• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OUGA: Columbus Chapter Presents Shi-Kakuto-Geemu May 7th RESULTS!!!!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Everywhere I go, I still have time to meditate. People think meditating is sitting there, nobody bothering you, but you can even talk and still meditate.
- Jet Li

BLAZBLUE: CS:
1. Sai ($20.00)
2. Ryujin ($5.00)
(Currently am missing the pools, so these remaining results are not completely accurate)
3: TheKiest
4: IzunaDrop
5: Blue Rogue

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3:
BRACKET: http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/12/85/37/24/mvc310.gif
1: OMGERSTISTOMI ($45.00)
2: Sketch ($22.50)
3: Sai ($7.50)
4: POPS ($5.00)
5: Athrex
5: SneakyTaco
7: IzunaDrop
7: Smash64
9: Omni
9: Ryujin
9: Double Scoops
9: Hor_Ace
13: Y.b.M.
13: Hunky
13: Feiy
13: Blue Rogue

MORTAL KOMBAT:
BRACKET: http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/12/85/37/24/mk10.gif
1: Luminoth ($42.00)
2: MikeyCosmo ($12.00)
3: IzunaDrop ($6.00)
4: Master WGS ($5.00)
5: Auspher
5: Athrex
7: Sorasin
7: Hunky
9: T800
9: Double Scoops
9: DudeFellow
13: McFly
13: Sai

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL SINGLES
BRACKET: http://www.image-share.com/igif-644-160.html
1: Shugo ($105.00)
2: Kel ($52.50)
3: Blue Rogue ($17.50)
4: Infern ($5.00)
5: AlphaZealot
5: Y.b.M.
7: Smash64
7: Argent
9: Clowsui
9: Sorasin
9: SneakyTaco
9: Sai
13: POPS
13: T800
13: MX778
13: Luminoth
17: Moose
17: links24
17: Today
17: KB
17: KassandraNova
17: TheKiest
17: Slim
17: Frame
25: JT5565
25: Auspher
25: Solecalibur
25: Mars16
25: COOP01
25: Lokii
25: Juu
25: Chaz
33: Denzi
33: DrillbitSammy
33: Omni
33: McFly
33: Killa

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL DOUBLES:
BRACKET: http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/12/85/37/24/double11.gif
1: Y.b.M. + Infern ($78.00)
2: Shugo + KB ($39.00)
3: Blue Rogue + Today ($13.00)
4: Kass + Kel ($10.00)
5: AZ + Tako
5: Sai + Sorasin
7: Luminoth + Slim
7: MX + POPS
9: Clowsui + Smash64
9: Mystic + Booker
9: Frame + T800
9: Auspher + Argent
13: Juu + Mars16
13: Drillbit + JT5565

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE:
BRACKET: http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/12/85/37/24/melee10.gif
1: Drephen ($39.00)
2: Big R ($19.50)
3: Darkwing ($6.50)
4: Kel ($5.00)
5: KassandraNova
5: Master WGS
7: Blue Rogue
7: Mystic
9: Juu
9: Rowan
9: SneakyTaco
9: Booker
13: DrillbitSammy
13: Luminoth

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV:
1. DoubleScoops ($28.00)
2. Sketch ($7.00)
(Currently am missing the pools, so these remaining results are not completely accurate)
3: T Chen ($0.00)
3: Drephen ($0.00)
5: T800
5: Hor_Ace
7: Ryujin

BLIND MARVEL:
http://www.ktino.com/ktino/wp-content/uploads/Captain_Marvel_blind.jpg
BRACKET: http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/12/85/37/24/blind11.gif
1: POPS ($8.00)
2: Athrex ($3.00)
3: Sai ($1.10)
4: Auspher ($1.00)
5: Feiy
5: Omni
7: Hunky
7: Ryujin
9: Frame
9: Today
9: McFly
9: Solecalibur

