• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
MODOK
[COLLAPSE="smashbot226"]Like you've probably heard already, MODOK is a pretty vast improvement over
your other sets this contest. You do a good job with MODOK's character (even if
you did borrow an awful lot of material from MvC to do it), and manage to
produce some interesting shenanigans revolving around the LOU's. Your acronym
move names actually suit the set very well, I feel. Sure, they're
ridiculous-sounding, but so is MODOK.

And now I have to be negative; a good chunk of that playstyle section (the part where you describe MODOK's hover-thing)
isn't really a playstyle at all, and would be better off lumped in with the
statistics or in a special mechanic setion. Also, the actual playstyle part if
better off at the end of the moveset. Think of it as the conclusion of an essay;
you're summing up everything that the reader has seen so far and describing how
it al fits together. Conclusions don't make much sense at the beginning of
essays. And yes, skipping inputs is rarely a good idea. *Is savagely beaten by Throw-lovers everywhere*

Also, your stat sections come across as very hipster, due to ranking stats
out of five instead of the more widely-used ten. Whether that's a good or bad is
up to you.[/COLLAPSE]
Klobber
[COLLAPSE="BKupa666"]Klobber is a character with severe limitations; he hasn't got that much
potential to work with, but that's something you're used to. Klobber is a great
set, but what really keeps him from being as good as say, Necky, is that you do
go slightly outside Klobber's comfort zone with the grenades, Klobber's barrel
turning out to be a cannon, and that Down Special that reeks of Ka-Boom. It
feels a bit like you've violated those limitations I just mentioned earlier,
which keeps Klobber out of superstar territory.

But why am I spending half a comment harping on the only serious problem I
had with a set that I liked very much? Klobber does have a very unique, fitting
playstyle in the way he constantly pushes the foe off the edge to be gimped, and
the characterization is dead on. Klobber is highly enjoyable to read, overall.
Good stuff here.[/COLLAPSE]
Trace
[COLLAPSE="majora_787"]Trace has a few examples of progress on your part, Majora. You're beginning
to work in some interactions that encourage Trace to play a certain way. The
flaw here is that there doesn't seem to be much logic behind them. For example,
take the fact that Trace can attack out of invisibility for increased damage in
his Triskelion form. It encourages attacking out of invsibility, pulling hit and
run shenanigans, which is great. But -why- does he get a power boost? I have
never been invisible, but I doubt it would make me punch any harder.

Another of your problems, I think, is that you're rushing your way through
these sets. It's never a bad thing to take your time on a set and really flesh
it out. My two highest-placing sets, Kamek and Dormammu, were written over
periods of months. Taking a long time on a set sometimes allows you more time to
gather ideas, work out how your moves interact, and cut down on generic
material.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, which I think actually deserves a good
deal of credit for pulling MYM out of a slump, but you might be better
served by taking your time.[/COLLAPSE]
Vlad
[COLLAPSE="darth meanie and MasterWarlord"]Now to whom, exactly, should I address this comment? The meanie is dead and
the Warlord just tidied up, making it unclear exactly who I'm talking to here. I
suppose I'll just have to monologue at DM's corpse.

The set revolves around a few interesting concepts. Frankly, I'm surprised
that Vlad's duplicate shenanigans are so unique in this modern age; like Kupa
says, it really seems something similar should have been attempted before. Just
goes to show that there are plenty of ideas left for MYM to latch onto. And you
also manage to name a move "Ecto Balls" with a straight face. Nicely done.

Vlad is very well-executed, but while the interactions with his duplicates
are focused and form a coherent playstyle, they fail to ever do anything that
really impresses me. After reading the Specials, I was very interested to see
where all this was going, but I felt that the set itself didn't live up to the
promise of the first few attacks. Like Smady, I think there was some potential
wasted here, although this remains a good set.[/COLLAPSE]
Gastly
[COLLAPSE="KingK.Rool"]Finding this in the thread was an excellent surprise. I was expecting a Rool
set this contest like I was expecting something very unlikely that escapes me at
the moment. Gastly is my favorite set of the contest, for the way he creates a
solid playstyle out of simple (but not generic) attacks. The set is also
relentlessly clever and completely in-character, which doesn't hurt.

Gastly also has an excellent take on invisibility; those small visual cues
(*) actually make it possible for the Gastly player to know where he is while
the opponent is left with only the vaguest idea. I'm not sure there's any decent
criticism I can provide here, really. The closest I can come is that you don't
make movesets nearly often enough for my liking.[/COLLAPSE]

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. The idea was that it would make sense because, if you're in a fight with three people and one is invisible, you'll be anticipating and defending the visible attacks from all three, not the invisible attacks from the one.

Sort of...

2. And yes. I'll be taking my time next time, and sending it for editing. =P

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
ADMIRAL BOBBERY

Admiral Bobbery is one of the partners that Mario befriends in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. After years of juggling his two loves in life: his wife Scarlette and sailing the ocean, he returned from one adventure only to find that Scarlette had passed on. Driven by the guilt of not being with her to nurse her back to health, he gave up sailing to live a life as an outsider, almost never leaving his house. After Mario delivered a letter from his wife, he was inspired to relive his life as a navigator, and further assist Mario an his adventure to recover the Crystal Stars. It's not known what he's done since, but I'd like to think that he became a captain of his own ship, complete with his own crew to go on adventures with on the high sea.

=/= Statistics =/=
Size: 2
Ground Movement: 4
Weight: 1
Jump: 5
Aerial Movement: 5
Fall Speed: 1
Range: 10
Traction: 8
Attack Speed: 5
Power: 9​

Bobbery's stats aren't the best around. He's small, not very fast, extremely lightweight(he's made of paper after all!), not good in the air, and a slow faller. His range, due to having almost no direct attacks, is fantastic, and his power level is quite high. All of his worse stats are made up for by his great long-range game, and his decent defensive game. Bobbery functions as an offensive character, despite lacking many "physical" attacks.

***Special Attacks***

"Jab" Attack =/= Fuse Control
Wait, what? This isn't a special! Well, no, but this is absolutely vital knowledge that you must know in order to understand Bobbery. Upon pressing the jab button, Bobbery's fuse will light, because by default it will be unlit at the beginning of the match. In order for Bobbery to use any attack that involves explosions by winding down his fuse, this move must have been used first. However, the fuse does not automatically wind down because Bobbery, being an old bomb, has mastered the art of keeping his fuse at length until he needs it. Even then, it takes ten seconds to wind all the way down, and until then he can't successfully explode. By pressing the jab input after the fuse has been lit, Bobbery will unlight himself, the fire on the fuse extinguishing. One might think that Bobbey, a bomb, would always want his fuse lit. This is not the case, as Bobbery's style is much more cerebral than just randomly exploding.

