• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ninja'd, was to Soup.

With a townJ flip I'd look at Choice with a vengeance. Being wrong would, however, give me pause in pursuing that. Soup would be on the table again as well, I guess, because his read on you has gone all over the place and seemed rather swayed by public opinion.

In all likelihood, though, I'd just do what I always do; take note of all your interactions and freshen up my outlook on the game. Frankly, the issue is more of what your scumflip would do for my perspective, in conjunction with the fact that I consider it more likely than a town flip.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
that's tentatively what i'm getting at, i've seen this numerous times so evidently your responses and consistency on Jscum relieve me so much better, i can see where you are getting at and i'm starting to think if a scum flip on gord would even help anything noting how he is so distant and shallow from everyone.

and actually, i think my read on J has stayed pretty constant for the longest time, i've had him as town since after RVS, but that doesn't mean i can't look at it with a blind eye, so i'm willing to corroborate.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EE, although you are intimidating, I am not afraid to defend myself to you and prove that I am town. I am not liking you soley on just your attack on me but what you continue to do after the attack. Your 921 is a very pleasant thing to see which I get alot of town vibes from.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EE, although you are intimidating, I am not afraid to defend myself to you and prove that I am town. I am not liking you soley on just your attack on me but what you continue to do after the attack. Your 921 is a very pleasant thing to see which I get alot of town vibes from.
What did he do AFTER that struck a chord with you?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, what are your current reads on Gord, Soup, Choice, and Gheb? With detail s'il vous plait.
Gord - Scum

The main reason I feel he is scum is because he is a nonpresence this game and when he does show up he usually just hops on the bandwagon. I also extremely disliked the tone he had when I called him out as scum when he just shrugged it off saying, "Oh you always call me scum, what makes you think you are right this time?" which to me comes off as arrogant and trying to downplay what I have to say. He hasn't done nearly anything beneficial as well.

Soupa - Town

The reason for Soupa being town is because I agree with alot he has to say. Mostly it is derived from us having what seems to be the same wavelengths besides the Gheb read but I am comfortable with what he is doing. He is scum-hunting, being an active part of town, making his opinion known, and has connections to alot of people. I seriously don't have a qualm with Soupa and I find it relaxing.

Choice - Null

See now this is a read I am extremely confused on. Most of the stuff he justs posts is meh to me. Zen at the beginning of the game when we were talking thought Choice was scum but then he flipped to him being n00btown. I was scum with Choice's first game in DGames he played really well as scum and was really convincing everyone that he was town when he was mafia. Now he seems to just be playing meh by misreading alot of things, not necessarily defending himself adequately and hopping on things for weak reasons. I find his play sloppy this game and not that meticulate as to what I saw in Dexter when he was planning his scum game.

Gheb - Scummy

I find Gheb scummy because of actually something Gord pointed out I believe. I believe his posting restriction to be fake and if his posting restriction is to follow the ABAB rhyming scheme then he has messed that up today and has had no punishment for it. This is purely speculation however. The major reasons I am finding Gheb as scum is I get that he is fluffing out his posts a bit too much with the restriction. I also thought the attack he is doing on you is weak and i'll be the first to admit it may be a bit of chainsawwing but not much. And again I bring up the town leader point where he has set himself up to be the person in charge and I never really like that because I get the vibe of "Too good to be true."

Oh, I don't think Gheb/Gord are on the same scum-team however. On either scum-flip, I would feel loads better about the other.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@Soup: That's the big thing for me. I have two pretty strong scumreads, but Gord's connections are so shallow and insignificant. There's pretty much nobody, right now, that I'd even tentatively clear if we got a Scumdito flip. You'd look pretty good, I guess, but not nearly as much so as in the case of J.

Apologies if I'm misremembering your track record. A lot of this game is a swamp of dumb arguments clogging up my brain. I just worry about you positioning yourself on the J issue for maximum credibility, while on the other hand I wonder about the gains from Scumdito confirmation, which you are actually pressing.

Eh. Ultimately this isn't productive, just FUD. What's important right now is to move in a productive direction, and I feel like we're on the verge of finding one.

