• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is willing to give feedback on Deadpool's and Ash's (Phantom Brave) movesets. I'll be happy to hear them and I thank you for the feedback on Marona from Phantom Brave. I wanted to make Deadpool quick and powerful, but at the same time, want to balance things out. Deadpool strong and fast attacks comes in the price that his durability and recovery would not be that great. So he can KO anyone at low percentages, but don't expect Deadpool to survive around 135% of damage, making him a "glass cannon." This is stark contrast with the game breaker Snake in SSBB: where he has very great recovery, fast tilt attacks capable of KOing someone at low percentaages, and the heavy weight of Snake that makes it difficult to KO him.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, it seems E3 basically stopped all vet activity in this thread. Let's try to fix that with a couple of comments.

E102 Gamma
Well, there's a few problems with the moveset. Although the specials are detailed and sound promising, the moveset ultimately fails to deliver. Here, in a rough order of importance, is what you need to fix for future movesets.

1): DETAIL. This is the biggest thing, as even with the specials (the most detailed part of the moveset), you didn't give any info on damage dealt, or the lag on the moves.For example, let me take the Badnik blaster.

Neutral Special - Badnik Blaster: Hold special to activate Gamma's targeting laser, once activated, it shines directly ahead (or at a downward angle if using Jet Booster). If an enemy crosses the laser, a reticule appears over them, signifying they are targeted. Once B is released, shots are fired at every targeted enemy. These shot will home in but only to an extent.
How fast do the fired shots traveled? How much damage do they do? How about knockback? Can multiple shots be fired at one enemy? The reader doesn't know the answer to these questions. With equal honesty, this could be an annoyance move like Fox's blaster, or an incredible camping tool like Falco's laser or Snake's grenades.

On a related note, you're missing a lot of moves. The back aerial, the back throw, and the entire tilts section (If you aren't familiar with them, tilts are when you gently press a direction and the attack button while on the ground) are missing. Unless there's a really good reason to omit a move (for example, last MYM, Junahu made a Diglett set that couldn't jump, so it's completely reasonable to ignore aerials), you should try to create one.

2): Generic attacks. This is a problem that almost all newbies (myself included) have struggled with at one point or another, and one that can be quite difficult to avoid. Basically, you should try to make each individual move interesting on its own, or have interactions with other parts of the set. Let me take a rather simple example of this.

Suppose that your character (let's call him X) had a special move that caused him to toss out a club item that you could toss around. Well, since there's two types of directional inputs for grounded moves (both tilts and smashes), you could make it such that you could use powered-up versions of your tilts while holding the club, or toss it via smash inputs. (Or you could reverse it and throw the club via tilts and use it for powered-up smashes. That would work as well.) That way, you can do more with the club item than your opponent, giving you a conscious motive to keep it onstage and grab it, which helps out with playstyle. See what I mean? Although that's a minor example, it really helps increase the quality of both the individual moves, and the set as a whole, and is something every MYM'er should strive for.

Anyway, I know that this is a bit of a harsh critique, but these are problems that many newbies fall victim to, so keep trying. I would recommend showing your moveset to a veteran or two for advice before posting it. They can help point out good ideas for you to elaborate on, or problems you need to fix, and it will really help out the quality of your moveset. For example, I've had Smash Daddy review a couple of my sets for this MYM, resulting in the finishing touches for Spider-Man, and a rather harsh reality check for Phantom (not posted yet).

Finally, to end this on a positive note, I did enjoy your organization. The only change I'd make to that would be to move the playstyle and final smash sections towards the end, otherwise it was quite good.

Deadpool:
First off, using the same color for ALL the text in the moveset is a pain to read. I'd recommend just coloring the headers and perhaps move names, and just leaving the rest of it with the default scheme.

Secondly, I'm glad to see that you improved the detail on your attacks. Although there's still some work to do (you often forget to mention whether an attack has bad lag, is pulled of quickly, or in-between), it's a great improvement over Marona.

This leaves the major problem with the set, and that's generic attacks. Like most newbie sets this MYM, most attacks on their own aren't any more interesting than one of the brawl sets, and this leaves Deadpool without a proper playstyle. While on the topic of playstyle, I think I'll quote a bit from the E102 comment, as it applies to you (and most newbies) as well.

Suppose that your character (let's call him X) had a special move that caused him to toss out a club item that you could toss around. Well, since there's two types of directional inputs for grounded moves (both tilts and smashes), you could make it such that you could use powered-up versions of your tilts while holding the club, or toss it via smash inputs. (Or you could reverse it and throw the club via tilts and use it for powered-up smashes. That would work as well.) That way, you can do more with the club item than your opponent, giving you a conscious motive to keep it onstage and grab it, which helps out with playstyle. See what I mean? Although that's a minor example, it really helps increase the quality of both the individual moves, and the set as a whole, and is something every MYM'er should strive for.
(As a side note, I'd better confess that I don't think I could really make a better Deadpool set. Although I only know him from MvC3, his main draw seems to be more his crazy personality than his actual fighting abilities, making a Deadpool set quite difficult. However, you did translate the feel of Deadpool with some of the sound effects and such nicely, and I quite enjoyed the final smash.)

smashbot226

Smash Master
I suppose I'll provide some input on the latest movesets. Oh and Mr. Freeze is done.

PAGE 10 IS NOW A FROZEN PUNDRA!!!

Jokes aside, I'll cover the above sets.

Deadpool: Good GOD that coloring is atrocious. The moveset itself, however is not. It's... not too special either. You really took some inspiration from the MVC3 moveset and then added some of your own ideas to it... which, in comparison to what you took from MVC3, seems boring. No offense, but with an off-the-wall character like Deadpool, the moves you did give him seem bland. For instance, you make his side smash attacks the Katana-Rama/Chimchangas! attack yet the other smashes are... what, upward and side-to-side slashes? Hell, even the grabs are a bit boring. No offense but the moves could certainly use some more of that trademark Deadpool flair.

You do mention how Deady is a glass cannon yet his moves seem fairly normal enough to warrant the idea that he has little helping him in that aspect. Even in MVC3, he was made as a strange yet effective defensive character- the specials alone seem more like they belong to a defensive keep-away character than a glass cannon. These ARE just my two cents, however. And for a guy who supposedly can't shut up, he doesn't talk very much. Well, as much as Deadpool should. Which is constantly. Some extras would really flesh the guy out, too, like costumes, victory poses, etc. Stuff that Deadpool could really shine for.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
EROGE-102 GAMMA: You obviously have a plan for Gamma and he does warrant a lot of possibilities for a moveset. That said- and like the guys above me- your moves lack detail, i.e. damage/knockback/etc. You do go into detail in describing how they are performed but that only does so much for the reader. His smashes look like they suck, too, unless they have properties that befit his supposed hit-and-run nature. Not much else I can say here that I didn't say about Deady.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Oh, and I'm working on my next moveset and will be posted up later on.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've been absent for... a few MYM's now, and promised this moveset at some point. Well, here it is! The one I promised to do. xD You may not believe it's me, but it is. And I know this has been done much better by someone better at this than me, so shut up. :3

(^*/+- SHO MINAMIMOTO -+\*^)
The Grim Heaper

The youngest Game Master in Shibuya, Sho Minamimoto is a mathematical genius. He is also a dangerous combatant, despite his interest in mathematics over fighting.

His bizarre and arrogant attitude takes second seat only to his bizarre and arrogant actions. Referring to towers of scrap metal as art, and dropping them around Shibuya while shouting loud math jokes and numerical insults from referring to people as "yoctograms".

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

(^*/+- THE NOISE REPORT -+\*^)

Size: 7.5 out of 10.0 Sho is tall. Really tall, in fact, almost eye-to-eye with Ganondorf.
Weight: 8.0 out of 10.0 Sho has some impressive bulk for a math wiz. But the weight of those muscles is nothing to sneeze at!
Walk Speed: 5.0 out of 10.0 Sho likes to take things slow when he can. When he walks, he walks. No hurry, right...?
Run Speed: 8.0 out of 10.0 ...But when slow isn't an option, he kicks it up a few notches and seriously books it. His traction is, however, average at best.
First Jump Height: 5.5 out of 10.0 He's fast, but his vertical distance isn't too impressive.
Second Jump Height: 3.0 out of 10.0 He performs an acrobatic frontflip in mid-air to force himself higher. He needs SOMETHING...
Recovery Height: 6.0 out of 10.0 Sho makes like Pit, albeit a very slow Pit. Every boost counts!
Priority: 4.0 out of 10.0 Sho has speed. He has real speed. But his priority is on the lower end of things.
Traction: 5.0 out of 10.0 Due to his heavy speed, Sho is difficult to control at times.
Fall Speed: 7.5 out of 10.0 Sho falls quickly through the air due to his weight. This sometimes makes it hard to recover.
Air Movement: 2.5 out of 10.0 Air control? Not so much. Sho isn't very good in the air, unless of course he uses his recovery. But even that has problems...

Crawl: No
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

(^*/+- A ATTACKS AND TIGHT TILTS -+\*^)

/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\

A
Suckerpunch
2% for indeffinate hits.
Minamimoto will knee his opponent in the stomach on the first hit, doing 3%. He then will punch them for 2%, and can knee them in the stomach
constantly for 2%/1% per hit indeffinately until they get out, like other rapid attacks.

Dash Attack
Drill Kick
4%
Minamimoto will leap forward into a drill kick, similar to Fox's old Forward Smash from Smash 64.

Up Tilt
Uppercut
7%
Minamimoto will pull back and do a quick uppercut, knocking enemies in front of him up, and hitting ones above him.

Side Tilt
Blindside
7%
Sho quickly turns away from his opponent and brings his leg up behind him, kicking them where it hurts. (In the face, in Pikachu's case. But still, it hurts.) The attack has very little knockback, but does make the opponent flinch noticeably. Also, Sho turns back to see his opponent's reaction, giving a bit of a cooldown time before he can do it again.

Down Tilt
Probability
7%
This attack is a very basic leg sweep, dealing 7% damage and low knockback. However, the damage of this attack is multiplied by 3x if it is used after Blindside and Uppercut at a rate of 1 per second without missing, each one is only used once, and Probability is used last. Regardless of the damage done, Probability sends the opponent off with low knockback.

Ledge Attack (Strong)
Recovery Vector
1%
Sho will flip onto the stage, attacking with an axe kick onto the stage. It does low knockback, but it's enough.

Ledge Attack (Weak)
Emergency Vector
2%
Sho will flip onto the stage as in his strong ledge attack, but instead of an axe kick, he will slide under his opponents and knock them behind him, off the ledge.

(^*/+- SHO'S SWIFT SMASH ATTACKS -+\*^)

Forward Smash
Back It Up!
1% per kick
Sho pulls back and begins rapid-kicking. This attack is comparable to Meta Knight's A attack, with a little more knockback and a longer reach more comparable to Marth's. He can keep smashing forever as long as the C stick or A button is held, and as long as nobody hits him. It has a side effect that causes characters running toward him during the attack to trip into his forward smash, causing them to take more damage. The attack is usually impossible to deal lots of damage with past 50% damage.

Up Smash
N to Infinity!
Anywhere from 1% to 25%, with medium knockback.
Sho gets down and does a spinning breakdancing kick attack. This attack could do anywhere from 1 to 25% damage depending on how close the opponent is to Sho. The attack causes opponents to be pushed away from him, so people just in reach will be nicked lightly and pushed out of range. But people right up against him will suffer the wrath of this high-speed attack.

This attack can be defined by Sho going "Heh..." and stopping abruptly for a very brief period of time before initiating the attack.

Down Smash
Will It Rend?
16%
Sho snaps his fingers and points at the ground in a hand gun motion. The opponent flinches just briefly if close enough to him, distracted. Sho then brings his arms up into an uppercut on either side of him. If an opponent is not close enough, they can still be hit by the uppercut. The finger snap occurs just before the actual punch, and does not occur at all when this smash attack is charged. However, it is a good warning that it's coming. Knockback is decent, and sends the opponent straight up.

(^*/+- ASCENDED AERIALS -+\*^)

Up Aerial
Y Axis
8%
Sho flips over and kicks up with both feet, sending the opponent into the air.

Forward Aerial
X Axis
7%
Sho performs a forward spin kick, with surprising knockback.

Back Aerial
X Axis
7%
Sho turns himself around and performs his Forward Aerial in the opposite direction.

Down Aerial
Zetta Drop
17%
Sho stops in midair and drops straight down on his opponent. The attack is a meteor smash, and knocks them down instead of away.

Neutral Aerial
If p, then q
11%
Sho shouts as his wings jet from his back, stabbing his opponents and smacking them away before retracting.

(^*/+- GORY GRAPPLES -+\*^)

Grab
Knowledge Gap
None (Yet!)
Sho simply glares down at his opponent, holding them in his gaze. (This doesn't have that far of a reach, despite what it sounds like.)

Using the grab will also issue a command to minions, causing them to restrain the opponent nearest to them. The more noise latch onto the opponent, the higher damage the opponent has, and the stronger the noise in question, will all lead to the restraint being harder and harder to escape.

Pummel
FOIL
1%
Sho knees his opponent in the stomach.

Up Throw
A^2
8%
Sho knees his opponent, and throws them into the air slightly, then kicks them up higher.

Forward Throw
B^2
9%
Sho releases his opponent and pulls back before kicking them in the chest, sending them reeling back.

Back Throw
C^2
17%
Sho begins the same as A^2, by kneeing his opponent and throwing them up. However, he then teleports up next to them and kicks them away before appearing back where he was. This is Sho's strongest throw.

Down Throw
F For Effort
9%
Sho throws his opponent down, kneels on their chest, gets close to them, and says "Well, I suppose you still get an F for Effort...". (Note: Most damage done is to your dignity. Haha.)