Down Special =/= Bob-omb Crew

This move functions much like Olimar's down special, as Bobbery whistles to make a bob-omb pirate, like the one pictured above, runs out from the background behind that is hidden behind him and takes his place behind Bobbery on the battlefield. They are about 75% of Bobbery's size. From here, they function like Olimar's Pikmin, walking, running, and jumping behind Bobbery loyally. These guys each have 15% stamina, dieing unspectacularly after taing this amount of damage. They take no knockback, only flinching after being attacked. Bobbery can have up to 5 of these guys behind him at a time, actually being able to have 8 on the field total. Now then, when Bobbery lights his fuse, these guys will light up also. However they are not as experienced as Bobbery, their fuse winding down automatically, taking 5 seconds for it to go all the way. When the fuse is at the bottom, The bob-omb will explode, the blast having a range of .75 Smart Bomb blasts, dealing 20% damage and high knockback. These guys will explode immediatly when hit with an explosion, having the same properties as the explosion mentioned above. If they explode, they're out of the match.

Side Special =/= Bomb Squad

Bobbery strikes a fighting pose, a cursor appearing in front of him. Bobbery now has control over the cursor, being able to move it up and down. The location of the cursor effects the trajectory at which Bobbery throws his bombs, pictured above. To throw the bombs, Bobbery needs only to release the special button. These are about the size of a normal Bob-omb item. The farthest Bobbery can throw them is 5 Bowser lengths, the shortest being about 1.5 Kirby lengths. You can pick them up and throw them like items, but your opponents can't. These guys aren't automatically lit, having to be lit like your crew. However, they will light in the order that they were thrown, lighting .25 seconds one after the other. When lit, they explode after only 1 second, with a blast that is one Kirby in length and 2 Kirbys in height, which deal 5% damage and very light knockback that won't really send many people flying. Bobbery can "combo" using these bombs by setting up several in the same spot, and another similar spot about 1 Bowser length away. Get an opponent between these two spots, light up, and watch them get juggled around in your death trap.

Neutral Special =/= Explode
This move is pretty straight forward. Firstly, Bobbery can only use this move when his fuse is lit up, otherwise, he'll just have a "dude wtf" look on his face. When lit, Bobbery will begin to glow red and sweat, letting his fuse run down. Like I said, it takes Bobbery's fuse takes 10 seconds to wind down all the way. Luckily, you don't have to wind down all in one shot, as Bobbery can easily cancel this by releasing the special button, with the fuse staying at the same spot as it was when you canceled (this works for all fuse related attacks, as the fuse retains it's length from attack to attack). This is almost lagless, as Bobbery needs only to change his stance before returning to normal. When the fuse reaches Bobbery, he flashes for .5 seconds before exploding, with a blast range of 1.25 Smart Bomb blasts. The explosion deals 20% damage and high knockback, albiet with a pretty obvious start up. After the explosion, Bobbery looks as though he'd been Koed in Paper Mario: TTYD (laying on the ground face down), but gets up without losing a stock. Any Bob-ombs behind Bobbery will explode automatically. This does have some extremely heavy end lag, bobbery is helpless while laying on the ground.

Up Special =/= Launch
Bobbery looks up at the sky (assuming his fuse is lit, if not he gets that same wtf face), glowing red and sweating like before. His fuse begins to wind down once again, taking 10 seconds like before. Also as before, Bobbery can cancel his fuse's descent simply by releasing the special button. After the Fuse reaches Bobbery, he will flash red, and...explode. The explosion this time, however, launches Bobbery upwards at a slight angle, moving at Sonic's dash in speed and reaching about 7 Gannondorfs in height. The explosion itself it smaller than before, retaining the height of the former but being slightly under half the length. The explosion does 20% damage and high knockback like before, however the purpose of this move is more to recover than damage. Bobbery does not go into his helpless state after being launched, but he cannot use this again in the air. Any Bob-ombs behind him will explode on contact with the explosion.

***Tilts and Dash***​

Forward Tilt =/= Captain's Orders
Bobbery points forward with his foot, ordering his first Bob-omb in line to dash out. The Bob-omb will dash out in front of him about 2 Bowser lengths (assuming there is no ledge. If there is, the bob-omb will stop .25 Kirbys in front of it.) and...just stand there. Yes, you're bob-omb will faithfully stand there, waiting for orders. This plays a large part of Bobbery's game, as he needs to correctly position his crew in optimum positions.

Down Tilt =/= Winding Down
Bobbery, while in the crouch position, will automatically light his fuse for this attack. Unlike your jab, this will not light the fuses of any other bomb on the stage. Because of this, this move is one that Bobbery will be using a lot. As the title suggests, Bobbery's fuse will just wind down, taking ten seconds, like all other moves. As with the other moves that wind down the fuse, Bobbery can cancel whenever he wants by releasing the Standard button. Bobbery's fuse will automatically extinguish after this move is released. i don't think I need to explain the uses for this.

Up Tilt =/= Crew Call Back
Bobbery whistles and, as the name implies, calls back his crew. If you have more than 5 bob-ombs on the screen, only the closest of your crew will come back. Sometimes, mistakes are made and you realize that you're current set-up won't work, so you have to call them back and start from scratch.

Dashing Attack =/= Defuse
Bobbery dashes forward at 1 speed faster than his normal dash, not doing any damage or knockback, but causing fliching if it hits any opponent. He will dash about 3 Bowser lengths, making this a very long-range dash. When used on one of your Bombs (Pirate or otherwise) Bobbery will extingush any fuse on his crew, preventing them from exploding prematurely. They will not re-light their fuse until Bobbery light his own, meaning that if his fuse is lit, he will have to wait until he not only un-lights himself, but re-lights himself before they light up again.

***Smash Attacks***

Side Smash =/= Duty Calls
Assuming that there are Bob-ombs behind him, Bobbery motions for the first one to dash out. It does, it's fuse automatically lighting and winding down as it does so. The bob-omb will continue walking at Bobbery's walk speed until it either explodes or reaches an edge, in which case it will just turn around. When it finally does explode, it has the same properties explained before. This time, however, if it's hit it will explode. If Bobbery uses his dash attack on this bomb, it will simply take it's place in the back of the line.

Up Smash =/= Flare
Bobbery looks up (once again assuming that his own fuse is lit) and gets a determined look on his face. After .5 seconds of starting lag, his fuse starts to flare, looking a bit like a Fourth of July sprinkler (for those non-americans, the flame begins to shower out of his head). The flare reaches a pretty pathetic single Bowser-width on either side of him, dealing any enemys in that area 5% fire damage. If the flare comes into contact with one of his bombs (pirateor otherwise), their fuse will light. Bobbery can toggle this off normally. This doesn't last terribly long, only about 1 second.

Down Smash =/= Premature Explosion
Bobbery gets all serious looking as he gets a pained expression on his face. Assuming his fuse is lit, it will start to wind down at twice it's usual speed. The explosion has the same properties as the explosion in his Neutral Special, dealing 20% damage and high knockback, and making any bomb within the blast range (same as his neutral special) is automatically asploded. The same extremely heavy end lag is still there, too. It's best to use this to cover previous miscalculations on your own part, using this can hopefully make the best out of a bad situation.

***Grab and Throws***

Grab and Pummel =/= Filibuster
Bobbery's grab range is pretty normal, not having too much range but not on Gannondorf level either. obbery grabs with his non-existing arms (or maybe that moustache has more power than previously thought...). Anyway, Bobbery's pummel is a simple headbutt, that deals 3% damage per hit. The main use is the secondary effect, however: Bobbery's fuse gets what would be approximatly .5 seconds worth of burning shorter. Just as this move's namesake, use this to buy yourself time, waste theirs, and get your way against an annoyingly persistant foe.

Forward Throw =/= Simple Kick
Bobbery, as the name implies, simply kicks the foe forward about 2.5 Bowser-widths, dealing 8% damage. Simple exicution, endless possibilities for uses. Firstly, by the time you want to go full-on offensive, you'll have bombs sprinkled throughout the stage, and this will allow you to throw your opponents riht into the middle of a, for lack of a better word, minefield. Even if you don't have your crew set up in their positions, you will probably have your bomb squad out. Putting someone into this mini minefield is one of Bobbery's best ways of racking damage.

Backward Throw =/= Loyal Until the End
Bobbery turns around while the opponent is grabbed...and lets them go. Will you get sympathy from him? No. You will not. In actuality, if Bobbery has any crew behind him (even one will suffice), he is just letting them get to the opponent themselves.(If there is no crew behind you,yes, he just releases them). The crew member directly behind Bobbery will now grab onto the opponent DK DThrow style (yes, this looks as ridiculous as it sounds) and simply walk forward, it's fuse burning down at a normal rate. The opponent has to button-mash out of this, having resistance about twice that of a regular grab. Once the crew's fuse burns all the way down, the crew mamber explodes, having the same properties as before.

Down Throw =/= Bit o' Dirty Fightin Never Hurt Anyone
Bobbery takes out one of those bombs from his Side Special and waves it in front of the opponents face. He then jumps up, and places the bomb inside the opponents clothing. (If the character isn't wearing clothing, Bobbery hides it in theyir fur/scales/whatever). The Bomb isn't initially lit. In fact, Bobbery will have to light it manually using his Up Smash. The explosion that follows has the same properties as those described in his side special.

Up Throw =/= Minor Meltdown
Bobbery launches the opponent into the air, dealing 10% damage. He then takes one of those sneaky little Bombs and throws it straight up into the air. This one, unlike you're Dthrow, is automatically lit. If calculated and used at the right time, Bobbery will be able to use his Dthrow in conjunction with his Uthrow to "combo" with the small explosions and set up his minimal air game.

***Aerials***​

Neutral Aerial =/= Soft Kick
Bobbery deliveres a "soft kick" in front of him, which deals 5% damage and light knockback. The best part is that Bobbery can kick his Bombs that he throws in the air, allowing for an assault from above.

Forward Aerial =/= Bombs Away
Bobbery tucks in his tiny limbs and starts to burn down. He cannonballs, rolling towards the ground, any crew member behind him doing so as well. Upon hitting the ground, he will stay in this curled up position until either the fuse whithers away and he explodes or he releases the the button. Any attack on Bobbery will, instead of causing him knockback normally, damage him and send him flying like a soccer ball. Opponents have to be careful when attacking him like this, as this may be exacly what he wants to set up.

Down Aerial =/= Drop da Bomb
If Bobbery has no crew behind him, this doesn't do anything. If there is, the Bob-omb directly behind Bobbery will suddenly drop, flying straight down. This pushes anyone under it downwards. If the fuse is lit and it reaches it's head, the bob-omb will explode.

Backward Aerial =/= Abusive Boss
Well, i'msure he doesn't mean to be. Bobbery delivers a lolbackwards kick that delivers a tiny 5% damage and small insignificant knckback. However if Bobbery has any of his crew behind him, he will kick them out, pushing them about 3 Bowser widths behind him. This could be used as both lolmoar spacing or gimping off stage.

Up Aerial =/= Bomb Throw
Bobbery throws one of his little bombs up in the air, it being pre-lit. This allows Bobbery to not only use his Nair effectively, but also pull off more of those bomb multi hits/combos with his Uthrow and Dthrow. Bobbery benefits from this, as these little combos are Bobbery's main way of racking damage.

***FINAL SMASH***
The Wrath of Cortez
Bobbery has gotten the Smash Ball! Bobbery's ship appears on the right-hand side of the stage, and will stay there for 10 seconds. Your job is to get as many opponents onto that ship in that amount of time. You have until either the timer runs out or you get every opponent on the ship. Assuming you've successfully gotten them onboard, the ship sails off, starting with a cutscene of Bobbery driving them to an Island far away. All of a sudden, the skull of Cortez from Paper Mario: TTYD appears, along with all of his weapons. He slashes at the enemy comically, koing them instantly. He then yells out to Bobbery:"See you later, Amigo!" before Bobbery returns to the stage.

***PLAYSTYLE***
Bobbery is an overall...um...strange character with a pretty high learning curve. Firstly, ta Bobbery player must master the art of timing: when and where to set up and defuse your various explosions. This is a must. Starting out, it's a good idea to focus more on learning how to control your own fuse, while using the bombs (not the crew) to do damage. Sure, you'll look like a scrub, but the best thing at an early stage is to get their damage up, whether it be juggling them in the air or simply placing the bombs well. Then you can focus on getting the big finish. Of course, doing this will get you nowhere in turneys or at just very high levels of play, as the Bobbery player must also master the art of placement. Practicing with just the small bombs first should tune your senses to how you need to place bombs on various stages. After that, you can move up to mastering your minions, or your crew, whatever you want to call them. Starting with only a few, then adding on is the best way to get the feel of the crew in your mind. After you've successfully mastered placing and timing with all of your components, you can have tons of fun throwing your opponents around.

As for your actual gameplan at high levels of play? Well, it's best to get some crew out there to back you up first. Set them at areas around the stage you feel comfertable with, and make sure not to leave that area at any cost, unless it's to get to another safe zone on larger stages. Then, you can begin to pursue the foe with bombs, get them trapped where they can't get out. Persuing with grabs is the best option to follow, as you could get a pummel KO if you've been rationing you're fuse down with your crews. Getting opponents in the air is a good idea, as Bobbery at least has SOME form of a competent gimping game. Mostly, though, you'll be relying on your crew to KO for you, assuming you've set them up in the right place and you can get you're opponent there at the right time. Exploding yourself should come as setting off a chain reaction from which your opponent cannot escape.

smashbot226

Smash Master
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This is to tide you all over until Zoroark is finished.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

BARE MINIMUM MAN

Backstory: He's a barely naked man.