Really want some quiet people to become useful so I can stop thinking of like a third of the game as vig fodder.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You didn't answer my question, why did you ask me to expand on a question you won't even answer? *sigh* (that last question was rhetorical)

Also I think I worded that weird, I like EE not just based on the attack on me, but because of the stuff he has done and continued to do. EE hasn't really struck a chord with me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ran, why do I get the feeling you aren't following up on any of the questions you are asking?
Expand on that please.
The question is very clear, answer it.
Ran this is what I'm talking about, I asked you a question so you question it. I tell you to answer the question and you stop persuing it. You are ignoring not only answering it, but your question as well.

It seems like you are just asking questions to ask them to seem like you are doing something. In other words, fake.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think that it's a bigger line then what it surfaces to, Gheb has J town, while J has Gheb scum(my), Gheb doesn't specifcally state where or why he is getting the leads to town J, and i think J is just reacting to it badly because of this, Gheb seems more fake while gordo just seems more scummy, J is most likely unsure of Gheb's actions and therefore worried of them, while Gordo is just scummy and not worried.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh my Soupa summed my read up pretty solidly. Especially the Gheb being fake.

I also don't get why Gheb is defending me though then again I can't talk since I defend my town reads as well. But I wish he would extrapolate as to why I am town to him.

#HBC | ѕoup

The above is basically one of my reasons for J town, also.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Soup, what's your read like on Gheb now, then? On my current indepth read you're still touting how much you like him, but these latest posts indicate a great deal of doubt.

#HBC | ѕoup

@EE do you think if means come to the end you would advocate a gordito lynch? while it doesn't give as much information on others as we want it to, it's a good D1 lynch for a scummy slot.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ninja'd.

my read on gheb sort of mirrors J's, i am concerned about what gheb is doing, but he seems to be reflecting a town persona more then a scum persona, while he only comes around to cite a poem and be a bit omnious, i feel he has good intention.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm willing to compromise on it. I just want to finish up my current (re)read, especially since I haven't gone indepth on the area where Dito started taking serious pressure. Then I want to present my cases for both of them. There are things I'm leaving unsaid beyond my overall read for both so my arguments aren't scattershot across several pages.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FoS: Ranmaru

I'm sorry but it's really bugging me. After reviewing some of your posts I just can't get the feeling of you pseudo-scumhunting out of my mind.

@Soupa: I don't get why he is being ominous and foreboding, there is no point to it.

@EE: I'm a patient man and I look forward to rebuttling your case.

#HBC | ѕoup

Gheb has always been that sort of person, i can never get a solid read on him because his scum and town play are both well made-up and solid, so i just have to wait and see more from him.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
To touch on a fresher finger of the game, what is everyone thinking about the Laundry/Ryker connection? I thought Circus raised a valid point re: them, and Laundry noted his refusal to start a case from meta, but then did so when poked sufficiently.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ninja'd by something related to what I was saying, for once.

I'm just getting into the LaundRyker stuff actually, lemme rub my chin for a few minutes before I comment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright. Out of LaundryRyker, I like Laundry as town. Ryker is null but I really don't care much for his slot this game and I could see it die.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright well I am about done this school period so I won't be back until later in the day if that. Wednesdays are very busy days for me so I might have to get back to things around tomorrow morning this time. If anything maybe later tonight.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran this is what I'm talking about, I asked you a question so you question it. I tell you to answer the question and you stop persuing it. You are ignoring not only answering it, but your question as well.

It seems like you are just asking questions to ask them to seem like you are doing something. In other words, fake.
I wanted to know what question you had in mind. Then I asked you another question because you didn't want to answer my question. (Which is annoying)

Ok, I'm going to assume your statement had to do with me questioning Gheb?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ra n.

what is everyone thinking about the Laundry/Ryker connection? I thought Circus raised a valid point re: them, and Laundry noted his refusal to start a case from meta, but then did so when poked sufficiently.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Soup & Ran: How do you feel about J's assertion on Gheb/Gordito's differentiation?
I do not know. :/ I'd think that when one states that one flip will help figure the other's alignment, that they would at least have an idea why.

I'm going to guess J meant that Gord wouldn't point out Gheb's poetry flaws if he was buddies with him.

Gheb never really pushed Gord but I don't really know why J thinks both can't be scum together, I'm grasping at straws here and I'd think it would be better if J himself explained why they couldn't be.

(For example, if someone had ignored someone all day, I'd assume upon their scum flip that the other would be town, but not the other way around, this is why I'm still at a dead end with J and his "I'd feel better with either one when the other has flipped")

Soup, no one asked you. Scum hunt please.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm. Well I took it more of a J/WL connection. It was when J asked WL about Ryker's being heinous or not, was when WL agreed and decided to push Ryker.

I took it as WL being a bit opportunistic. I also see WL as a bit of a middle man when it comes to Soup's outbreaks.

I dunno about his connections to Ryker. I think there are too few of them, because Ryker still hasn't posted as much as we all have.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ninja'd by something related to what I was saying, for once.

I'm just getting into the LaundRyker stuff actually, lemme rub my chin for a few minutes before I comment.
I'd like to hear what you have to say once you get done powdering your nose.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The wording of this bothers me which is where my questions derive from. It may just be me being nitpicky but it seems weird.

Ran, why do I get the feeling you aren't following up on any of the questions you are asking?
Ok, I asked you about WHERE you thought you have seen this. It seems you don't know how to read so I'll have to pin point for you. How generous of a guy I am. ;)

Well I was mostly interested in J and Gheb because you are pushing for J and Gheb is pushing for you, I just threw in the other three because I just want to hear more about them.

Thank you. ;-; I'm trying to ask less questions.

Ah ok.

Can you state how J isn't scum?

What did you expect EEtown to come in and do?

How is your Choice read holding up?

Give me scum picks behind EE.
I ask Gheb mostly about his reads.

There's an important rule that you just forgot
We call it "innocent until proven guilty"
Show me how he's evil - I show you how he's not
But I can't clear him before you show me why he's filthy!

Then convince me of the authenticity
Of the points that you have brought
For you will rather impress me with simplicity
Than impervious walls of thought

If you use ten thousand words for what you can say with only twelve
The benefit is not for all of us but for no one but yourself!

:059:
Gheb selectively quotes me and only answers a question which interests his own selfish vendetta. So, he was only interested in J.

I didn't say anything because I wanted him to answer my question about Choice, because he has pushed for Choice and hasn't even spoken about him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP: Or rather, I have asked you to expand on what you said earlier.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I also don't get why Gheb is defending me though then again I can't talk since I defend my town reads as well. But I wish he would extrapolate as to why I am town to him.
A good dictionary is what I believe you need
For questioning a read is nowhere near defending!
With the cases on you so far I have disagreed
Doesn't mean before you I'm bending!

Look at the way things are in fact, not like you want them to be.
I never said that you are town but a good case I have yet to see!

And again I bring up the town leader point where he has set himself up to be the person in charge and I never really like that because I get the vibe of "Too good to be true."
Oh, what a very flawed impression
For leadership I don't claim - nay I refuse!
Don't understand your furious aggression
And the very words you choose

For a leader can only lead others to the extent that others allow him to
Regardless: leading others isn't something that in this game I do

#HBC | ѕoup

Ghebora, what do you think of the eye?
does he appeal to you now, or should he die?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I answer questions that have a point
For only one of yours that was the case
The people I think are good I will not appoint
For the evil one's are waiting to erase!

The one's I believe to be the evil I have called out before!
A vote and fos I left, what could you want to know more?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bull****. Show me where Choice has became GOOD to you.

#HBC | ѕoup

a satisfactory wants me to have more!
alas, like eating chocolate cake, and finishing it myself is a chore.

so that is all i plea, and nothing more, and now if you excuse me
i'm going to puke on the floor.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
A good dictionary is what I believe you need
For questioning a read is nowhere near defending!
With the cases on you so far I have disagreed
Doesn't mean before you I'm bending!

Look at the way things are in fact, not like you want them to be.
I never said that you are town but a good case I have yet to see!

Oh, what a very flawed impression
For leadership I don't claim - nay I refuse!
Don't understand your furious aggression
And the very words you choose

For a leader can only lead others to the extent that others allow him to
Regardless: leading others isn't something that in this game I do

I agree I find J's reason for you to be scum very weak.

- Possible fake restriction
- Is leading and therefore scum according to meta

Very bad reasons and I feel he wants you to seem like scum. He is reaching.

#HBC | ѕoup

ghebora, was your 956 to me?
it doesn't really look like it from what i see.

Top Bottom