(^*/+- SHO'S SICK SPECIALS -+\*^)

Neutral B
Taboo Summon
Damage varies
Minamimoto will create a circle in front of him, and an emblem will appear over his head. The emblem will slowly change as the B button is held down. The cycle is random each time, but the emblems go through one cycle before any emblems are repeated. The percentage given is the odds of the noise occuring early on in any given cycle, as opposed to dead last. Noise that will react differently to other characters. The rundown and behaviors are like this:

(50%) Choirfrog - 10 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Taboo Frog noise. This enemy can be defeated by smash attacks, and will really only attack by jumping into opponents for 5%.

(10%) Grunge Wolf - 30 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Taboo Wolf noise. This enemy is much faster and has more health than the Choirfrog. It will, however, attack in the exact same manner: lunging, and ramming opponents, for 15%.

(05%) Wall of Grizzly - 85 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Bear noise. This enemy will not move. Its large size will form a tall wall to the side of Minamimoto, and takes an enormous amount of smash attacks to bring down, usually seven to ten. It would be best to avoid it altogether, because not only can Minamimoto attack through the Wall of Grizzly, the Wall of Grizzly will make an enormous sweep with its arms when it is attacked. Its range is quite fearsome, being a half length of Final Destination. However, the knockback of the attack gets drastically weaker as you get farther from the Noise. The closest point will knock you for a serious loop, doing 25%, while at the very end of his claw you will flinch and take a measly 1%.

(05%) Death Metal Mink - 10 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Mink noise. This enemy will move around in a large tornado, sucking enemies in and doing large amounts of damage (up to 50% if stuck in the tornado beginning to end). Attacking with smash attacks is not recommended. Using projectiles is much better, especially when you consider its health, which is similar to that of the Choirfrog.

(05%) Chaoti Corehog - 20 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Corehog noise. The Corehog will shoot spines up offscreen, and they will fall after about five seconds all over the place. They will either hit opponents for 5%, or will miss and can be picked up and thrown for 5%. At 100% damage, Minamimoto will summon the corehog and it will shoot off three waves of spines in a row. Have fun!

(05%) Eurobeat Boomer - 40 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Boomer noise. The Boomer will jump up offscreen and constantly fall from the top of the screen toward a player. Its target will be denoted by a flashing circle beneath their feet, just like in TWEWY. After it lands, the Boomer will stand briefly and rest for a second or two before jumping up again. If you get hit, prepare for a good 20% damage, and getting buried in the ground when they land.

(01%) Neoclassical Drake - 0 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Drake noise. This noise, unique from the others, will appear in front of Minamimoto and attack in the direction he is facing. What does it do? It does a massive shrapnel beam from its mouth, that pans out to a huge range, similar to the Mario Finale. This attack, despite not having a good chance of happening, is a great reason to keep close to Minamimoto at all times. The good news, however, is when the attack is done, the Drake will disappear. However, if you had the ability to reflect or absorb the shrapnel, I suppose being far away would be advantageous... Hmm...

(01%) Trace Rhino - 1000 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Rhino noise. When it appears, it would be best to get on another platform. The Trace Rhino will run around the stage doing massive knockback to everything it touches-- However, it never does more than 20%, and only when it hits head-on. The Rhino
will run from end to end of the stage, turning back to go the other way twice before running off the edge into oblivion. You could kill it, in theory, but it's best you not try.

(18%) Carcinopunk - 0 hp
Minamimoto will summon a Carcino noise. The crab will roll up and protect itself upon appearing. At this point, anyone can pick it up and chuck it at an opponent for 10% and some nice knockback-- The Carcinopunk is heavy, you know! When it appears, it will disappear over time like any item would. So like the most dangerous of Minamimoto's taboo, this one is in-pin-cible.

The noise will appear and perform their actions. A few things to note! Several noise attack
indiscriminately. Just because you summoned it doesn't make you safe from it by default!
Only three noise can be active at one time, and they have to be killed in order to get rid of them. You can kill your own noise, but keep in mind, they may turn on you! They don't like Reapers either, after all! A smash attack always does roughly 10 points of damage to a noise. So the Choirfrog would require one to die, while the Trace Rhino would need 100!

Also to note, some attacks will cause the Noise to shift AI. As long as Sho hasn't gone around kicking the Noise around, they will follow his orders very often. Some do not follow commands: Neoclassical Drake, Trace Rhino, and Carcinopunk will not follow commands, but instead do their own thing.

Side B
Infinity
Each shot does one damage. Do the math!
Sho Minamimoto sticks his hand out, and a spread shot of energy rounds comes from his hand. He can prolong the attack until he gets hit by holding the B button, and can also aim up and down slightly. The beams have no knockback at all though, and when he stops firing, he's pretty vulnerable.

Using this attack will also get all minions to enter a defensive state until the attack is finished. They take much less damage in this state, but don't move or attack.

Up B
Singing Wings
No damage
Sho Minamimoto pulls off the Wings of Icarus. Six wings shoot from his back! However, the
differences are deffinately there. Minamimoto's Singing Wings push opponents back farther
and he takes off farther. His wings last for less time, but he is MUCH faster and harder
to control, like the Volt Tackle-- Only, not that fast. Close, though!

Using this attack will also get all minions to ignore opponents and converge on Minamimoto's location to protect him. Once they get a certain distance from him, they enter a state where they attack anyone who attacks Sho, until they die or are given a new command.

Down B
Warp
None...yet.
Minamimoto can pull off this attack very quickly and easily. He can use it and will warp
behind the nearest character to him in about 5 characters in any direction. He can and probably will attack out of it as well. It behaves much like the Dimensional Cape, only Minamimoto can perform any attack out of this. It is also much more instantaneous, but because it selects the target, it's easy to see coming. Because of Minamimoto's lack of priority, it wouldn't be wise to spam this. Trust me.

Using this attack will also get all minions to converge on and attack the nearest opponent to Sho, as opposed to the one nearest the minion.

(^*/+- FERAL FINAL -+\*^)

Final Smash
The Leo Cantus
All attacks do 50% more damage. (50% of the original damage. Not +50%.)
Minamimoto makes a gigantic Noise sigil like he does in his neutral special! What could he be summoning?! It's... himself! Minamimoto turns into the Taboo Leo Cantus until death! This may seem like it's cheap, but one has to consider. In this form, Minamimoto is slightly stronger, MUCH faster, and jumps higher. However, he only has one jump, and no recovery. Even if the jump is higher than most jumps, one jump is one jump! He also has very poor traction. So his final smash is truly a high risk and high reward sort of deal. Something to note! When he gets a pity final smash, Minamimoto will actually respawn as Taboo Minamimoto! However, he transforms when he hits the ground, and doesn't have invincibility frames leaving the platform. So he could actually be juggled as soon as he leaves the platform... Sorry!

(^*/+- SHO STYLE -+\*^)

Sho Minamimoto is a sort of character who's intended to run around the stage and wreak havoc on opponents. In a 1v1, he comes across as fun to use casually, but not astonishingly useful, and even a little overkill. But throw him into a free-for-all, and Sho can really mess things up with his Noise!

The noise summon is probably Sho's most used attack, considering how, despite the fact that the noise line up randomly in a cycle (and usually still from weakest to strongest, generally).

Summoning weak fodder enemies can be useful to distract opponents who don't give Sho space to do things such as pick up items, and summoning indirectable noise work very well if Sho is in a corner, or even if he's fighting someone like Pit or Sonic who just wants to run and hide.

The move also lets him make up for lack of a projectile attack, not just by giving him stronger underlings than most characters, but by letting him spawn one of them as an item itself.

The downside to this move is that Sho essentially will have to start the match running, because the cycle takes a long time to go through all the way... nearly ten seconds to sift through nine emblems. Thankfully, once Sho has started summoning his weaker minions to the stage, this can function as enough of a distraction to keep replacing them with noise.

Meanwhile, with the noise distraction, Sho could opt at any time to have the noise restrain, and come in for a KO after their damage gets high.

Sho' final smash is also very useful: it's complete overkill if he's winning, but it could catch him up a lot if he's in last place. However, if he gets a pity final smash, he doesn't get invincibility after leaving the platform, so he could have the final smash juggled right out of him. It's a strong move!

(^*/+- ANTICIPATED ANIMATIONS -+\*^)

Idle Animation

Sho stands up straight with a hand in his pocket, and another held out as if wanting something. Occasionally, he will adjust his hat like Mario, or adjust his boots like Link. He will also extend his arms to say, "Not good enough!".

Sleep Animation

Minamimoto slouches down onto the floor, and sleeps hunched forward with his legs bent and his head in his arms.

Shield Animation

Sho's Taboo markings form on his arms as he holds them up in front of his face.

Forward Roll

Sho teleports a distance in front of him, and is facing the opposite direction.

Backward Roll

Sho teleports a distance behind him.

Air Dodge

Sho teleports away briefly, then reappears.

Dizzy Animation

Minamimoto puts his hand to his face while bending forward with his other hand on his knee, panting heavily.

Ledge Grabbing Animation

Minamimoto holds onto the ledge with both hands, hanging on. When he does his ledge attack, he flips up over the ledge and kicks the opponent.

Ledge Return (Strong)

Sho pulls himself up onto the stage with one hand, and laughs to himself.

Ledge Return (Weak)

Sho claws his way onto the stage slowly, growling angrily.

Stage Entry

Sho is already at his starting position, sitting on a mound of trash. He holds up his megaphone and says, "Time to go, hectopascals!" before getting down and kicking the trash aside.

Character Select

"...You're interrupting my arts & crafts time."

(^*/+- TECHNICAL TAUNTS -+\*^)

Taunts

1. Minamimoto will make a "come on" motion with his right hand, then adjust his cap, saying "You're so zetta slow!"

2. Minamimoto will shrug and laugh, turning away from the camera.

3. Minamimoto's wings will spread from his back and shatter as he roars angrily.

Victory Animations

1. Sho cracks his knuckles, saying "Crunch! Add it to the heap!"

2. Sho adjusts his hat and turns to walk away, saying "So Zetta Slow!"

3. Sho is in his Taboo form, laughs maniacally, and begins extensively spewing pi to over 200 places at a disturbing speed.
(This can only occur if Sho won while in Leo Cantus.)

Loss Pose

Sho growls and turns away from the screen, with his hand over his face.

(^*/+- EXCITING EXTRAS -+\*^)

Kirby Hat

Kirby will wear Sho's hat, and will be able to summon Choirfrogs and Grunge Wolves.

Unlock

- Play 314 Stock, Time, and Coin matches, and defeat Sho.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
WARIO
Yeah, this thing was incredibly overdue...I intended to have it out earlier, then the whole SSBU shenanigans went down and I had to work my tail off removing my sets from the (now locked) SSB4 thread. Anyways, I applaud you for getting Wario out there...he's close to the top on the list of Brawl sets that barely scrape the character's potential (and often stray from it...Wario's farts have more bloody characterization than he does nowadays), as you point out multiple times. Before you posted the guy, I had actually been investigated the Wario Land (as well as Yoshi's Island) games, searching for potential (a Bloomsday or Cractus set may very well materialize down the road), and I am pleased you brought in a major element of the series in Wario's hats.

The focus you gave the hats was what I felt Mario Remix should have done with his power-ups; they are dedicated to certain functions and groups of moves, rather than scattered randomly throughout the set. I don't have half the disdain Jun appears to for their use, as I agree with your assessment of their use in the series. I do, however, question the motivations of Wario in the set, in a similar manner as I feel many questioned Rex's back in MYM8. I have trouble seeing Wario the character decide to go on a treasure hunt, directly in his opponent's face, despite it being a great move in the set. Lighting himself on fire for the sake of playstyle is less of a red flag here, but it's still noteworthy.

At this point, I feel the most likable aspect of Wario is his playstyle contains several *****d out concepts (trap character, anti-air character), but combines them in a way to remove their reviled elements. Wario has two traps, and is an offensive powerhouse, with the ability to play his game in his opponent's face. Although I don't feel Wario resembles anything near a groundbreaking set from you (and probably should not rank in the top 10 of your set list), he doesn't have to to be a great, enjoyable read, oozing with character (plus, I imagine he'll rank highly anyway, because he's Wario...remember MYM9's winner? (HIPPO))?

majora_787

Smash Hero
How much longer will this be open for submissions? I might have one more moveset in me this time around. :3 Just wondering.

I know it'll be a long time. But seriously, it takes me a while to do the research and come up with ideas.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Three months? Sweet, I can do that. I hope. Well, here's your hint to who/what it is:

1. "You're already dead!"
2. Your first guess is most likely going to be wrong.

EDIT: I'm such a nice person; another hint. If they've been done before in a previous MYM? Yeah, it's not them. It'll make me feel special. :3

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
O hey, Geto made a set. Finally, right?

BAD GIRL​
You think you're BAD, don't cha?
Bad Girl is the heavy-drinking Rank 2 assassin in UAA, hailing from the game No More Heroes. She dwells underneath Destroy Stadium (where Travis had already killed Dr. Peace, and will later kill Dr. Letz Shake), living in a room stocked with beer and seemingly endless sadomasochistic henchmen coming from her conveyer belt to pulverize with her blood-soaked baseball bat. It is she who shows Travis the corruption among assassins, as well as blurs the lines of killing for sport and killing for fun. Possibly the most mentally insane assassin, making the likes of Destroyman and Matt Helms look sane, she puts up a fight so brutal that Travis passes out after almost being beaten to death. Oh yeah, and the psychopath is joining the Brawl. Go figure.