MYSTERY EVENT: TEKKEN BOWL
http://membres.multimania.fr/ps2tips/images/tekkenbowl.jpg
BRACKET: http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/12/85/37/24/myster10.gif
1: Argent ($5.50)
2: Ryujin ($0.25)
3: Kel
3: Frame
5: POPS
5: Blue Rogue
5: Omni
5: Solecalibur
9: KassandraNova
9: Auspher
9: Killa
9: T800
9: DrillbitSammy
9: Jenny
9: Sai
9: Shugo
17: COOP01
17: Juu
17: Hunky
17: McFly
17: Today
17: TheKiest
17: links24

TO SHOUTOUTS
Juuichi/Chonce: Thanks very much for helping with registration and running smash events.

San/IzumaDrop: Thanks for helping with MvC3, SSF4, and MK. And posting results on TestYourMight

Athrex: Sorry about the setup confusion, I will be more organized about it next time.

DJ_2Times: Thanks for helping out with food, tear down, and equipment. Please let Mitch know I really enjoy using that place and intend to many more times in the future.

And thanks to all who made it out.

PLEASE POST SRK RELATED SHOUTOUTS HERE OR IN THEIR RESULT THREAD:
http://shoryuken.com/f6/shi-kakuto-geemu-columbus-ohio-results-272874

I encourage people to get to know the other community especially when we end up playing the same games.

clowsui

Smash Legend
GGs to everyone I played. Y'all better work hard over the summer, because when I come back I'm shooting for that Ohio PR!

I have a replay on the front TV of Falco vs Diddy that I'd like to have. If there's tags, then it should be luu~/red Falco vs. blue Diddy.

KB we didn't save any games from Salty 2 IIRC. MM 1 + Salty 1 we saved (and idk if we saved all of Salty 1 either). Just for recording purposes haha.

MMs:
v. Links24 TL v. Marth 0-2
v. AZ Diddy v. Marth 0-3
v. AZ Diddy v. Falco 0-3 (should've won one but I messed up my gimp -__-)
v. Moose Marth v. Falco 2-0
v. Lokii ZSS v. Falco/Marth 3-0
v. Juu Sheik v. Pit 1-2
v. KB 2-0 1-2 1-2 Peach/MK v. Falco/Marth (If it ain't Illmatic, it's done. KB didn't beat me any games with Falco v. Peach and won one of the two Marth v. Peach games we played)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I got Dead last in Marvel Composer... I'm sorry, I wasn't feeling it for some reason. I'll step it up next time though...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Sigh...
Shout outs later.

I had to leave and I didn't get to play golden axe with keist! D: (playing golden axe would've made me so happy even tho my performance was poo poo at this tourny)

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Starkiller KB said:
Fun event since it had a bunch of games and I enjoy hanging around the community.

But...*sigh* I just can't seem to do it right with Peach. One minute in a match, I'm ****** the opponent. The next, I either choke hard, try to get too much out of a good read, or just get outplayed for random brief periods. It's also pissing me off that no matter how much I study and play the MK matchup, I still lose to them at every single tournament. I've gotten close to beating certain players in a bracket setting/MM multiple times now, and so on...but these characters...these ****ing characters have such strong gimmicks going for them that it becomes disheartening when certain (what would otherwise be considered bad or terrible habits) gets covered by the character's attributes such as "oh hey...I'm Diddy and unless you're MK or maybe Marth on occasion, I can forward glidetoss...yes FORWARD glidetoss INTO your shield, and if I get grabbed the banana falls and breaks me out of it, if you jump I forward air, if you roll back I'll just keep chasing you with said banana and laugh as you try to keep up your defense".

You all probably have no idea just how much thought and effort I put into every single match and the amount of mental energy it takes to use this character for long periods of time, it's VERY easy to fall into a habitual style of play and I do my best to avoid that while still reading my opponent as hard as possible, and then no matter how "on point" I am, I still lose to the top of the top around here because all they have to do is shield...and wait...and shield some more...and wait some more...and u-tilt/press B if they're Snake, or do the whole banana thing with Diddy and laugh as their huge whiffs or other mistakes are covered by second chance banana slips, or just stand underneath the battlefield platform wit MK while I'm pinned on the ledge and swing f-smashes all day and laugh at how I can do so little about it as Peach. I'm starting to feel like my effort with this character is getting me nowhere. I apparently don't have the consistent quick reaction time that Illmatic does, or the patience and smart use of her float like Nicole does, or as solid of an out of shield game as Silly Kyle does, and I sure as hell don't mix it up anywhere near how the European Peaches do. I'm too slow, I'm too streaky, I lose to people with random skill levels every event...it's always a tossup nowadays, and I'm starting to believe that my peak has already come and gone with her. I can't seem to grasp what I had been doing right back in late 2009 - early 2010...and frankly I'm done trying.

This is the absolute worst I've ever placed in an event of this size throughout my entire time as a smasher (both Melee and Brawl). People just say "meh just shake it off", but you don't understand. As a competitior, and a very serious one at that...some of you have seen me when I get mad/put my game face on, this result hurts me. It's basically a slap in the face and a message that I have not made any progress at all. I don't have the patience or understanding of this game that it takes to beat the people I've never beaten. I'm done running her against everything now.

I'm going to be training/playing my Meta Knight from now on. Shugo/Chi/anyone, if you could help me I'd appreciate it. It's time I put the potential I've been told in the past that I have as a player to better use with a much, much better tool.

/end sentimentality
yeah you overreach a lot w peach. like, way too much lol. also your pressure isn't dynamic, it's very static. you have 3-4 setups that you vary slowly based on your opponent's habits - you rely on me messing up more than anything, which is bad considering your character needs to make more reads. i'll admit peach to some degree is limited but you're not flexing her very well. glad to see your switch to MK

if you gimme vids to analyze for any of your char over the summer i'll do it. wanna see you stay PR

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
We do DippN. :(

just listing MM results right now:
vs KB (MK) 0-3 L. (Pit/Sheik/ZSS) $3
vs Clowsui (Sheik) 2-1 W. (Pit) $2 KB, I believe this match got saved. At least Game 1 and 3. I think 2 got saved as well though. Could you upload it? I think I saved game 1 vs your MK with Pit as well, if you can upload it I would really appreciate it.

My Sheik was playing like *** this weekend. Back to the drawing board.

shoutouts coming

clowsui

Smash Legend
I didn't play you w/ MK lol...I would've bodied if I did :bee:

Nah Games 1-3 were all saved. I think I did okay for not playing Sheik in like 8 months xD

Count

Smash Champion
Gj chi! And Shugo coming back finally :) And kel beating wario! Looked like a really fun tourney..grats to the placers

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Fun tourney! Glad I was able to use it as a learning experience! It was so hard not using GnW all day when times got confusing, but I am very pleased with my new main!

I will edit this post and add some pictures, too!! And shoutouts later!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Good **** to Shugo, AZ, Infern and Y.b.M.

Good **** Chi taking top 9! So proud of you!

Sole/KB what happened? :(
Went mostly DDD and played to have fun since I knew I wasnt in the money

Shoutouts to today 4 our 8 minute matches , they were quite enjoyable (Im not being sarcastic)

edit - Kiester if you have time could you upload the last match saved on your wii, its a falco CPU CGings me

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Holy crap, I placed way higher in Melee than I thought I did! Assumed I was gonna be a lot lower, especially considering how off I was feeling most of the day.

Good times gang. Let's do this some more, and let's definitely do them at this venue. That place was awesome.

SHOUTOUTS

Drillbit: Sorry I took forever to play our first match. I yelled for you when the match was first called, but when no one responded, I figured you'd swing by any second. Little did I know, YOU were waiting for ME.

DarkDippnWingDots: One of these days, man. ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL DEFEAT YOU.

