• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
>.> i just said that i dont understand why you would expect 17 when we havent had low numbers like that as an average since waba weeklies lol. Im expecting the same numbers as always 25-30. Expectations, we've got to raise them. See what i did? :A1:
It's a matter of opinion. I really don't care how many people show up whenever I attend, and any number is fine by me. Just a personal preference, that's all. I see what you mean. I too would like to see a good deal of people at our monthlies/weeklies (whichever we decide to have), but in my current situation, any turnout at all is good. I don't expect 25-30 on average, but it's something to look positively towards should you prove me wrong.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
You want a place to meetup and play, practice, have smashfest on a regular basis...
Gamers Xperience offers that.

You believe the community can grow through competition...
Gamers Xperience has developed a leaderboard for continuous competition on a weekly basis with monthly tournaments.
In addition we offer free passes and discounts to participants of the leaderboard. This allows you to meetup on a regular
basis play competitively on a regular basis and get rewards for doing what you love to do in the first place.

Travel is an issue...
We are on a bus route. The bus stop is a few steps away for our place. If you can get to a train station then you can
make it to GX. We are 15 mins or less from Atlanta, Snellville, Stone Mountain, Conyers, Covington, Decatur, etc...

In short GX was created for everything some of you are looking for. The discussion shouldn't be if or where can we do this.
The discussion should be what day will we meet and how often will we meet.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
You want a place to meetup and play, practice, have smashfest on a regular basis...
Gamers Xperience offers that.

You believe the community can grow through competition...
Gamers Xperience has developed a leaderboard for continuous competition on a weekly basis with monthly tournaments.
In addition we offer free passes and discounts to participants of the leaderboard. This allows you to meetup on a regular
basis play competitively on a regular basis and get rewards for doing what you love to do in the first place.

Travel is an issue...
We are on a bus route. The bus stop is a few steps away for our place. If you can get to a train station then you can
make it to GX. We are 15 mins or less from Atlanta, Snellville, Stone Mountain, Conyers, Covington, Decatur, etc...

In short GX was created for everything some of you are looking for. The discussion shouldn't be if or where can we do this.
The discussion should be what day will we meet and how often will we meet.
is GX still in the same place it was when Eugenio (rest in peace, friend) was hosting SoD's?

if so, iirc the location was hard to find parking for and wasn't at a very good location for most of GA smash

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Yes we are in the same location. As far as parking, there is a hugh parking lot directly across the street. It will take you 10 seconds to walk from our center to the parking lot.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Travel is an issue...
Travel is an issue for me, someone give me ride pl0x

mercy

Smash Apprentice
So, is there a smashfest going on at GX this week? If so, then I would attend.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Is the tournament this Saturday?
SoD 9 is next saturday the 18th...

This saturday is another smashfest @ 4pm. We may be able to open early if we can get a guarantee of at least 10 people.

If so is it for cash or for ranking?
The tournament, SoD 9, is for cash. The ranking you are asking about is for our in-house leaderboard (not for SoD 9) which you and anyone else is welcome to join.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Back in town now for the rest of the summer. I wanna get something going tomorrow cause I won't be instate this weekend.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
A 2pm start time to this Saturday's smashfest would be great. If so, I can guarantee my attendance.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that...I completely missed this question.

You can catch the 116 Bus from Indian Creek Station. Get off at Swift St. stop. We are less than a block from the stop.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My place is just about always open, but consult me in advance. Might have plans already if I'm told the day of.

Umby

Smash Master
My place is just about always open, but consult me in advance. Might have plans already if I'm told the day of.
Were you able to type that with a straight face?

No I'm kidding. If people come over, I'll try and come over, I suppose.

SMASHFEST AT ZATCH'S PLACE HYPE!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I need time to plan ahead. I might go somewhere tomorrow, and I wouldn't have any notification of your coming. Anyway, I'll look foraward to anyone tomorrow.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If Saturday is the day, I think we'd have better attendance going to the GX weekly. Plus, it's closer, depending on where you're coming from.

Edit: Fffffff... Allshort's a ninja :sheik:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm interested in going, but I don't know the door fee.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Remember Zatch. and other players currently on the Brawl Champions leaderboard...

Door fee for current/active leaderboard members is $8 (a $2 discount).
Scatt is free (perk for being the current Brawl Leaderboard Champion)

Regular door fee is $10.

Here is the current standings on the leaderboard. (link)

Scatz

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna brawl later today? Nothing happened yesterday, so might as well try to get some smash in before I leave tomorrow morning.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I wanna have a smashfest along with a pool day sometime this week/next week. Is anyone interested?

1) play some video games
2) go to the pool
3) get something to eat
4) play more video games
5) play even MORE video games
6) water balloon war? wut? I know the perfect field not too far from my house.

Anyone interested?

List:
Me (derp)
Rya

Top Bottom