Stats
Size:6
Weight:4
Ground Speed:1
Jump:2
Air Speed:2
Fall Speed:6
Power:10
Range:5
Traction:10

Specials

Side Special: Batter Up!(25%)
That bat isn't just for show. Bad Girl winds the bat up behind her, moving forward 1.5 SBBs at R.O.B's walking speed, shouting: "BATTER...!" as she does so. Upon walking forward 1.5 SBBs, Bad Girl will violently swing her bat in an arc above her head, with the tip landing just slightly in front of her, as she finishes her sentence with: "UP!". The entire swing is a hitbox, which does a meaty 25% damage and knockback that will K.O you're average character at around 150%. The entire process can be elongated, the full charge will have Bad Girl dashing forward at a considerably faster speed, and covering about 3 SBBs.During the attack, Bad Girl does not take any hit stun or knockback, but will still take any damage dealt to her. It's really laggy at the end, too, making her extremely punishable if she misses. This is a good K.O/approaching method due to the superarmor and high knockback, but missing can prove fatal.

Neutral Special: Heavy Drinker(0%)
Bad girl does something that made all No More Heroes players groan after they made her damage go down half way. Bad Girl takes out a can of beer (no brand-names, though), and chugs it before throwing it on the ground. She then...spits it all over her baseball bat. She then takes out a lighter, and does what any completely sane person would do: light the bat on fire. Yep. Now every attack that she uses her bat for (i.e.: almost all of them) get's a boost in damage and knockback, everything dealing 1.75x the original amount of damage and knockback. Seems perfect, right?

Well, actually...

This move is as laggy as it sounds: it makes Gannon's Warlock punch look like a standard jab. If Bad Girl is dealt 35% damage, her fire is extinguished, the same effect happens with a single water-based attack. She also cannot re-light her bat until 10 seconds after the last fire was extinguished. But, on the plus side, there are some additional boosts to the flaming bat. That's good, right? RIGHT?!

Up Special: Take This!(10-30%)
Bad Girl almost laglessly swings her bat in an upwards arc, causing her to fly up about 2.5 SBBs. Not THAT bad a recovery. It also does 10% damage and decent knockback.
What, you thought that was it?

After this initial swing, Bad Girl quickly slams the bat downwards, causing her to fallrapidly towards the stage (about as fast as Ike's fall in heis Up Special), with anyone in the way being dealt 20% damage and knockback that'll comfortably kill at around 150%. What you REALLY want to do here is hit the opponent right before she hits the ground. The sweetspot here will deal 30% damage and high knockback that will kill at around 115%. If you've used you're neutral special, not only will the pure killing power of this move increase, but she will also get an added benefit to her attack. If the bat is on fire when she hits the ground, a ring of fire will shoot out along the ground with a radius of about 1.5 SBBs (totaling 3 SBBs in length if there is space behind her to hit). The fire travels at Marth's dash speed, dealing 5% damage per hit with pushing knockback. It's a great GTFO move, BUT it is really laggy and predictable. You will get punished for missing.

Down Special: Too Much To Handle(heals 5% per second)
Bad Girl laglessly falls to the ground crying, covering her eyes. She will now heal 5% damage per second she isin this state. She is venerable in this state. Not to mention, she takes a FULL SECOND to get up afterwards. Not only that, she isn't even healed right away, her total healing coming after she gets up and ready to fight. If she's interrupted at any time during the healing or ending lag, all of her healing in nullfied. Ouch.

So, where do i begin? It's really laggy, you don't get healed right away, and if you're interrupted, there is no healing at all. When would you ever be able to use this?! The opponent would have to be scared somehow to not interrupt you, but why would they be...

Grabgame: Bitter Tears(45%)​
Bad Girl laglessly falls to the ground using the EXACT SAME ANIMATION AS HER DOWN SPECIAL, besides some minor differences in posture. She can't use this while running. Anyway, she will stay in this state as long as the player chooses, a second press of the button causing her to laglessly get up, muttering "f*ck" under her breath. If any enemy comes into contact with her, whether just bumping in to or via physical (aka: non projectile) attack, while she's in this state... BAD things will happen.

Bad Girl will grab the leg (or similar appendage, depending on the character) of the tresspasser, tripping them. She then gets up and begins to brutally beat the opponent's skull (or similar part) with her bat, blood flying everywhere if it's turned on (oh, did I forget to mention? Unlocking any No More Heroes character will unlock the option to turn blood on, affecting any character from the NMH, Resident Evil, or Mortal Kombat series, just an easter egg). This is in a similar fashion to her one-hit kill move (shown here).This will roughly deal 30% damage. She then rears back, swinging the bat like a golf club, hitting the opponent in the crotch and sending them flying away with 45% damage total and enough knockback to kill at 80% damage. If you're successful, Bad Girl will laugh hysterically. Good Luck, comrade.

Smash Attacks​

Down Smash: Sado Henchmen(10%)
In No More Heroes, one of bad Girl's most memorable and annoying attacks was to stand by a large conveyer belt-where she was invenerable, mind you- and hit het henchmen-who where dressed in tight leather pants, bra, and mask AND carried a bullwhip-at you like baseballs that attacked you if you dodged them.

Here, she pretty much does the same thing, minus the conveyer belt. She chargen up in a batter position, yelling "HOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEE..." before swinging into the background, causing one of the freaks to be launched, yelling: "RUUUUNNN!". The henchmen, at base charge, fly at Sonic's dash speed forward at 3.5 SBBs, dealing 10% damage and no knockback when they explode into a bloody mess on impact. The speed and damage change in porportion to the amount charged, full charged getting about 1.7x the speed and distance, but still dealing the same damage. If they DON'T hit you, the will get up and directly target the nearest enemy player. They are roughly Marth's size, Link's speed, and have a pathetic one jump, but they take no knockback. They also brandish that bullwhip, which they use to hit you, dealing 5% per hit.These guys have 25% stamina, and get stronger and faster porportional to the amount of damage they have taken. Bad Girl can have 5 out at a time, all of which will target the same player.

Side Smash: Home Run!(20%)
Bad Girl pulls a similar animation as her Down Smash, rearing up like a batter for an up to 1.5 second charge. When realeased, Bad Girl will shout: "Home Run!", swinging the bat, dealing 20% damage and high knockback at base charge, which is very laggy at both ends, making this a very punishable move. However, this move has one property that none of her other attacks do: she can use this to launch her henchmen, who have the same properties as her down smash, with the exception of it dealing 10% damage to them, possibly killing them. But, they do get more powerful the more damaged they are...

Up Smash: Swing, Batta!(25%)
Bad Girl rears back, striking the same pose as her other two smashes, holding it as if she's at bat. After charging, Bad Girl grunts as she swings the bat in an upwards arc, dealing base damage and knockback of 20% and above average knockback. It's laggy on both ends.

If her bat is on fire, she will actually shoot a line of fire at her opponents, which travels at Wario's dash speed and 3 SBBs uncharged, doing 15% damage and pushing knockback. This gives Bad Girl some (bad) long- range options, but can it serve other purposes...?

Standards

Standard Combo: Big Swinger(5,7%)
Bad Girl swings her bat heavily, initially dealing 5% damage. She then swings her bat in a fashion similar to a backhand slap, which deals 7% damage and some actually decent knockback. These are slightly more laggy than an average jab.

Forward Tilt: Drinking on the Job(0%)
Bad Girl pulls out a can of beer exactly like the one in her neutral special and begins to drink. After just a moment, she throws the can to the side and spits the liquid straight out in front of her. Anyone within 2 SBBs is now seen to be dripping wet. Any attack that involves fire will now light up anyone like this, including her henchmen. The fire does 2% damage per second it's inflicted upon an enemy. In order to cure a fire, you just have to roll 3 times.

Any of Bad Girl's henchmen that are launched while they are on fire will deal an extra 10% damage, plus explode on impact, anyone caught within the blast range of 2 SBBs are dealt 15% damage, yet no knockback at all. Fire seems a little more important now, doesn't it?

Down Tilt: Callback(0%)
Bad Girl does a weird "come here" motion with her hand, which is very low on lag. All of her henchmen will now, regardless of what they are doing, rush back to her and form a line directly behind her, assuming she stood still after using this. If down tilt is pressed again, the henchmen go back to seeking out opponents.

Of course, this is a great way to get them out of the way if you want to go in for the kill yourself, but does it serve a different purpose...?

Backward Tilt: The Daily Grind(5%)
Bad Girl reaches behind her laglessy grabbing anyone directly behind her and forcibly drags them in front of her, with them facing forward. They are dealt 5% damage and no knockback.

Now, when I say anyone, I mean foes/minions/clones that are on the stage, including henchmen. This is not only a good way to negate any oncoming attacks from behind, but it also makes that DTilt a lot more intimidating now that she can laglessy put those guys in front of her.

Upward Tilt: Home-Brewed Flamethrower(10%)
Once again taking out that beer can, Bad Girl starts drinking, although this time it's much, much faster. She then holds her head upwards, pulling out her lighter, lights it, and spits. This does 10% per hit, lasts 2 seconds, and deals minimal knockback.

Dashing Attack: Cartwheel
(7%)
Just as the name implies, Bad Girl does a Cartwheel while running. This deals 7% damage and moves her about 1 SBB. She has Superarmor during this attack. This may seem ideal, but there is some heavy lag on the end and she is incapable of dashing afterwards.

Aerials

Forward Aerial: No Crying Over Spilled "Milk"
Bad Girl pulls out that can again and opens it. Instead of drinking it, however, this time she pours it over, spillng it on whoever she may be over at the time. There is enough liquid to cover about 3 SBBs of space, anyone hit with the stuff going into the same state as her Forward Tilt. Unfortunatly, she's not some random goo spreader, so any alchohol that lands on the ground evaporates immediatly.

This is a great way to get any henchmen of yours wet in a hurry, without having to spray them individually.

Downward Aerial: Psychotic Descending(10%)
Bad Girl brings her bat above her head as she...copies the second part of her up special. Yup. She quickly swings her bat downwards descending at the rate of Ike's in great aether, any opponent being dealt 10% damage without the advantage of a sweetspot. Thank god for the ring of fire, so long as you're lit up.

Up Aerial: Helpless
Yes, Bad Girl will literally go into her helpless state when using her Up Aerial. However, she does fastfall when doing this automatically, giving one advantage. Yep, I think someones running out of steam (hippo).

Neutral: Swing(7%)
In the most generic way possible, Bad Girl swings her bat forward, dealing 7% damage and medium knockback to opponents. On the plus side, it's very quick. Sue me for giving bad aerials to a character who's never in the air in her source material.

Backward Aerial: Kick(7%)
This is retty much a backwards version of her forward aerial, so let's not kid ourselves. She kicks backwards, dealing 7% and low knockback to anyone hit. This is very quick and un-laggy. Whoopee, now on to more exciting stuff.

Final Smash: Delusional Fantasy of Blood and Gore​
Bad Girl has gotten the smashball! so what does she do?

Drink.

Yes, with the press of the B button, she pulls out a bottle of whiskey (ooooh, gettin fancy here) and chuggs it. Any henchmen Bad Girl has out will now search for an opponent, grabbing them once they are found. The screen blurs out and we come back to Bad Girl's room (which can be seen in that video) where she in standing like a batter in front of a large Conveyer Belt. Any opponent caught will slowly be dragged down the belt, wearing the same outfit as her henchmen. Bad girl swings, and if the players complete an easy button promt, she hits the opponents head, which flies off and leaves blood spraying everywhere Kill-Bill style. Afterwards, opponents who had been hit are star-ko'd, and Bad Girl first gets up from her sleep animation, to her dizzy animation, and finally back and ready to Brawl.

Playstyle
At first glance, Bad Girl is a campy character with her henhmen being tossed around like baseballs and her few fire projectiles. True enough. She can hang back and let her henchmen do her dirty work and damage the opponent-this is what she excells at, dealing damage-as well as get them behind her in a neat little row to pulverize with her bat. Hell, she can light em on fire and have them asplode and deal more damege. It al counts for ****l unless she can approach the opponent. Opponents won't approach you unless absoloutly neccissary, being scared to hell of that grab of yours, never mind that it's a game of choices to them with you're healing and what heve you. So basically, you're unapproachable and heve what are essentially heat-seeking continuously damaging missles that get stronger the more damaged they are, nevermind that you can set opponents on fire and have a move that increases the strength of nearly all of you're attacks. I'm willing to buy that she has an awesome camping game...except that, oh thats right, she can't KO from afar, since none of her henchmen do any kind of knockback no matter what they do.

So, what do you do? Even though I make them seem useless, you're henchmen are the pride and joy of you're whole game. Abuse them to they're full potential. Don't worry, they love it. This will take some doing, as, unless you're facing a campy/trap character you'll be approached immediatly. Even the grab won't help you here, as they won't have damage and it's laggy as hell on the end. This is the only time that you are advised to play in the air or Jab them to death, other times you are strongly advised to avoid the air at all costs and get out immediatly, unless you're spilling over you're henchmen.

Keep at it with the henchmen, replace them as soon as they are killed, and you will get you're opponents damage up quickly. When you've comfortably gotten them all damaged, you call back you're boys and do away with them by lighting them up and asploding them. Approaching can be easier now, although it's pretty hard since it's all laggy. Try lighting you're opponents on fire to make damage them more, and as they're rolling to put it out, spring a K.O move (which she is not short on) and finish the job. Good luck doing this against traditional campers and trappers like Strangelove or the like, though. Overall, Bad Girl has the disadvantages of a heavyweight without the staying power, so you'll have to play defensive, aggressive, risky, and always paranoid that you're doom may be just around the corner or in the next attack. But hey, that's what makes her such a memorable character, right?

Junahu

Smash Ace
The hats were so specifically focused on because those are actual abilities that he -can- summon at will without interaction with his environment - the way this comment is worded you seem to be implying that I have crap like Vampire Wario in the moveset at random. Fire Wario is only there because of a logical cause being present for it, though you could argue I took liberties with Puffy Wario.