All stats: 3/5
Glide/Crawl/Wall Cling/Wall Jump: No

NORMAL ATTACKS
A: One Two Punch
A>: Scratch
A^: Uppercut
Av: Floor claw swipe
Forward Smash: Tackle
Up Smash: Double claw swipe (like Shiek's up smash)
Down Smash: Earthquake
Dash attack: Running claw swipe

Nair: Spin
Fair: Claw Swipe
Bair: Reverse claw swipe
Dair: Downwards claw swipe
Uair: Upwards claw swipe

Throws:
Pummel: Claw swipe
Forward Throw: Toss forward
Back throw: Toss backward
Up throw: Toss upward
Down throw: Toss downward

Special Moves:

B: Bite
He bites at the enemy. Does a single hit with decent knockback, and can eat projectiles and items.

B>: Bare Charge
He charges at the enemy. Powerful attack.

B^: Bare Flip
He does a flip in the air, that helps him recover

Bv: Bare Spin
He spins around. Gives slight vertical height if rapidly tapped

Final Smash: Manly Landmaster

OTHER INFO
Taunts:
Bare minimum man does a thumbs up
Bare minimum man flips the bird
Bare minimum man raises his pinky

Victory Poses:
Same as taunts

Snake Codec:
Snake: What sort of enemy am I fighting?
Colonel: Bare minimum
Snake: Anything else?
Colonel: He's a bare man
Snake: What should I do?
Colonel: Don't get hit

Stage: Manly Man Forest
Just a flat bed of grass, with walk off edges. There's a forest in the background, but that's irrelevant.

majora_787

Smash Hero
... Okay. I'm not surprised by Smashbot's trollset, but did Getocoolaid just post a set with all inputs?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MAGIC SYNDROME SONIC

I feel the more generic moves are largely forgivable when the moveset has what’s essentially triple as many inputs as the regular moveset. If you removed all the filler extra inputs, you’d still have enough to make a very good moveset with all of the relevant flow with the void/cube/spikes/lasers that’s already been talked about. I would tell you to indeed just minimize the moveset to 23 inputs and keep the good stuff, but then the moveset would indeed be magic syndrome Sonic and not Colors Sonic. Still, I would’ve preferred you to get the extra powers to actually contribute something to Sonic’s gameplan beyond just being spare parts in his toolbox, because as is they’re blatantly just last resort if his main defensive playstyle is invalidated.

Also, did you notice what I just passively said? I don’t care if it’s for another version of Sonic, you managed to make Sonic into what plays as a largely defensive and trappy character, with him only using his other options when he’s forced to due to other characters invalidating his main strategy. You don’t admit this in the moveset, obviously, but that’s where all the actual flow is, much less with him having so many long range projectiles. If he doesn’t do that, he largely abandons all flow.

A very harsh comment indeed, but I’d definitely say this was a tremendous learning experience for you, Chaos Swordsman, as you definitely are becoming a lot more conscious of flow. This (Version of) character is an astoundingly difficult one to make a good and at the same time in-character moveset for.

SPIDERMAN VILLIAN WORSE THAN GREEN GOBLIN

There’s nothing inherently wrong with Venom’s mechanic and it’s a nice balancing factor for the moveset and incentive for him to hurry up, but I feel that it should’ve been taken more directly advantage of with strength based moves getting stronger as Venom gave in to the monstrous side of him more as time went on or something – it just feels like a wasted source of potential. You also introduce something to potentially build off of with the dthrow, but rather than give you moves specifically intended to deal with a foe who can’t move, you give him pretty much a single valid response with his dsmash. While cool, it feels very flowcharty as it’s so blatantly better than his other options, and from there you just lead into Venom’s underwhelming gimping game. There are several incredibly cool individual concepts in the moveset, but in the end it leads up to an even more telegraphed offensive character than a comboer.

ANOTHER HALLOWEEN THEMED ROOL SET NOT POSTED ON HALLOWEEN

Gastly largely feels like another token invisibility set that offers little new to the genre – the way the moveset is talked about it’s as if there haven’t been any remotely offensive invisibility characters before and that it’s not a fairly obvious thing to do, in which case I’d direct you to Sothe. Whereas Sothe has a more specific goal of backstabbing, Gastly has a very, very vaguely defined goal of baiting the foe to one spot by revealing himself, then moving to another and attacking them as they go to said spot. The foe presumably won’t be herded around like mindless sheep, though, and will typically attack at the open air, turning the whole thing into a mindless guessing game from both parties – essentially, you made a moveset for Ganon’s Side Special. Good job. The moveset falls apart further when there is a large focus on gimping with nothing new introduced to the table at all, especially when the invisibility doesn’t play into said gimping at all when that’d be an obvious way to at least pretend you’re doing something clever. What attempts you have to vary up the set come off as forced creativity, most obviously in the dsmash, but it’s pretty impressive when you manage to make random tripping and forcing foes into free fall awkward. To give you a further idea of my opinion on this moveset, Sothe, the moveset I was comparing it to as a role model, I found to be incredibly forgettable.

GENERAL BOBBERY

The fuse mechanic feels like a very awkward limitation for Bobbery, no matter whether or not he can make the fuse go down a bit faster, as all he’s left with otherwise are a handful of generic weak terrible range kicks. Aside from only being able to use half his moveset every so often, it also comes across as incredibly awkward that it’s not some sort of constant timer that explodes him automatically, getting rid of the most obvious potential for an interesting playstyle that the fuse would’ve given. The other half of his moveset that he’s allowed to use without his fuse relies on his bob-omb minions (Which feel rather OOC) existing, and even then he has to set off their fuses as well. The decision to not make the fuse a special comes across even more awkwardly when you take into account it means he can’t use it in the air (If you really needed the special space, you should’ve just had it been the nair too), further minimizing his options. Very little flow is present in the moveset outside some standard positioning of his Bob-ombs for stage control, but even that doesn’t work because of Bobbery having to be near them to set off their fuses to cause them to actually do anything. As a final note, and while this is a problem with all of your movesets, it’s most prevalent here: You’re regularly stating that things flow together when they don’t, which blatantly comes across as you both not knowing what you’re talking about and makes it harder to find what little real flow there is.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
... Okay. I'm not surprised by Smashbot's trollset, but did Getocoolaid just post a set with all inputs?
Oh, you're a funny, funny man. Just look at me rolling on the floor laughing. :troll:

In response to you, Warlord (thank you for the comment by the way)...I really can't argue with any point you make. I'm still experimenting and really trying to learn the ways of moveset making, and as such...no I don't know what I'm talking about in hindsight. I suppose I'm a slow learner in this regard. The whole goal for this really was to see how far I could stretch this character, and I guess in your(and most likely other's) view I failed. I WILL definitly try to improve for next time (although ranking this below Bad Girl, really?) and read more on flow to get a better grasp of it and try to know what the hell I'm talking about.
Negative comment? No. Constructive criticism is all I see it as.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
It's been a long time since I last commented my comments!

