• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Added your BRRES/MDL0-related Python scripts to the front page. Worked like a charm for the things I tried out (extracting the model files from Dragon Ball's BIN files, hexing the ones from Mario Sports Mix, etc.). :bee:

Judas

Smash Apprentice
RandomTBush, have you watched your private messages? I had some questions for you, that are in relation with this topic.... I hope it doesn't disturb you...

Anyway, ForOhError, I tried your program, it is very useful! Thank you!

Any chance you could get it to figure out animations as well? Or is that a lost cause. Its keeping me from importing some NSMBW stuff (I want to use the original animations).

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
RandomTBush, have you watched your private messages? I had some questions for you, that are in relation with this topic.... I hope it doesn't disturb you...

I also sent one for you too RTB...

For those of you curious, I'm interested in importing these two stages.

I have everything for the first one and just need to import the animations and as for the 2nd one, I cant seem to find the models or textures anywhere. I'm starting to suspect that I have to find all the pieces separately and put it together myself.

mario6420072

Smash Cadet
Any chance you could get it to figure out animations as well? Or is that a lost cause. Its keeping me from importing some NSMBW stuff (I want to use the original animations).
Maybe this is the thing that you need: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9531362&postcount=1343

a - Click on the Chr0 animation yo want to preview and yo will see four fields: FrameCount, Unknown1, Unknown2, Unknown3. Fill unknown1, 2 and 3 with 0 (although sometimes the field Unknown2 can be filled with 1 when you are working on animated stages for instance) and fill the FrameCount field with a high number (500 for example). Give a name to the animation (rename it as you want) and know go to the model (.mdl0), right click --> preview
b - See when the animation ends. You can look a bone that changes constantly, you can note this because when a animation ends this bone have almost all his parameters (X, Y, Z translation, etc) in yellow and reduce the FrameCount to the final frame number (in case of Blue Spiny Shell the end is frame 60).

This is a way to port Chr0 animations from another games :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those of you curious, I'm interested in importing these two stages.

I have everything for the first one and just need to import the animations and as for the 2nd one, I cant seem to find the models or textures anywhere. I'm starting to suspect that I have to find all the pieces separately and put it together myself.
The NSMB Wii levels are not actual models. They're actually tilesets (which is why it's easy to make custom levels for that game), but the sprites themselves do have models.

Maybe this is the thing that you need: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9531362&postcount=1343

a - Click on the Chr0 animation yo want to preview and yo will see four fields: FrameCount, Unknown1, Unknown2, Unknown3. Fill unknown1, 2 and 3 with 0 (although sometimes the field Unknown2 can be filled with 1 when you are working on animated stages for instance) and fill the FrameCount field with a high number (500 for example). Give a name to the animation (rename it as you want) and know go to the model (.mdl0), right click --> preview
b - See when the animation ends. You can look a bone that changes constantly, you can note this because when a animation ends this bone have almost all his parameters (X, Y, Z translation, etc) in yellow and reduce the FrameCount to the final frame number (in case of Blue Spiny Shell the end is frame 60).

This is a way to port Chr0 animations from another games :)
I know about this method. I ported a bunch of Pokemon from Pokepark Wii over brawls Pokemon, animations and all. Its NSMBW's animations that are not cooperating. Also, none of the animations are named, and when you have multiple models in a brres, figuring out which animation belongs to which can be a tedious pain.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I have TMNT-SU, Windows 7, Dolphin and Process Memory Dumper. I can run the game. I extracted the .sav as well. If I ask task manager to perform a dump it says success but doesnt actually save it anywhere. Dolphin also doesnt show up when I try with Process Memory Dumper. Anyone know how I can extract the stuff?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay so I have TMNT-SU, Windows 7, Dolphin and Process Memory Dumper. I can run the game. I extracted the .sav as well. If I ask task manager to perform a dump it says success but doesnt actually save it anywhere. Dolphin also doesnt show up when I try with Process Memory Dumper. Anyone know how I can extract the stuff?
If you're using Windows 7, you can actually just open up the Task Manager, right-click on the program and dump the memory from there.

If that still doesn't work, just let me know what you need from the game and I'll send it to you -- I've got all of the characters and stages extracted.

I also sent one for you too RTB...
I should really get around to answering my PMs.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
If you're using Windows 7, you can actually just open up the Task Manager, right-click on the program and dump the memory from there.

If that still doesn't work, just let me know what you need from the game and I'll send it to you -- I've got all of the characters and stages extracted.
I am using windows 7. When I do this it says it created a dump file (Dolphin.dmp) but when I search it doesnt come up. And I actually like to do it myself. Is there any way I can do this on my own as much as possible? Like can you send me your dolphin dump or something and tell me the basics to extracting and that shader fixing thing?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
RandomTBush: Take your time to answer, answer when you have time, because my question probably needs a long answer, so I prefer that you answer later if you don't have time now, the only thing I wanted with this post was to make you aware that I sent you a PM, because some people don't control them so often. Anyway, New Super Mario bros Wii is a good game, I would be happy to see some of his things in Brawl.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Yeah. I've gotten six people now asking about how to fix the models from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Sometime next month (for sure), I'll write a step-by-step tutorial on how to do so.