But, y'know, Wario Land Wario is largely known for these transformations as much so as his generic strength, and there are no enemies for him to interact with in Brawl to give him all of his various random powers from the Wario Land games, unless being bitten by Pikachu turns people into vampires now. Because of them being the main memorable thing about the games, I felt that a moveset that didn't care about them would be a disgrace and would be leaving the main 4 Wario Land games behind. You claim that there is some sort of degree of randomness in Wario using these powers, but the reason I featured the hats so heavily was so that they weren't random - the definition of a generic prop is being immediately put away after one move.

As far as his brute strength, there's plenty of that in the set too - Wario doesn't actually do all that much generic punching and prefers to spam his shoulder charge and throw things to actually do damage to stuff. As well as, y'know, use his power ups.

So that just leaves the set being overly complicated for Wario's playstyle, in which case I will point out that Wario is not some mindless silent protagonist like Mario and has functioning brain cells. If that's not enough for you, Wario is also a co asshole who massively underestimates his enemies and is perfectly willing to go grab more gold. I also thought I did the character a massive service by making him so offensive and making him very rarely actively set up traps.
I wouldn't dream of implying that you threw Wario forms about all willy nilly. In fact, the fact you restrained yourself so much in this area is one of the main things I respect about this moveset. I also adore how you can grab the foe and literally slam them right down into a pitfall trap. That really brings across Wario's 'hands on' approach.

I guess in the end, my complaining boils down to me not liking the hat powerups from Super Mario Land 3. Or, more specifically, I don't like the way that it always seems like you're controlling the hat, rather than Wario himself. Bull Hat works well with Wario's Brutishness, but the other two don't seem to say anything about his obnoxious, greedy character.

Personally, I would have preferred a Midbus style 'simple set' for Wario. But I must emphasise that I do not hate Wario Land Wario.

I was a little aprehensive about the fire trap that sets people on fire, because it's a property unique to that one fire hitbox... in a moveset that has four other fire attacks. It brings to mind Weston's 'special' ice, because if you and everyone else starts throwing out fire attacks, then it stops being logical that ONLY this one attack sets the foe alight.
I would have suggested that the trap act just as a normal fire hitbox, with the added creveat that Wario himself ignites whenever he touches any fire hitbox.

The puffy head form too, I feel Wario should be able to cancel out of it into freefall. I know that's not how it works in the games, but the move sounds like it would easily annoy beginner players who either trigger it accidentally, or try to recover with it without aiming for the ledge. It just comes across as an arbitrary limitation

Deadpool:

This crazy guy represents an excellent chance to poke fun at MYMing convention, with ludicrous potential to break the forth wall. As such, this moveset plays itself far too 'straight', with the only crazy elements not lifted straight from MvC3 coming from the taunts, which were excellent.
This is not to say that there are any functional problems with the moveset at all, it's just that it doesn't 'feel' as energetic or as spontaneous as the character you tried to present.

Incidentally, I made the Etna/Prinny moveset in MYM8, and I think it's great that you're considering making some Disgaea movesets

Mr Freeze:
Immediately I should remind everyone not to use intense shades of blue as the main font color, because it renders the moveset difficult to read, which in turn makes the reader less inclined to put any effort into understanding it.
I like how you eschewed the typical attack-to-attack synergy, in favour of a more 'toolbelt' moveset. It's a refreshing change of pace, even if it doesn't feel like you really pulled it off. The key problem is that a fair few of the moves don't feel defined enough to perform any specific utility on their own.
The vast majority of the attacks are visually well crafted, and show a good deal of thought went into how Mr Freeze's attacks look. Though the fact that there isn't synergy between the attacks makes the moves themselves sound dry.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Time for a guaranteed 1st Place now!

FAN

An item made by taking thick paper, folding it accordion-style, taping one end, and fanning out the other. It's mainly used as a comedic prop by comedians from Osaka and the Kansai region of Japan. This battering item deals many small hits (usually around 2% for each time you press A) and can be used to KO others by simply throwing. Its ability to suck in opponents combine its rapid rate of fire makes it incredibly easy for one character to trap another in a flurry of rapid fan attacks. The Fan is quite effective as a shield breaker, and it works well at... wait a second. This doesn't go with the MYMini's theme at all. Where was this broken item at any of the convention? I want my time back.

Sorry about this entry. I be right back with the actual entry in 3...

1...​

FAN

So maybe you didn't see this in Nintendo's press conference. That's because this shot for the Paper Mario 3DS was probably shown near the demo areas in E3. Still, this item was shown to the world in E3 (or at least the date), so let's get started.

This Paper Fan, unlike the other one mentioned above, is not in the category of battering items; instead, it acts like a performance item, specifically similar to the timer and lightning bolt in Brawl. Whenever the character grabs this item, the fan will turn on and all the other characters will rise up in the air at different heights based on their weight (low weight = high height). They will then move left and right at regular intervals depending on where their position on stage is at: the closer the character is at the center of the stage at in the beginning, the less time it takes to them to move left and right, and vice versa. This item lasts ten seconds before slowing down to the calm wind the stage had beforehand. During the ten seconds, characters caught in the cyclone can still use their aerials and specials (if they don't need the ground to perform them) but cannot move in any direction other than the steady left & right movement and the knockback from other characters. Like the Lightning Bolt and Timer, the Fan can backfire on the user by making him/her be the only one affected by the item.

One other note about this item: The item will always appear on screen looking like another item: the sticker. This sounds like a simple way to promote getting as many stickers as possible, as chances are that at least one would be this deadly item. However, once you take the fan for yourself, every sticker you collected in that match will sadly disappear. What a sad, cruel life.​

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Geto's 1st MYMX set and his 2nd NMH Set

Mmmmm, I didn't quite expect a set from you...at all. But now you've made one, which is pretty fun and all. I don't like to comment on anything because I'm not the type to condemn people for what they do and because it takes up too much time when you could be pondering on a new set, but anyone who posts their first set on the first page is probably asking for a comment. From anyone, even myself I suppose. (because everyone is too busy commenting on Wario, which isn't a bad thing. It just means I hate you for now.)

Something I find prevailing in your sets is how simplistic they are. You seem to have a tendency to sit on a formulated idea and echo it with the simpler inputs, such as with the D-air. Some would probably condemn you for not branching out further than you do, but your approach is a extremely simplistic one that makes the set a smooth and easy read (and why I can be bothered to comment). Dammmit now it sounds like I know what I'm saying...

Aside from randomly pondering on your style of setting I reckon you've done a great job interpreting Bad Girl into Smash. Conveyed quite nicely with the Down Special and Grab mindgame that makes enemies paranoid to attack Bad Girl; though once she starts getting healed from her Down Special enemies will know that they can attack her. What if you increased the mindgame potential so that Bad Girl heals damage from her Down Special AFTER she exits the state? This way enemies won't know whether she's using her Grab or Down Special.

I don't know whether you forgot it or not, though I don't think you've ever mentioned the F-tilt's effect of setting a character on fire throughout the set. It seems kinda important with the F-air and all. I'd kinda assume it's a poison type effect that racks damage on characters so it helps with the damaging effect of the minions.

It would be pretty cool if you could make more sets, with how easy they are to read. It would also help on your long road to the top 50, because that great feeling of getting on there after a long struggle is always great. Perhaps there's a kind of character who you'd be able to incorporate well into a set with your style of movesetting? Maybe a character with a condensed style of fighting or doing things? I'm not too sure; that kind of thinking isn't really developed.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd appreciate some feedback on my moveset for Sho. And I'd also appreciate it if it got graded individually, not compared to the really good one. xD

And, I'm already at work on my next one. Be prepared for THE most annoying taunt mechanic you'll ever see.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
SHO
I hope this doesn't lose any meaning, considering I've said it several times before, but it's always great to have newcomers join our contest. I've seen Sho pulled off before throughout MYM history, and without comparing your version to them, I want to say, briefly, that I believe yours is the most complete and up-to-date. I enjoy the properties of his Noise, and how Sho is able to use his attacks to interact with them in the course of battle. However, it's a big no-no to have his most defining move within the set (Neutral Special) randomly call out one Noise from nine.

Not only is nine an obscene number of minions, but the randomness of the minion that appears allows for little strategic gameplay, which should be a focus, considering Sho is an intellectual character. Also, while Brawl sets have a few merits in their own way, MYM sets generally turn to more unique properties in their attacks, rather than unique animations. Although it is entertaining to read about Sho doing breakdancing kicks, many would say your priority should be giving the move new properties, rather than making them over-the-top. Sho is great for a first set, but I would suggest you take a look at the moves (and BBCode) of existing sets, and rework your taunting character to have more flow and more originality.

BAD GIRL
I enjoy this set for the most part, but primarily because of its individual moves, rather than how they piece together to form a playstyle. However, I think you're relying a bit much on the shock factor, rather than playstyle in the set. I went through this phase as well, with characters like YTP Arthur throwing poo and jacking off to attack. However, once a reader gets over the drinking, clobbering, torturing aspect of Bad Girl, there's little left to comprehend, much like YTP Arthur (who was passed off as a simple mid-weight Snake). First off, as Kat said, the initial set needed damage percents. That needs no explanation. Also, I find it odd that her minons, one of her most important assets, are confined to Down Smash, rather than as a special. Thankfully, Bad Girl actually has some semblance of playstyle, although it differentiates itself very little from those of other simple minion/summons sets. I would prefer more unique interactions with any future minion sets of yours, considering we've seen plenty of sets where one character lights another (or himself) on fire...most recently and notably, Wario. It's great to see the effort you're putting forth with these sets, however...I sound negative, but the progress you've made since last contest is palpable. I hope to see the character you've displayed in Bad Girl in your future sets, albeit with its direction focused in a different direction.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Geto's 1st MYMX set and his 2nd NMH Set

Mmmmm, I didn't quite expect a set from you...at all. But now you've made one, which is pretty fun and all. I don't like to comment on anything because I'm not the type to condemn people for what they do and because it takes up too much time when you could be pondering on a new set, but anyone who posts their first set on the first page is probably asking for a comment. From anyone, even myself I suppose. (because everyone is too busy commenting on Wario, which isn't a bad thing. It just means I hate you for now.)

Something I find prevailing in your sets is how simplistic they are. You seem to have a tendency to sit on a formulated idea and echo it with the simpler inputs, such as with the D-air. Some would probably condemn you for not branching out further than you do, but your approach is a extremely simplistic one that makes the set a smooth and easy read (and why I can be bothered to comment). Dammmit now it sounds like I know what I'm saying...

Aside from randomly pondering on your style of setting I reckon you've done a great job interpreting Bad Girl into Smash. Conveyed quite nicely with the Down Special and Grab mindgame that makes enemies paranoid to attack Bad Girl; though once she starts getting healed from her Down Special enemies will know that they can attack her. What if you increased the mindgame potential so that Bad Girl heals damage from her Down Special AFTER she exits the state? This way enemies won't know whether she's using her Grab or Down Special.

I don't know whether you forgot it or not, though I don't think you've ever mentioned the F-tilt's effect of setting a character on fire throughout the set. It seems kinda important with the F-air and all. I'd kinda assume it's a poison type effect that racks damage on characters so it helps with the damaging effect of the minions.

It would be pretty cool if you could make more sets, with how easy they are to read. It would also help on your long road to the top 50, because that great feeling of getting on there after a long struggle is always great. Perhaps there's a kind of character who you'd be able to incorporate well into a set with your style of movesetting? Maybe a character with a condensed style of fighting or doing things? I'm not too sure; that kind of thinking isn't really developed.
Firstly, thank you for the comment, Kat! (although I'm not sure why you didn't think I was going to post a set...maybe because I'm really late on posting? Lol)

I suppose first I should address that grab/down special thIng. I think I should point out that she does not heal until after she exits the state, and the healing is nullified if she is attacked before she gets up.

The fire...damn I did forget to put the damage percents in, didn't I? I suppose I should go edit those in. No one else will notice because I'm almost 100% certain that you are the only one who's read the set. I should really get these things proofread.

Other than that, yeah, thanks for the positive comment. I'm not expecting much other positive feedback.

majora_787

Smash Hero
SHO
I hope this doesn't lose any meaning, considering I've said it several times before, but it's always great to have newcomers join our contest. I've seen Sho pulled off before throughout MYM history, and without comparing your version to them, I want to say, briefly, that I believe yours is the most complete and up-to-date. I enjoy the properties of his Noise, and how Sho is able to use his attacks to interact with them in the course of battle. However, it's a big no-no to have his most defining move within the set (Neutral Special) randomly call out one Noise from nine.

Not only is nine an obscene number of minions, but the randomness of the minion that appears allows for little strategic gameplay, which should be a focus, considering Sho is an intellectual character. Also, while Brawl sets have a few merits in their own way, MYM sets generally turn to more unique properties in their attacks, rather than unique animations. Although it is entertaining to read about Sho doing breakdancing kicks, many would say your priority should be giving the move new properties, rather than making them over-the-top. Sho is great for a first set, but I would suggest you take a look at the moves (and BBCode) of existing sets, and rework your taunting character to have more flow and more originality.
I'm... certainly not a newcomer. I have participated in quite a few of these. :3 If you'd like a history of Majora in Make Ya' Moves, then here ya go...

MYM 3: I made Skull Kid in a Twilight Princess version! I consider this one of my greatest movesets. I then made movesets for the Death Sword miniboss, Meta Ridley, an original character named Guardian 787, Sylux, the Twilight Princess Darknut, and another OC named Ramses.

MYM 4: Kiba and Akamaru tagteam from Naruto, Light Suit Samus, a reworked Dark Link, Ghor, and Zero-Two... with mind control! Possibly my best work!

MYM 5: Camus. This was my temporary retirement moveset.

