• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

Takes a null tell as a scum tell. Also states he has done a full read yet only gives reads without explaining it. States he didn't like the axel wagon but THAT WAS NOT THE WHOLE THREAD.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's weak to me since his posts have been limited in content. I don't care for his derp derp lynch Axel.

His other posts are nothing to me for content.

Don't care, I read your earlier posts there was nothing useful. Then I read your recent ones and saw nothing worth of value.

Justify this.
It seems he was v/la. But then you say you don't care? Shouldn't you?

Already did.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't care, I read your earlier posts there was nothing useful. Then I read your recent ones and saw nothing worth of value.
Unvote Vote Axel

Lol, Ruy calling my posts useless.

If you don't like the content I'm producing, then you should ask me for further content.

Ahur.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

Takes a null tell as a scum tell. Also states he has done a full read yet only gives reads without explaining it. States he didn't like the axel wagon but THAT WAS NOT THE WHOLE THREAD.
It's not a null tell, it's a scum tell.

I'm well aware it isn't the whole thread I am commenting on what he is doing with these moments because this is the biggest load of BS that happened in this thread and he is not dropping it.

His reads are garbage, he is giving small and limited content.

And BS on that being all I said I commented on Soups fishing and Choice's instant flip.

It seems he was v/la. But then you say you don't care? Shouldn't you?

Already did.
Before V/LA he did jack.

I don't care if he was V/LA I'm talking about what he did post before then and after that point.

That is what I cared about, not that he was V/LA.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unvote Vote Axel

Lol, Ruy calling my posts useless.

If you don't like the content I'm producing, then you should ask me for further content.

Ahur.
LOL you trying to pass off your posts as content.

Tell me this, why should Axel die? Give me a reason outside of Super Hero Mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's not a null tell, it's a scum tell.

I'm well aware it isn't the whole thread I am commenting on what he is doing with these moments because this is the biggest load of BS that happened in this thread and he is not dropping it.

His reads are garbage, he is giving small and limited content.

And BS on that being all I said I commented on Soups fishing and Choice's instant flip.

Before V/LA he did jack.

I don't care if he was V/LA I'm talking about what he did post before then and after that point.

That is what I cared about, not that he was V/LA.
Again, I read that. Soup asked Axel to claim BUT THAT WAS NOT A FULL READ.

Ok, comment more on Choice's flip.

Null tell. He could either push for revenge as scum or town, but you seem to think it is only coming from a scum stand point. He has posted more content than you have. HAVE YOU EVEN SAID THE WORD "GORD"???

Tell me. You have Gheb as town, but he also was for the Axel wagon. Can he be scum?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You told me all I HAD were null reads and my ONLY scum reads were three people. I thought numbers mattered to you. I have town reads but I don't give them out so easily.
sure let's post all my null reads and scum reads and hope to hell scum doesn't simply take who's left and figure out they're my town reads.

My #195 and #196. I think he tries to fake reasons to get on people and then get off. For example he voted Gord, and then said "OH well he answered WELL" and unvoted.
Alright, let's break this down, starting with the just stated reason.

You can't disallow people from finding acceptable answers. This game is not played that way. You should never have static reads and if you find something you like in a person's play or acceptable in their defenses/responses, it is not scummy to remove a vote simply because your read changes.

>Posts a filler reason to bandwagon Axel
that wagon's over with unless you're delusional like ryker. wasn't he taking it as RVS though? If he wasn't, fair point.

I don't even know what you're getting at in the second half of your 196. And you wonder why I think this bandwagon is bad.

I don't know. But he has called me and the other three "Vultures" from the very start. He just doesn't like my playstyle.
what is a vulture.

Now you explain why Choice isn't scum, and just useless.
Useless !=not scum. It doesn't mean he is scum either, just that he's being a useless player putting up a lot of fluff. I found nothing really substantial in those pages of exchange between you, Choice, and Soup and that bothers me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
LOL you trying to pass off your posts as content.

Tell me this, why should Axel die? Give me a reason outside of Super Hero Mafia.
Unvote Vote Axel

Iunno, he's ugly? Or maybe he isn't doing ****? Freaking J baby's in that thing and he's johning about getting together with Zen instead of playing the game. They can definitely die.

