• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Roneblade:

Maybe its my fault
Maybe I led you to believe I was insulting you when i wasnt
Maybe I made you think my highlights started with my 10 second clips on youtube, and not in sparring sessions with Dart
Maybe I made you think that every falcon punch I hit was a game winner
That my game was built on flash, and not fire
Maybe its my fault you didn't see that Falcon gave me strength, that combos were my motivation
Maybe I led you to believe that Melee was a god given gift, and not something I worked for every single day of my life.
Maybe I destroyed the game.
Or maybe
You're just making excuses.

Genesis 2.
LOLOL I LOVE U.

Like no disrespect, but id tear up proskaters *******.

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm like dying
Between that post and Sinji's latest post in the Fox boards ... it's too much

ORLY

Smash Master
does anyone else change their falcon color based on how they're feeling, like a falcon mood ring?

black always means it's **** time

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I play neutral or pink to help me space Nairs ... I think they're the easiest colors to see

Red Falcon has blue feet which blend right into Battlefield's background sometimes ... and Darkrain Falcon is just dark all over ... and I just stopped playing ugly blue Falcon for some reason and Thumbs is already the green Falcon of MDVA so it's pink or neutral all day for me

Walt

Smash Ace
Pink most of the time. Red or default every once in a while, but the blue falcon is soooo ugly. Never liked black falcon either.

CommonerCoffee

Smash Rookie
This might be a long post so bear with me. I pretty much decided to give up on all my alternatives I fool around with and seriously work on Falcon. So I have a few questions on situations I would like help from by the experts on this thread =D

- What percentages and situations can upthrow to dtilt work on space animals? Commonly referred to as a the Darkrain combo, I find this effective but have no idea when it works (Not to mention that it looks sick). Also general help on what to do to spacies at high percentages. At the point, I just run around the stage trying, and usually missing, knees or getting grabs that I have no idea what to do out of besides attempt a knee techchase.

- What do I do against getup attack if my opponent is behind me so I can't shieldgrab?

- I know Falcon has some ridiculous uair and nair combos on floaties but I have no idea how to generally do them. As you may suspect, my l cancelling isn't consistent and I don't really know a rhythm to them. Should the uairs be rising uairs or whatever?

- Tilts general. Are there any practical uses or setups with dtilt? Utilt is pretty cool but I don't really know what do use it for so I just randomly opt for it as an edgeguard against pretty much every character. As you may suspect, it only works sometimes. Ftilt I mostly ignore and was wondering if that's wrong to do.

- And lastly, Uair->Knee HOW?!

Much love, you guys

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
This might be a long post so bear with me. I pretty much decided to give up on all my alternatives I fool around with and seriously work on Falcon. So I have a few questions on situations I would like help from by the experts on this thread =D

- What percentages and situations can upthrow to dtilt work on space animals? Commonly referred to as a the Darkrain combo, I find this effective but have no idea when it works (Not to mention that it looks sick). Also general help on what to do to spacies at high percentages. At the point, I just run around the stage trying, and usually missing, knees or getting grabs that I have no idea what to do out of besides attempt a knee techchase.

- What do I do against getup attack if my opponent is behind me so I can't shieldgrab?

- I know Falcon has some ridiculous uair and nair combos on floaties but I have no idea how to generally do them. As you may suspect, my l cancelling isn't consistent and I don't really know a rhythm to them. Should the uairs be rising uairs or whatever?

- Tilts general. Are there any practical uses or setups with dtilt? Utilt is pretty cool but I don't really know what do use it for so I just randomly opt for it as an edgeguard against pretty much every character. As you may suspect, it only works sometimes. Ftilt I mostly ignore and was wondering if that's wrong to do.

- And lastly, Uair->Knee HOW?!

Much love, you guys
#1 starts working at around 50% on no di/di in on the uthrow. di out makes it miss though. @ high percents you shouldn't get greedy and rather just play conservative focusing on getting the spacies offstage with nairs/uairs etc. uthrow also combos into knee at high percents if they di in or not at all.

#2 non-fastfalled sh dairs usually work on most chars, as do reverse up b out of shield and wavedash out of shield -> grab

#3 depends on di. get your l-cancelling down and then experiment with what works and not in friendlies

#4 dtilt can be useful out of a crouch cancel on floaties (and fast fallers at high percents) since it often leads to grab, nair or uair. ftilt is useful in lots of situations and a good mixup in general (for example like when you'd do uthrow dtilt or regrab but you instead switch it up and make your opponent miss their tech)

#5 practice and observation :) watch how other falcons do it and try to copy them. remember that it doesn't combo on di out though.

Mizar

Smash Ace

1# No idea on % for dtilt but when you uthrow at about 60ish, see how they fly and react with whatever. Imo its the best way of doing it since DI can mess you up if you count on dtilt hitting automatically at a certain %.

I think when they are high % space some airials on their shield untill something hits -> edgeguard. When you can get a grab off Uthrow combos to almost everything on spacies at high %.

2# Two words. Stage Movement. I think people generally underestimate how useful it is to be able to get on platforms really quick. Especially vs floaties when it gives you extra jumps to use in your combo. Good example is combo number 8 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVcvaxEo3UU

might be better examples but this was the first one to come in mind

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yesterday I did the fastest double knee combo I have ever done before. Falcon ftw!! =D As soon as the first one landed, the 2nd one was already there.. less than a second.

Mokumo

Smash Ace

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
vs. Marth is clearly Falcon's best matchup in the high tier area.

If we're talking about all opponents, I'd say... vs. Mewtwo? I don't think it's possible for Mewtwo to not get hit by dthrow knee, lul

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i think peach is easier than marth, but i think marth is a better character than peach too, so that might be reason for an exclusion

i think the marios are easy, and got the hang of samus pretty well right before i left the country so i probably cant do it anymore

0Room

Smash Lord
Uh
Triple knees on Samus are fun

But best match up?
Probably another falcon :troll:

I mean it really is based on players, I don't know if he has a strictly character best MU
Everyone is just so weird on the low tier end :/
idk link's pretty simple

Walt

Smash Ace
My general strat for the marios is nair, then mix it up with stomp if they start trying to CC dsmash you a lot. Like, just nair anything they do except for very very specific grounded pill/fireball spots where even if you nair through them you get usmash'd/utilt'd/sh uair'd. This works less and less on better players but keep it in mind, you can out range just about anything with nair. Dthrow until about 40% then uthrow>uair. Also try your hardest to save your second jump if you are getting bair gimped by doc.

Btw don't ever disrespect the marios you will get grabbed and *****.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
play dart before u say you love falcon vs marth

falcon vs dart is 80-20 in darts favor. not exaggerating even a little bit. hes so good and has so much EXP in the MU you have to be sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than him to win.

Top Bottom