• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev XIX - Bring TVs, Power Strips and Cubes!

joeplicate

Smash Master
so i'm gonna come down this weekend to see my sister and my grandpa

but i don't really wanna go to the tournament lol

D

Deleted member

hang out with us on the weekend if u have time

you already know why!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Stab

make sure you have enough space for everybody

setups on the pool deck???

p.s. we need a commentator. macd volunteers if he can do it with oscar

OSKIE

-MacD

LuCKy

Smash Master
c'mon johnny T-T i gotta come to this n i dont know who else is coming form north lol i gotta win singles so i can start paying alex back for his car >.>

-edit happy birthday johnny lol

D

Deleted member

c'mon johnny T-T i gotta come to this n i dont know who else is coming form north lol i gotta win singles so i can start paying alex back for his car >.>

-edit happy birthday johnny lol
i probably got u, 70%

MacD

Banned via Administration
btw, this needs to end by like 7:15 cause i need to be at UCI by 8

sooooooooooo, my car won't be going to dinner

and miiiight have to leave early if we are out of the tourney

Lovage

Smash Hero
so down with rushing tournaments from now on

can't be 16 forever, there's other **** i wanna do besides be at a tourny for 14 hours!
(mostly play Pc games in my house LOL but that's beside the ***n point)

DJMirror

Smash Master
Well RUSH IT ASAP, Start DQing people around 12 if they're late for doubles. People from Irvine shouldn't have any excuses if they're late.

I wanna go back to Cam's house asap to play some Final Fantasy 8...After 8 i'll think about playing FF9

if we start at 12 and rush everything (singles and doubles) we should be done before 8pm for sure

and what connor said it's true, SCSA4 had a powerout and ****ing tournament didn't end til 4am... mother****a

You guys would still have times for crews etc

Lovage

Smash Hero
wellllp

stayed up all night drinking and doing nothing again

hope i wake up in time to come to this ****
cant wait to ****/see every1

PEACE

edi: i love jonnys avatar

WHA?

Smash Ace
wellllp

stayed up all night drinking and doing nothing again

hope i wake up in time to come to this ****
cant wait to ****/see every1

PEACE

edi: i love jonnys avatar
omg......... dude ur our ride......... ppl are countin on u......
can anyone gimmie lovages number???//

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
1: Lovage
2: MacD
3: Fly Amanita
4: Westballz
5: Hyprid
5: Stab
7: Baka4moe
7: Sung
9: Sunny
9: Connor
9: Russoul
9: Shadow
13: G&T
13: W.A.S.T.E
13: Ekoli
13: HugQ

31 entrants before pools

1: Lush Lagoon 2 (Zhu + MacD) ($66.00)
2: We were drunk last night (Lovage + Fly Amanita) ($33.00)
3: Lush Lagoon 5 (Baka4moe + Westballz) ($11.00)
4: Tortaleenee (HugQ + Sung)
5: Lush Lagoon 4 (Hyprid + Stab)
5: Lush Lagoon 3 (Shadow and Sunny)
7: Team Waste (G&T and jesse)
7: Attrition ***** (Big****master88 + Spark)
9: We Suck (Adam + Kirbyraeg)
9: Lush Lagoon (Anto + Combofest)
13: Wha eats Captain Crunch (Wha + Captain Crunch)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
fun tourney! im hella tired right now so shoutouts later maybe.

except, one big shoutout to hyprid for going on a ****** STREAK in loser's. good **** kevin. :)

also whats up with those silly team names? haha

Kira-

Smash Champion
so... kevin beat 3 ranked players

we all knew it had to happen

good **** kevin =P

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Shoutouts

1: Lovage - I love your Fox. SO DA SMOOT. you really inspired me to practice my Fox more. congrats on winning. Hopefully I'll play LoL with you sometime :p
2: MacD - Peach bomber and Toad Peach dittos are too good! Everyone's going to get destructed by our new team combos. Grats on 2nd. cya on LoL later.
3: Fly Amanita - It was fun hanging out and talking to you again! Watching you play Oscar is really fun and congrats on 3rd.
4: Westballz - Why are you such an *******? I really like your Falco. it's so good and you're really really consistent with your combos. Let's team sometime!
5: Hyprid - great job yesterday. You played really well. When I asked if you wanted to reset, I meant your controller, not the first match LOL. it's okay, I would've lost anyways. Just know I will destroy you next time we play. :)
5: Stab - thanks for hosting, you did a good job. your mom's apple bake thing was really good! also, tsk tsk losing to my Sheik :awesome:
7: Baka4moe - good job winning all your hype matches. It seems like everyone roots against you LOL
9: Sunny - I keep mixing you up with Shadows >_> you'll get Baka next time. just stop jumping; you're asking to get naired!
9: Connor - you suck
9: Russoul - good job doing so well. you've gotten a lot better! I'm gonna beat you next time though. ;)
9: Shadow - I don't think I talked to you but I thought you were Sunny and vice versa LOL
13: G&T - George right? I like your Falco. I also like how we were both watching Oscar's Falco and were like "daaaaaamn"
13: HugQ - good games...HugQT hahah

Jason - it was nice hanging out with you again :) I'll see you more at Cam's or something.
Spencer - it was also nice seeing you again. it was fun talking in the car/at Taco bell haha. Touhou looked pretty interesting. hope you MM some people at Tetris next tourny.
Ding - lololol we'll beat MacD's Zelda next time! you got Zelda spiked LOL it was cool talking/playing you kinda.

I forgot how cool SD people are lol

Also, to whoever beat me yesterday, I WILL ****ING DESTROY YOU NEXT TOURNAMENT AND WILL CONTINUE TO GO TO TOURNAMENTS (up until Genesis) UNTIL I DO. :D

Fun tourny, cya guys at the next one.

MacD

i'll do my shout outs in the next post, just want to make sure anyone who ever runs a tourney/seeds sees this

you need to make sure you not only look at the top 8 people, you also need to make sure that the expected losers from the first round aren't from the same region/play each other all the time. if you look at the first round of losers bracket you get

ekoli vs russoul
hugq vs sung
sunny vs g&t
hyprid vs waste

anyone who sees this would want to change the seeding. like i would have probably switched sunny, hugq, and russoul or something, so do first round matches of

hugq vs shadow
sunny vs connor
russoul vs me

just food for thought for those of you who seeded/okay'd the bracket

i know you had to change me vs sung cause we played in pools, but that shouldn't have happened at first, then you maybe made last minute changes or whatever. i know it happens, but this is just an fyi to everyone who might ever seed stuff

MacD

1: Lovage- asjigah;ghadi;ofghadiofj darn you and your fox, so much cheating!!!!!! nah but seriously, good stuff. either i forgot how to not get drilled/*****, or you just know how to get me with it. idk why but every nair/bair was like a 50% combo which isn't supposed to happen :( i hope you weren't turned off/whatever by my physical expressions. i've just been upset because my tech skill is sucking and then you destroying me and stuff, you know how it goes haha (especially missing those fall down fair's under the stage, i personally pride myself on my fair timing :ohwell:).

3: Fly Amanita- interesting set, really didn't expect you to go peach on me. caught me off guard. i still think your best option is try with your IC's. i personally feel like it was just the novelty (ww?) effect of a new character that got you the game. kinda like with kira's puff vs your ic's or vanz ylink against darc. sure it works at first, but you figure out what to do (i say this just because dittos are my fav thing ever lol). i mean, if you seriously wanna try learning the ditto then whatever, but i still feel like your IC's are your best bet. i'm surprised you haven't tried them once in such a long time, even just to get some vids and see what to do.

4: Westballz- some semi janky matches. i was glad i got to play you, and i'm sure you felt the same. i would tell you how i think you could beat me, but you actually play all those characters as secondaries. though fox probably isn't your best bet

5: Hyprid- FD all day!!!!! lol. glad you got to run a train, sorry you had to be the beginning of my train in losers haha. you've got more vids now :D

5: Stab- you did well in our set. i was having troubles getting in and stuff. just know, i want to keep your from having that noob mentality is why i tell you these things (like your super hyped jump from beating wes cause of a suicide). though keep up that determination and dedication. it's nice to see that someone else is doing what me and johnny have done to break through to the "top."

7: Baka4moe-glad to see you were able to overcome zelda. she is a *****. didn't see you vs hyprid but hopefully you guys got that recorded on jason's set up, i'd be interested to see it. also, get at me and connor in our amazing dittos hahaha, they are too good

7: Sung- fun pools match. good stuff getting so far

9: Sunny- your name should be shadow cause you are darker, then i'd stop getting you two confused at first. sorry you had a rough first round haha. but you can learn from it being recorded or something. i also should have shown you how a real zelda plays hahaha.

9: Connor- you already know. amazing peach dittos and double peach combos. stop sucking. and ummmmmm yea idk lol

9: Russoul- i barely even saw you, glad you made it out man

9: Shadow- hope you had fun losing to the best zelda in so cal. i know it can be a hard experience lololol. but seriously, had lots of fun playing you in those matches. i'm glad you finally got your zelda ditto

13: G&T- i had lots of fun playing you in the beginning. "DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!" it'll be sad when you leave but hope you make the most of your smash time here

13: W.A.S.T.E- i had lots of fun playing you in the beginning too. and our pools matches. that first one was sooooooooooo close. i hope you vs baka was recorded. it'd be interesting too see how that went. hope i helped you learn to recover, since you started to do it better in our set

13: Ekoli- same as russoul

13: HugQ- hope to see you more. hope you bring back those skills you had. nice teams saves. it's cool to see things like that. also, i love down-b OoS, i know it's no up-b OoS, but look into it.

Wha- glad you were able to make it out. had fun in our pools match. seems you've improved some.

spark- good pools matches. sorry you couldn't carry jason harder haha. we should play one day when i'm on campus, if you have a set up that is.

Anto + Combofest- you two are always so much fun. sorry i messed up and shook stabs hand before jumping out and shouting hahahah. i'll remember one day

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Great tournament.
Good games to everyone I played in pools and friendlies.
Awesome job to Baka and Hyprid for coming through when it counted. Look forward to playing you again.
I'll definitely try to get in some friendlies with more of you.
I don't want to remain too much of a mystery. haha.

@MacDaddy69: Me vs. Baka didn't go too well. haha. Baka improved his game.

Top Bottom