So, this is moveset number... 14 for me, and my... fourth Make Your Move. I actually promised to have Minamimoto done back in MYM 6, and had it almost done for MYM 7, but forgot about it. Hee hee.

And the one I'm working on now... Let's just say I'll be using a lot of pre-existing material for this moveset.

But thanks for the feedback! :D

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sorry about the double post!! ^^; But uhh... I didn't want all of that text in the last post over my moveset.

< >< ><> T A O K A K A <>< ><>
Kaka Clan Warrior

Taokaka is a respected warrior of the Kaka clan, and is attempting to apprehend Ragna the Bloodedge and use the bounty to secure a new home-land for the Kaka. She wants to get back the sky above her village, which was sealed off. She was sent by the Elder to retrieve the bounty on Ragna's head, becoming a vigilante in the process. Despite this resolve, she is considerably food-obsessed and forgetful, often falling asleep on a whim, becoming hungry moments after a meal, or forgetting details moments after hearing them.

She relies on her inborn instincts as opposed to a trained fighting style, and she naturally uses seithr, even without a formal education as to how. Her hands and feet also have large retractable metal claws. What's more, these claws seem to change slightly depending on what attack she wants to do at the time; even though they seem to default as curved, knife-sized flat metal blades, they can also appear as serrated saws, "can-opener" style hooks, or even more ornate blades that resemble arrowheads. What she lacks in strength, she makes up for in agility and speed and extreme mobility, wailing on her opponents and catching them off guard with lightning fast, unpredictable maneuvers and techniques.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

< >< ><> R U N D O W N < >< ><>

Size: 5.5 out of 10.0 Medium. Tao couldn't be considered much larger than peach.
Weight: 4.4 out of 10.0 Light mid-weight.
Walk Speed: 3.0 out of 10.0 Pretty slow... Really taking it easy.
Run Speed: 9.0 out of 10.0 Fast is an understatement.
First Jump Height: 5.0 out of 10.0 It's okay, being a pretty standard jump.
Second Jump Height: 4.5 out of 10.0 It's... worse. Hopefully, she has a better...
Recovery Height: 7.0 out of 10.0 Well, alright. This is overall. Horizontal recovery would be more of a 9.0 out of 10.
Priority: 3.0 out of 10.0 She's more speed than power. But her priority does go up at a specific point...
Traction: 3.5 out of 10.0 Let's just say, she skids to a stop.
Fall Speed: 8.0 out of 10.0 She falls pretty quickly...
Air Movement: 7.5 out of 10.0 Tao's air movements are nothing special... However, her aerial attacks are another story.

Crawl: Yes
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

< >< ><> D R A W N B L O O D < >< ><>

Taokaka's movesets come in two types... the "Kitten Stuff", or claws-in attacks that don't involve her blades of pain... or, the Claw attacks that do.

When Tao uses claw attacks, her movement speed is a little slower, but her attacks to less knockback, allowing her to string together tilts to rack up damage. When Tao does enough hits in a row on an opponent, she enters a state for a limited time that makes her attack faster. This state ends after a couple of seconds, unless Tao can get another ten-hit combo on the opponent!

You are forced to restart if you are hit, if you use a claws-in attack, or if you take too long to get your ten hits. You have juuust enough time to get that ten hits, so you had better be fast!

< >< ><> I S M E L L F O O D ! < >< ><>

Taokaka can, at lower percentages, sometimes get distracted. She may stop mid-action to look around, saying "I smell food!". She is not vulnerable during this, however, it will interrupt whatever it was you were doing, even the Drawn Blood combo. The lower your damage, the more often this happens.

However, should your damage get too high without being knocked out... as in, over 200 damage, Taokaka will occasionally hunch over, saying "I feel... weak...". During this, she does not flinch, but is vulnerable to any and all damage inflicted on her. The more damage you take, the more often this happens.

Because of these distractions, it is advised that you keep Tao's damage in a safe middle range to prevent distractions.

< >< ><> K I T T E N S T U F F < >< ><>

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A
Smack
3%
Tao will rapidly flail her paw around, smacking the opponent.There is very little knockback. This is a claws-in attack.

Dash Attack
Squiggly Galaxy
4%
Tao will slide to a stop, and make a "hadouken" motion with her hands. This isn't a projectile, but the move is a claws-out attack that has surprisingly high knockback. Using this also allows Tao to stop quicker while running.

Up Tilt
Fly Swatter
2%
Tao will quickly swat the air above her twice, each hit dealing 2% damage. It knocks the opponent slightly into the air, with no horizontal knockback. This is a claws-in attack.

Side Tilt
Body Slam
5%
Tao will ram her torso into the opponent. It does some knockback, but not much. This... isn't a claw attack at all.

Down Tilt
Ankle Swat
3%
Tao will crouch down and swat at her opponent's ankles. This has a chance to trip the opponent, should they be at higher damages.

Ledge Attack (Strong)
Gougey Gougey
3%
Tao will jump up just over the ledge and stab her claws harshly forward, sticking anyone standing by or on it. It has a long reach, but not very high knockback. It counts as claws-out, however.

Ledge Attack (Weak)
Charge!
1%
Tao will slide onto the stage in a kick, sending opponents behind her and off the ledge.

< >< ><> T H E C L A W S A R E O U T < >< ><>

Forward Smash
Cat Spirit One
2%
Taokaka reaches back and begins scissoring her claws together rapidly. Each time the opponent is hit, they take 2%. This is a claws-out attack, and does very little knockback.

Up Smash
Leg Drop
13%
Taokaka does a frontflip, sweeping her ankle over her and down on whatever is immediately in front of her. This isn't a claw attack.

Down Smash
Floor Grind
15%
Taokaka crouches down and curls around before sliding her claws along the floor around her. This move is claws-out, but does more knockback than other claws-out moves, as well as more knockback. It is recommended that you use it toward the end of your Drawn Blood combo.

< >< ><> A I R C A T < >< ><>

Up Aerial
Speed!
7%
Tao leaps a short distance upwards. This can be used to very slightly increase recovery. It's not a claw move.

Forward Aerial
Scissors
2%
Tap leans back and scissors her claws together in the opponent's face.

Back Aerial
Backhander
2%
Tao extends her claws on her left arm and swings it absentmindedly behind her in midair. This qualifies as a claw attack, but is quite slow, and does not do much knockback. However, this attack has more priority than most of her other attacks, and can intercept a lot of aerial assaults from behind.

Down Aerial
Claw Drill
6%
Tao flips upside-down, clasps her claws together, and drills downward quickly. The attack sucks opponents in and does six rapid hits for 1% each. It is a claws-out attack.

Neutral Aerial
Tao Chopper
11%
Tao pulls back and spins around with one claw out. The attack keeps her in the air a little longer during its performance, but has enough knockback to prevent a second hit on any one opponent. It is claws-out.

< >< ><> C L I N G I N G < >< ><>

Grab
Forced Friendship
No Damage (Yet!)
Tao leans forward and stretches her arms out, giving her grab farther reach than most people expect. She grabs her opponent firmly by the shoulders, extending her claws at the same time. Her face, needless to say, is one of a little too much anticipation.

Pummel
Scratching Post
2%
Tao presses close and begins to drag her claws violently down her opponent's back. The attack counts as claws-out, however, it is too slow to be used effectively in a Drawn Blood combo.

Up Throw
Bicycle
13%
Tao grabs her opponent, begins to flip backwards, throws the opponent, and begins to bicycle kick them from the floor before kicking them straight up. This is not a claw attack.

Forward Throw
Feral Headbutt
11%
Tao jumps up, placing her feet on her opponent's shoulder blades, and rams her head right into her opponent's, sending them a ways away. This isn't a claw attack.

Back Throw
Tapioca!
4%
Tao jumps up onto her opponent's shoulders, and kicks off of the back of their head. This does the least damage, but the most knockback of all of her throws.

Down Throw
This Is For the Tuna!
9%
Tao shoves the opponent down and claws them several times before getting off. This is a far shorter, far weaker version of her Final Smash.

< >< ><> K A K A C L A N S P E C I A L T Y < >< ><>

Neutral B
Kitty Litter Special
Roughly 5-20%, depending on the projectile and when it hits the opponent.
Taokaka pulls out a random object and throws it at the opponent.

Fish bones are weak projectiles, but they have a low arc and go in a pretty straight line.

Apple cores are stronger projectiles, but have a very high arc and are difficult to aim.

Bowling balls are the strongest projectile. Tao essentially drops it at her feet and it rolls along the ground. It deals a whopping 20% damage, should she be lucky enough to pull a bowling ball out and directly into her opponent's face.

Side B
Cat Spirit Three
16%
Tao winds up a punch and meteor-smashes her opponent into the floor. It does low knockback, unless the opponent has high enough damage to be bounced off of the floor.

Up B
Dancing Edge
22%
Tao ducks down and charges briefly before shooting in a diagonal direction in whichever way she is facing. The angle can be adjusted slightly, but the trajectory is usually relatively low. This is technically a claws-out attack if it hits, but has high knockback.

Down B
Almost Becoming Two
0%
Taokaka makes a copy of herself. The copy will follow her exact movements, making her attacks essentially do double damage for a limited time.

The copy cannot be defeated, but will disappear after roughly 8 to 9 seconds. Knockback is not changed; only damage done, and only if both hits connect.

During the final smash, this attack is a little different; the duplicate will run around the stage and deal its own damage! It won't have or be able to use Drawn Blood, but it won't go away over time; your opponent will have to beat 100% damage into it. Keep note of this! Also, this will double your combo rate for Drawn Blood combos!

<>< ><> L A S T R E S O R T <>< ><>

Final Smash
I'mma Beat the Crap Outta You!
150%
Tao lunges onto her opponent and pins them to the ground, clawing them wildly for 40 hits in a row. This being a claws-out attack, the Drawn Blood mechanic applies to the final smash... The combo will deal 10 damage, then 20 damage, then 40 damage, then 80 damage, before throwing the opponent into the air. After the final smash, Tao will then have 10 seconds of a level 4 Drawn Blood combo remaining to use on her opponent, who will have most likely survived the low knockback throw.

<>< ><> K A K A S T Y L E <>< ><>

Taokaka is a high-speed character that rivals the entirety of the roster, and then goes faster. However, despite her speed, her style has nothing to do with keeping distance and running until her opponent messes up: She runs right in and fights it out.

And despite how that sounds, this is actually important. She may not look like a damage sponge, but she has to be anyway. Should her damage get too high or too low, she will either be distracted by the battle being to easy or too difficult. This of course makes it harder to use her moves, and can even cancel your Final Smash.

The goal is, of course, to try to pull claw attacks off quickly, so that Taokaka can move faster and attack more often in the same span of time. However, considering that her claw moves are shorter than Marth's reach still, she won't be shocking anyone with her range of motion.

Projectile users are, surprisingly, a minimal problem. Taokaka is able to close most gaps with her speed and maneuverability. And then comes the hard part: attacking. Tao has very few KO moves, considering her attacks tend to either be fast claw attacks with no knockback, or weak paw slaps with no knockback.

This leaves her to essentially KO opponents with throws.

When fighting a slow and powerful character, not unlike Ganondorf, it's not always smart for Taokaka to run into their open arms and get Warlock Punch'd into the stratosphere. Instead, it may be better to use her own projectiles to warm the opponent up before going in for some attacks, and backing off quickly.

Her Almost Becoming Two special attack can add some confusion to what exactly is happening in her attack pattern for the short time it lasts, but it's not a good idea to use this move constantly, because eventually your opponent will get smart and begin to punish Taokaka in the startup time.

Tao's final smash does a lot of damage to the opponent, but doesn't finish them in a conventional way. They have high damage, and are now stuck in a fight with a +4 attack speed Taokaka (which is the equivalent to 2x attack speed if you're wondering.) Not only that, her moves actually gain knockback at the end of Tao's combos, making her pretty dangerous at close range.

< >< ><> I N S T I N C T S < >< ><>

Idle Animation

Tao swings her arms from side to side, as if dancing to music in her head. (Wouldn't surprise anyone...) Occasionally, her ears will twitch, and she'll turn around to look behind her.

Sleep Animation

Tao will lay down on her back and snore loudly. As it happens, she's pretty safe from several attacks, being very low to the ground while sleeping.

Shield Animation

Tao will put one arm up in front of her, putting her other arm up to support it.

Forward Roll

Tao will duck down and dash forward, skidding along the ground on all fours.

Backward Roll

Tao will jump back, twirling in a circle at the same time.

Air Dodge

Tao will shift into the background, putting her hands over her head before falling back down

Dizzy Animation

Tao will hunch over like in her high damage distraction, and will stumble around a little, groaning.

Ledge Grabbing Animation

Tao holds onto the ledge with both hands, her feet coming up to grip the underside/flat side of the ledge.

Ledge Return Animation (Strong)

Tao will roll up onto the stage before performing an automatic forward roll.

Ledge Return Animation (Weak)

Tao will slowly crawl up onto the stage, out of breath.

Stage Entry

Tao will appear off the stage, with her face close to the camera. She says "Interesting!" before leaping down to her starting spot from off the left side of the screen.

Character Select

When selected on the character select screen, Tao makes the sound of her claws extending, and says "I can do it!"

< >< ><> T H E D I F F E R E N C E I S Q U I T E C L E A R ! < >< ><>

Tao has a couple of taunt mechanics that are something to take note of! First off, all three of her taunts do the same thing... a light 'boxing' motion with her fists. This attack does damage, about 1% if both punches hit. Also, her punches have a chance of knocking her opponent over if they have noticeably more damage than she does. However, what she says during each taunt is another thing entirely.

Her taunts are different for each character, depending on specific traits. Characters that use their team colors as defaults get their own taunts...

Red Team: "Hey, hey! Do ya know Red Lady? Do ya?"
Green Team: "Uh oh... Not another Green Guy..."
Blue: "I'm gonna call you Bluey~!"

