• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Talk to chibo to see if he's down. as for my teammate, I dont know how much money he has, so i dunno if he will want to team mm ppl or not.

And keitaro you better not be maining mk now. I will cg you from here to pittsburgh :mad:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Drinking allowed in that venue Chibo??

Also I'm interested in teaming. I main mk now btw.
I'm actually not sure lol

Well for sure don't do it when the mall is still open

Just go outside to do it, there's a door from the venue to the outside without going through the mall

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
YIFF YIFF YIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FURRY SHALL PREVAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: beware my Yiffcopter. lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hotel and Housing
(this post is made to be linked to from the OP for information)

Unfortunately with the venue switch this makes housing a little more scarce, but there are other options to replace it!

The venue is open all night Saturday into Sunday. Feel free to bring a sleeping bag or smash all night long! Staying overnight does not cost anything extra, and is open to everyone. Throughout the night we will hold some fun side events to keep people occupied.

Unfortunately most hotels in the area are either booked solid or are way over-priced because of a giant 3 day concert in Atlantic City on the same weekend. I have found 2 hotels a half hour away that are still cheap and great for smashers. I hear a lot of people are booking rooms at the Econo Lodge.

Budget Lodge ($70 per night)
http://www.budgetlodgebuena.com/

Econo Lodge ($90 per night)
http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-bue...dult=1&nchild=0&city_code=DXK&sstate_country=

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Public Transportation
(This post is made for information to be linked to from the OP)

The venue is located in the Shore Mall in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. There are a few options available for public transit, though driving is definitely the easiest option.

There are two viable airports available, the Philadelphia International Airport and the Atlantic City International Airport. If you can get a ride from someone directly from one of these two airports, that makes things easiest. However for transportation from here on your own:

From Philadelphia, your first step is to take the Septa R1 Regional Rail train from your airport terminal to 30th St. Station. This costs about $6 and takes around 15-20 minutes. From 30th St Station you need to take the NJ Transit train to the Absecon train station. This costs about $9 and takes about an hour and 15 minutes. From here you are a 5-7 minute drive to the venue.

From Atlantic City Airport, you are already 7 miles away from the venue, approximately a 15 minute drive. It would likely be easiest to find someone to pick you up from there as it is, since it's already fairly close.

If you get stuck at the AC Airport or the Absecon Train Station and don't have someone to pick you up, call me at 609-226-2287 and I will come get you, or find someone to.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Where to Park
(This post is information to be linked to from the OP)

You can park anywhere in the mall, but I'm going to point out the best location.

You see, the mall closes at 9pm, but the venue is going to stay open all night. The venue is connected to the mall like normal, but also has a back door we can use so we can uh... go in and out of the store after closing lol. If you park in the front of the mall, it's going to be an annoying walk from the door to your car.

The back door to the venue is location next to the back mall entrance where the food court is.

Here is a satellite image of the mall from google:

If I'm not mistaken, the back door and food court entrance is around where the orange dot is. For a reference point, the blue line I drew is the front of the mall you will see driving up, where the giant Boscovs store is.

Park in that area and you'll be good to go.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Discounts for Setups
(This is information to be linked to from the OP)

For every Wii and TV you bring that we use, you receive MONEY BACK! Equipment must be in reasonably working condition, and used for the majority of both days. I already have a number of setups confirmed from myself, though I can give this discount out for up to 32 set ups. Once we hit 32, I won't be giving out the money any more, though if there is space we can still set up your setup. The setup must be used to get the money back. For instance say we have 20 TVs and 10 Wiis (an unlikely situation) and someone brings a TV, I won't issue a refund since well... it's useless without a game setup. Everyone must take responsibility for their own equipment. We will be doing our best to ensure the safety of all equipment, but I and the venue can not be held liable for anything wrong with equipment.

Wiis + Brawl = $5
TV = $10

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Time Schedule
(This post is information to be linked to from the OP)

Saturday

10:00am venue opens to everyone, late signups
12:00pm end of late signups
1:00pm first round of singles pools
-After singles pools- first round of doubles pools
-After doubles pools- singles amateur bracket

Overnight Saturday

Tons of cool side events

Sunday

11:00am doubles bracket
-After doubles bracket- singles bracket

If a second round of singles pools is added, it will take place when amateur brackets are, then amateur brackets will take place after that.

Amateur brackets for singles will be a free to enter event, open to those who entered singles but did not make it out into the next round. There will be a prize for the winner(s)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pools Tie Breaking
(This is info that will be linked to from the OP)

This always seems to be an issue at events lol, so I'm laying this info right now out here in the open for everyone to see.

The order for tie breaking is:

-Total Set Count
-Head-to-head
-Total Wins
-Total Losses

If at any point in a 3+ person tie that one or more people are broken apart from the tie, leaving remaining people still in a tie, the tie breaking process will start over from the beginning from the remaining people. Example, say there is a 3 way tie for first. Set Counts is tied, Head2head is tied, and one person has 7 wins while the other two have 6. The person with 7 becomes first seed. Then for the two with 6 wins, instead of moving to losses to break their tie, the tie between the two of them will be broken by Sets (tied though), then head2head.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah guys, I'm mk now.

Its the usual falco maining trend. Main Falco, get pissed at him, switch to mk. Everything feels so much easier now *10 evil faces*

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Why weren't you this fun when we talked at apex?
.... Actually.... I got this from Canadian Brawlers too saying that I wasn't acting the way I allways do with people from USA.....

wtf. lol if you want my affection then come get me, I promis I won't bite... (Well since I'm a furry I'll probably end out biting but still) lol

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
.... Actually.... I got this from Canadian Brawlers too saying that I wasn't acting the way I allways do with people from USA.....

wtf. lol if you want my affection then come get me, I promis I won't bite... (Well since I'm a furry I'll probably end out biting but still) lol

I thought furries only mained Lucario, Wolf, and Sonic.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Hmm.. i guess i need to search for housing. Mav.. where you guys staying? Is there room for me???

I need a teammate as well. Chibo? My mk/wario/snake could all get the job done. But mostly mk. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom