• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Summoner, you guys had this in the bag. July quick shot RR because he was obv scum who shot the bomb.
This was lylo, you didn't even let ppl have discussion. I thought you were scum.

My bad, x1 is right. Forgot Gheb/Bsl were cleared, so you shot the obv scum. You did fine actually.

Sigh... Ok, yelling at Luxor now...

LUXOR WHERE THE **** WERE YOU OMFG. YOU WERE THE COP? WHY DIDN'T YOU COME OUT. **** **** **** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. WHY DID YOU LET JULY TAKE THE WHOLE BURDEN WITH THE VOTING SYSTEM? YOU LET HER DOWN, YOU LET THE WHOLE TOWN DOWN. HONESTLY I DIDN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT IT, AND ZEN DIDN'T TOTALLY GO BY IT, BUT I SUSPECTED HIM FOR IT. I BET YOU INSPECTED ME N1 HUH BECAUSE YOU KEPT CALLING ME GF. THEN, WHO DID YOU INSPECT? PLZ TELL US THAT. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. <-- I'm going to take it you were really invested into your role, and you just wanted more. ONE MORE RESULT you said. Yet you investigated one night too many. You were scummy and laying low. It's better if you CC early and not late. I guess it was tempting. It hurt us tho (not saying I didn't hurt the town, which I gladly take credit for).

Ok, my shot. Sorry, I thought Vocal was scum trying to BADLY distance off of Kuz. He reacted very weirdly to me and I haven't ever seen this kind of play from him as opposed to Cinemafia. I didn't like Kuz coasting and only rebutting MY ACTIONS when I was trying to ****ing scumhunt. BAM I SHOT KUZ. I condemned Summoner for shooting so quickly, but I do admit that Sword was pretty obv town but LOOK AT GHEB. ****. I'm sure he took the easier stance from Luxor/Sword, and shot him without thinking. Again, I put Luxor at fault of this too because he didn't even CC THE ****ING SCUM. ****KK.I just really thought Kuz was scummy here, but I was wrong about Vocal and Kuz. I wasn't wrong about Gheb/Delvro. ****. I played very badly here, and I won't deny that I have contributed to the towns loss, I have.

July: you did really good. I know you really cared for this game, and I destroyed your motivation for it. Sorry.

Ryker: I didn't know that you were bomb, but I can see you claimed since you knew I would have shot you. I don't know, if you were just rebutting me because I was wrong or just to pick on me. ;-; Honestly I was trying to scumhunt, but the trap thing I did not notice.

Kuz: sorry, thought you were really scum here. I also didn't like the "weird distancing" vocal was doing. Guess it wasn't..

RR: You were obvscum, lol.

BSL: You are lucky Lux didn't cc you. You played pretty badly, actually. NO STANCES SO I CAN NOT BE AFFECTED TOMMOROW. In fact, if Lux counter claimed, you'd be lynched over him. I mean shot.

Gheb: I knew it, but I thought kuz was scummier then you. In fact, I would have shot Delvro before he replaced out, actually. But ****...

Swordancer: Meh, you were townie, I guess. Lol. Because of the kuz vs you arguments I may have thought one of you were scum.

Clownbot: I found it odd you weren't talking about ME, when I replaced in. It seemed odd, like you were trying to keep a disconnection from me, or just not stick your neck out to draw out your thoughts. Only would you have said something about me when it seemed like I was BUDDYING you. Jeez.

Vocal: I was wrong about you. I thought that was a really bad distance on Kuz, and I pressured you on that. Don't know why you were reacting that badly, even saying I said you were scum when I didn't really say that yet.

Gova: You were pretty null to me.

Zen: I don't think you should have killed Gova solely on him "distancing" me, since that's an associative tell. I do agree with you that I'd probably have shot him because I did the same with Kuz, so you did fine. I'm sorry for questioning you. I also thought July was scum with you because you seemed to say "I'm going to shoot Gova. I'm gonna do it!" and it seemed fake, and when Ryker said yeah, you then shifted to "Or.. how about Ran?" which is why I pressed the issue of your ability to shoot. I was really wrong here. ****ing god damn it... the scum mostly coasted to victory... Seph/Delvro/BSL. Well maybe BSL had to post a the COP. But damn it. Gheb/RR weren't helpful either. I didn't have a read on RR tho.

X1: Thanks x1 for hosting. Does BIM just do popcorn like setups with vigs and stuff, or ANY bad idea? I'd like to host one in the future. You did great man, it was really fun. I didn't do well, but I did try to hesitate from shooting alot. Not until Seph replaced out, I shot Kuz because I really thought he was scum. ****.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ran seriously stop and think before you post. From Summoner's point of view Gheb/BSL were cleared so one of the other two HAD to be scum, he couldn't misshoot

July

Smash Apprentice

Luxor, why didn't you claim town cop way, way back when? We could have had scum D1 :'(

Although credit to scum team for playing well, great job Gheb, BSL, and Red Ryu.

Shoutouts later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran seriously stop and think before you post. From Summoner's point of view Gheb/BSL were cleared so one of the other two HAD to be scum, he couldn't misshoot

Oh yeah, my bad. Forgot Gheb bsl were cleared. You right.

Well still, Luxor should have cc'd earlier. That's all tho.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I didn't play that well here, first time replacing in and I shouldn't have made the mistakes I did.

Well shooting town bomb was something that I had to do when half of town was agreeing to shoot me anyways so I went for the quick shot.

Gheb and BSL deserve credit for winning more than me, tbh.

July

Smash Apprentice
@Ran: Honestly, Summoner did what pretty much any townie would do in that situation because we thought it was a sure thing to hit scum. EVEN if we had waited for discussion and Luxor claimed town cop, I don't think anyone would have believed him anyways after sooo long without a cc on the cop.

@Red Ryu: Still, town's lack of coordination allowed scum Seph to slip by and for you to get the shot in on Ryker that set-up the win. All in all you guys did really well, but Gheb and BSL did great at fooling town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb I would have shot you if I wasn't fixed on Kuz. But I shot my top scumspect because I thought that would be what mattered. : [ Not gonna talk more about this, I won't be rubbing my salt wounds. I'll just wait till it heals and run again. : ]

July: Yeah I guess so. Sorry Summoner. :3 Hope you can be more active. : D

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Luxor, that might be the worst play I've seen in a long, LONG time. You should've counter claimed BSL IMMEDIATELY. You should've NOT investigated me night one. I was uncounter claimed bomb and the only person who could be cleared WITHOUT your help. You should've targeted Gheb that night that I stressed SO HARD that he needed to be targeted by the cop. Even if you did insist on not CCing as cop, you would've had both the scum you could've pinned right there and been able to claim THEN when your role was WORTH SOMETHING. As it was, you killed this town.

Learn from it. When you have scum, take it. Don't mind game yourself and investigate people who don't need investigating. Play better.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
WHAT.

I just checked the thread. I don't even...

Luxor was cop?

****that****.png
EDIT: ANYWAY

Yeah, I ended up getting wrecked by uni right after this game started. Sorry guys, but assignments come first.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol that's what I thought. ;-; Oh well.

Live and learn.

It's ok, we all have rl's. I guess you really thought I was scum. Sorry.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I love how everybody is like "yeah, I knew Gheb was scum" EVERY ENDGAME but nobody ever actually does something about it. Soooooo~ annoying. If you brag about having "pinned" me as scum then you freely admit to suck at this game for making the wrong decision. GG?

I don't think there's a lot of positive things for me to say about this town. Just looking at the set-up I can already tell that no town should *ever* lose that. 50% chance to find scum upon a cop / bomb counter claim is way too much in town's favor by itself but having 9 shooters to confirm themselves while mafia only had 1 ... ugh.
The whole mafia team was complete FODDER except for the GF - if we claimed to be vanilla we could easily have been found out lying ... if we claimed to be bomb or cop there was a 50% chance of us being confirmed as scum anyway. Town could've won this game by math easily ...

You all should play better next time ...

Luxor: Since you probably get a lot of flak already ... I skip out the obvious points of critique. The impression I had was that you didn't understand the cop role or the mechanics of this set-up. I vanilla copped you because after I while I thought you were the only one left who could possibly not realize that he should've counter claimed. Did you even send in night actions? All night phases took rather long.

Ranmaru: "I knew you were scum". Good shit, genius ... I know who was scum every endgame in every game ever brb fapping in front of my mirror.
Youl should play more considerate ... a lot of your though process is hard to follow. This makes some questions look superfluous to the other players and some questions ... well - just *are* superfluous. You really need to think harder before you submit a post and question what the purpose of your post is - does it even give you anything? A lot of your posts make me doubt that tbh.

July - decent game until the moment you shot RR. We all know that this wasn't your job to do. Had you let Sword / Summoner take the shot you could've won the game by sheer numbers [though you couldn't have known about Lux's mistake you need to keep this in mind for later - this was a crucial moment in the game and you seem to have lost your consideration ... ].

