• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Falco's D-Air is his best movie. (Besides the range) :p it's a freaking spike. I hate getting hit off stage with it :( I can never do anyhting as Falcon to avoid it. His Air-Dodge isn't good enough

and his recovery.... let's not talk about it

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Falco's D-Air is his best movie. (Besides the range) :p it's a freaking spike. I hate getting hit off stage with it :( I can never do anyhting as Falcon to avoid it. His Air-Dodge isn't good enough

and his recovery.... let's not talk about it
in my opinion your best option is to recover from below against falco
especially if you hug the wall there isnt much you can do, if he is at higher percents a wall tech => up b will knock hm far away enough for you to safely recover.

Max?

Smash Champion
I think it's actually a 4-way super OP tie between bair, dair, laser and shine. Falco's moveset is stupid strong.

Also, all you damn kids need to git awf mah lawn! I hate people who talk about being 16 and ****, makes me feel hella old.
You forgot about utilt, but yeah, those other moves are all PRETTY GOOD.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Hmm thanks for the tip I'll need to try that. I don't try to use walls nearly enough as I should be >.<
some might disagree with me on that, personally i like teching -> wall jump or just tech => up b, reason is because if you go high your definitely going to just get side smashed or back aired by falco, at least if you come from below you have a pretty good chance of teching and up b-ing him

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm personally not a fan of the bar scene or strip clubs, but you can't go wrong with a beer, a pack of cigarettes, and some real ******s in your face.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, bar scene is so dependent on the bars. If you have a good bar(s) and a set of people who you like to hang out with while drinking, it's pretty ****. But it's real easy to have sucky bar experiences.

strip clubs suck IMO.

but yea, being old ***** in some ways, I just wish I could stay 23 for like, 4 or 5 years and just have a good time without having to worry about just waking up some day and finding myself at 30.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Well I AM 23 and I feel like an old man. I've been calling high schoolers kids for years. I ****ing hate how stupid 18 year olds are and I don't think you have any goddamn clue what you're talking about unless you're over 21. Jesus I'll be 24 in 5 month brb gonna hang myself

p.s. Falco's bair is his best move period, CERTAINLY against Falcon. He can't shine you unless he hits you first and you can frame perfect grab him out of his dair (before? or after the first shine). I dunno, I just grab and usually it works. But he can spam spaced bairs on Falcon's shield and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it

Walt

Smash Ace
I'm not sure which of Falco's dair or bair is better, but they are both definitely unfair and sometimes melee could get patched so I can say nerf plz.

Powershielding *****, the other day I PS'd a falco laser to nair out of shield. Everyone who saw it was 100% positive that it was a 3-hit combo. It was mad fast and awesome, knee'd the Falco's missed tech off nair too. Just learn to PS those lasers that are going to get you dead or take 70% if you BLOCK them. **** being in shield against falco.

I'm 22, old as hell. And I have the same fear of just waking up one day and being 30. Ugh I gotta actually take more than 1-3 classes a semester so I can do something other than leech off my mom and play melee. edit: It's funny you say that Kage I've been thinking about switching back to Ganon.

Walt

Smash Ace
Double jump bairs are pretty **** against Falco I think.

Actually, he can just u-tilt you, so I take that back.
The Falco's I lose to will do one of these 3

1: Just run away at the that point and reset until they have positional advantage
2: Jump dair as soon as they see the DJ if at low enough percent they don't care if it trades
3: Run under it

I can deal well enough with 2 and 3 but god the power for Falco to turn around is some BS.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well I AM 23 and I feel like an old man. I've been calling high schoolers kids for years. I ****ing hate how stupid 18 year olds are and I don't think you have any goddamn clue what you're talking about unless you're over 21. Jesus I'll be 24 in 5 month brb gonna hang myself
So many sweeping generalizations there. I was smart as **** at 18, gtfo, :laugh:. But yea, getting old sucks... 24 didn't bother me, but 25 kinda freaked me out for no real reason.

p.s. Falco's bair is his best move period, CERTAINLY against Falcon. He can't shine you unless he hits you first and you can frame perfect grab him out of his dair (before? or after the first shine). I dunno, I just grab and usually it works. But he can spam spaced bairs on Falcon's shield and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it
ok, sure, bair #1 vs. Falcon. I'm just saying Falco has a lot of really stupid good moves.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I am sad now.
Don't take it personally, you'll see what I mean when you're a few years older

^^^^^ word
and thumbs i didnt you were 23 you old as *****
haha yup you YOUNG as ****!

It's time to go Ganon when you are over 21.
hahahaha

So many sweeping generalizations there. I was smart as **** at 18, gtfo, :laugh:. But yea, getting old sucks... 24 didn't bother me, but 25 kinda freaked me out for no real reason.

ok, sure, bair #1 vs. Falcon. I'm just saying Falco has a lot of really stupid good moves.
Ha, I meant maturity wise and how they behave. Plus their general lack of understanding of how the world works. I hate getting caught in a line somewhere with a bunch of 18 year olds in front of me. 99% of what they talk about and how they talk about it makes me cringe beyond belief. I definitely understand you freaking out over 25, I'll be there soon enough and it's halfway to 30 from 20. **** is scary thinking you'll be 30 in 5 years

Yeah, Falco's entire moveset is just stupid good. Uptilt is another move that ***** Falcon. It's getting harder and harder to get in on Falco for me I think. I still enjoy the matchup, but it's rather annoying to be camped and spammed all day.