Marth who ***** me in the 2nd round who hadn't been in the scene for a few years: Didn't catch your name, sorry. :( Holy hell, dude. You shook that rust off pretty fast.

Anuj: Wish we coulda played again for old times' sake. :( Good seeing you again!

Booker: Your Link is pretty tricky. Keep it up.

T800: When PSN comes back up, we gotta play some more MK. Your Ermac messed me up pretty hard, and I gotta fix that!

Smoke who came in second place: Good stuff, man. I was rootin' for ya, since it'd feel good knowing I got knocked out by the guy who ended up getting first. :)

MK winner: I need to see what your Kung Lao does differently from my Kung Lao, clearly. Nice work, and congratz!

Drephen: Let someone else win for a change, you douche.

Kiest: You are my hero for hosting these things. You keep this scene alive around here, I think.

POPS_44

Smash Apprentice
I really wanted to beat the SRK community in MvC3!!!
Great Tourney Keist as always! I'll edit later for shoutouts. I'll play brawl seriously as time go by, but in the meantime more practice for MvC3!

MM's
KB(peach) vs Samus 0-2 (you'll probably be a metaknight by the time we play again so im gonna work on mines too......."This is bad.")

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Uploading some pics to FB right now~

All pics up! Working on putting them in the Midwest FB group

Will do some shoutouts later.

Kel

Smash Master
kel didn't just beat wario...he ***** wario

3 stock 37% on FD according to shugo

thanks a lot tho kev :)
Yeah I have no idea where that came from. It was like I became overswarm or something 0_o
ALSO!

I forgot to mention this at the venue but....

NEXT TIME PLEASE TIP THE WAITRESSES! (Especially if they bring your food downstairs)
I tipped the waitresses 1$ for a 1$ drink and she still wasn't very polite >=(

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Next time I will make sure to bring my 360 controller for SSF4 (given that it will make a return). I'll also make sure I tip the waitresses. I thought about it. Don't have an excuse for why I didn't do it. In any case, one of them messed up my order. :/

I gotta get in on all these MMs that are going on too.

I'll do shout-outs sometime soon.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Shoutout time
1: Shugo ($105.00) Makin Dat Money.

4: Infern ($5.00) I still got you on that $5 MM.

13: POPS You are the first person to just almost make me put down my controller. ****
your Pit POPS.

13: MX778 Yoshi dumb bro.

17: Today Being able to snap your fingers is overated anyway.

17: KB You better whup that *** at Hobo KB. *whip crack*

17: KassandraNova RRRAAAGGGEEEE

17: TheKiest Well run tourny despite people not bringing controllers

17: Frame You made my day. I can still feel the heat on that burn you put on Kass. God Damn

25: JT5565 *no comment*

25: Mars16 I had you, I choked I guess.

25: COOP01 Get better :troll:

25: Juu Why you keep breaking Brawl - bro?

25: Chaz You won your first set before I ever did... :urg:

33: DrillbitSammy Win goddamnit "Win win win no matter what..."

33: McFly LOL fightstick

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yeah the bartender/waitress lady seemed like she was on a super mega ultra period.

I'll do shout outs um...sometime! <_<

Nicole

Smash Champion
Yeah Kb i came to the realization that Peach is a bad character a couple months ago. If you still like playing her more than any other character in the game, there's no reason to switch to MK.

Trust me I understand all the work you've put in to get little reward. You are probably a considerably more well-rounded player than I am with much more matchup knowledge. Your biggest problem is probably that you don't implement advice you're given (ie you're willing to listen, and i dont think you try NOT to implement it, but it just doesn't seem to transfer), and your second biggest problem is probably that you rely too much on 'mindgames', mindgames which are really you just doing weird stuff trying to bait the opponent. Peach is great at baiting but that's not the way to do it. Use your spacing to bait, use your float, use her lack of cooldown lag to bait. I think you throw out moves alot and get punished for it. Also, you really shouldn't compare Peach to the S tier guys. That's like comparing taco bell to a steak - they're both meat, but come on. It doesn't help, either. Acknowledging Peach's weaknesses is one thing, but expecting her to be something she isn't only discourages you further.

honestly I'd hate to see you or any of the other good Peaches quit right now when we are finally getting some halfway decent results. Not that I am contributing to them at all, but it's inspiring if anything.