Obviously, nobody in this game deserves MVP award. Sworddancer actually played quite well but he never got to make an impact.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hee hee funny I said I was wrong about 2/3 of my picks. Anyways there were alot of distractions so meh. (I was also wrong about July/Zen too)

Thanks though. I will try to be concise in the future. I'll be using bullet points and tables so that people don't have a hard time reading my thoughts.

X1 makes a good point that I tend to be scatter brained, or that my mind is unorganized. Then it hits me, my room is always unorganized, and my backpacks for school had always been unorganized. I'll try to convey my messages clearer.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I love how everybody is like "yeah, I knew Gheb was scum" EVERY ENDGAME but nobody ever actually does something about it. Soooooo~ annoying. If you brag about having "pinned" me as scum then you freely admit to suck at this game for making the wrong decision. GG?
This.

Oh my God this.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL: You are lucky Lux didn't cc you. You played pretty badly, actually. NO STANCES SO I CAN NOT BE AFFECTED TOMMOROW. In fact, if Lux counter claimed, you'd be lynched over him. I mean shot.
I WAS GOING TO BE SHOT, THEN I CLAIMED COP. I played badly, and If I was CC'd I would've been shot? OF COURSE. I was going to be shot BEFORE I claimed.

And that excuse was complete bull****. Of course it was bad. I wasn't actually the cop, and it wasnt true.

Think, ranmaru.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Well, I think Gheb nailed it on the head with what I want to say.

This game was really protown. If town just played by the numbers they could of won. However, lots of bad town play ruined that.

Zen & Ran shooting by themselves was probably the first two big mistakes. I know some thought they were scummy, but IIRC most had other picks to be the shooter besides those two. It kind of felt like both of them were trying to make that "heroic" shot at the person they just knew was scum.

I think Kuz had a very good point about how scummy shoot scummy was a good strategy, and this game could've been a lot different if we've actually of followed that.

Of course Luxor not counterclaiming cop was a pretty huge mistake, but everyone has pretty much already went over that, so yeah.

So just a couple shootouts:

@Kuz: Lol, sorry bro I thought you were scum. Tbh, I didn't state all of the reasons I thought you were scummy in thread, out of a lack of total clear thinking on my part. Basically, I thought you were scum for these four main points:

1. Early Day 1 play was weird. You calling me scum right after I voted you felt scummy. As I said, it looked like you were looking for a fight whether than to actually scumhunt.
2. Coasting Day 1.
3. Coming back only to rebutt what thoughts were made against you. I mean I know that's natural and all but that's all you were doing for awhile there.
4. (this one I didn't state in thread): I thought your pushes were weird. I knew I was town, an plus at the time I also felt that Luxor and Seph were town. I was just thinking to myself, "man, how can Kuz make so many bad pushes if he's town?"

Anyways though, good call out on Seph. I wouldn't of never guessed Seph was scum, so props for that. I don't have any regrets pushing you, because tbh it was the funnest part of this game for me.

@Gheb: GG. I know you're probably not going to believe this but I DID have some suspicion against you, but it was after BSL "cleared" you so I just didn't pursue it. Anyways, I think I'm better able to read you after this game, so that's one good thing that came out of it perhaps.

@Gova: Why were you so mean to me? :( If you look back Day 1 you can see that I was trying to help you, but you gotta LET me help you bro.

Uh, that's all for now, might do some more later, might not.

Anyways, again, gg scum for winning in basically an impossible set up for scum to win in.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Going to abstain from saying much at the moment because my time is almost up.

@Luxor, derp.

@Summoner, did you even read the rules? Or were you just trying to be a hero? Once scum GF is dead there is zero need to quickshoot as nothing will be able to interrupt town from having discussion. Gah.

Agree with Gheb only that the setup was so pro-town I simply can't believe we lost.

I guess the overall direction of town focus was good, since we went from BSL straight to Seph (and Ryker would have latched onto Gheb if he wasn't psuedo cleared by the fake cop). A few townies tried to be the hero along the way and ****ed it up, but can't be helped I guess.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Oh and @Ranmaru: Your shoutouts annoy me more than you actually quickshooting me. Stop.

Don't agree with everyone giving Summoner a free pass on that. There was no reason NOT to wait until everyone posted before quickshoot. I know Luxor looked obvscum but, even if he had shot him after he CCd cop, it would have made more sense than to do it before anyone spoke. Trying to be the hero.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Luxor, that might be the worst play I've seen in a long, LONG time. You should've counter claimed BSL IMMEDIATELY. You should've NOT investigated me night one. I was uncounter claimed bomb and the only person who could be cleared WITHOUT your help. You should've targeted Gheb that night that I stressed SO HARD that he needed to be targeted by the cop. Even if you did insist on not CCing as cop, you would've had both the scum you could've pinned right there and been able to claim THEN when your role was WORTH SOMETHING. As it was, you killed this town.