Other characters get other random taunts, such as "Fluffy Wuffy", and "Did ya eat lunch?"

Up taunt will apply to Player 2, Side taunts will apply to Player 3, and Down taunt will apply to Player 4.

Victory Animation 1

Tao is sitting on the left side of the screen and slowly sliding down, while saying "Sticky!"

Victory Animation 2

Tao does some overdramatized boxing moves, saying "The difference is quite clear!"

Victory Animation 3

Tao is curled up in a ball sleeping...

Loss pose

Tao sulks in the corner in a pose similar to her high damage distraction. She says "Aww... did Tao... lose?" quietly in the background.

< >< ><> O T H E R S T U F F < >< ><>

Kirby Hat

Kirby wears Tao's hood, and his face looks identical to hers, with a wide toothy smile and red eyes. With this hood, he gets to perform the Kitty Litter Special!

Unlock Criteria

- Max out the combo meter in Training Mode, and then defeat Taokaka.

Okay. There's Taokaka. :3 My latest moveset.

Could someone help me out with making a MYM roster sig that would link to each of my individual movesets? I have no idea how to do that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm... certainly not a newcomer. I have participated in quite a few of these. :3 If you'd like a history of Majora in Make Ya' Moves, then here ya go...
Ooh, sorry about that. I have blocked most of MYM5 and earlier out of my mind, due to my poor showings in those contests. Plus, those were the days when there were so many users out there, it was hard to keep track of everyone. Glad you've returned, anyhow.

Junahu

Smash Ace
MYmini entry yaaay

:bee::bee: Lego Guns :bee::bee:
[Lego City Stories]

These randomly come in submachine, and pistol varieties, but they are both technically the same item (in regards to the item options menu at least). As you may expect, lego guns work like... well, guns. The Pistol handles like a Ray Gun, and the sub-machine gun is much like a Super Scope, including the ability to rapid-fire. Both guns have an ordinary shot, and a charged shot which is achieved in the same manner you'd make a charged super scope blast.

So blah blah blah, what do these guns do? When fired, they shoot tiny red lego bricks on a heavy arc. While the bricks will quickly drop to the floor, they do hang around for a while, allowing anyone to pick one up and chuck it at anyone else. Regardless of how it happens, if a lego brick collides with a foe, it will cling to them, dealing 1% damage and slightly reducing their movement speed and jump height for 5 seconds. These bricks can cling to the foe en mass, stacking their individually weak effects until the foe is almost entirely immobile. If the foe is struck by an attack while they have lego clinging to them, a few bricks may fall off early, moreso if the attack was particularly brutal.

By the way, if one lego brick hits another, they will click together, essentially combining the two into one handy throwable lump. doing so also increases the damage the bricks will do when tossed into an opponent. If you connect many bricks in this way, the lump will become so large that it becomes as heavy as a crate, and starts dealing roughly as much knockback as one too.

If the player charges up a shot from the lego gun, it comes out as a slowly moving mass of lego bricks, orbiting around themselves like a miniature solar system. This projectile meanders forth until it leaves the screen or hits an opponent. In the latter case, it will (after dealing 14% damage) turn the foe into a statuette made of lego bricks. Foes in this state will helplessly plummet to the ground. If they fall from great enough a height, the impact will shatter the statue, releasing the foe but dealing another 14% damage in the process. If, on the other hand, the statue remains intact after landing on the floor, the foe will need to mash buttons in order to break out of it from the inside. Until then, the trapped foe is immune to attacks and grabs. You can prolong the time the foe spends in their lego cocoon, by shooting it with a few regular shots from the lego gun.

Lego guns have a random alottment of ammo, between 14 and 18 shots, or between 2 and 3 charged shots. Use them wisely and creatively

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I think you forgot to add that it's one of the most painful things to step on in the game :p

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey, half the roster wears shoes. xD And Bowser probably... Actually, nevermind.

EDIT: Sigh... I need more ideas, or I'll never make the Top 50. <_<" Hmm... Does anyone have a suggestion for a franchise I could look into?

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Incidentally, I made the Etna/Prinny moveset in MYM8, and I think it's great that you're considering making some Disgaea movesets
I happen to come across that page. Can't believe you made such a detailed moveset for Etna. But since you already made one for Etna, I might as well go for Flonne and Laharl.

Anyways, I find making Deadpool's moveset to be easier than Marona's moveset. This is because his moveset is slightly inspired by his appearance in MvC3, a game that have complex movesets for each character (and some characters have more than four "special" attacks). That allows me to make Deadpool's moveset by taking some elements from MvC3 and incorporating it into the Super Smash Bros. mechanics. The hardest part on making Deadpool's moveset is incorporating his Fourth-wall Crisis hyper combo in MvC3 into the Super Smash Bros mechanics because the HUD from MvC3 is much different than the SSBB HUD.

Marona's moveset was harder because I was trying incorporate her "confine" ability from Phantom Brave into the Super Smash Bros mechanic. Not to mention, there isn't really a fixed skill set since it's a tRPG that allows a lot of item and skill customization.

Anyways, as promised, here is the damage list from Marona's attacks with a bit more detail. To see her moveset I've made, look at my earlier post.

Specials
  • Wind Blast: 16-19% damage. Capable of one-hit instant meteor smash KO at any percent damage.
  • Chartreuse Orb: 9% damage when not charged. 24% damage fully charged with great knockback.
  • Putty headbutt attack from the Confine ability: 7% damage
  • Bottlemail punch attack from the Confine ability: 3% damage

Normal Atacks
  • Dash attack: 4% with virtually no knockback.
  • AAA normal attack: 1%, 1%, and 2% damage
  • Side attack: 6% damage, pulled of very fast with no ending lag
  • Down attack: 2% damage, 2% damage, and 1% damage for eaach repeating low kick. Capable of locking someone at place for a while for building up damage similar to Mr. Game and Watch and Kirby's neutral attacks.
  • Up attack: 5% damage. can be pulled of fast and useful for juggling.

Smash attacks
  • Side Smash: 7-12% damage with very, very small knockback (can't even KO someone around at 150% damage. You're better off using her up smash as her killing move.
  • Up Smash: fixed 32% damage. charging the attack will just make her throw the rock higher. Also very laggy.
  • Down Smash: 7-9% damage. Again, not a good KO move

Aerials:

• Neutral aerial: total of 6% damage
  • Forward aerial: 24% damage if sweetspoted within the first second, 5% of sourspotted.
  • Up aerial: 15% damage
  • Back aerial: 26% damage if sweetspotted within the first second, 3% of sourspotted.
  • Down aerial: 3% damage :p

Throws:
  • Pummel: 1% damage
  • Forward: 11% damage with some moderate knockback
  • Back: 4% damage
  • Down: Flower effect for two seconds, totaling 5-7% damage
  • Up: 5% damage. Good with an up tilt followup.

Final Smash:
Putties deal around 12% damage when they contact the opponent while Bottlemails deal 9% damage when they contact the opponent. This Final Smash is supposed to be similar to King Dedede's Final Smash.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
You shoils edit that into the original moveset.

:phone:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MYmini Week #6: Super Sakurai Bros. 4
(June 12th-18th)

During last week’s E3, Smash Brothers 4 was announced, joy of all joys. The confirmed information we have on it is that it’s coming out on two platforms, meaning that one version will inevitably drag down the other, that Gamecube controllers are not supported, and that our beloved Masahiro Sakurai who handled the previous games in the series so well is back in control. It’s shaping up to be a great game indeed.

This week’s mini requires you to make an event match, but the characters you are allowed to include in the event match are restricted to a handful of the likeliest SSB4 newcomer candidates and all of the characters in Brawl. At least one newcomer must be present in your event match. The list of available characters is as follows:

• Bowser Jr.
  • Paper Mario
  • King K. Rool
  • Tingle
  • *Zoroark/Victini (Cannot be in same event match)
  • Mewtwo
  • Ridley
  • *Caeda/Roy/Lyndis/Hector/Eliwood/Black Knight/Sigurd/etc (Cannot be in same event match)
  • Isaac
  • Tom Nook
  • Starfy
  • Little Mac
  • Mega Man
  • *Simon Belmont/Dracula (Cannot be in same event match)
  • Mach Rider

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
BLAST-O-MATIC
Event Description: The Blast-O-Matic is almost ready! Keep those infernal Kongs at bay while it charges!
Event Music: A fast-paced rock remix of Crocodile Island.

This event match has you playing as a two stock King K. Rool in a battle against Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, both of whom have unlimited stocks and attack far more aggressively then a level 9 AI. The event takes place on the shores of DK Island, DK Island's layout being completely identical to the island segment in Delfino Plaza, with obvious background changes. The main difference here is that Crocodile Island (As seen in the picture at the top of the mini) floats in the water alongside DK Island, being tall enough to cover the entire right blast zone. You can stand on this structure, making it somewhat easy to defend from it.

While at first this may seem like a typical match, the odd behavior of the Kongs and the notably ominous timer counting down from 3 Minutes at the top of the screen would indicate otherwise. That's when you realize, they're not trying to attack you, they're trying to attack Crocodile Island!

Once the timer reaches 0, a compartment on the large K-Rool shaped island will open as K. Rool laughs madly. A laser is fired from the compartment as DK Island is completely obliterated, giving you the Event Match win. On normal, Crocodile Island has about 400% stamina, it being lowered or raised per difficult level. The Kongs constantly attempt to attack Crocodile Island, a common strategy here is for Diddy to focus on attacking you and Donkey focusing his efforts on the island. If you lose both your stocks here, the event ends, so they will not hesitate to attack you once it becomes increasingly obvious that the Blast-O-Matic will go off. Stay on your toes and get rid of those pesky Kongs once and for all!

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Time for something unrelated; Guess what I just finished reading.

DERRY, MAINE

Derry is the central location in the fantastic Stephen King novel, It. In the book, Derry is a relatively normal town that turns into chaos every 27 years. Why? A shapeshifting monster refereed to as "It" by The Loser's Club, hibernates underneath the town, awakening to embark on a childkilling spree every few years. This isn't well-known outside of Derry as it's implied that It's influence has corrupted the town. This is indeed true, as upon the death of It, a large part of the town is completely wiped out in a massive storm. Seeing how this is his feeding ground, it's only fitting that this is Pennywise's home stage.

The stage itself takes place on an unnamed street in Derry, specifically, the one where Pennywise kills Georgie. In the background, you can see the homes that overlook these streets; if you squint hard enough, you can barely make out a large wooded area known as the Barrens beyond these houses. The stage is grounded, about 15 SBBs long with a high blast ceiling. Rain constantly falls onto the ground here, forming a current that the characters are constantly fighting in. Standing idle here will cause the current to start moving you automatically towards the center of the stage as though you were on one of Stage Builder's conveyor belts. What's in the center of the stage? Why, a stormdrain of course...

The stormdrain is the length of 4 SBBs, and can be stood on by players. Standing on the drain for too long though can be fatal, as if you stand on it for more then 2 seconds, a decrypt green hand will pop out of the drain, grabbing onto your leg. Your speed is halved and it's extremely difficult to jump away while the hand has you in it's grasp. If you do not escape after another 3 seconds, the hand will drag you down in the sewer for an instant KO. Naturally, this cannot happen to Pennywise. In fact, this is beneficial to Pennywise: If Pennywise walks up to a foe grabbed by the hand, he will automatically grab them without the need for his party horn. Of course, if you want to drag them with the horn, Pennywise can grab them out of it as well. The hand retracts back into the sewers after Pennywise grabs them or they are grabbed by the horn.

This is not the only thing the sewer drain does, however, every 2 seconds, a balloon about the size of Kirby will attempt to burst from the drain. 75% of the time, it will succeed, the other 25% of the time it will explode into a puddle of blood that functions identically to Pennywise's popped balloons, tripping foes or covering them. This blood remains for a second before sinking into the drain. Balloons that survive will float towards the top of the blast zone at a slow rate, meaning that the stage will practically be covered with Balloons. Balloons can be stood on as makeshift platforms, stopping their floating at once. The Balloons can be popped once they take 10% damage, exploding into blood droplets that fall down to the ground at Ganon's falling speed. Anyone hit by the droplets will be gimped downwards towards the streets below, in addition to being covered in the blood. Once the droplets make it down towards the street, the water it hits will be turned into blood that moves towards the stormdrain. Anyone who stands on the blood will automatically trip, being subjected to the unforgiving current...

Music:

All music tracks are remixed unless noted.

Theme of IT [Orchestrated.]
Emotional End [Original]
The Sewers and Attacks [Original]
Pennywise's Medley - Pennywise's Theme combined with The Small Floating Boat [There's a new section here to transition the two songs together more smoothly, no changes besides that.]
Circus Music [Done in a more "modern" fashion with a good guitar.]
Giant Spider Attacks [Orchestrated in a darker tempo.]
The Overlook Medley - Theme from the Shining, The Awakening of Jacob, Midnight, the Stars and You [Everything but Midnight, the Stars and You is orchestrated with a faster tempo; the Awakening of Jacob has parts cut out of it and there are original parts to transition the songs smoothly.]

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I support Tingle for SSB4

Tingle. The definite character for SSB4. Just take out Toon Link and you're all cool! You all know Tingle is very very popular and awesome in Japan, which is where the Smash games and like, every (good) video game is made. He WOULD have been in the previous Smash games, perhaps Brawl, were it not for the Americans. They hate Tingle. But I'm not an American. When Tingle appears in SSB4 he will give you the finger. But for now, here's an event match!

You play as Wiz's Tingle Set who will of course NOT be the moveset for Tingle in SSB4. But you all knew that.

