• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Windrose

Smash Lord
I get in alot of zelda cpu practice. I originally try to practice against sheik but the cpu keeps turning into zelda. As a result, I have alot of knowledge on how to beat the crap out of zelda. :troll:

PS: I miss that mango falcon tips thread. what happened to him? Why did he get "super banned?" (i didn't really start diving into SWF until really recently)

EDIT: after doing some digging into old threads in the CF forum, i found many useful threads that contain answers to alot of questions that people ask and some of them even contain posts from magus with helpful advice.

For example, I found hax's melee falcon thread...not sure if we can even use this anymore, the last post was over 2 years ago....http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231492

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
falcon has no approaching moves. to make up for this he has the goodest dashdance ever which you should use a lot. also doublejump alot.. sh*t *****. let em come to you and skeet on them with a hax combo
What else do you need to know
GOODEST DASHDANCE EVER

0Room

Smash Lord
Eh I like to know everything. Like what can I do off a grab, can I even do anything off a grab [luigi it seems you can't, except maybe a uair], etc.
Zelda's fair and bair frustrate me, I'm not sure when to bust in.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
If zelda spams shdf you can nair in between the two fairs/bairs (same thing when marth does shdf). you can lead this to a 0-death combo, so much fun <3. works both from a dashdance and oos. if they try to approach more aggressively with dash attack/grab just dd grab them (dont try to shieldgrab if you think theyre gonna dash attack, zeldas are often good at mixing up grab/dash attack)
if they di up at low percent dont forget to sneak in knees and combo from those (since nair doesnt work if they di up and uair doesnt combo until 30% or so).
You mean this?
yhea ive seen those gifs, i was in the thread when magus posted them for the first time.
he said that it was just ideas that he had and he hadnt tested them in real matches lol.

but i still think those things can work well and ive forgotten about them every time ive met smasher89 (the planking puff). i should start using the stuff in that gif.
ill just ask some of the local smashers here play planking puff vs me next time i play with them lol, so i can practice.

unfortnately the fj bair thing only works on fd. but on other stages you can waveland on the platform next to it and drop->bair, which might actually be even safer/better.

Also does hax have a fan page on FB? if not someone make it. and dont forget to list him as an athlete. =)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Eh I like to know everything. Like what can I do off a grab, can I even do anything off a grab [luigi it seems you can't, except maybe a uair], etc.
Zelda's fair and bair frustrate me, I'm not sure when to bust in.
dthrow -> knee doesn't really combo Luigi but most Luigis will miss the DI, be too slow, trade, or jump into it like 4/5 of the time. So it's definitely worth going for at KO percents unless they've proven they will get out of it.

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
So, if there was a falcon who could perfectly space nipple stomps whenever he wanted if they were physically possible, how much better would that make him?

It is, after all, the strongest spike ever.

I've just been thinking about this for a while now, and it's hard to tell. Things like stomp to nipple stomp on the edge would be fantastic, as well as comboing into a nipple stomp, but how often would it actually come up to make a significant difference? For instance, how many throws actually combo to stomp and at what percents on what characters? Ie, if there was some way to consistently pull the spike off on jiggs it would be pretty nifty.

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
The thing is it would be best at lower percents against, say fox. I think it works as low as like 50, but you have very little room for error, and spacing it perfectly is pretty difficult, in addition to placing yourself horizontally, you have to fastfall at exactly the right time, or else you end up too high, but if you do it too early the stomp doesn't come out. I wonder when it works against jiggs/peach?

That's overall an easier use though because the stomp doesn't get DIed that often.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Ie, if there was some way to consistently pull the spike off on jiggs it would be pretty nifty.
This works at almost any percent , even up to like 100 or above, so long as they DI inwards. Yeah, I know puffs probably wouldnt DI inwards but if they get scared and mess up their DI, it combos into nipple spike at like 100. I tried it but didn't record it unfortunately.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Upsmash to nipple spike, I've done it many times before. It's the best way to get a low percent nipple spike gimp imo cause the upsmash sends them pretty high even at lower percents. So just upsmash by the ledge and immediately jump dair

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Falcons need to work on consistently pulling off dthrow nipple spike against Peach near the ledge. I swear that **** is almost guaranteed if you're consistent at the nipple spike spacing.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, so when you say SDI to tech **** more often, do you mean like...holding the control stick obviously into the stage, and then uh...well what would you be doing with the C-stick in the meantime? I don't think I've ever gotten a clearcut answer on this whenever I've asked, so I just always hold the control stick and that's it xD

0Room

Smash Lord
Ok, so when you say SDI to tech **** more often, do you mean like...holding the control stick obviously into the stage, and then uh...well what would you be doing with the C-stick in the meantime? I don't think I've ever gotten a clearcut answer on this whenever I've asked, so I just always hold the control stick and that's it xD
SDI is when you slam the control stick [not c stick] in between the time when you're hit and the knockback is applied.

D

Deleted member

for both sticks hold towards the edge and you will tech almost everything unless u are suking

==

Lord as solid as he is has 0 business being in grand finals, even rank 5-7 socal can probably easily **** whats left of norcal now except maybe shroomed.

No silentspectre, no lucien, no pewpewu, scar is sandbagging

pitiful region lol

D

Deleted member

fried chicken *****

but..

bad chicken > bad steak

good chicken < good steak

D

Deleted member

wait

what happened to SS, lucien, and pewpewu
dunno, they kinda randomly disappeared

SS is SS

Lucien had a lot of promise, people disagreed on whether he was actually good or nobody knows how to fight Shieks (this is 100% true) but I truly believe he has the potential to become a Melee Great. I think School happened which is why he stopped

Pewpewu was going to become the next Mango and then got pwnd and disappeared

Top Bottom