If you've lost your confidence though, then ignore my ramblings. I can understand why you would, but honestly, it is just ONE tournament. Just keep that in mind. Everyone plays ****ty sometimes. I played terrible at Whobo. I shouldn't have made it out of pools, but someone threw me a bone. When I play now I don't feel so bad. Just take a little time off, maybe. It helps.

Good luck with everything. Peach is a ***** to main :/

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had a great time at this. Lots of good matches, I'll just run through my bracketish
-Today: Great stuff! You've really improved since we last played, and you play the Diddy MU pretty well!
-MX: Almost had me, again. Yoshi is so hard to fight! I have to play so campy and gross (sorry).
-Y.b.M.: You got me this time but I'm coming back and I won't forget to ban Brinstar the next time.
-Sorasin: You've got a great Falco but you gotta get those grabs more. Not enough grab pressure!
-Smash64: It was great to play you again after so long. I'm glad you came out to a tournament again. That Ness is still sexy but that Snake looked rusty. Good stuff on 7th!
-Infern: I knew when I picked Pictochat for game 3 that I'd have trouble seeing those stupid C4's. Oh well. GG's I'll make sure to step it up even more next time.

MM's
Clowsui $5 (3-0 Diddy v Marth): Marth stinks versus Diddy! GG's though you were clearly picking things up as things went on.
Clowsui $5 (3-0 Diddy v Falco): Your Falco definitely has improved. Like I said to Sorasin you gotta look for the grabs more and you need to reflector at better times so that I don't Side-B it and that I also don't feel free to throw banana's at you.
KB $5 (2-1 Diddy v Peach/MK): That match on Rainbow vs your MK was so stupid. I think I SD'd 2 out of 3 stocks, sigh. Oh well, your Peach is still really good but you have some bad habits that make it easy to read. You resort to float -> Dair, or maybe pull turnip -> float -> [insert something]. You need to mix in grabs, I think that is your biggest weakness, you almost never grab especially after the first stock. Grabbing is so key in this game as a fundamental dynamic (I know Diddy is hard to grab but you need to threaten it). When MX beat me game 1 it was all because he grabbed the **** out of me and it took me a game to figure out how to get around it. Just remember that grab beats shielding and has super armor, and most people shield on reaction instead of spot dodge.
Rest of the God Kais (Shugo/Blue Rogue): Good **** we are too good.
Kel: you dodged me this time.

Kiest: Thanks for hosting! I love this venue, to fun having it.

Everyone make sure to come out to OSI Presents: Charity Gaming II on May 21st in Columbus, Oh. It will have Brawl/Melee/Smash64. We will have 16 dedicated setups for both games (32 total), possibly free soda (last event we had the coke grant) and at the first Melee only event had 48 entrants. Post here if you are interested in coming!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Thanks @ AZ. I dunno I don't think I was playing my best that MM and you were pretty stellar so props (Falco v Diddy I mean, Marth v Diddy too to a certain extent. Normally I'm able to pressure Diddy a lot better (ask Shugo, LOL) but I was playing you too much like I played Sai and Shugo (they use way more forward air than you and also use bananas less effectively). I also threw out reflector just randomly without really thinking about it lmao.

Something I kept failing to do was react to your side b. I actually counted about 20 side Bs that I read (AKA roughly 80% of them since you were conservative w/ it) and I also guessed grab or kick correctly on about 16 of them, but I just...didn't punish. I was often in a range where I could just walk away, or nair to interrupt, or just spotdodge + manual option select block but for some reason I kept wanting to trade with laser or reflector.

When we meet in bracket I'll play 100% better I think :p Until then you have three wins over me.

Ryujin

Smash Rookie
Hey there gang, great tourney Kyle - had a lot of bad performances and got frustrated a couple of times, but at the end of the day I was better off for it and can take some lessons home. And I'll take a Tekken Bowl crown as consolation too. Also to everyone else, sorry my 360 copy of MvC3 crapped out Saturday - looking to get that fixed right away. Other shoutouts:

- Thanks to everyone who offered to play Blazblue! CSII's on the way so it's given me new motivation to get better again. And on that note:

- Sai: What can I say, kicking my *** in both MvC3 and Blazblue finals. Good work across the board in all tourneys and in Blazblue covering your mistakes from the round robin and teaching me I have a lot to learn about the Tao matchup. I promise the next time won't be nearly as one-sided.

- Feiy, Sole: Good to see you guys again. We'll get Blazblue going next time around - time for me to level up in the meantime... :)

- Auspher, Kel: Good to see you guys again too at a time when DDR's out of the picture. I guess I know where to find you on Facebook but feel free to stop by Columbus sometime.

I'll also add that for anyone in Columbus that we have a fighting game evening every Wednesday at Zeno's starting at 6 and ending at close (roughly 2 AM). We do ask for a small $2 donation (to help cover the basement spot for the week), but definitely come out and play. It's mostly stuff other than Smash when Kyle's not around but it's a great opportunity to get practice in the other games and meet some good people.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thanks for the tips AZ, grabbing is definitely something I need to remember to keep mixing in beyond first stock. I know Diddy's oos punishes and dodge options are gay amounts of safe but I agree that I need to maintain my patience from first stock throughout a whole match. I appreciate it dude.

@ Nicole- Thanks a bunch for the realism Red, I needed it more than ever. I was so close to going over the edge since it feels like Illmatic and the others are pulling so far ahead and I still can't even manage to put a scratch on my state's top 5. I'll be sticking to Peach and investing the kind of time that is necessary to sharpen back up with her. I guess I'm not quite ready to sell my soul to the tempting bat yet after all.

/from stubborn fellow emotionally invested Peach main

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Shoutout time~

Shugo - Good stuff dude!!!~ You rocked, ofc! And don't deny it! xD I need to play against you moreeee...this summer must be filled with random days of hanging out and playing brawl, okay?!

Kel - 'Grats on 2nd Kel!! GGs in brackets! I need to learn a new character/you are 2gud at that ZSS MU (and just plain good in general o__o). Mostly that 2nd one.

Blue Rogue - Blueeeeeeee! Twas fun hanging out with ya, ofc! And 'grats on 3rd! You are too good at this game, dude.

Infern - You're 0-2, dude. You'll never be Rock Paper Scissors champ at this rate :p

AlphaZealot - Fun uhm...what...half stock match we had? We need to play a complete game sometime xD

Y.b.M. - God Kais!~ Great seeing you!! And yes, I'll finish your picture ASAP.

Argent - HI ARGENT! Didn't see you much....probably because I am a little kid and was squished around in the back of the venue most of the time xD We need to play some friendlies. I need some squirtle practice :<

Clowsui -Chisterrrrrrrr. You are a hipster. I will getcha next time, dude D:<

MX778 - MX! Great seeing ya! Thanks for helping with my prank :'D

links24 - Links, we seriously need to hang out more. And you need to teach me TL/how to beat TL. Pleaseeee

Today - DAYYY!~ Great seeing you! And sadly, I won't be going to Colossal D: I have work >__< But yeah, other than that tidbit of bad news, I had fun chillin with you! Thanks for cheering me on! ^_^

KB - YOU GOT THIS! Great seeing you and nice talking with ya! We def need to hang this summer when our jobs aren't making us dead and stuff. The two swimming based ideas for a NEOH event sound like sooo much fun xD

KassandraNova - Loved the fun photo ops xD Great seeing you!!