What does Tingle want? He WANTS TO BE IN SSB4, of course! But first you have to do a few things first: Tingle must erase the Data of him from the previous Smash Games so he can be reborn! This Event Match takes place on Melee Great Bay with 8 Stock to boot. While you're playing you can dance to THIS to-be SSB4 Music. It's not LOZ music but it's close enough, especially befitting to the dramaticness that is this fateful battle.

The battle begins with no enemy to fight, but rather that Tingle who appears on the Great Bay stage with his balloon. He's acting a bit strangely...what's up with his weird flight pattern; he's moving back and forth across the stage at Mario's dash speed. If you knew better you'd know that this Tingle must be DESTROYED for SSB4 Tingle to rise. Unfortunately he's not so eager to go; if you're underneath him he'll drop a Bomb-omb, Motion Sensor Bomb, or Smart Bomb on you at random! Don't think you can pick these up either, as they instantly explode in your face if you do! Not cool...to defeat GB Tingle you must pop his balloon WHEN THERE'S NO GROUND BENEATH HIM; if you try to pop his balloon otherwise he'll just teleport back to his position and resume his rampage of terror. The problem is there is NO are offstage for GB Tingle to fall...if you keep the Turtle in the equation, that is. Too bad the Turtle won't budge either....that's right, you must fight him as a Mini-Boss. You have to go up to his face to attack him, with he trying to kill you through the entire battle. His face has 280HP which you must destroy in order to send him to Donald's locker, so prepare yourself!

Sh*t just got Real:
The Turtle's eyes glow red...WHOA, does the water look more realistic!? That's right, the Turtle turns that unrealistically untouchable water from melee into Brawl water! From here on you will not immediately die from falling with the water saving you...but now GB Tingle won't die if he falls in it! To put it simply, if you kill the Turtle while the water is Brawl water the Event Match is a instant failure...but don't worry, the Turtle will use this again after attacking with 3 other moves...be sure to kill it at the right time!

Infernal Pinetree:
One of the Turtle's pinetrees turns into a demonic arm which stretches out to attack you! It stretches out at Sonic's dash speed and you have to dodge it. If you don't it will grab you in place for 5% damage a second...if it holds you in place for 6 seconds you're KO'ed! There's about one second of lag as the tree transforms itself so there's plenty of time to dodge this move.

Turtle Lazre:
The Turtle inhales before it fires a lazre from it's mouth! This beam will hit the lower areas of Great Bay, doing a massive 55% that KOs at 20% if you're hit by it; the attack has 3 seconds of start-up so it's very easy to dodge. It also sinks the 2 lower platforms of the stage, but they'll rise back up again after 40 seconds. In the meantime the only real way for you to attack the turtle is to jump onto it's head or attack from a distance.

Devil's Sweat:
That doesn't sound friendly...the Turtle forces it's demonic pinetrees to melt into black sludge that covers it's entire shell; if you step on this sludge you're stuck on it for 5X grab difficulty, becoming exposed to GB Tingle's bombs! This sludge lasts until the Turtle has used 4 more attacks.

Death from Chomp:
Wanna know a secret? The Turtle has a huge appetite...for blood! It leans back 1 SBB for 0.5 seconds before it lunges forth with it's mouth open...if you're in range of it's mouth you're KO'ed....granted the Turtle will only use this if you're actually in range of this attack.

Acidic Artillery:
When the Turtle was absent from Brawl, it sailed to America and learned that they hate Tingle. It also learned a lot of other things...such as how to use missiles. Here the Turtle's shell opens up like a door to reveal a HUGE set of U.S Military Missiles...crap. Being on the Turtle's shell during this time is dangerous for you take 5% and are spiked up for a KO, but that's besides the point. The Turtle will release 150 megaton missiles that each act like the ones from the AT Geoff's, but do 1.3X damage and knockback! The only thing is that there will always be a random 2 SBB wide area which the missiles never hit on the upper area of the stage, but otherwise affect absolutely every part of the stage! Despite sounding absolutely horrid this attack is actually quite harmless...unless one of the missiles happens to set off a Smart Bomb or destroy one of Tingle's traps...it's best if Tingle uses this time to set-up as the firing lasts for 14 seconds, and Tingle sure as hell won't be able to hit the Turtle while it's going on.

Dynastic Breaker:
This is the Turtle's big bad attack which it will use every 10 times it attacks...it starts by submerging into the water like it would usually do. After that it stays down for 8 seconds which, if you're lucky, could use to take down the GB Tingle and get the mess over and done with...but after the time's up the water beneath the upper platform will start to bubble before the Turtle jumps from the water beneath, rising at the speed of Super Sonic...if you're underneath the platform when this happens YOU WILL BE DRAGGED UPWARDS FOR A KO. This breaks the main platform in the process, with the Turtle teleporting back to it's normal position immediately afterwards. The main platform repairs after 57 seconds, but you won't be able to use it. Which is bad considering how important it is...the match can become extremely troublesome if you let it drag out for this long...

After deleting the Turtle's HP it roars in defeat as it slowly sinks to the bottom of the ocean for good, it recoloring the ocean into a sea of blood. From here the lost platforms return to place and you just need to defeat GB Tingle to win the Event Match!

Or not...

You see, you also have to defeat the Assist Trophy Tingle who trolled many a player in the great game. He suddenly appears after the Turtle and GB Tingle have been defeated. He's extremely dangerous, and for good reason: his attacks have uber dangerous effects if he is able to use them. AT Tingle is always present in the middle of the stage with 100HP. He goes about his usual business as a AT with vastly exaggerated effects when he uses them:

• Hammer: Tingle summons 2 hammers, golden or not at random on both sides of him...THESE MOVE BY THEMSELVES, lasting for as long as a normal hammer...be sure to run if AT Tingle uses this...
  • Balloon: Tingle flys away in his balloon with no negative effects...but 7 seconds later be comes down on you with a MASSIVE KUNG-FU KICK that kills you instantly if you're hit by it, it being similar to Ridley's drop attack and all.
  • Banana Peel: The are becomes trippy for 10 seconds...and no this is not the Brawl Trip: if you happen to trip at all during this time, you SLIDE OFF THE SCREEN FOR A INSTANT KILL. Damm.
  • Flowers: A random part of the stage is slowly zoomed into. If you don't get to that area and are offscreen you're KO'ed. Once the screen has zoomed into mazimum it reverts to normal instantly.
  • Curry: AT Tingle becomes a clone of your Tingle for 20 seconds, except he has the curry effect.

Once you kill AT Tingle he explodes and dies. Yay!

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'mma little behind

This post marks the end of week 5's MYmini, so, it's time for people to vote on their favourite entries. You can find all of this week's entries, and the voting procedure, [HERE].

Be sure to send your votes in, before the end of Sunday. You have 2 votes (1 normal vote and 1 "Macro" vote), and you should PM your votes to MarthTrinity

Entries:

1. Playstation Network by smashbot226
  2. Fan by kitsuneko
  3. Lego Guns by Junahu

majora_787

Smash Hero
Is there any feedback for my last set? I'd uhh... appreciate it. o.o Just... sayin.

Oh! And I wanted to tell you guys. I made my own website to showcase all of my previous works. It's right here:

http://majsmademoves.webs.com/

You can view all of my movesets from Skull Kid to Taokaka there. ^ ^

Smady

Smash Master
That's a lot of comments

First of all, the user rankings have been on a hiatus this week due to my exams, one awkwardly being on Tuesday mornings [when Monday nights is when I update them]. So expect a two-week ranking update on Monday. I'd also like to apologise if some of these comments seem shorter than usual, but with the newcomer sets, I generally don't have much to say.

Upon finishing Galaxy Man, I have a lot to say. It's a set I do like a lot, mind you, for its blitzkrieg approach to movesetting by putting everything in but the kitchen sink and connecting it all together with those rather epitomised specials, but it could certainly be even better with adjustments. You've come a very long way, Nick, yet your execution can appear to be quite sloppy. The experience of reading the set gets sidetracked by just how complex the mechanics are in the set and that you don't do a great job of explaining them. Editing is the key word here.

I was mighty impressed that you were able to have moves like the gravity well and laser that interact superbly with the rest of the moveset. However, all of the minion stuff felt unnecessary, and he has a few too many projectiles for my liking when his playstyle could be deliciously simple. This was my problem with Spider-Man too, in that he has a lot of extra add-ons like stage clinging and different thingamajigs with his webbing that felt like it didn't really fit in with the rest of the set. To progress from here, stick to a handful of basic concepts and simply concentrate on broadening them with other inputs. At the same time, you also need to talk about these interactions more either in the inputs themselves, or in the playstyle section. There's a lot of ambiguity in how the gravity shift works, for example, and there's some slight confusion when you combine stuff like the gravity well with, say, the gravity bomb or a portal, as it all gets very muddled.

Though in spite of the writing and the conceptually-rich playstyle, I really enjoyed reading this moveset – perhaps more than Spider-Man. You present new ideas at breakneck speed, with many being really interesting and imaginative. You're really competent in combining elements of gravity with Galaxy Man's love of portals – if presented better and talked about in more detail, the gravity shift could potentially have been one of my favourite mechanics. There's just so much going on in this moveset that comes together surprisingly well to create a strong sense of flow, even if the reader has to pick some of it up for themselves. Absolutely looking forward to seeing what you do next, Nick.

Genesect is your first set in a long time, Smashbot. It shows, obviously, and people are generally going to tiptoe around the fact that quality in newcomer sets is always going to be horrible. All I can say is, if you want to remain in this contest and actually become competent, read some of the top-placing sets from last contest and get a feel for what flow is, as well as an idea of how to implement some of the more unique concepts and actually execute them good. With Genesect, it feels far too basic to be compelling and the playstyle is very confused, basically being non-existent. As your first set in three years, it's forgiveable, but you have a long way to go to reach our current standards. If you're up for the challenge, I'd love to see you try and reach them.

Onto Haggar, though, one sees you are actually making a moveset now. No offence to Genesect, but this feels like an actual entry in comparison, though it's still super rough around the edges. For one thing, a good shift in mindset would be to put playstyle last rather than before the moveset, as you can then have the freedom to branch out while writing the moveset and then sum it up, rather than being restricted by what you first wrote. Of course, you could always branch out regardless, but that makes the playstyle section entirely pointless.

What this set has over your previous which is a great improvement is some detail to it. A lot of the inputs still feel random, though, as you don't appreciate flow quite yet. The moves need to have an overarching goal to work together, which is lacking here. I'm still not chastising you for any of this. I do, however, feel comfortable in talking about Haggar more deeply... what really hurts it is that it does indeed rely on the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 interpretation of the character, which is itself not compelling or interesting. Before making a moveset, you should have some idea of what makes the character unique, an idea which runs through the course of the entire set – which Haggar lacks. He feels rather boring conceptually. Nevertheless, it's a big step-up and one that makes me optimistic for you, Smashbot.

Charlotte isn't getting back to the comforts of Banette, I feel, because it feels positively meme-ish still. So many of the moves feel disappointing in how irrelevant they are to the playstyle, which shows signs of being interesting at several points. The idea of a character with a growing hurtbox and which also changes shape is fascinating, never being covered to that specific detail. However, here it's not thought out at all... a lot of the inputs are kind of generic, being your basic vore expository. There are also a lot of problems with props – Charlotte summoning them out of hammer space constantly – and the odd interactions with opponents that wouldn't be fitting for most, shall we say. It all feels very jarring and disjointed.

Ash feels like a bit of a step down from Marona. I was hoping you would avoid the list format – every individual input is too important to ignore, and short listing them just undermines that ideology. There is a problem in that Ash just is basically a re-skin of Ike – it kills the momentum of a set when he's so similar to a Brawl moveset, which are generally looked down upon as far too generic by most of the community. Early days yet, though, and I'm optimistic that Deadpool will be much better than Ash.

As Pierrot and Doppleganger Arle have a major interaction, I feel I can only properly address them together in terms of execution, at least. You've advanced a long way since Arle, Koric, particularly in your writing. Whereas you used to be weighing yourself down in details, with both of these sets you cut out the unnecessary parts and give it to the reader prime. This was a massive issue in the past, and I'm very glad to see you're getting over it. Design-wise, I feel like you still have a long ways to go. You probably got flow the best in Yamato, where he took advantage of his unique projectiles by having moves that allowed him to position himself. Here, neither set really feels like they have their own niche cut out for them.

And you'd think from that you lack the imagination to come up with good concepts, but it's just an error in organising your ideas. Stuff like Pierrot's card system should be implemented into the rest of his moveset. Similarly, Doppleganger's branching moves would be better served as individual inputs. A lot of the time, your movesets have quite a bit of filler, but material is quickly used up by special mechanics that make inputs far bigger than they should be. If you were to properly structure your movesets, you'd be well on your way to becoming a better moveset maker. I hope this comment doesn't come across too negatively, as I really do have high hopes for you in the contest, Koric.

Now we come to Wario Land Wario, the first moveset by Warlord this contest. The basic premise of the moveset is contradictory to the idea of honouring the character – being that the Wario Land hats are not a good representation of what Wario is. It makes the set come across as interpretation of those games, which I've never played, and as less of a character tribute. Don't get me wrong, you pull this off pretty well – most of the time – but that's not my only problem with the characterisation. Taking Wario, this forceful and greedy powerhouse, and making him into an offensive trap character is very awkward, which is hard to redeem even with some great interactions like the pummel and ammo bank money bag.

The playstyle also comes across as far too vague in too many areas. It says a lot that his playstyle section lists “pressuring” and “finishing” as key areas of flow, being that many of his moves serve only a general, Brawl-ish attribute of spacing and positioning. The playstyle basically comes down to using your neutral special and then trying to force your opponents into the holes... which isn't very compelling, but also not very in-character for Wario either. What you make use of as a compromise is that Wario has other nostalgic moves too that are independent of hats, but these are the worst offenders and often flow the worst – that puffy Wario which is unusable on-stage, and that horrendously generic side special which is only better than the Brawl interpretation due to being able to cancel it into other moves and being on a prominent input.