Why defend him? What has he done to make you think he's town? Is there any legitimacy to my cry of Axel scum?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
what the hell red ruy

please define strawman and content in your own words and use them in an example. i'm not sure you understand their definition.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
sure let's post all my null reads and scum reads and hope to hell scum doesn't simply take who's left and figure out they're my town reads.

Alright, let's break this down, starting with the just stated reason.

You can't disallow people from finding acceptable answers. This game is not played that way. You should never have static reads and if you find something you like in a person's play or acceptable in their defenses/responses, it is not scummy to remove a vote simply because your read changes.

>Posts a filler reason to bandwagon Axel
that wagon's over with unless you're delusional like ryker. wasn't he taking it as RVS though? If he wasn't, fair point.

I don't even know what you're getting at in the second half of your 196. And you wonder why I think this bandwagon is bad.

what is a vulture.

Useless !=not scum. It doesn't mean he is scum either, just that he's being a useless player putting up a lot of fluff. I found nothing really substantial in those pages of exchange between you, Choice, and Soup and that bothers me.
Who says I posted ALL my null reads?

What? Why would I want my reads to ALWAYS change? I tend to have static reads anyways. Although I want my reads to be RIGHT so I try to keep it that way later on.

This has nothing to do with CHOICE's voting. It's not scummy to remove a vote because of a READ CHANGE, but the way he did it came too EASY.

Explain "OH YOU ANSWERED WELL AS EXPECTED *removes vote*

You don't? It's simple. Axel didn't think nothing of it. Choice's vote on Axel, didn't affect him.

Ask Gheb.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Did a full read, I hate the ******* policy lynch and the fact Ryker, Gheb, and Washed Laundry were fine with Aexl's hammer on the basis of a strawman and literally Gheb saying he thinks they are a detriment to town. There was literally no good basis for the wagon, people were hoping on for what reason I have no clue. Only Gheb gave a reason, I got one for the rest of your guys.

Tell me why you all were on this wagon? What were your reasons of why you were fine with Axel being dead?
bolded

i'm pretty sure gorf's explained that the axel wagon was an inside joke. i understand why people not in the loop are pissed off about it but most of us discussed it prior to the game even starting.

Looks like Ryker is still continuing this stuff, he's an idea, drop the Super Hero mafia vendetta.

Vote: Ryker

Stop derping.
dat white knight?

Town:
Axel
Gheb
Ranmaru
Circus
Washed Laundry

Scum:
Choice
Ryker
Soupamario

Undecided:
AfroGandhi
Evil Eye
Shinarouji
Gordito

~

Choices's responses make me dislike his play since he asks Axel to defend himself them turns a 180 without unvoting.

Ryker is derping with tunnel vision, wanting to lynch someone because of another mafia game.

Soupa is mad fishing people for roles and it's bugging the hell out of me.
oh gog why are you so scummy

Your reads don't make sense, other than your scum reads but I don't exactly read much into you having taken someone else's reads, Soup isn't role-fishing, I can't speak for Ryker, Choice is grimy and useless.

Why are Gheb and I town if you're pissed about the policy quickwagon to start the game?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Again, I read that. Soup asked Axel to claim BUT THAT WAS NOT A FULL READ.

Ok, comment more on Choice's flip.

Null tell. He could either push for revenge as scum or town, but you seem to think it is only coming from a scum stand point. He has posted more content than you have. HAVE YOU EVEN SAID THE WORD "GORD"???

Tell me. You have Gheb as town, but he also was for the Axel wagon. Can he be scum?
I don't like Gord asking town question of what he should be doing to look town. This doesn't tell me jack about his alignment since these question could come up from him as town.

Choices flip flop bugs the hell out of me.

First post, tells Axel to defend himself, the next one, he talks about jumping off because he thinks they should have time to do such...it makes no sense to flip flop like that.

And your calling his posts content, the ones on pages 1-4...are you joking, please tell me you are. His revenge lynch is not helping anyone, I'm waiting for him to justify why Axel should die in the context of this game.

The reason Gheb is town because he listed the reason for why he wants it, he says liability, ok I disagree but at least he lists why. Ryker is salty about another game and it trying to bring into this one without a reason why any of these is relevant to this game.

Unvote Vote Axel

Iunno, he's ugly? Or maybe he isn't doing ****? Freaking J baby's in that thing and he's johning about getting together with Zen instead of playing the game. They can definitely die.

Why defend him? What has he done to make you think he's town? Is there any legitimacy to my cry of Axel scum?
So do you have an ingame reason for why they are scum outside of your dislike of the players?

Otherwise your case is garbage. This is why I am, you have jack **** and are baqing cause you got lynched in Super Hero. Drop it and bring a legit reason why he is scum.

what the hell red ruy

please define strawman and content in your own words and use them in an example. i'm not sure you understand their definition.
Strawmaning is creating a false sense of refuting an argument, or a claim.

He never refuted anything in terms of having a legit claim on Axel for being scum for this game.

Is any of this refuting my claim at him about how he has no reason to be doing this?

Unvote Vote Axel

He's freaking out.
He doesn't answer Axel he just says, He's Freaking out, which in no way refutes his claim and question of why he is trying to go for an Axel lynch.

Afterwards he is continueing with the, "End him" or "repeat after me" garbage.

I want an in game reason why Axel is scum, he has yet to provide anything as to why they deserve a lynch and has been strawmanning responses when questioned about it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
WL, your posting content and have been working on talking with Axel, Gheb defined why he wants the lynch even if I disagree with his premise.

Ryker has yet to provide such other than, "I don't like them" which is complete BS.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ran said:
What? Why would I want my reads to ALWAYS change? I tend to have static reads anyways. Although I want my reads to be RIGHT so I try to keep it that way later on.
That's not what I said. Try again.

Ran said:
Explain "OH YOU ANSWERED WELL AS EXPECTED *removes vote*
He liked Gorf's answers. It's as simple as that, really. Gorf's grimey, I know, I don't understand why he did it but finding acceptable answers.

Ryker, I'm trying to get to you, the idiots take up too much of my energy.

Red Ruy said:

He never refuted anything in terms of having a legit claim on Axel for being scum for this game.
Kind of. I think I get what you're saying and if you're saying that Strawmanning is essentially creating a false idea of what a person's saying and attacking that rather than what the person is saying, you'd be correct.

I still have no ****ing i-

Red Ruy said:
s any of this refuting my claim at him about how he has no reason to be doing this?
He has every reason to be doing this. He finds Axel scum. That's why he finds Axel scum. You attacking his idea and downplaying it as strawman fallacy is not disproving him.

Red Ruy said:
Ryker has yet to provide such other than, "I don't like them" which is complete BS.
Ryker said:
This isn't a reason?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If he really cared at all about scum hunting, He would have looked elsewhere instead of looking at one person. Convenient how he does what he called out Vult on in another game.

He barely went into detail with other posts, he's made it clear he has no intent on dropping his bawing over being lynched in Super Hero and is trying to pass this off as scum hunting or anything legitimate.

He can die.
A) Shut up about ongoing games
B) If you're reading his posts, he's given most of his reads, if not all of his reads at least quite a few times. He is looking at other people, you're just too hyperfocused on his voting.
C) What the **** is this I don't even
D) He's salty about SH mafia? Who's the one flipping a ***** about whom here?
E) I don't see any reason for Ryker to die. Rykerscum is more useful than RRtown because Ryker at least busses his scummates.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ryker said:
WL, get to my town list. You're still null. What's your read on me?
Null leaning scum just slightly. You've posted a lot of stances but there's no action on them. While the bull**** isn't unusual, the lack of action is. I expected a little more from you to be honest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's not what I said. Try again.

He liked Gorf's answers. It's as simple as that, really. Gorf's grimey, I know, I don't understand why he did it but finding acceptable answers.

Ryker, I'm trying to get to you, the idiots take up too much of my energy.

Kind of. I think I get what you're saying and if you're saying that Strawmanning is essentially creating a false idea of what a person's saying and attacking that rather than what the person is saying, you'd be correct.

I still have no ****ing i-

He has every reason to be doing this. He finds Axel scum. That's why he finds Axel scum. You attacking his idea and downplaying it as strawman fallacy is not disproving him.

This isn't a reason?
You said reads should NEVER be static. Please expand on this.

It shouldn't be that simple. Why aren't you worried about it? And yes, Gord is, I don't why Choice would get a read change so QUICKLY.

And I know what vultures are, so no thanks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't like Gord asking town question of what he should be doing to look town. This doesn't tell me jack about his alignment since these question could come up from him as town.

Choices flip flop bugs the hell out of me.

First post, tells Axel to defend himself, the next one, he talks about jumping off because he thinks they should have time to do such...it makes no sense to flip flop like that.