TheKiest - Great tourney ofc. Amazing hosting. And GGs in brackets! Thanks for the advice!! I'll getcha next time!!!

Auspher - You are basically a model. We need to hang this summer! And I need to bring my sister/her friend to entertain you at a tourney.

Solecalibur - SOLE. YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. That is all.

Lokii - -pep talk- Okay. Uhm. You did better than usual. Good job Lyss. Keep on truckin'. And take people's advice! Aim for higher placing next time!! Sincerely, yourself.

Juu - JUU! We didn't get to play friendlies this time :( sadface!

Denzi - Don't be so hard on yourself, ya goof! : ) It was an off day since it was a very hectic weekend and you stayed up late and then were dragged to my vball game and then got stuck in a car with a crazy lady for 2 hours who was driving very scarily (Sorry...I have issues with speeding). You'll get em next time : ) STAY POSITIVE!! And we'll just force Shugo to play with us more :p

McFly - GGs dude! Impressed at the fact that you used a fightstick. That was insanely awesome.

Killa - GGs! Great job for your first tourney :D Hope you continue to stay in the scene and attend tournaments!!!

--

Had a great time! Amazing tourney (and good food...yummm)!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah Kb i came to the realization that Peach is a bad character a couple months ago. If you still like playing her more than any other character in the game, there's no reason to switch to MK.

Trust me I understand all the work you've put in to get little reward. You are probably a considerably more well-rounded player than I am with much more matchup knowledge. Your biggest problem is probably that you don't implement advice you're given (ie you're willing to listen, and i dont think you try NOT to implement it, but it just doesn't seem to transfer), and your second biggest problem is probably that you rely too much on 'mindgames', mindgames which are really you just doing weird stuff trying to bait the opponent. Peach is great at baiting but that's not the way to do it. Use your spacing to bait, use your float, use her lack of cooldown lag to bait. I think you throw out moves alot and get punished for it. Also, you really shouldn't compare Peach to the S tier guys. That's like comparing taco bell to a steak - they're both meat, but come on. It doesn't help, either. Acknowledging Peach's weaknesses is one thing, but expecting her to be something she isn't only discourages you further.

honestly I'd hate to see you or any of the other good Peaches quit right now when we are finally getting some halfway decent results. Not that I am contributing to them at all, but it's inspiring if anything.

If you've lost your confidence though, then ignore my ramblings. I can understand why you would, but honestly, it is just ONE tournament. Just keep that in mind. Everyone plays ****ty sometimes. I played terrible at Whobo. I shouldn't have made it out of pools, but someone threw me a bone. When I play now I don't feel so bad. Just take a little time off, maybe. It helps.

Good luck with everything. Peach is a ***** to main :/
Thanks for the tips AZ, grabbing is definitely something I need to remember to keep mixing in beyond first stock. I know Diddy's oos punishes and dodge options are gay amounts of safe but I agree that I need to maintain my patience from first stock throughout a whole match. I appreciate it dude.

@ Nicole- Thanks a bunch for the realism Red, I needed it more than ever. I was so close to going over the edge since it feels like Illmatic and the others are pulling so far ahead and I still can't even manage to put a scratch on my state's top 5. I'll be sticking to Peach and investing the kind of time that is necessary to sharpen back up with her. I guess I'm not quite ready to sell my soul to the tempting bat yet after all.

/from stubborn fellow emotionally invested Peach main

Wow, really good post by Nicole. King Beef, like Nicole said - don't worry about this one tournament. In fact - don't even worry about ANY tournaments from your past. If you feel as though you are better than that - trust me you will prove. Almost every Peach main realizes how much potential you have, you just have to really figure out your playstyle. I did TERRIBLE at Ozzfest 4, but I took a break, re-examined my playstyle as well as my Peach, and did exceptional at House of Mouse 2. In my opinion, you are soo close to breaking a barrier it's just that you need someone else to give you a little push. It seems as though you are a European Peach trapped in America or something, you go for all these mindgames and when they work it's REALLY nice - but when they don't (which is like 80% of the time) it's terrible. Nobody in this nation is going to just waltz into Peach's stuff anymore - you need to figure out how to approach them and still get them to fall for our combos, reads, dsmashes, jabs, grabs, etc.