Ironically, what is good is when you get away from the character entirely. The offensive trap playstyle is actually pretty interesting, being that Wario has great capabilities to set up passively without having to focus too much time on it. The interactions with the money specifically do give off some sense of a passive obsession of money, and definitely is the best part of the moveset in terms of pulling off Wario's personality. What's bad, though, is that you blatantly re-use past gimmicks like the prone abuse and aerial affinity from N. Brio – you're sometimes guilty of doing this, but in this set it's the worst I've seen. In all, I don't think this lives up to your best work.

Deadpool has similar problems to Ash and Marona, with the listed inputs, but also in failing to find its own unique playstyle and falls upon the crutch of randomness when it comes to the inputs which do have some legitimacy. Luck is not compatibe with a good flowing moveset, unless concentrated on specifically – here, Deadpool's teleport has a failing mechanic that only makes him worse competitively, and his neutral special has an element of chance in the tripping effect. In all, you need to build on each move to make them work together, and before that, you need to get rid of moves that are just generic slashes or lunges. You also need to stop referring to other sets so much – they need to be able to stand on their own! I hope you stick around and try to improve, Paladin.

One thing I can immediately say to Mr. Freeze that I should have said about Deadpool is that colour schemes are not a good way to go when you primarily use one very vibrant colour for the entire moveset. It's fine later on when you use stand-able colours, but the initial blue is hard to read. I also would recommend not trying to impair your moveset in the statistics unless you have a very big and specific way to make up for it later on, as it's a general rule in this contest that being overpowered is better than being underpowered, as it at least makes the set more competent. And let me just say, the organisation and specifically the “question and answer” part of this moveset is so cheesy and terrible that it may just be awesome.

For a freaking Mr. Freeze Ahnold set, this isn't that bad, and is probably your best so far, Smashbot, though it's still entirely lacking in flow and concept. You actually are able to make most of the inputs fairly individual, though this is without making proper use of the character. With Mr. Freeze, why not make moves interact with a foe who is frozen specifically, or use his ice to influence the opponent in a way that flows into the rest of his moves? Mr. Freeze relies on a lot of very generic special effects that lets his moves have some degree of individuality – such as super armour, being directional, having a sweet spot – but nothing that makes him stand out from the Brawl cast, and they still don't come together into a playstyle as more than disjointed attacks. Being a slow projectile user is far from enough to have flow and be a competitive set in Make Your Move. However, you can always improve, and I think you have some potential in this contest.

Been a long time, Majora, and I do remember you from a... long, long time ago. First off, that playstyle section at the beginning needs to go at the end and encapsulate the set to give a better feel, and also to better structure the moveset as a whole. Sho suffers from the same generic attacks and random effects that Deadpool has – the summoning of noise in particular shows some promise in making Sho a summoner... but the randomness of it means there's no strategy involved, and he has no way to interact with them after he's summoned them. You need to have ways for your moves to work together – most easy way to do this is to use moves which appear to do one thing, but serve a double purpose by interacting with something else. Without these kinds of moves, the moveset does lack a sense of connection between the inputs, which is crucial in making high quality sets.

Bad Girl is a somewhat confused moveset to me, due to the large amount of filler alongside a very middling concept. The idea of moves having the same animation is a bit of a cheap mindgame, although it does make sense here due to how her boss fight actually plays out. The lighting of the bat on fire doesn't really change all that much either, aside from a buff to damage and knockback, leaving it and the neutral and up special feeling rather bland. Pretty much the only parts of the set that flow are the grab and down special, even with the minor interactions with the bat – it all seems too familiar to your previous work like Harvey or Tetris in that it's kinda sloppy. It's a shame, because – albeit being quite unconventional – the ideas behind the flaming bats, the down special and grab game are interesting ones.

Of course, I haven't even mentioned the minions, because there's simply not enough detail on those inputs to make much sense of it, and flow between the minions and the rest of the set is very awkward to find. You do give a decent, if short summary with the playstyle section which does outline how Bad Girl has a somewhat interesting game of lighting them on fire and so on, which I do see, but it's all a little muddled due to your writing style. Beef it up and give as many details as possible next time and the set will probably be a hell of a lot easier to understand.

Taokaka utilises a couple of mechanics at once which don't really flow together, but present main arcs for the moveset. Giving her claws less knockback to allow combos is a good idea on the offset, but really when it comes down to it, this doesn't give her any real flow, it just means that her moves will generally be better to combo with. Aside from that, a lot of the moveset is really, really short inputs that are generic slashes or slaps or whatever... you need to have more compelling moves than this to captivate a Make Your Move member. What's stupidest is that the set doesn't even have a dash attack, grab game and aerials, which make up an eleven solid inputs. That's half of the inputs not used, and yet nearly all of them that are don't do anything interesting. This was a step down from Sho for sure.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
EVENT MATCH: TROUBLE IN PARADISE

Event Description: Does this guy never give up?! Prevent that pesky plumber from washing away your island masterpiece.

Play As: Bowser Jr. (2 stocks)

Play Against: Mario (Infinite stocks, Lvl. 9 CPU)

Stage: Delfino Plaza

Music: Shadow Mario Theme

This match appears to be a fairly straightforward Bowser Jr. vs. Mario match at first, until you realize Mario cannot be permanently KOed. In addition, to win the event, Jr. must cover the majority of the ground with paint on three different areas of the stage. Although he will attack you if you venture close to him, the Mario CPU is trained to spam Down Special an inordinate number of times, cleansing your paint from the stage. He may also jump into the water on various sections of the stage and run over your paint to evaporate it. Jr. must fend off Mario while coating the stage in paint (or forcing Mario to do it for him, to the point where Mario has no time to use FLUDD) in order to win.

He has from the time the transport platform touches down on an area, to the time where the platform leaves the area to coat the majority of the stage in paint (the transport platform doesn't count, although if Jr. leaves paint on the platform and it touches down, the paint will be transferred to the stage). Jr. must cover the majority of three stage areas in his paint to win; however, if Mario is able to keep the majority of three stage areas -not- covered in paint, you lose the challenge, the same as if he KOed you.

In addition, Mario is not alone in his quest to clean the island. The Pianta inhabitants of the town return as enemies to Jr.; they are Dedede's size, and storm the stage in groups of one, two, or three (depending on how many areas of paint you have left to cover). They move at Ganondorf's dash, attempting to pick up Jr. and toss him away from the stage and Mario, identically to DK's B-Throw. Occasionally, they also pull out a mop and begin sweeping the goop away, although it takes a full second of sweeping over one character space of goop to clean it. Each Pianta has 30 HP, although Jr. can coat one in goop with a Stu from Side Special to bury it in the ground for an instant KO. He can also use Neutral Special to light one on fire, causing it to run around at Fox's dash, dealing 25% and heavy knockback to whoever it hits. Jr. will want to be extremely careful with this, although Mario is particularly vulnerable to this tactic, considering he's focused on using FLUDD rather than jumping or dodging (spraying them to douse the fire takes three solid shots, which Mario is unlikely to attempt)...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Been a long time, Majora, and I do remember you from a... long, long time ago. First off, that playstyle section at the beginning needs to go at the end and encapsulate the set to give a better feel, and also to better structure the moveset as a whole. Sho suffers from the same generic attacks and random effects that Deadpool has – the summoning of noise in particular shows some promise in making Sho a summoner... but the randomness of it means there's no strategy involved, and he has no way to interact with them after he's summoned them. You need to have ways for your moves to work together – most easy way to do this is to use moves which appear to do one thing, but serve a double purpose by interacting with something else. Without these kinds of moves, the moveset does lack a sense of connection between the inputs, which is crucial in making high quality sets.

Taokaka utilises a couple of mechanics at once which don't really flow together, but present main arcs for the moveset. Giving her claws less knockback to allow combos is a good idea on the offset, but really when it comes down to it, this doesn't give her any real flow, it just means that her moves will generally be better to combo with. Aside from that, a lot of the moveset is really, really short inputs that are generic slashes or slaps or whatever... you need to have more compelling moves than this to captivate a Make Your Move member. What's stupidest is that the set doesn't even have a dash attack, grab game and aerials, which make up an eleven solid inputs. That's half of the inputs not used, and yet nearly all of them that are don't do anything interesting. This was a step down from Sho for sure.
Ugh... Yes. Major problem with Sho was that 75% of the moveset was done back during MYM6, and the rest was added very very recently. The whole moveset is probably really inconsistent. x_x And I could browse around for a new structure, probably.

I was told previously that the noise summon is way too random. I'll have to brainstorm something to do there... But generally, they were supposed to go off and do their own thing most of the time, like in the actual boss fight where you would be accosted by noise randomly in the fight. It wasn't nearly that many, but still...

Taokaka... Any problems with her having generic moves aren't entirely my fault. I sat down and used BlazBlue: Continuum Shift as source material for most of her moves. And when I say most, I mean almost all of them. I wanted to keep her pretty true to her character as far as actual attacks go.

And son of a *********, I knew I forgot something. I just put down the template I had for Sho, and didn't notice I was missing that much. I'm going to have to fix that and add those things to the template.

And, I'll move the Playstyle section to under the actual moves in both movesets. I'll come back when I've finished. I've made my checklist of suggestions. :3

EDIT: I am going to revert back to Skull Kid's template with a few things taken off, for maximum relevant content. I'll let you guys know when I finish updating Taokaka, then I'll go back to Sho and look him over.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Oh boy, an Event Match? LET'S DO THIS.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
HERE COMES AN EVENT MATCH, HONKEYS

EVENT MATCH: IT'S NOT VERY EFFECTIVE...

Description: Looks like an aspiring Pokemon Trainer has caught up with Lucario and brought a powerful team! Let's see if this old dog can't learn new tricks!

Play As: Lucario (250%)

Play Against: Squirtle (150%), Pikachu (100%), Jigglypuff (200%), Charizard (150%), Mewtwo (200%), Victini (200%)

Stage: Spear Pillar (There will not be any interference from Dialga, Palkia, or Cresselia.)

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQMumx570oo

You're going to be playing this out like a bona fide Pokemon Battle as a Level 100 Lucario versus a full team of Level 50 Pokemon! This team would normally counter most moves Lucario can throw out but this isn't some damn battle- it's a BRAWL! Thankfully- or unfortunately, depending on how you play- none of the legendaries that normally appear on Spear Pillar will lend their own levels of carnage in this match. It IS a one-on-one battle, after all. Nonetheless, you're looking at a very serious-looking event match- a stamina match wherein YOU'RE the wild Pokemon and your quarry is a six-man squad of trained and dangerous Pokemon! It's just you and whatever skills you may have, so black that kid out! And a bit of fair warning, Pokemon Trainer can call back his in-field Pokemon and swap out to any different Pokemon at random and worse yet, they don't share the same health percentage. Further increasing the difficulty of this battle is that the Trainer can possibly heal his dormant Pokemon to full health should he choose to. So what do you get when you beat this Event Match?

Well, it was going to be a dragon dildo but instead, you'll get a neat-looking trophy of a Master Ball and a new stage music for Spear Pillar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCn3LxRo3w&feature=related

majora_787

Smash Hero
So, it's a stamina match? xD That sounds crazy.

Also! I fixed Tao's moveset up with LOTS more stuff on the last page. Go check it out and give some feedback! Please n thanks!

I'll get started on Sho tomorrow... xD One moveset at a time. One moveset at a time.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Deadpool has similar problems to Ash and Marona, with the listed inputs, but also in failing to find its own unique playstyle and falls upon the crutch of randomness when it comes to the inputs which do have some legitimacy. Luck is not compatibe with a good flowing moveset, unless concentrated on specifically – here, Deadpool's teleport has a failing mechanic that only makes him worse competitively, and his neutral special has an element of chance in the tripping effect. In all, you need to build on each move to make them work together, and before that, you need to get rid of moves that are just generic slashes or lunges. You also need to stop referring to other sets so much – they need to be able to stand on their own! I hope you stick around and try to improve, Paladin.
When you mean by "listed inputs", do you mean avoid just listing the normal, smash, aerial, and grab attacks and go into more specific details on the animation of each attack move, or do you want me to explain who should each of these attacks should be used and the specific strategies involved in using these moves. I could do some sketches and drawing for visual aid to help tell the viewers what the attacks would look like, but then again, I'm not a good artist.

Compared to my Deadpool moveset with my other previous movesets (Ash and Marona), do you think I better or worse? I tried to add as much details as I can.

EDIT: Also, am I allowed to repost and revise one of my earlier movesets? I was thinking of reworking on Ash's moveset a little bit. The reason is noting the gameplay of Phantom Brave, any item can be used as a weapon for any character, I want to expand the flexibility of what Phantom Brave is like. Most of the promotional artwork features Ash wielding a sword (which is some of his attacks uses a sword and occasionally his own fists and kicks), but Phantom Brave allows a lot of customization of your characters and what weapons they can wield. Apparently, I don't to just stick with the generic swords, because Super Smash Bros have too many sword and fist users.

If you really want me to creative and not try to base a moveset from another fighting game (Deadpool's moveset is loosely based out of his appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 3), then I should try something even creative when making Flonne's and Asagi's movesets.

majora_787

Smash Hero
@Smash Daddy

Could you elaborate on a couple of things, so I can come up with a way to fix things?

For Sho... what do you mean, exactly, by random effects and 'lack of connection'? I'm not sure on exactly what you mean or how I can fix that.

Also, I noticed he's missing stuff to. I'll send Sho through the 'Remake MAchine' and put him under the new template tomorrow. It'd take too long to do tonight.

But yeah, please do look through Tao's new stuff and tell me what you think. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom