• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Power outage kicked me off the comp, haha, so I decided to go cut the grass and grab a shower.

Also I apologize if there's any gross formatting or the like (I see a ****ed up quote already), been up for quite a while haha.

anyways. back to the salt mines.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What about the timing of our reads is "pristine"? Why do they seem fake? What's scummy about my push on Choice? What's inconsistent about our reads? How in any reading is townCircus the "only thing" we've preached about, and why would it be necessary for us to explain a town read on him in the face of zero evidence to the contrary?
Pristine: your reads come with the current wagon or who has the most talk and you don't individually push what you are saying till now w.r.t. Choice.

Fake: EE explained. Same with the inconsistencies.

Choice push: he's the un-CC'd town cop who was backed up by our jailer. Plus the fact we've yet to see your oh so almighty Choice case as well.

Circus read: am I talking to a wall, like a literal one? There is evidence to the contrary. Also you even said in one post that Circus was the only town read you were sold on.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gandhi was coming under fire on D2 when WL started banging his Choice drum as loud as he could. Not a lot. But enough. Gandhi, meanwhile, continues to dog Choice and J. It seems that he isn't even suspicious of Laundry in passing anymore.

Speaking as someone that was suspicious of Laundry, I think I can safely say that that's some buuuull**** right thar, buddeh. He was doing observably strange things D2, especially early on. But he's just... forgotten.

Basically all Gandhi does after this point is... tunnel Choice. Choice was the most likely not-Laundry not-Gandhi lynch on D2, and I think that has everything to do with Gandhi's choice of target. No pun intended.

And... that's it. D3 speaks for itself.

Gandhi is the only lynch to make as far as I'm concerned.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
ninja'd be a humorously relevant post.

Well, I wouldn't mind him dropping dead.

But I'm never one to end day prematurely, and if he's as scummy as he smells, that puts him in self-hammer range.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Self-hammering wouldn't even help the mafia side in the slightest, we have loads of info from his lynch.

And on that note, any idea of EEscum just went out the freaking window for me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Same for me, Afro don't play dumb you know I'm talking about the end of D1 when me and J were ignored. Same for your hydra split on voting and stillb doing it.

I demand a claim nothing will change my mind outside of that at this point.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Ryu, I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Remember I am half of a whole, and while I have to take responsibility for posts, I'm unlikely to remember posts that I didn't write. Since I don't remember them, I have to ask you what you mean, and in general since the burden of proof falls on you etc etc. you can certainly take a second to quote something when asked.

Please explain what you meant by the bolded in whatever post I asked you about it. Thanks.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
I still maintain that this was a completely ridiculous reply and could easily be an excuse to continue treading water.
Then I'd say you'd be wrong.

How was that in any way an acceptable reply? It stunk so much worse than dodging the issue did, and someone applying legitimate pressure should have chomped at the bit on this one imo.

Instead Gandhi just accepts the lamesauce excuse and... sets his sights on our resident Steven Seagal: lawman. After gleaning over it so many times, I can't see this interaction as anything but either fauxhunting or staging. And either way, Gandhi's scummy for it.
What pressure? Was my slot somehow pressuring Axel at this point, that you can see? We asked a question, they responded, and having been in Celeb, I could respect that their answer was null. This isn't evidence of anything.

Despite having taken a stance on Choice stuff, Gandhi is totally AWOL while it resolves itself. And the wagon builds on up to L-1. Twice.
This is a long and persuasively incriminating way of simply saying "inactivity".

Finally he returns with 236:

And yet in the same post, he continues to question the hell out of Choice (he leans on Gheb, Gorf and Soup but with weak questioning), then he quotes an exchange Choice had with Ran and concludes that it is "mad scummy and basically asking for a reason to jump on another wagon."

...and then he proceeds to unvote.

Man, what? Looking back on it, I think Gandhi unvoted to look town because he wanted to keep someone at L-2 rather than -1, and knew Choice would likely flip town if lynched. As such he washes his hands of the wagon while still driving it forward with questioning.

And then he puts his foot down on being okay with Axel. Remember that for later.
236 was quite clearly a catch-up post from X1, wherein he responds to everything in one post. Your quote isn't indicative of that. It's not unnatural that X1's read on Choice would change within that post, because that post covered 200 prior posts.

The rest of what you've said is useless. Our questions are weak?

In P246 he needles Gorf for being deflective about the RVS shenanigans. While I thought Gorf was shaky during the RVS shenanigans, I fail to see how dubbing RVS shenanigans as such is being "deflective". It's calling a spade a spade, innit?
Except Gord didn't just say it was RVS shenanigans. He said the following:
RVS shenanigans, plus it's an inside joke. Honestly it's nothing to throw a tizzy over.
Which is deflective.

Momentum dissipates, so does Gandhi. **** starts to go in various directions, with the vote wagons (axel & choice) tied but spoken opinions forming an ecclectic whole.
"Inactivity."

Laundry steps up and starts posting, sponging up any attention Gandhi might have taken in the process. Gandhi continues to be AWOL.
"Inactivity."

A sample of P387 by Ryker:

One of them is dead and has flipped town.

The other is an un-cc'd claimed PR that I think is town.

The person making this statement is flipped town that got killed the Night of the same phase he made these statements.

yeah this **** ain't coincidence.
I can't say anything to this aside from "Wasn't me."

Laundry uses kid gloves when dealing with RR. Spends alllllll kind of time calling him dumb or critiquing what he's doing without actually driving stuff forward. Only when pressed for a stance does he stop waffling around the place, and says it's null leaning scum, but makes it as clear as he possibly can that it's "just slightly".
You think Laundry is scum? What gives you that idea?

Posts like P454 perfectly showcase exactly what I'm describing here, where Laundry pressures Ranmaru at arm's length, making all his pressure statements have qualifiers, etc etc.
See above.

P500: WHABAM! X1 hits up Laundry with some votin'.

Although he gets at Laundry for a ****ty post I can't help but feel like he's just overcompensating for the fact that he's turbocoastin'. Also he denotes RR as a comfy town lean, which would be some kinda perfect distancin' right thur I tell you what.
This is speculation.
You think X1 is distancing from Ryu?

Plus this vote lets him avoid both of the major wagons and disappear into the mist. But hey, it's totally cool, because Laundry ended up being scum, so afro town all day err day right? Nah. Nah man. Nah.
'kay. Again, this amounts to speculation and name-dragging.

Oh wait, a post just a bit later at 546! Surely this will help drive things forward, yeah? Maybe that apparent scumvibe on Laundry?

Oh look, fluff.

...and more Choice questioning. His Choice interactions seem based entirely around the principle of "have cake your cake and eat it too".
Hardly fluff. I didn't expect you to namedrop people like you had, and it was worth asking about.

As for Choice, what you've said here again amounts to nothing, or at best I've missed your point, unless that point was "Look at Afro, asking questions of our respectable claimed cop! That scoundrel!"

P551 he finally talks to Laundry again, but it's a softball that does more to defend/buddy Ryker than apply any kind of pressure to Laundry.
You being Laundry, you would know how much pressure he felt.
Oh wait.

More weird wagon shifting, now RR is at L-3. Gandhi ain't said a peep. Laundry commences a Ryker push. It goes nowhere. Gorf wagon's beginnings start.
"Weird wagon shifting"? Was our slot the cause, since you're bringing it up? Or are we not saying a peep, i.e. inactive? Surely it can only be one of the two, and I know which one we are guilty of.

P799 Gandhi's finally back but he says nothing at all other than to question Choice again. Man, he's sure got a lot to ask that guy when he was completely okay with him at last stance.[/qupte]
Which stance would that be? 236, when we called him scum?

P1005: Responding to a question of whose play he likes the least, he answers (guess who!) Laundry. Annnnnnnddddddd mitigates it with a hydra head split. Oh he makes sure you know that the heads agree on that, but he follows up with "but where X1 sees a bit more malintent, I just see the same bad vibes I get every game. The way he plays never agrees with me. The posts we didn't like are some of the ones Ryker's just quoted."

Have cake, eat cake, still have cake.
Or, it's what I think and is consistent with any other game I've played with Laundry.
You sly boots.

In the same post, Choice asks for the play. The answer? Choice, apparently. Well at least all that interrogation makes sense -- too bad it had to follow him saying he was "okay" with choice, unvoting, and never explaining the shift back into "you're scum" territory.
Well, I believe we've taken care of the issue with this, so there's no problem here.

You think Laundry has poor scum play? That's cool.

P1136: He questions Ryker what he thinks about WL's buddying, and what it implies about his alignment. But... Ryker has already pointed out said buddying, and obviously didn't approve. Asks laundry what's up with "buddying ryker --> voting ryker --> buddying". Is he actually pressing on this seam? No, and it was already pointed out by someone else. Basically, this post would have made good points if it weren't total parroting.
Fair point.

Also he reiterates that the play is Choice or Gord (apparently J is now off the table. This of course changes later when J becomes a lynch candidate while Laundry's *** is in the hot seat).
'kay.

Also also he commences buddying me in this post, and considering I've been telling the vig to shoot him for a while I can't help but think his heart ain't in the right place doing as much.
Stating a null leaning town read = buddying?

He then proceeds to go all "jk tho" and unvote Laundry, despite that he was ostensibly pointing out some wonky behavior. What the hell bud.
Yes, I convinced X1 to unvote. Anyway, regardless of hydra BS, you can find someone's behaviours to be wonky without them being the lynch of the Day or even a lynch, period. What your real problem is here is that you sense an inconsistency in our reads, which is only there because of our sparse posting.

This case, and most other points, have been based on inactivity and misinterpretations that stem from that inactivity, which is our slot's fault. But it's not scummy, not like what I've said against Choice.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Pristine: your reads come with the current wagon or who has the most talk and you don't individually push what you are saying till now w.r.t. Choice.

Fake: EE explained. Same with the inconsistencies.
I don't agree. I also don't know what inconsistencies you mean.
Well, I've explained as best I can, so whatever. Dropping it.

Choice push: he's the un-CC'd town cop who was backed up by our jailer. Plus the fact we've yet to see your oh so almighty Choice case as well.
"Almighty" lol. It's a case and I'm slow. You're letting EE's dirt-throwing get you riled up.

Circus read: am I talking to a wall, like a literal one? There is evidence to the contrary. Also you even said in one post that Circus was the only town read you were sold on.
One post amounts to preaching?

PeopleFacePunch

Smash Rookie
Vote Count

AfroGandhi (2) - Red Ryu, Circus
J ()
Evil Eye ()
Gheb_01 ()
Circus (1) - J
vVv Choice (1) - AfroGandhi
Red Ryu ()

Not voting: Evil Eye, vVv Choice, Gheb_01

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Choice

Smash Champion
hey, havent read up yet, but just wanted to let you guys know that my ac adapter just ignited on me last night, and so now i'm sorta lacking a computer til this weekend or possibly next week. i should still be able to drop in here and there.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EE, doesn't his defense remind you of my first defense against you but it's like even less?

And EE the hammer of a scummy is all yours for the taking~

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
oh I demand to swing the axe.

But I just don't wanna end the Day before the other duders can speak up. Or, at least, Jerkus, RR, and Gheb.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The Gandhi's life I'm willed to call an end
Does he think one liners are enough to refute?
To make us think he's yet another friend
In the face of the argument's amount and brute?

Neither does his claim show that he is town but only inflicts fear of a mistake
Claims to be strong in the eyes of death when his life he himself already forsake!

Unvote Vote AfroGandhi

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But I just don't wanna end the Day before the other duders can speak up. Or, at least, Jerkus, RR, and Gheb.
Clear are the positions of the Circus and the dragon
Nothing for them to show; just waiting on the result
Both were clear supporters of the Ghandi's wagon
Full of hope only waiting on a fortunate new's exult

The Circus Clown's position was stronger and clearer so he might get relief
From my accusations when we'll see whether Gandhi was truthful or just deceive

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

AfroGandhi (4) - Red Ryu, Circus, J, Gheb_01
J ()
Evil Eye ()
Gheb_01 ()
Circus () -
vVv Choice (1) - AfroGandhi
Red Ryu ()

Not voting: Evil Eye, vVv Choice

Hammer! :smash:

Twilight has now begun! Twilight will end June 23rd, 2:00pm EST.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
We are getting somewhere! I would like you to tell us why his push on Ryu/Axel was weak. Also isn't that what you did with Washed as well Circus? You just threw your vote on him and let it sink until I became your main attention.
His pushes on Ryu and Axel are weak because look at them, J. Are you asking me to spoonfeed you because you need to be spoonfed or because you think you're testing me on something here? They are weak because there's no substance to them and he has gone at each of you like a sloth. He called you a "vulture" because of night visions he claimed to have and was determined to see you lynched as a result of it. Then he retroactively seemed to say that he basically just wanted you dead because he doesn't like your play or something before dropping you entirely. He has done essentially the same thing with Ryu. Calls him "evil" only to later recant and say "when I say 'evil,' I mean that he is the villain to smart play!" It's all a big dodge and it sucks. And Gheb sucks. And you suck. And everyone sucks! :mad088:

And no, that's not what I did with Washed. Once I got down to legitimately thinking Washed was scum, I started actually pushing him for real reasons, in a real discussion.

Can you also specify who in fact are vocal players then?
I don't see how this is even helpful. But basically anyone other than Gheb would be a better pick, including many of the dead players. I think I described Gheb pretty accurately as background noise. He hasn't been actively involved in any of the pirmary discussions in this game; the way he posts naturally allows him to avoid them, and so he has. This is just an observable thing.

You agree that your reasoning is weak is my point.
No, I do not. I simply agree that my reasoning is informed by useful meta. Although, in this case, we seem to be stretching the word meta to include "X usually plays in a visibly assertive pro-town way, and here X is not playing in a visibly assertive pro-town way."

@the rest of your 2468:

You're oversimplifying things quite a bit when you say that my only reasoning for switching to Afro is because "a lot happened on D2," and that my suspicion of Gheb is based purely on meta. If you don't like it, fine I guess, but don't twist this around to look like I'm not making decent points by wholesale excluding the explanations I've given to back them up. I hardly even get why you suspect me in the first place, yet seem to have no interest in even speaking directly to Gheb.

Also, this...?
Basing things off connections is a very weak reason to support a reason to call someone scum.
Yeah, I don't understand this at all. Connections are important. Sometimes the connections you see don't actually exist, but that's the risk you run with anything. We've got to make some educated assertions sometimes.

Afro's claim doesn't make me like him anymore than I did before. Personally, what gets me more than EE's 2479 or Afro's response to it is the fact that he's still trying to stall us out with this Choice case that apparently hasn't been abandoned yet. It's total BS, but I'll be honest, I expected him to give it up eventually. The fact that he apparently still plans on presenting something to us later, or is at least sticking to the lie, is kind of amazing to me. And I'd like to see him do it. So since we really aren't in any sort of rush, I'd like to wait for him to either give us this Holy Grail of cases that he claims to have been working on for all this time, or own up to not doing it at all.

But I ain't unvotin', because if EE wants to hammer his *** now, I really won't be that upset. Even better if Afro self-hammers, imo.

Also, lovin' DAT BUS @ 2500

EBWOPreview: I just typed out this whole post thinking Afro was at L-1, not hammered. So ignore what's no longer relevant.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, while I really see no way for Afro to not flip scum toDay, that 2500 from Gheb is grimy as **** regardless. Either he hammered his scummate to try to wring one last shred of town credibility out of this situation, or he just hammered a townie to end the Day five full days early, right after EE said he wanted input from Ryu and I before the hammer dropped. Either way, his schizophrenia on who he wants lynched is pretty unbelievable (in every sense of the word), and his early hammer is the definition of anti-town.

We are absolutely lynching Gheb's *** toMorrow.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think a mass claim is needed to tomorrow before any lynch occurs.

We're nearing end game and we need to solidify who is town and scum.