Learn from it. When you have scum, take it. Don't mind game yourself and investigate people who don't need investigating. Play better.
This too.

/im done

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I may have gotten in from Seph but I sure don't think I deserve praise for doing much.

I looked super scummy when I replaced in instead of inactive. :/

July

Smash Apprentice
@Gheb: My shot was dumb and I know it hurt town, I was on the comp at the wrong time in the wrong state of mind and just couldn't get my head together to figure out what we had planned to do. I'm really sorry to town for that stupid shot and I felt horrible about it, I really did try to help as much as possible but that shot was a mistake and I knew it immediately afterwards.

Still planning on shoutouts but distracted by Spring Fling, so yeaahhh will get to those eventually :p

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Gheb: My shot was dumb and I know it hurt town, I was on the comp at the wrong time in the wrong state of mind and just couldn't get my head together to figure out what we had planned to do. I'm really sorry to town for that stupid shot and I felt horrible about it, I really did try to help as much as possible but that shot was a mistake and I knew it immediately afterwards.

Still planning on shoutouts but distracted by Spring Fling, so yeaahhh will get to those eventually :p
WHAAAAAAAAT?? You're a Penn kid too? How didn't I know this lol, we should hang out and smash sometime. Facebook me - Derrick High

GET FLUNG!

July

Smash Apprentice
LOOOL OMG, Penn ftw!! That's awesome, I'll deff look you up (my name is Alicia Lehmer) and we should hang out and play sometime before finals : D

Viva La FLING!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hee hee funny I said I was wrong about 2/3 of my picks. Anyways there were alot of distractions so meh. (I was also wrong about July/Zen too)

Thanks though. I will try to be concise in the future. I'll be using bullet points and tables so that people don't have a hard time reading my thoughts.

X1 makes a good point that I tend to be scatter brained, or that my mind is unorganized. Then it hits me, my room is always unorganized, and my backpacks for school had always been unorganized. I'll try to convey my messages clearer.
Tables are stupid and make your posts a ***** to reply to.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The whole time I was worried about someone shootingthe realcop, as the second the realcop was dead (aside from lylo of course) I would be dead, and then gheb wouldn't be cleared and would have the heat again.

Delvro

Smash Ace
What the? Town lost this game? Lol, I thought that was impossible.

As usual, everyone in the town blames everyone but themselves. =P

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not true. I took credit for the loss too.

Lol @ Clownbot mocking himself. Ah.

@Ryker: Ah but they look nice. : D I admit I hate it when people reply to it tho, because then it becomes a mess of one line quotes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
BIM games look anti-scum relative to other games cause scum endgames a lot earlier.

What the? Town lost this game? Lol, I thought that was impossible.

As usual, everyone in the town blames everyone but themselves. =P
I didn't play, but no this is legitimately Lux's fault.

He didn't CC when mafia claimed cop, which allowed mafia to "clear" it's remaining players.

RR quickshooting an unCC'd bomb was a close second.

X1-12

Smash Champion
The set-up was intentionally swung in town's favour for three reasons.

1.) With the godfather alive, LYLO is earlier, especially if the bomb is claimed, or has been VCopped with the cop claimed/dead

2.) This is a BIM game. There will always be an idiot who just shoots because they're incapable of thinking they're wrong or that anyone knows better than them. This leads on to point 3

3.) This game was orginally aimed at newer players, the ability to Daykill at any time + New players = disaster imo. I was really quite impressed with how it was run for most of D1 but then people started replacing out and Zen shot instead of making someone scummy do it etc etc.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
That just means that him not being cc'd was as bad a mistake, doing really stupid things is not excused by somebody else doing something really stupid that makes it somehow work, unless you know they did something really stupid.
RR never claimed anything though.

I think you're confusing RR with BSL, who was the one who fake claimed cop.

EDIT: I'm confused as to what you're talking about.

I didn't play, but no this is legitimately Lux's fault.

He didn't CC when mafia claimed cop, which allowed mafia to "clear" it's remaining players.

RR quickshooting an unCC'd bomb was a close second.
You're talking about mistakes town made here, right? However, RR wasn't town, so . . .

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Huh?

Obviously I'm out of it right now, so let me start again.

RR shooting the claimed town bomb was dumb even though he was the godfather, was he trying to lose scum the game there?

Edit: Stupid actions that should've cost their side the game, not necessarily town mistakes, that's my category.

Top Bottom