Windrose

Smash Lord
some might disagree with me on that, personally i like teching -> wall jump or just tech => up b, reason is because if you go high your definitely going to just get side smashed or back aired by falco, at least if you come from below you have a pretty good chance of teching and up b-ing him
in my opinion your best option is to recover from below against falco
especially if you hug the wall there isnt much you can do, if he is at higher percents a wall tech => up b will knock hm far away enough for you to safely recover.
^Unless of course......falco grabs the ledge when he sees you're below the stage....and then you eat a shine bair or shine dair in the face....

shield the laser and wavedash oos towards them it's mad good.
OKay, I tried doing that against a falco and it didn't work. My shield drained pretty fast and falco also approaches me too when he's lasering so when i wd oos towards him he's like right infront of me pressuring my shield and snatching your children up...

can you like post a video of you or some pro falcon doing this and show me how this is supposed to work/applied?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He can't shine you unless he hits you first and you can frame perfect grab him out of his dair (before? or after the first shine). I dunno, I just grab and usually it works. But he can spam spaced bairs on Falcon's shield and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it
if he does a delayed dair after the first shine, you can grab him before. if he does a quick dair after the shine, you can grab him after. you can't react in time to choose based on what he does, so it's not really a 100% "I am going to grab him" situation.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Or we will just poke you with a retreating nair out of shine. Grab that and you will lose a stock :troll:
Both can combo each other really good so it's a fun match-up to watch and play imo

D

Deleted member

you ideally want to close the space and shield right when the laser is gunna hit, not shield early and drain your shield

if he does laser approaches don't wavedash towards him or u will probaby eat a shine and get pooped on

wavedash the other way maybe lol

==

in terms of recovery, it's pretty much 50/50 unless the falco is god awful

double jump grabbing the edge is really good until falcos do run off double jump d-air to cover the edge option, if they do this you gotta pull back a little to not get spiked. Reaction/prediction helps

if they grab edge and cover your double jump sweetspot i'd airdodge up-towards the stage after double jumping towards the edge, probably gunna get hit, probably living though. Not sure because i'm not some frame data *** face but if they try to shine you when your double jump would sweetspot the edge it would miss

going high when possible is almost always the best option because you can do falcon tricks, which is the pullback when up-b ing and edge cancelling plats or simply falling through plats

==
falco's uptilt you can punish if they use it retardedly. It's safe if it hits your shield though and you really have no way of punishing it once it hits you other than getting away. i love spacing d-airs on up-tilts so that it looks like you are supposed to get hit but you barely dodge up-tilt by 1 pixel. Great on bad falcos who snap up-tilt after a tech/ roll/etc

short-hop b-air is stupid as hell

d-air is ghey but not as ghey as it could be because full-hop d-air is tradable with up-air. A trick I use is to trade and tech in place right away and follow up. Trading is GREAT vs falco because 12%~ of falco = 30% of falcon (IMO)

d-air unspaced/ not fast-falled and/or not late = shield grab. I find that more and more people are going back towards shield grabbing when it will most likely work and its something you should try to learn in your gameplay. Shield grabbing is no longer n00b (unless u miss horribly)

Laser is extremely homoe but it's really up to the falco that you play.Some camp excessively and play ultra defensive, others rush down. If you look at an old crappy match of me vs zhu at dgdtj2, I got pissed off enough that I literally stand still and take 8 shots to the face

overall, falco is a ghey peice of krap. Every move he has *****. A tiny falcon misstep is all it takes to eat a combo while falco's can minimize damage moreso than falcon by simply crouch cancelling/ mixing-up techs. It's a good thing that most falcos still suck weiners but its disheartening when you still have close matches vs. mediocre falcos.

falcon vs falco is my favorite matchup though, really rewarding and ****ing up noobs is very fun still

To win you gotta be (significantly) better or really lucky

==
mango says that falco is easier than fox when you minimize spacing errors and don't get 0 to almost dead comboed, tough to say though for the rest of the world

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think the rest of the mediocre world sucks vs Falco because dealing with lasers is hard at the lower levels <_<;;

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
windrose when i say wd oos towards them i forgot to say that do it when they're camping lol yea if they approach laser dont do it like s2j said you'll get *****

idk maybe you guys dont like it but it works for me so w/e

Max?

Smash Champion
Not to side track this thread further, but Wes you're right, I've def had great bar nights, but on the whole most of them are too expensive and just not worth my time.

I'm really looking forward to 30. I can't wait to see where my life goes in the next few years.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
I know lasers **** and all, but whenever I play falco it usually goes like this:

He will laser me in place from across the stage while I slowly make my way towards him mostly just buy shielding the lasers/jumping over him.

when I get close enough, he will laser laser shffl a nair into my shield => a ton of shine/aerial pressure

or he will dash attack past my shield.

In both cases, he is now kind of sort of close to me. If he's IN my shield, I will try to dash/roll away to prevent getting 80% of combos in my face. If he's behind me, his next step would be to like run away and laser some more, I see that as an opening to nair him as he tries to retreat to laser more. That's basically how my vs falco games go. It's all about getting close enough to make him want to attack (be aggressive on you), then punishing him with nairs to ****

Divinokage

Smash Legend
JPOBS, it's 18 here in Montreal.. don't put the whole Canada with your ****ty 19 year old rule! =)

Edit: I think he'll think twice about dash attack if you shield his attack facing away from him.. you can shield grab dash attack that way. Or even like powershield knee im sure that works lol.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Edit: I think he'll think twice about dash attack if you shield his attack facing away from him.. you can shield grab dash attack that way. Or even like powershield knee im sure that works lol.
looool i never thought of that rofl
****** strats ftw

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Grab from behind *****

Wes the dair timing is trickier, you'll notice a lot of Falcons still miss it sometimes. The grab's like guaranteed
the grab is guaranteed if the Falco spaces his dash attack to end in front of you, which is really super duper ******** (as opposed to dash attacking such that he ends behind you, which is just incredibly ********). and dair is guaranteed too, it might have a smaller frame window for when it works, but that doesn't mean that it's not guaranteed if you do it properly.

Top Bottom