• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
No, there's no hitstun involved with it, it's a footstool out of dsmash. CCing wouldn't help us get out of the dsmash hitstun fast enough.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
hey guys,

i'm trying to get the run to the left, upb while having your butt face the left and also flying to the left into bair, but everytime i try i end up doing upb instantly to the right... do you know what i'm doing wrong?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Until I am able to record my fingers and such, this will have to do, Kaoculus:

Before you even bother with what I have below, you should probably look at 0:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SI34fLn08M&feature=channel_video_title
and make sure that this is what you're talking about.

Here is how I perform the maneuver...

First, we run left.

Now, what I do next might be tricky. You see, I play with tap jump off. And people who keep tap jump on have a much larger window to do this input due to when they hit up on the stick and then up+b, they are inputting a jump tho you won't see it. It just makes the input margin of error on the control stick easier.

Regardless if that made sense or not, this is what I do in order to accommodate not having tap jump on. I set Z to jump, and when I input the up b, I am hitting Z and B at the exact same time. So these two pictures, combine the left and right hand inputs since I had to take the pics myself and use two separate pictures:

&

Now, something key to note here...depending on where you have the analogue stick when you input the up+b determines how ROB reacts.

Notice how my thumb is inserting up on the right side of the stick...
to give you a visual:

You need to do the up+b on the right side so that ROB doesn't bounce the other direction. If you start the up+b on the left and then rotate him to the right after the b input, he will bounce, which is what a lot of people do and get confused with.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask =]
I know I can be pretty vague about describing things, so I won't be offended if I confused you xD

Hope this helps<3

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
woww that must have taken you a lot of time... i tried it today and it worked great, haha.

i always did up b on the left part of the control stick before i did up b on the right part, so that's why it did that...

anyway, thanks a lot!

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
R.O.B.'s B-DACUS; exactly how long does he slide in comparison to the DACUS? I've tested it out but want to know what you guys have to say about that.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Though I've never tried a bdacus with ROB, just knowing the poor amount of distance we obtain from a DACUS (which isn't even much further than a hyphen smash), im going to agree with stingers here and say it probably sucks lol.
but if I get a definite answer, ccst, I'll let you know

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the only thing dacus has over hyphen smash is you have like, a .000001% less chance of tripping
not worth the effort at all

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Also, if you DACUS, you can pick up items from the ground in opposed to a hyphen smash, but thank you guys regardless.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Although I completely disagree and say that Snake is about even.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
snake is frustrating

ppl should comment on my set with xzax i posted in the vid critique

waiting for my set with seagull and pelca to get uploaded

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I haaaaaaaaate playing against Snake. You crazy Eric.

Peach/Diddy is probably gonna be my combination now. I'm still gonna use ROB and maybe IC's on the side, though.

I'll watch the set Chibo, not sure if I'll be able to help you with anything, but I'll take a look anyway.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I watched the first game so far. The only thing I noticed was you seem to like approaching forward with bair, and every time except once, he hit you with lasers when you tried that, not sure if that works against other characters (because I don't do it) but it doesn't seem like it works on Falco. It seemed a lot more effective when you were running up and down smashing him after powershielding the laser. Your playstyle has changed a lot, though. You actually approach now. I like it. :D

Also lol at Robo Copter being effective against phantasm.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
did u beat seagull? last time I played him was a mm and I lost 2-1 =[
Yup

Beat Thunderstorm
Lost to Pelca
Beat Someone (name escapes me)
Beat Ikon
Beat Seagull
Beat DeltaCod
Lost to Lie

Lie was last hit game 3 :/

I watched the first game so far. The only thing I noticed was you seem to like approaching forward with bair, and every time except once, he hit you with lasers when you tried that, not sure if that works against other characters (because I don't do it) but it doesn't seem like it works on Falco. It seemed a lot more effective when you were running up and down smashing him after powershielding the laser. Your playstyle has changed a lot, though. You actually approach now. I like it. :D

Also lol at Robo Copter being effective against phantasm.
I tried to mainly use bair when I expected a over B, but it's so obvious to see coming lol

Copter is the best

Top Bottom