Ghast
Okay, I feel bad now, so I'll comment Gastly. I really love the organization here- compact, wonderful color scheme, and the move description separation are really superb, although it's nothing short of what you've made in the past. The ghostly feel to the moveset I also absolutely adore, and some moves I can't get enough of, especially False Floor. The entire moveset is simply delicious. You certainly also captured Gastly's polterguist nature with the various invisibility and trolling moves. Is this moveset great? Yes, it is. Actually, my first favorite of the contest. Is it a Zant or a Romero? Not quite, but we'll still have to wait to see if you make anything else this contest. Great job droogy.
Thanks, Khold! I appreciate getting one of your rare full read-throughs. ;)

It almost seems backward how we come from Vlad to Gastly - they are quite similar, and yet quite polar opposites at the same time. One only has to note the simplistic flow and completely grounded approach to this set to know it's a Rool set - and in my opinion, it's a fine one. It's one of those projects with few mistakes, and much to compliment, so lets get right to it. This set is downright inspirational in how it ties the themes of the Pokémon into a perfectly-fitted playstyle; everything from the writing style down to the organisation feels so right. That's obviously only a small part of it - Gastly's forceful, but meagre attacks dress the playstyle, such that Gastly feels weak, but played to his strengths, he can deliberately put the opponent in a place they don't want to be. It's nothing new and certainly is a cosy choice for Gastly, but it works wonders for the character and it's hard to imagine it being pulled off any better.

It's so surprising to me how the minor uses of the inputs actually come together so strongly and create such a compelling playstyle. However, what Gastly actually does is not so good that I fell in love with the set, mind you, due to just how simplistic the set is. What really impresses is how it also avoids stepping over the line and becoming bland or generic in what it attempts to do. It really comes across as a more artistic piece of work: it fits the bill with your other sets of this nature, living on a minute plane of existence close to nothingness, adamant of its place in the compendium of memorable sets. At its core, the set is mostly made up of single-use functions that I would normally hate, and yet in spite of their lack of originality, the specials and invisibility mechanic completely justify them. It's the minimalistic approach I loathe, but here it actually works. So in all, it's a great set and certainly one of my favourites from Make Your Move X thus far.
A very incisive comment, Daddy. Thanks.

Gastly
Finding this in the thread was an excellent surprise. I was expecting a Rool
set this contest like I was expecting something very unlikely that escapes me at
the moment. Gastly is my favorite set of the contest, for the way he creates a
solid playstyle out of simple (but not generic) attacks. The set is also
relentlessly clever and completely in-character, which doesn't hurt.

Gastly also has an excellent take on invisibility; those small visual cues
(*) actually make it possible for the Gastly player to know where he is while
the opponent is left with only the vaguest idea. I'm not sure there's any decent
criticism I can provide here, really. The closest I can come is that you don't
make movesets nearly often enough for my liking.
I hardly expected to make it! Glad you liked it so much.

Now the big one. Deep breath...

ANOTHER HALLOWEEN THEMED ROOL SET NOT POSTED ON HALLOWEEN

Gastly largely feels like another token invisibility set that offers little new to the genre – the way the moveset is talked about it’s as if there haven’t been any remotely offensive invisibility characters before and that it’s not a fairly obvious thing to do, in which case I’d direct you to Sothe.
To compare his goal of getting around to the opponent's back through temporary complete invisibility to Gastly's of sporadically popping in and out of visibility and consistently surprising the opponent with unexpected status-and-spacing-based attacks is a real case of apples and oranges.

Whereas Sothe has a more specific goal of backstabbing, Gastly has a very, very vaguely defined goal of baiting the foe to one spot by revealing himself, then moving to another and attacking them as they go to said spot.
Gastly's goal is not at all just that, as we discussed in the chat. If you have to boil it down it's about outwitting the opponent and manuevering them into a position where an otherwise weak, prank-like attack can gimp them for a KO. This is only done by careful, repeated surprise attacks, hidden jabs, and brief chains of status effects. If you have to boil it down.

The foe presumably won’t be herded around like mindless sheep, though, and will typically attack at the open air, turning the whole thing into a mindless guessing game from both parties – essentially, you made a moveset for Ganon’s Side Special. Good job.
When they attack mindlessly, Gastly has a huge advantage, because his player knows where he is and can see what the opponent is doing. He has two attacks that specifically work to counter haphahazard attacks and many ways to punish heavy lag - by putting them to sleep or licking them, grabbing them, etc. It's not at all a mindless guessing game for the opponent, either, who will have to more carefully try to probe out where Gastly is.

The moveset falls apart further when there is a large focus on gimping with nothing new introduced to the table at all, especially when the invisibility doesn’t play into said gimping at all when that’d be an obvious way to at least pretend you’re doing something clever.
Invisibility ties hugely into the gimping. The point is that while they're off the stage Gastly could be in the air with them, on the edge of the stage waiting to edgeguard, or even standing on solid ground directly above or beneath them. He has all of his options and the opponent has no way to anticipate them as long as the Gastly player has savvily moved himself into place. Even once they're both in the gimpgame scene, Gastly can easily surprise by simply rematerializing and using one of his physical attacks - like his FAir.

What attempts you have to vary up the set come off as forced creativity, most obviously in the dsmash, but it’s pretty impressive when you manage to make random tripping and forcing foes into free fall awkward.
It's Gastly, a malicious invisible prankster. Random tripping is kind of the point. And anyway it's one of the two attacks (with that "forced" DSmash) that ties directly into his ability to nullify a mindlessly attacking opponent.

To give you a further idea of my opinion on this moveset, Sothe, the moveset I was comparing it to as a role model, I found to be incredibly forgettable.
That you were comparing Gastly to Sothe in the first place makes this more an indictment of you than of me (or gcubedude, who did a good job with a tough character).

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Riot Officer

Ah yes, the Riot Officer from one of my favorite PS2 games ever, TimeSplitters 2. Coming from the year 2019, the Riot Officers are the elite police force of NeoTokyo (and are the primary enemies in that stage as well). While not particularly heavily armed (all they typically have are Sci-Fi Handguns), the Riot Officers keep a tight grip on NeoTokyo by having great numbers and surveillance cameras positioned strategically around the city. Getting caught in the line of sight of one of these officers -or- of the cameras usually meant an instantly failed mission (making the NeoTokyo stage a particularly annoying one for those who aren't fans of stealth). As for multiplayer, Riot Officer is unlockable by clearing the Rice Cracker Rush Arcade League Mission with a Gold medal. In TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, Riot Officer was available by default. He's a fairly all-around character but he excels in accuracy in TS2 (while his stats are straight 5's in TS:FP).

Ahem, moving right along. Riot Officer acts as a very hazardous Assist Trophy, even to the person who summoned him! When summoned, the entire screen will turn take on a blue tint and the Riot Officer will -NOT- appear on the stage at this time. Two cameras however will appear at either end of the stage making it a tight squeeze on smaller stages. These cameras have a red cone around them, approximately the size of half a Smart Bomb explosion, that acts as a field of vision (and stands out quite clearly against the now blue-ish screen). If a Smasher steps into this field of vision, a siren will go off and a swarm of Riot Officers will rush the stage, shooting at all characters with their Sci-Fi Handguns. Oddly, these handguns appear very similar to the typical Ray-Gun weapon in Smash; they even do the same damage! Now, you -CAN- knock out any Riot Officers who appear during this time (they only have about 20% stamina) and can pick up their Sci-Fi Handgun to use against the other Riot Officers (or your opponents of course) but...be advised that there will be an endless stream of Riot Officers.

Yes, much like in the NeoTokyo stage, tripping a camera in Smash means you'll have an endless supply of Riot Officers after you. These Riot Officers will continue to spawn until the player/s who tripped the camera have been lost a stock meaning they'll be sticking around for quite a while if you can continue to fight them off. Also note that the Riot Officers will attack -EVERYONE-, not just the person who set off the camera, you see, Brawling is pretty much a riot, isn't it? Eventually however, you will fall to them; that's just how it goes. Once the player/s who triggered the camera get KO'd the Riot Officers will stop their assault, even if an "innocent" player killed like 50 of them or something. Alternatively, you -COULD- just avoid the cameras for 15 seconds; after that, they'll vanish.

Next time, don't be so eager to get your picture taken.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Back to basics, now with POKEMANS!

Gallade

//STATISTICS\\

Size: 6
Weight: 4
Jump Height: 5
Walk/Dash Speed: 5
Air Speed: 5
Air Control: 4
Fall Speed: 6

//Ability: Steadfast\\
Steadfast is an ability that increases Gallade's speed (walking, dashing, and air speed, but not fall speed) as his damage increases, similar to how Lucario's attack power scales with his own damage. This ability maxes out when Gallade reaches 160%, doubling his base speeds. In addition, the startup/end lag of some moves also scale with Steadfast, becoming doubled in speed when it maxes out. This allows Gallade's game to shift from safe and methodical at the beginning of a stock, to risky, glass cannon rushdown later in a stock.

NOTE: Steadfast doesn't affect Gallade's air control, meaning that he can't change direction easily without assistance when he gets to his faster speeds in the air. This also means that he needs a bit of room to accelerate to max air speed from a standing jump.

//Specials\\​

//Neutra Special: Magical Leaf \\​
Gallade focuses and summons floating leaves around him at a rate of two per second, up to a max of six leaves on stage at once, as long as you hold the B button. These leaves float in a circle around where Gallade summoned them (think Wood Man's Leaf Shield from Mega Man 2) and they remain there when Gallade moves away. If an opponent comes within half of a battlefield platform of a leaf, it will break from it's path and home in on the opponent with incredible speed (about equal to that of Pit's arrows). The leaves have a rather poor turning radius, taking a full second to make a u-turn if they miss, but will not stop pursuing the opponent until they hit them. They are also not destroyed on contact with the stage, instead simply ricocheting away at an appropriate angle and continuing their chase. Each individual leaf deals 2% damage with a slight, set upward knockback, allowing the first leaf to combo into the rest and carry them into the air with each hit. The only way to stop them is to shield them or cancel them with an attack, as they have virtually no priority, allowing a single extended attack such as a sex kick or jab combo to cancel out an entire barrage of leaves.

The leaves can be placed one at a time to cover more space, or all in one spot to get the most out of a successful hit. They are best used as combo extenders, as their low priority means they then aren't very effective at controlling space unless Gallade is close enough to punish the move used to cancel them. The speed at which the leaves are summoned scales with Steadfast, meaning that at high damages, Gallade only needs to pause momentarily to pull up a full set of leaves.

//Side Special: Psycho Cut\\
Gallade slashes his elbow blades in front of him, creating a one Ganondorf tall translucent blade of psychic energy that travels forward at Mario's dash speed. The projectile deals 8% damage with moderate forward knockback, not KO-ing until about 200% or so. However, the blade deals massive amounts of shield damage, taking about a third of a shield's energy in one hit.

Psycho Cut has a decent amount of end lag, but that end lag scales VERY well with Steadfast, meaning that when maxed out, the attack has virtually no end lag at all (though he can only fire one Psycho Cut every two seconds, to keep it from being spammed). This also means that as Gallade's speed increases, he can actually outrun the projectile itself (because his base speed is equal to that of Mario). This can lead to all sorts of interesting setups and massive amounts of shield pressure.

//Down Special: Future Sight\\​
Using this move causes Gallade to strike a brief pose accompanied by a sparkle effect (similar to one of Ness's psy-attacks). Six seconds later, an identical sparkle appears above the opponent's head, and a blast of psychic energy shoots downward from that point, dealing 15% damage with strong upward knockback to opponents hit by it, KO-ing around 140%. Future Sight does nothing if another instance of it is already in effect.

This attack is trivial to dodge, as the opponent is given clear visual indication of when it will strike, and can avoid it by simply moving when the sparkle appears. What is important is that using this move forces the opponent to move or dodge at a very predictable time, meaning that if you use things such as Psycho Cut assisted rushdown timed to coincide with Future Sight, you can easily pile up the pressure on the opponent. It also forces camping opponents to keep moving, which can cause problems if they have to deal with leaf traps and you at the same time.

//Up Special: Teleport \\

Gallade simply teleports in the direction the control stick is pointed after startup similar to Sheik's own teleport. The distance Gallade travels is determined by how long the B button is held. If the button is simply tapped, Gallade travels only one battlefield platform, and he travels the length of two if the button is held. Teleporting does not put Gallade into special fall, but he cannot use it again until he touches the ground. In addition, the start lag of the teleport scales with Steadfast, meaning that as Gallade gets faster, he can use the Teleport to continue combos, escape, or approach from different directions easier.

//Smash Attacks\\​

//Forward Smash: Leaf Blade\\
One of Gallade's elbow blades glows a bright green and he dashes forward one battlefield platform in a manner similar to Wolf's forward smash. This deals 12-18% damage with up-forward knockback that will KO around 180-150%, depending on charge. Not too impressive, but this attack also has the added effect of causing all of the Magical Leaves that Gallade has placed around the stage to immediately home in on the opponent if Gallade passes within one half of a battlefield platform from them during the attack, making it very difficult to dodge with a spot dodge or roll and making the attack almost perfectly safe on shield, as the leaves will continue to pressure them and hold them in place. If the leaves are close enough, then Leaf Blade will combo into them, allowing for quite a lot of damage in the ensuing followup.

//Up Smash: Night Slash\\
After a short startup, Gallade teleports upward one Ganondorf and slashes straight downward in one fluid motion, his blades enveloped in dark energy. This attack deals 14-22% damage with upward knockback KO-ing around 140-100% damage, depending on the charge. When Night Slash is used out of a dash, however, it acts slightly differently. Gallade retains his momentum through the teleport, changing the trajectory of his slash depending on how fast he was moving at the time. This means that the faster Gallade's speed becomes from Steadfast, the farther the attack will travel and the more space it will cover.

//Down Smash: Counter\\
Gallade braces himself for an attack from the opponent, gaining super armor while the stance is held. If Gallade is hit while in this stance, he takes the hit and follows up with a blow of his own, dealing twice the damage and knockback of the attack Gallade was hit by to the opponent hit by the counter. The counter stance can be held for up to two seconds by holding the A button before Gallade slumps for a moment of exhaustion. Both the relatively quick start up of the counter and the end lag after whiffing a it scale with Steadfast. This means that you can counter much faster and without as much risk while on the offensive at higher percentages (though even at double speed, the end lag for whiffing a counter is still long enough to be punished). And if you try to spam the counter at low percentages you WILL get punished.

This counter allows Gallade to have a way to build his own damage in a controlled manner, while simultaneously giving himself a form of close range defense for when you get forced on to the defensive, a place Gallade REALLY doesn't want to be. It also allows for high percentage mind games for when the opponent is gets predictable in using attack to stop your grounded approaches.

//Dash Attack: Feint\\
Gallade vanishes in a teleport that looks almost identical to using Night Slash. After a short delay, he reappears dashing in the opposite direction one battlefield platform froward from where he disappeared, attacking with a quick slash from his blades as he reappears. Opponents hit by this attack are dealt 5% damage with barely any upward knockback. This attack does massive damage to shields, however, taking nearly half of a shield's energy on impact.

This attack has quite a few uses. First, it makes it appear as if Gallade is going to use Night Slash and it can easily punish opponents who attempt to shield/dodge as if you were using that attack. Second, it can be used to dodge attacks and reverse direction easily while dashing, as Gallade continues to dash after using the attack. Third, it can easily be used as part of a shield-breaking combo with Psycho Cut and other attacks. The combined shield damage from both Feint and Psycho Cut is enough to leave shields with next to no energy left, meaning that if they were damaged already or if you manage to get them to block another attack immediately afterward, you
are almost certain to break their shield. It is made easier when you can turn your two pronged attack into a three pronged one with things such as a barrage of leaves or a well timed Future Sight.

//Standard Attacks\\​

//Jab: Fury Swipes\\
Gallade swings his baldes in front of him quickly, dealing 3% damage with slight horizontal knockback to opponents hit by it. Initially, Gallade attacks about as fast as Marth's jabs, but the startup and end lag scale with Steadfast, meaning that Gallade will be able not only attack much faster at higher percentages (making this good damage racker), but he can also throw out an extremely fast jabs with very little start/end lag as an easy spacing tool as needed.

//Forward Tilt: False Swipe\\
At first glance, False Swipe looks identical to Leaf Blade, as the only difference in the animation of the attacks is that False Swipe doesn't cause Gallade's blade to glow green. It can even be charged identically to a Smash Attack. Opponents hit by this attack are dealt 5-15% damage, depending on the charge, but don't even flinch from being hit (the same as if they were hit by Fox's lasers). This attack also does a large amounts of damage to shields, taking a third of a shield's energy on hit uncharged, and shattering any normal shield regardless of it's condition at full charge. This adds another tool to your shield breaking arsenal, and should make your opponent very afraid of shielding your attacks. They need a sharp eye to tell the difference between a safe to shield Leaf Blade and a dangerous False Swipe, and simply dodging can be problematic if you have Magical Leaf set up before hand, catching them after they dodge through a Leaf Blade.

It also serves a purpose as a damage racker against opponents that have already had their shield broken, as the lack of hitstun or knockback prevents False Swipe from breaking the stun. This lets you False Swipe back and forth through a stunned opponent, dealing a good chunk of damage in the process.

//Down Tilt: Sweeping Start\\
Gallade dashes very low to the ground, slashing both blades in front of him, dealing 8% damage with moderate upward knockback on hit. This attack covers an area of 3/4 of a battlefield platform, giving it shorter reach than False Swipe or Leaf Blade, but it has much better startup. Holding forward after using this attack has Gallade cancel the end of the attack straight into a normal dash. Combined with the fact that this attack gets Gallade very low to the ground, this allows Gallade to dodge many normal projectiles with good timing and begin dashing in for an approach. You can also use Feint right out of the dash to turn around and attack an opponent you just hit with the initial attack, making this a very versatile move.

//Up Tilt: Leaping Start\\
After a bit of startup, Gallade slashes in front of him while leaping forward into the air, dealing 9% damage and with moderate forward knockback. At the end of this move, Gallade is left in the air about one Ganondorf off the ground, moving forward at his maximum air speed. This means that not only this move is a great way to start a quick aerial combo, but it can also be used to dodge attacks and begin an approach similar to down tilt. Both the startup and end lag of this move scale with Steadfast, making this incredibly effective when Gallade is heavily damaged, especially since this move automatically accelerates him to his maximum air speed from a standing position.

//Aerial Attacks\\​

//Forward/Back Air: Fury Cutter\\
Gallade dashes forward/backward a short distance in the air (about half of a battlefield platform), slashing enemies hit along the way. This attack can be canceled into itself in the opposite direction after a certain point in the attack, allowing you to chain several hits together if you are high enough in the air. The point in the attack that it can be canceled into the opposite version scales with Steadfast, becoming earlier and earlier as Gallade's damage rises. This means that at when unhurt, Gallade will only be able to pull off a few hits of before the opponent can escape, but at high damages, he will be able to hit them much more.

The first hit of Fury Cutter deals a measly 1% damage with flinching knockback, but the damage dealt doubles with each consecutive hit. This means that landing 4 hits in a combo (doable at around 70% damage at a Gallade's maximum jump height after both jumps) will deal a good 15% damage, and landing a 5th hit will make it a phenomenal 31% damage! Of course, to chain that many hits with any consistency, you either have to be heavily damaged or you have to catch the opponent very high in the air and hope that they have poor DI (below 50% damage, the opponents with proper DI should able to escape after two or three hits, and even with Steadfast maxed out, the opponent will certain to escape after five hits under normal circumstances). Getting that close to the opponent with such high damage is very risky, especially singe Fury Cutter's first hit has pathetic priority due to its low damage. It is best used in a combo that takes the opponent into the air, such as having them get hit by Future Sight or Magical Leaf.

//Down Air: Smack Down\\​
A relatively simple attack, Gallade slashes downward in an arc below him, dealing 10% damage with powerful spiking knockback with a slight forward angle to it (similar to Falco's spike) to opponents hit by it. Due to the vertical nature of Gallade's combos, this makes both an excellent combo starter and finisher. Grounded opponents hit by the attack will be popped up a short distance, allowing you to combo into a Leaf Blade to begin carrying them upwards, or even using Magical Leaf on the spot at when the opponent is only lightly damaged, as they won't be knocked far enough away to keep the leaves from locking on almost immediately. This move can also be used to end a similar combo, even leading to an early KO if the combo occurs near an edge. Due to it combo-friendly nature and ability to be performed as you pass over the opponent, this move is an excellent approach option for when the you are covered by a Psycho Cut or Future Sight.