Choice

Smash Champion
sorry i'm not caught up. next time i get on a computer i'll catch up.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Didn't like the abrupt hammer, but I'm at least glad to be done with Gandhi (one way or another) and move on to new information. He's totes scum though, gotta be.

word @ RR though. If you're legit get them reads in here.

Choice

Smash Champion
alright caught up, though the day is over now i still wanted to say a few things. sorry about the past few days guys. my sister will be bringing me her laptop on monday so this wont be an issue after then.

Choice, is the post quoted in 2474 one of your crumbs?
yes.

Ryu, I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Remember I am half of a whole, and while I have to take responsibility for posts, I'm unlikely to remember posts that I didn't write. Since I don't remember them, I have to ask you what you mean, and in general since the burden of proof falls on you etc etc. you can certainly take a second to quote something when asked.

Please explain what you meant by the bolded in whatever post I asked you about it. Thanks.
i didn't like this defense at all. you've said the same thing before, EE even quoted you on it. also this one is what?

"You think Laundry is scum? What gives you that idea?"

i dunno, you're deinitely scum so ty for dying.

Choice

Smash Champion
ebwop: definitely*

also as for Gheb's hammer, i dont like it either. i'm getting off this computer soon, but i think he had his vote on Gandhi earlier, and unvoted, essentially setting himself up for the hammer since everyone else was on his case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Didn't like the abrupt hammer, but I'm at least glad to be done with Gandhi (one way or another) and move on to new information. He's totes scum though, gotta be.

word @ RR though. If you're legit get them reads in here.
Circus and Choice are cleared town to me, Choice is the strongest of the two. Circus is cleared based on Choice J claims that Circus could be godfather or tailor not sure about this. I find it to be unlikely.

EE you feel like you're more likely to be town over J and Gheb, your pushes make sense to me and your voting patterns as of recent help me elevate things.

J I have some trouble, his pushes on Circus and such make me double take, but looking at it from a town perspective I can see it.

Gheb bothers me a tad, I want him to put himself out more. He has sidelined and been vague at points, even his rebuttal to me was how others commented back to me about him. Still I can't shake that his restriction bothers me a tad.

#HBC | Dancer

"You're going to get rid of me? Do you know who I am? What I've done? Where I came from? Sons and daughters, you are all making a terrible mistake. You see, I've been putting down my life for the sake of this country for a long, long time now! Heh, hell, I've been doing good for this country ever since you all were just sperm. Well, I'll be damn if I'm going to just let this happen. Me, an honorable war captain. You people today, your drugs and rock and roll and your dirty liberal hollywood and cheap novels. My goodness. Why . . ."

Before he could continue any longer, everyone quickly finished the decided deed of the Day, before he could go on any further. Despite his annoying bickering, everyone was actually feeling a bit guilty. It's not easy to kill an old man.

However, everyone is relieved to find out that:

Captain Koons (X1) was actually the mafia Godfather, and has been lynched!

Night 3 begins! Night ends June 25, 6:00 pm EST.

#HBC | Dancer

vVv Choice (Butch Coolidge, town cop) has been killed during the Night!

---

Vote Count

J ()
Evil Eye ()
Gheb_01 ()
Circus ()
Red Ryu ()

Not voting: Evil Eye, Red Ryu, Circus, J, Gheb_01

Day 4 begins! Deadline has been set to July 5th, 6:00 pm EST.

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I am incredibly sorry for tunneling you Circus.

Anyways at this point it seems like it's only down to two people left that could be scum and that's Gheb/EE.
We should mass-claim, but at the moment I don't see anyone I am gonna be voting besides Gheb.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J - Lance, Town Vanilla
Red Ryu - Jules Winnfield, Town One-shot Vigilante.

The claim line should go Gheb>EE>Circus.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I am incredibly sorry for tunneling you Circus.
Awesome. No dramas. Now we can finally get around to dominating this game. :cool:

Fine with this order for the claims. Though I'm not totally against the idea of just ripping Gheb off like a band-aid toDay. I don't know that there's really anything he could claim that would convince me he's not scum.

Top Bottom