• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Soup, if you're not lying about your role, I have to ask why you didn't use it sooner on Gorf when no one was listening to you and why it took Ranmaru being, well, Ranmaru to make you use your role.

Putting something in the oven, then rereading your condensed versions, J.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
well ranmaru is a tard and falls for gambits like that, so yeah, twas' lying, anyone can see that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Now that I'm not annoyed or as mad atm, I apologize for that earlier.

But Ran, how can you call me out for being gone for 10-20 minutes at most, that's unreasonable.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Guys, I'm going to condense it like this: Ranmaru is an idiot and it's best if you just avoided sitting there and calling him bad at the game or complaining about it. Honestly, I'm tired of reading multiple pages of Ran and everyone else, myself included, sitting here and telling him he's bad at mafia as well as him telling others they're bad at mafia. It's not stagnating the game but it's making it much longer than it needs to be. I assure you that if you put anyone other than Ranmaru in that slot, this game would be half as long as it is right now, especially with Ryker and Gheb not being really active.

I get it, it's an armchair critique post, but I felt it's necessary, there's at least twenty pages of this stupid back-and-forth and I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I can go through three pages and get the same number of quotes because most of the page is RanvSoup. Knock it off.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Unvote

Washed can totally live to see D2 thanks to that last post. I'm completely serious.

J, I appreciate you paring things down. I'll dig into everything in a moment.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
According to what I'm reading in the thread title, we actually only have 12 hours. Maybe that's not what Swords' meant, but 12pm is noon, not midnight. So I think we should treat this like the deadline is noon.

@Washed: I like what you said in your 1726, even though it had nothing to do with the actual game. It doesn't mean you're getting any townie points for it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yea I just got slapped by an annoying little naive person that it's 12 hours not 24. ;_; (j/k <3)

So yea, even more pressure.

@Mod: Can you clarify deadline?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote Count

J (5) - vVv Choice, AfroGandhi, WashedLaundry, Gordito, Ranmaru
Ranmaru (1) - MOD
Shinarouji (1) - MOD
Gordito (4) - J, Soupamario, Gheb_01, Red Ryu
Red Ryu (1) - Shinarouji
WashedLaundry (1) - Ryker

Not voting: Evil Eye

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Here is an updated votecount.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vote: Gordito

Let's do that. L-2, if J's updated vote count is right.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Guys, I'm going to condense it like this: Ranmaru is an idiot and it's best if you just avoided sitting there and calling him bad at the game or complaining about it. Honestly, I'm tired of reading multiple pages of Ran and everyone else, myself included, sitting here and telling him he's bad at mafia as well as him telling others they're bad at mafia. It's not stagnating the game but it's making it much longer than it needs to be. I assure you that if you put anyone other than Ranmaru in that slot, this game would be half as long as it is right now, especially with Ryker and Gheb not being really active.

I get it, it's an armchair critique post, but I felt it's necessary, there's at least twenty pages of this stupid back-and-forth and I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I can go through three pages and get the same number of quotes because most of the page is RanvSoup. Knock it off.
Unvote

Washed can totally live to see D2 thanks to that last post. I'm completely serious.

J, I appreciate you paring things down. I'll dig into everything in a moment.
What? That is just what he said, an armchair critic post. What changed your read in that post alone?

Ran isn't scum. He won't be lynched. I'm getting pissed at everyone who does absolutely nothing but call him a moron (Soup). It's really ****ing hard to get better when no one treats you like you're sub-human. People don't insult Dark Horse in game even though he's a worse player because it's not the cool thing to do. Stop getting high off finding someone worse than you and play the damn game.

Red Ruy can go to ****ing hell for pushing that lynch. Ran, regardless of what you think of his content, is playing a town game. His motives are not scum driven. He's trying a hell of a lot harder than me.

I'm at a hotel in Tallahassee. We have time to move this lynch to Red Ruy if we can. WL, I task you with sending me a text if Red Ruy reaches 3 votes. If he does, I'll borrow my friend's phone and switch my vote. Until then, I'll leave it on Gord who is a better lynch than J.

Unvote Vote Gorf

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
L-1 don't hammer without understanding the consequences. I will ****ing kill you for hammering without giving a Red Ruy wagon a chance to develop.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Welp. Dat Ninja.

Ryker, there's twelve hours before deadline. How do you expect a wagon to start in that frame of time, especially considering it's nighttime?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gheb is Euro. You're on. J's on. Circus is on. Ran is always on. I've said I will GET my vote moved if need be.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well I'm not voting RR. I think he's town.

Also even if then, that's only 6 votes including my vote. So in reality you have 5.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Which would be why I'm leaving my vote on Gorf and not RR. RR is where I'm going tomorrow though. I want J's reasoning on why he's a town read and WL's take on his Ran vote tonight.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What? That is just what he said, an armchair critic post. What changed your read in that post alone?
My read hasn't changed. Washed is still scummy as ****. But amongst the players who I currently consider scummy as ****, Washed at least succeeds at being someone I would like to continue playing mafia with. Someone who will post relatively regularly without getting into hissy fits with other people.

Plus a wagon on him was/is not going to gain enough momentum to avoid a No Lynch. Gord will at least go through. There's no way we're going to get a Ryu lynch sorted in time. Ryu's still too much of a question mark for me to warrant a lynch, even if that BS with Ran was dumb and drawn out for no reason.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The way Red Ryu is acting towards Ranmaru is giving me entirely frustrated town vibes. Before he came back and voted Gord he was null-leaning scum but then Ran vs. RR happened and he became a town read for me. Also when he caught up he was commenting on things he deemed necessary although I really need to double check my notes since they are a bit obscure after so much stuff posted last night/today.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Scum picks are WL and RR. Town reads are Ranmaru, Soup, and EE. Leaning town is Gheb, but I'm scared of him. Take that warning with a grain of salt since I've yet to not call him scum since I came back to DGames. Also note that the only time I was wrong, I called him as indy SK and he was Vig.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What the hell Ran, I go off to dinner and you call me out on not following up?

Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

Policy lynch lets go!
I consider it almost the same thing you were doing when calling for a Red Ruy lynch, just I don't know whether or not you'd consider it a policy lynch. You saying people need to go doesn't mean you always consider them scum.

As for what he was trying to accomplish, I feel J, Red Ruy, and Soup are just way too caught up in their exasperation for Ran and not nearly considering their read. They want him gone because they find him annoying, not because they find him scummy. I question that motive, and I question this vote as a result.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ruy can go to ****ing hell for pushing that lynch. Ran, regardless of what you think of his content, is playing a town game. His motives are not scum driven. He's trying a hell of a lot harder than me.

I'm at a hotel in Tallahassee. We have time to move this lynch to Red Ruy if we can. WL, I task you with sending me a text if Red Ruy reaches 3 votes. If he does, I'll borrow my friend's phone and switch my vote.
Until then, I'll leave it on Gord who is a better lynch than J.
Please tell me your trolling.

I don't care if he is trying harder, I'm extremely annoyed with how he has been pushing me with activity when I'm gone for 20 minutes.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Actually I am going to interject, WL. I want Ranmaru lynched because I find him scummy, not because I find him annoying because although annoying I could put up with it because it's only one person.

A very loud rude one person but eh.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Jesus Christ. Alright, I'm home, and caught up. My brain is a ****ing puddle of slush right now. So much god damn unnecessary content and arguing. Summary of my current thoughts while

I still don't like J, and there are a few things keeping that fire alive, several of them recent happenings. However these last... christ, what, like ten pages? They've eroded my convictions. Not so much through J not looking scummy anymore (though he looks somewhat better since he on occasion does scumhunting... "on occasion" being the thing to note there), but through other people continuing to look worse.

I can't stop narrowing my eyes at Laundry. Any way you slice it, his transitions off of Ryker and especially the interaction with Jerkus while doing it just reek to high heaven. His recent play has been better, but afaik he has a reputation as a good player, so that means little to me.

Then Gordito. Oh, Gordito. So much bandwagoning. I don't think I can recall a single vote post-RVS that didn't have The Stink to it. Some lovely OMGUS, and the flimsiest alignment analysis I have ever seen on J 'n' me. The thing about Gordito is that while he posts very little, almost every post he makes gives me THE VIBE, and I feel like scummy intentions are properly tangible.

The fact that Laundry and Gord would make up 33% of J's wagon if I were to hop on.... that bothers me. A lot. It's like when J and Gordo were crossvoting, but worse.

I was going to make a case on Gordito some time back, but Laundry started taking pressure, and I decided it'd be unhelpful to bring up some other **** while someone I had mixed feelings on was getting heat. Maybe it's time I reconsider that avenue.

Just ordered my THINKING food (pizza).

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EBWOP: Summary of my current thoughts while my brain processes this ****ing behemoth*

YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO TO ME, GAME

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EE, there are condensed versions of my behemoths if you would rather not read them at the time since we really do not have that much time to quibble over minute details.

Will you hammer Gord to avoid the NL?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ugh, ugh, ugh.

No one will tell me what Gord's done. I'm willing to lynch him over J because I don't remember him DOING anything. I don't remember a single stance. Am I missing something, or is that the general consensus on the wagon.

If it's not, I need the cliffnotes version. Five minutes is all I've got then I'm gone for who knows how long.

QUICKTOPIC UPDATE: J is hammer fishing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ryker we have less than 11 hours. Of course I'm hammer fishing.

Also I'll connect you to the condensed versions of my walls that outline my Gord/Ran case in two sections.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't bother. My computer gave me the 2 minute warning.

I don't like you hammer fishing before EE had a chance to post. Anyway, I'm out. You have my picks if I die in the night.

Top Bottom