• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah I did
What a mistake spraypainting the whole thing was
I should've just done the insignia and left it at that T_T
Why was it a mistake? It looks just like SS's controller. Do you have any of that stuff left lol I want mine that color as well. Once I buy a new one that is

Nando, yeah fsmash ***** peach. At a MD/VA tourny in late 09 I rocked DoH cause I fsmashed everytime he came near me floating and I am notoriously bad vs peach

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
What is shield DI?

Random question
what's the most amount of peeps you've seen in one character specific board? I think I saw like 17 on the Falcon boards a while back

I forgot

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Shield DI is when you DI... with your shield. It's like if you get hit with a multihit move you can tilt the shield and move towards the other dude. I'm pretty sure thats what it is. If I'm worng of you gotta better explaination go ahead.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why was it a mistake? It looks just like SS's controller. Do you have any of that stuff left lol I want mine that color as well. Once I buy a new one that is

Nando, yeah fsmash ***** peach. At a MD/VA tourny in late 09 I rocked DoH cause I fsmashed everytime he came near me floating and I am notoriously bad vs peach
I think it's because I play so much on it that the paint has kinda melted off and makes your hands smell funny
-_-
Probably didn't use enough clear coat
But it's pretty gross now
At least no one will ever ask to borrow my controller / have any incentive to steal it :bee:

Scar

#HarveyDent
vs peach

i've concluded that her f-air is a death zone

but is there anything i can do after i block it

seems like i can't (before she jabs/d-smash)

but not sure
i suck vs peach i could never wrap my mind around the matchup

i was better vs here when i just ran around like a ****** than i was when i tried to think

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
vs peach

i've concluded that her f-air is a death zone

but is there anything i can do after i block it

seems like i can't (before she jabs/d-smash)

but not sure
8 frames of shieldstun, 4 frames landing lag, +4 frame advantage. you can't really do anything in response, Dsmash comes out frame 5 and jab comes out frame 2. :/

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
If you let her fair your shield then you've already "lost" and you gotta respect that (same with good ganons). A janky way out is shield grab to let her jab you, then mash double jump out of the jab.

Be careful of cornering yourself with dd camp against peach...the window of her wind-up is small, but it is there for you to hit her first. Insta-uairs ruin any kind of offensive float-fair. omg its s2j Preaching to choirrrrrrr

Who's peach is giving you trouble?

0Room

Smash Lord
i suck vs peach i could never wrap my mind around the matchup

i was better vs here when i just ran around like a ****** than i was when i tried to think
Lol Scar, it's actually really really easy conceptually.

Since Peach has a guaranteed throw->knee [70-120%ish] it's literally DD and coax percent out of her until she gets to that, then position yourself to where a throw->knee would kill. Obviously you don't wanna dthrow->knee on the left side of 64 looking right.

uthrow->knee works around 40% if they don't DI

I mean it's really easy stuff
Nair trades will every one of her aerials except well spaced fair. [I believe, I need to test it]
So just DD nair/grab camp. Bair wall is super good too.

Don't forget wheel of fortune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgI5BEbjNk

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I feel like dthrow knee only consistently hits around 90ish+ %, anything lower and i get naired out of the knee.

For the longest time I had trouble with peach but I think I've finally got the hang of the match up (relatively speaking, we're a lot worse in australia than you guys lol).

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Peach and Samus have always been my worst matchups. I can never combo them :/I got better at the Doc matchup though
and everybody else is free
lol not really but I do fine against spacies

D

Deleted member

If you let her fair your shield then you've already "lost" and you gotta respect that (same with good ganons). A janky way out is shield grab to let her jab you, then mash double jump out of the jab.