I am using windows 7. When I do this it says it created a dump file (Dolphin.dmp) but when I search it doesnt come up. And I actually like to do it myself. Is there any way I can do this on my own as much as possible? Like can you send me your dolphin dump or something and tell me the basics to extracting and that shader fixing thing?
I think it might be in your C:\Users\*username*\Local Settings\Temp. I could be wrong, though -- do a search for it and see where the Dolphin.dmp file is located. As for the model corrections, I'll have to take a look at the models again, because I can't remember off the top of my head which specific values need to be fixed to make the models not transparent.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I've gotten six people now asking about how to fix the models from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Sometime next month (for sure), I'll write a step-by-step tutorial on how to do so.

I think it might be in your C:\Users\*username*\Local Settings\Temp. I could be wrong, though -- do a search for it and see where the Dolphin.dmp file is located. As for the model corrections, I'll have to take a look at the models again, because I can't remember off the top of my head which specific values need to be fixed to make the models not transparent.
Exactly. When I check it isnt there. Would you be able to send me as much as possible but with as little work done on them as possible? I could use a challenge

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Just stages if you wouldnt mind please
Alright. I haven't hexed any of them yet (except for the crocodile which goes with the Forest stage), and you should probably replace the textures with ones gotten from Dolphin's texture dumps because quite a lot of them have glitched-up squares in the top-left corner for some reason. Either way, check your Personal Messages -- it should be there shortly.

Also, the Manhattan stage is already a WIP from my brother and I, so pick anything else other than that to work on.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I haven't hexed any of them yet (except for the crocodile which goes with the Forest stage), and you should probably replace the textures with ones gotten from Dolphin's texture dumps because quite a lot of them have glitched-up squares in the top-left corner for some reason. Either way, check your Personal Messages -- it should be there shortly.

Also, the Manhattan stage is already a WIP from my brother and I, so pick anything else other than that to work on.
Alright thanks. Also great to hear that its being worked on. My favourite stage from the game hope you guys finish :)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Alright thanks. Also great to hear that its being worked on. My favourite stage from the game hope you guys finish :)
We're pretty much done. All we need to do is fix the lighting, and also fix the clouds animating in the background (so that the animation won't stop before it loops), and then it's ready for release.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
We're pretty much done. All we need to do is fix the lighting, and also fix the clouds animating in the background (so that the animation won't stop before it loops), and then it's ready for release.
Really? What did you do for the electric fence, fan thing etc.? Just left it as nothing?

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Because I can't add in the programming for those, they're left out from the stage. Everything else is there, though, and the stage is still quite playable without 'em.

Oh wow looks awesome. Keep up the great work.
I tried to make Turtle Base. It's basically done but it needs whatever additional fixes that it should have. Looks kinda...strange without XD
Can you tell me how to fix the TMNT-SU models to look right in-game?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do have a pretty curious question to ask, regarding Mario Sports Mix and TMNT: Smash-Up. When I looked at the primary post, the two game apparently have descriptions that are highly identical to each other...

RandomTBush said:
Mario Sports Mix
- (The models have an unknown compression and must be extracted from a memory dump. Also, the models need to have their polygon/material headers corrected manually. More on that later.)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up
- (The models are *.PAC files, but they have an unknown compression and need to be extracted from a memory dump. Also, the models need to have their polygon/material headers corrected manually. More on that later.)
Now, I'm only guessing, but is it possible that Mario Sports Mix and TMNT: Smash-Up use the exact same compression method? I would hope not, seeing as the latter is also a PS2 title.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Alright Ill try that. And not stupidly high stupidly low -1856145824 etc. XD
Ah, you know what I mean. XP

RTB? when will the tutorial come how to insert models manually? like your TF2 and melees hats and sandwich? D:
I wanna try ;_;
It's honestly a lot harder than it seems. Either way, BlackJax96 over at the Kitty Corp is working on finishing up Kryal's DAE importer, so once that's done, making custom models will be easy to do.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I don't know if this is Off-Topic...
But I recently found that Star Fox Assault (Yeah, gamecube) have Pac files, but I can't open them...
I want just to discover the type of models...
-It also uses "nut"/"mot"/"bin"/"fpc"/"efb"...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's probably different even if it's the same extension. I know Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst (PC) uses pac files for a few different things but they're also not the same.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah just because a file ends with .pac, doesn't mean that it behaves like Brawl's PAC files. For instance, TMNT: Smash-Up has PAC files, but they use an unknown compression method, instead of Brawl's LZ77 compression.

Top Bottom