I've always been rooting for you since day one, and I will tell EVERYONE this. You won't be the best with your character until you master him/her. Look at everybody who is ranked extremely high with their character - they understand him/her to a tee, regardless of the matchup they are up against. I'm not telling you to not use whoever you want here or there, but I am suggesting that you stick primarily with Peach for a significant amount of time if you want drastic improvement. Sure, you can pick other characters for some good fun at times, but if you are still wanting to primarily main Peach (which I know you've been wanting to do this whole time but have just been discouraged), then just MAIN PEACH. Learning the more difficult matchups as the character molds you into a better player overall. You will learn things that you never thought could be possible, trust me.

When you come to HOBO 32 we are going to have a serious talk/revamp. I'm bringing my laptop and we can look over videos of your Peach, my Peach, Nicole's Peach, Kyle's Peach, Kyon's Peach, TurnipTosser324's Peach, WHOEVER - but trust me we will make this work.

As far as Nicole believing that Peach is a bad character, I have to say that I USED to agree. Up until right around House of Mouse 1 and 2 I thought Peach was a terrible character, and I just abused a lot of her gay tricks - trust me she's not bad and she's extremely underrated. It just takes a player that is more effective than flashy to REALLY pull out results and big wins.

Peach is broken.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Looks like the peach mains beat me to encouraging KB....

Switching to MK does not solve your problems. If it did, we would have more MKs in the MW winning events.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm getting stronger in some of the matchups I've been very weak against, and I won matches with three different characters. I think I had a really good day. But, we gotta step our game up, NEOH! C'mon now!

1: Shugo - Grats on winning.
2: Kel - There weren't enough Lucarios at this tournament. :p
3: Blue Rogue - I really am getting better against Wario. But now watch you go back to 2-0'ing me next time.
4: Infern - I got a perfect in Dissidia right after you watched me get destroyed.
5: Y.b.M. - I've faced you a bunch of times in bracket, but Smash and Infern only once each.
7: Smash64 - Good seeing ya.
9: Clowsui - Just messing with ya on the whole results thing. I know I wouldn't have remembered all that. :p Nice placement.
9: Sorasin - Have I met you yet? :/
9: SneakyTaco - I got revenge! Were you surprised when I chose FD against ROB?
13: POPS - Villain of random doom!
13: T800 - I didn't think water gun worked on nado.
13: MX778 - I hate playing against Fox. I don't know how I pulled that off.
17: links24 - I should have told you to watch for that bair. :/ Also, you think Blue will ever get a milkshake?
17: KB - If you really wanna go with MK, then we need to team for Anubis. I don't know what else to tell ya though.
17: KassandraNova - I wanted to say something about your Snivy. Also, I have people telling me all the time that I look like I'm going to break my controller when I play. :p
17: TheKiest - Great tourney. Thanks for giving me a place to crash. No way was I gonna make that drive home that night. (Also, Ryujin won Tekken Bowl. I got 2nd.)
17: Frame - Is this the first time I've seen you since I returned?
25: Auspher - Gotta live longer in doubles, man.
25: Solecalibur - Funny ZSS v Squirtle friendlies. Too good.
25: Lokii - No more epic car rides, huh?
33: Denzi - You're better than this! I'll have to get you fired up again next time.

Ryujin - Epic choke job by me in the mystery event. Four open frames to end it. :/

Kel

Smash Master
I only used peach for like two weeks and I could tell she was bad. It sucks when the character you WANT to play is awful.

Top Bottom