Be careful of cornering yourself with dd camp against peach...the window of her wind-up is small, but it is there for you to hit her first. Insta-uairs ruin any kind of offensive float-fair. omg its s2j Preaching to choirrrrrrr

Who's peach is giving you trouble?
every peach that is good.. and there's no good peaches where i live to learn from

severe lack of good peach practice makes it one of my worst matchups overall

so my mistake i learned is that i try to punish f-airs on shield

and basically you can't

lol

==

also correct me if im wrong but falcon's nair isn't as broken as it is in other matchups, seems like peach can stuff it out easily with her own ghey high priority aerials

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think it's because I play so much on it that the paint has kinda melted off and makes your hands smell funny
-_-
Probably didn't use enough clear coat
But it's pretty gross now
At least no one will ever ask to borrow my controller / have any incentive to steal it :bee:
Right, but do you have any of that stuff left, I'd like to use some lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I have a lot of blue leftover
Dunno about primer or clearcoat
Might have a dark green that I didn't use
Dunno about gold
My silver paint can just kinda exploded haha

0Room

Smash Lord
Because it's a very even match up.
It's inevitable when one character doesn't pull far away from another.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think about Falcon's tilts.
I noticed I never use them -_- not sure if this is terrible. I know his tilts aren't the greatest
but against characters that aren't space animals I don't see much use for them

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
they're quite situational, but they have their uses

diagonal down ftilt useful for edgeguarding certain recoveries
dtilt i rarely use. can't comment.
utilt edgeguarding spacies is a really safe option. SS used to do it pretty often.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
is ftilt can surprise ppl. i like to sometimes space a nair and then throw out the tilt if their like dash dancing in front of me.

if it hits they often miss the tech which is a free knee. and if it hits and they do tech, your falcon :D tech chase.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
nair'ing over them to ftilt is pretty good

i use dtilt vs marth now like when he fairs just crouch dtilt for a knee if they have enough %

or when the marth is camping the ledge and you're at low % just stand there and crouch

anything they do can get dtilted to ****

Walt

Smash Ace
Dtilt is extremely situational. you can use it to CC annoy sheik if they don't want to grab for some reason, it can go under marth sh fair/nair, it can combo fastfallers at mid percents into another dtilt/knee/grab sometimes. Is surprisingly not a terrible edgegaurd vs. falcon, it'll pop him up and you can hit with it like 2 or 3 times occationally.

Fitlt is best used as just a rare move because people rarely expect it, down-angled edgegaurds illusion and firefox to grabbing the edge pretty well. Up-angled and regular ftilt are good mix-ups at strange times like out of uthrow at 60ish on fastfallers just because people will always click L/R right as they get hit by it then like, never tech it. I'm not sure if it's that people can't tech it because of the 60(?) frame tech timer or if people are just like "wut ftilt" and hit the ground and get knee'd. I think up-angled goes through some of the lower platforms as well. And down-angled doesn't auto-crouch cancel like ganons does.

Utilt is also just another edgegaurd tool, I'll seen it in combos but it's really really rare.

Peach is hard, FC is some BS. All I do now is grab and lightshield dsmash into stomp/knee OoS. Nair is good if you hit them while they're floating but I don't think that should ever actually happen?

My work hasn't blocked smashboards or youtube. fools.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace

Divinokage

Smash Legend
nair'ing over them to ftilt is pretty good

i use dtilt vs marth now like when he fairs just crouch dtilt for a knee if they have enough %

or when the marth is camping the ledge and you're at low % just stand there and crouch

anything they do can get dtilted to ****
Haha you are doing Ganon strats with Falcon? Well it def works. =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The Falcon warrior could be pretty damn good in the warrior ranks. =P Officially, there are Gimpyfish, Eggz and Cactuar that I officially deemed warriors.

Walt

Smash Ace
Haha, I think warrior is a good goal to aim for. Are there any goofy lower ranks like Squire or Cabin Boy?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Haha, I think warrior is a good goal to aim for. Are there any goofy lower ranks like Squire or Cabin Boy?
Haha that would be funny, but no I didn't really go that far for my own personal ranks. To me it would be either you are a warrior or you are not!

Walt

Smash Ace
Kage you're going to Genesis right? I hella want to do Falcon v Ganon and Ganon ditto you. My Ganon is secretly super ballar.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I got beaten to a pulp by Kage this weekend, lols...(in teams and singles pool >_>)

I kinda wish I had some chance to play friendlies =( I wasn't ready at all in pools T_T... (johnny McJohns, served with a side of Mcfrenchfry Johns)

Top Bottom