• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
420 without weed for me, /quitlife

@0room

falcon kick is so good. no1 expects it ever, and its like a mindgame cuz people are like "ugh i just got hit by falcon kick"

and it makes u look flashy as ****, all of which give u the mental upperhand.

I falcon kyick on the regular.

jeapie and i are the same person

in 2 years.

when i perfect this techskill.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I down-B a lot of people on reaction to punish. With Ganon it's even better especially when you reverse down-B and then they WC DI almost 100%. It happens ALL the time to me when I do it, I always get it reverse. I use it to punish knee sometimes too. It's so good. No one expects the reverse ftw, =D

I also don't have stuff for 4-20, fml.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I personally have nothing against marijuana but suggest that it should be kept separate and personal from smash as this is a forum of all ages. It also deflects new people when entering the scene when they see everyone openly talk about and do drugs.

On Falcon Kick: I use it sometimes when I feel cornered towards the ledge. That's when I mostly see falcons use it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Every Falcon ever does it but somehow it still works ... somehow ...
Falcon is really good at punishing you for stuff like this if he thinks you're going to do it though <_< double jump backward in a rainbow arc and come down on their head with a demoralizing stomp
Works wonders on dumb spacies who side-b onto the stage because they're not technical enough to ledgedash

JPOBS

Smash Hero
hbay s2j.

if the story of how 420 came to be according to wikipedia is to be believed, its the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard in regards to why a day should be recognized as having special meaning.

Brookman

Smash Hero
The best is when you are at the edge vs. . . any character (at a higher percent) really and the try to JC grab/dash attack/shffl nair, you down b at the last second the spacing pulls you out of range and you explode forward and they get launched off stage (kage was talking about the reverse). I get lots of people with this **** and it always works ;]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Quick Falcon uairs are so good.

I especially like using them for a silly approach followed up by a gentleman/pivot gentleman. Too good. Still need to work on spacing that gentleman though ^_^;;

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
ugh... i still can never gentleman
honestly i cannot for the life of me do it consistently. whats the best way to do it..?
what's the timing between the jab? can I press the first two As super quick, then just delay the third one? or do I need to put a delay between the first two as well?

D

Deleted member

easy way that will always work:

press first two jabs quickly

hold a and down for 3rd jab till u duck

don't delay, just press it quickly and smoothly

hitting them with each jab helps

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
easy way that will always work:

press first two jabs quickly

hold a and down for 3rd jab till u duck

don't delay, just press it quickly and smoothly

hitting them with each jab helps
so a+a+(hold a + hold down) all fast? Cus usually i have to do like a a (some delay) a, but i find that way is slow, the pros do it fast lol

Walt

Smash Ace
Hold down is a ballar way to do it. Still trying to pull off Gentlemen>WD Gentlemen since I saw someone do it one time.

D

Deleted member

so a+a+(hold a + hold down) all fast? Cus usually i have to do like a a (some delay) a, but i find that way is slow, the pros do it fast lol
yeap

according to some magus post it's all about how long u hold down A and if u exceed some total frame limit you will do rapid jabs

socking them with each jab though CANCELS out the frames that would otherwise cause u to rapid jab

so, briskly jab and hold down A+ duck for easy way make sure ur jabs hit if one misses u should still be ok

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I do it A,A, A+Z and can usually dash out immediately.

All the ways work. The key points are:

You need the first 2 jabs to hit (your opponent or his shield) to cancel the 3rd hit quickly. So if you miss one or the other the only way to cancel the knee is to do it much slower.

Every variation works, it's just a matter of which one gives you the most consistent timing.

Don't be afraid to mix the timings on the jabs up a ton, learning different mixups (like jab + grab after conditioning them to expect 3 grabs, jab dash through dair from behind, etc.) and how slow and how fast you can do the jabs will help you in control overall.

Top Bottom