And your calling his posts content, the ones on pages 1-4...are you joking, please tell me you are. His revenge lynch is not helping anyone, I'm waiting for him to justify why Axel should die in the context of this game.

The reason Gheb is town because he listed the reason for why he wants it, he says liability, ok I disagree but at least he lists why. Ryker is salty about another game and it trying to bring into this one without a reason why any of these is relevant to this game.

So do you have an ingame reason for why they are scum outside of your dislike of the players?

Otherwise your case is garbage. This is why I am, you have jack **** and are baqing cause you got lynched in Super Hero. Drop it and bring a legit reason why he is scum.

Is any of this refuting my claim at him about how he has no reason to be doing this?

He doesn't answer Axel he just says, He's Freaking out, which in no way refutes his claim and question of why he is trying to go for an Axel lynch.

Afterwards he is continueing with the, "End him" or "repeat after me" garbage.

I want an in game reason why Axel is scum, he has yet to provide anything as to why they deserve a lynch and has been strawmanning responses when questioned about it.
Course, but aren't you worried about Gord possibly being scum? You never COMMENTED on gord in your first STANCE post, just listed him as undecided. He voted Axel too.

I think Choice is scum too.

What are your thoughts on WL?

The bold, that doesn't make him SCUM for revenge tho.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran stop grillin Soup, he's town. Soup, stop grillin Ran for asking unbelievably moronic questions, he won't stop.

Vote: Choice

I can't believe he was straight chillin at L-4.
Gord can you explain the bolded.

You say one is town, and the other was an idiot in your eyes. What is different between Ran and Soup, I find Ran's play to be a lot stronger as town and the opposite for Soup when I feel more scum from him.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ranmaru, why are you so hard to work with? Honestly, this ****'s not rocket science...

Reads shouldn't be static. Your reads need to constantly be reacting to situations and information. All townies shouldn't have the same reads over the course of the entire game unless nothing happens to make them change their read. For example, someone you have a scumread on claims masons and the buddy proves it. would you continue believing they're scum after their claim?

I am worried about Choice. Just I don't think anyone is wagoning him for the right reasons so that also worries me. I think only Gheb had a logical vote and no one got it cause no one but Soup understood him. His scumreads thus far have been a bandwagon vote on Axel, Gorf, and Gheb because he can't read Gheb. Throw in all the fake content he's been pushing as actual content and that strikes me as mad scummy at worst and useless at best, hence why I'm open to his lynch. But we have time and I want to investigate other people first.

Vulture is, as Gheb actually has said, a bird that attacks others on the verge of death. He's saying you're willing to attack whenever you see an opportunity; that you're opportunistic.

Ran said:
What are your thoughts on WL?
He's already mentioned this in like three posts. Read them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm trying to work with you damn it. D: <

No, of course not. I have experienced the MOST SCUMMIEST people actually being pr's and such, so it is possible. Again, I told you I don't want my reads to change OFTEN. I would expect to have some changes earlier on, and I my self tend to flip flop. Now, you can't have your scum reads change on you ALL the time. Remember we DO want to find scum. And you can't let a fear of "Oh what if he is a pr?" scare you out of voting that person.

Don't you read? Gheb has stated that the reason he was voting Choice were for my #195 and #196.

I know what Gheb said.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I guess? I find it a moot point. Just like I find Axel's nonchalance to his voting him a moot point, it's shifty and hard to justify for or against, Axel was just assuming that the entire thing was a piece of **** gambit that wasn't going to happen.

I kinda read it but not a lot stuck. I'd warrant a reread but it was boring outside of the Gheb posts and, to be honest, could easily be summarized on a single page instead of the three or so pages it took. Y'all need to get to the point better.

So why are you perplexed that he called you a vulture if you know what he said?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
asldfkjakfl Ok why do you find it a moot point and why are you changing the subject there? D: <

I see. It's important to read everything even post restrictions.

I am not perplexed. You read the posts yourself. He doesn't like my playstyle and called me out from his FIRST post. I don't care what he thinks of my playstyle, I'll play the way I do.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, do you mean to tell me, you wouldn't be the least bit entertained with an Axel quicklynch?
Not really. I mean, I guess when crazy stupid things happen in mafia games it can make things exciting, and possibly amusing to outsiders or the mod, but I'm not really interested in putting on a show here. And unlike almost everyone else apparently, I don't really have a problem with Zen or J.

Been waffling on whether or not Choice is scum or new town myself, honestly. Either way though, he'd be totally fine for a D1 lynch.

Would still be okay with an Axel lynch if that's what it comes to. Reaction to Gheb at the beginning of the Day really wasn't great. And his use of the term "this side" in his #69 is awful. Town would just say "town."

Feeling way better about Washed, outside of his needless white knighting of Ryker.

EE's excuse is legit, but he better come hard in his next post. I would really, really like to have a super awesome town buddy EE in this game.

I still like soup. Oh, and Soup's cool too.

Shinarouji

Smash Rookie
People who are saying that I was wagoning against Choice and then using that as a reason to find me suspicious are dumb. Read up your definitions boys and girls, second vote != wagoning

Reading through

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. What are your reads as you progress?
What are your thoughts on Red Ryu? Soup? WL? Circus?

how effective is your WAGONING on choice to you? Did it give you enough info on him? Will you change up if you are satisfied? If so, who would you change to?

What are your thoughts on inactives? IF we were to lynch an inactive, who would YOU choose?

Shinarouji

Smash Rookie
shin just came out of nowhere, he didnt even bother on the semantics.

Because I've seen like five posts with this similar message I'm going to quote my original post

Choice for reasons similarly stated, being worried about Axel being at L-1 but not enough to remove the vote and especially when someone who hadn't posted yet could've swept in and voted for him without a claim is not good.

It was the second vote on him and I gave reasoning for it, glad to clear that up

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ran, you better have a posting restriction that forces you to capitalize a handful of words in every post you make.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, I don't. Too bad. I do that to make words stand out sometimes.

Shinarouji

Smash Rookie
Ok. What are your reads as you progress?
What are your thoughts on Red Ryu? Soup? WL? Circus?

Meh, Bad, Normal, Adorable ((it's the avatar))

how effective is your WAGONING on choice to you? Did it give you enough info on him? Will you change up if you are satisfied? If so, who would you change to?

are you stupid

when you were a child were you dropped on your head did your parents throw you down a flight of stairs are you stupid

What are your thoughts on inactives? IF we were to lynch an inactive, who would YOU choose?

Inactives are a cancer to be erradicated but they're better off eating Vidge kills. If we were to lynch one I'd pick the Afro guy because I don't remember seeing any posts by him past page 2

Choice

Smash Champion
@Ran: Yeh, I see why you confused it, but he was essentially saying "Noob or scum", not both.

poetry, the next great cipher.

this read is such ****, choice. it's entirely omgus, if you can't read gheb, ask someone else. soup and i can both understand what the hell he's saying.
I'll take you up on that if you seriously think so.

It's a vision of mine that I had last night
But a vision takes time to become true
Even though I know I'll end up right
It may not be useful at this point for you

Keep searching for clues young friend!
For when I am gone you'll be the one to fight in the end!

:059:
what's that one say? i havent seen any indications from gheb that he was kidding or anything either.

Shinarouji

Smash Rookie
Neeeever mind re-read a bit and I remember who Afro is. He still hasn't posted in a while but I'm cool with the posts he made so yeah.

Choice

Smash Champion
You told me all I HAD were null reads and my ONLY scum reads were three people. I thought numbers mattered to you. I have town reads but I don't give them out so easily.

My #195 and #196. I think he tries to fake reasons to get on people and then get off. For example he voted Gord, and then said "OH well he answered WELL" and unvoted.

I don't know. But he has called me and the other three "Vultures" from the very start. He just doesn't like my playstyle.

Now you explain why Choice isn't scum, and just useless.
i didn't fake that reason, ive said it like a dozen times. how come you're so ardent about this fact and not addressing anything that i've said with rebuttals? what have i done since then that makes me scummy?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
EE's excuse is legit, but he better come hard in his next post. I would really, really like to have a super awesome town buddy EE in this game.
While I don't intend to let him be coasting all game, yeah, I still haven't gotten up with him about Revenge of Meta Knight, so legit john.

Now then, how do you feel about Gord? How would a Choice flip affect that read in both cases?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
*wakes up after best coma ever*

*skims latest stuff so as to read thread with relevant issues in mind*

*sees RR has started posting*

*reads RR's first post*

*sighs*

*sees that RR has started arguments. Skim arguments*

*sigh harder*

why god why

Top Bottom