//Up Air: X-Scissor\\​
After a decent bit of startup (about the same as Bowser's up-air) Gallade does a backflip and slashes his blades above him in an X shape. Opponents hit by the sweet-spot in the center of the X are dealt 15% damage with powerful upward knockback, KO-ing around 120%. Outside the sweet-spot, opponents are dealt half damage and knockback. The rather long startup scales with Steadfast, meaning that this move becomes much easier to end combos with as your speed increases. This attack coves a large area above Gallade, making it good to counter aerial approaches. It also serves as one of Gallade's primary KO moves, as long as you can land a hit with
the sweet-spot (which is again made easier by the reduced startup from Steadfast).

//Neutral Air: Whirling Blades\\​
Gallade spins in the air, slashing to both sides of him with his baldes, dealing multiple hits of 2% damage for a total of 10% damage, the last hit having decent horizontal knockback away from Gallade. This attack can be canceled into another aerial, a special attack, or even a jump after a certain point in the attack. Similarly to Fury Cutter, the point at which this attack can be canceled scales with Steadfast, meaning at high percents, Gallade can pull of chains like similar to this: use this move, cancel it into a teleport, appear below the opponent, and finish with an X-Scissor. You could also cancel into a Fury Cutter chain, cancel into a jumping spike, or even cancel into summoning Magical Leaf right on top of them in an attempt to juggle them with it.

//Grab: Disable\\​
One of Gallade's blades glows with psychic energy and he slashes it in front of him, stunning anyone hit by it (escapable at normal grab difficulty). After a successful hit, Gallade enters a special stance, ready to go all out on the helpless opponent. Instead of a pummel, Gallade simply exits this stance, free to attack the opponent any way you wish. Despite its excellent range, this move has MASSIVE drawbacks. First, it is very slow, being about as fast as Zero Suit Samus's grab, and it doesn't scale with Steadfast, so it stays slow. Secondly, unlike most grabs, this one can be shielded, meaning that in order to land the grab, you either have to catch the opponent off guard, or break their shield first. Luckily the power of Gallade's throws makes up for the difficulty of landing a grab.

//Forward Throw: Close Combat\\​
Gallade unleashes a devastating (and very flashy) flurry of slashes on the opponent, finishing with a psychically assisted slash that sends the opponent flying forward, dealing 21% damage total and KO-ing around 100%. This is certainly Gallade's most reliable KO move, as you don't need to combo into it to make it effective.

//Down Throw: Off the Ground\\​
Gallade knocks the opponent off balance before teleporting just above them and spiking them hard into the ground, dealing a total of 16% damage and popping the opponent up into the air a set distance perfect for starting a combo with Leaf Blade or tilts.

//Back Throw: Psycho Barrage\\​
Gallade throws the opponent into the ground behind him with telekinesis, dealing 12% damage and causing the opponent to slide along the ground a ways while prone if they didn't tech the impact. Immediately after throwing them, Gallade fires three Psycho Cuts at them in quick succession. This can be used to set up a possible shield break, especially if the opponent is not given enough room behind them maneuver, making it very difficult to dodge both the thick, slow moving wall of psychic death moving at them and your own approach at the same time. This throw also spikes opponents downward if there is no ground behind Gallade to slam them into, dooming characters with poor vertical recoveries who are caught near the edge.

//Up Throw: Blade-ryuken\\​
(sorry for the pun)
Gallade carries the opponent into the air with a rising, bladed uppercut that travels two Ganondorfs upward, dealing 14% damage and leaving the opponent in the air right in front of him. This puts them in an excellent position to get some Fury Cutters in or start a chain off with a neutral-air, making it the best throw for causing straight damage, or for setting up spike combos when in front of a ledge.

//Final Smash: Super Fury Cutter\\​
Empowered by the Smash Ball, Gallade dashes forward and back with lightning speed, covering an area the width of Battlefield with each dash. Opponents caught in the attack are trapped in the ensuing barrage of slashes, with the first slash only dealing 1% damage, but each subsequent slash dealing double the damage of the previous slash. the number of slashes Gallade manages to pull off scales with Steadfast, with him only pulling off 5 slashes (31% damage) at 0% damage, and with 8 slahses (for a massive 255% damage!) when Steadfast is maxed out. The last hit won't KO the opponent though, so that part is up to you.

//Playstyle\\​
Gallade is a combo character that becomes more effective as the risks of getting close to you opponents increase. In addition to this, he also has a strong focus on wearing down and breaking shields, and his primary KO methods are only truly viable against helpless opponents. Unlike typical combo-focused characters, Gallade doesn't run off of a "flowchart playstyle" with one move always leading into the exact same series of moves. His combination of teleports, feints, and traps gives him a plethora of ways that he can approach a situation, and those only get better as his speed increases.

For example, if the opponent is camping at the edge of the stage with projectiles, you could either use Future Sight to force them to move then capitalize on the opening, or you can use Psycho Cut to cover you approach, then teleport through their zones of coverage when they think they have your approach figured out and hit them from behind, or you can use Night Slash or Feint to make it seem as if you are using normal teleportation then supprising them with a frontal assault, or you can combine all of the above tactics in any way you wish. Even his combos can be changed around to suit the situation. If you have Magical Leaf set up, knocking the opponent into it can begin a combo from an otherwise combo-unfriendly move such as you down smash, or you can save it to extend a combo from your aerials, or even use it in the start of a combo, either summoning a few yourself to juggle them a bit, or using Leaf Blade to set them up. The fact that the combos that Gallade can pull
off become more complex and variable as the speed of the moves increases also means that what you may be able to do in one situation is completely different depending on how much damage you have taken.

The final key to using Gallade effectively is actually being able to finish the opponent off. This can come in three flavors. The first and easiest way is to simply build damage so quickly on the opponent through your combos that the high percentages that most of Gallade's moves kill at becomes a non-issue. The second way is setting up combo KO's through Gallade's up and down aerials, either spiking them off the stage or carrying the up off the top, though the effectiveness of this depends on how easily the opponentis able to escape from your combos. the final way is through his very hard to pull off throws, and by extension, breaking the opponent's shield. How exactly you go about breaking the opponents shield is up to you, but the best way to do it is by having, multiple shield draining moves hit either all at once or in quick succession, such as Psycho Cut, Feint, and a Future Sight hitting the opponent's shield simultaneously. False Swipe hitting an opponents in moments where they have no choice but to shield, such as after getting up from being knocked prone or getting up from a ledge is another excellent way to drain a shield. You can even do significant damage to a shield when the opponent blocks a Leaf Blade backed up by nearby leaves, letting you hit the opponent's shield with the move of your choice while the leaves are holding the opponent in shield stun.

Overall, Gallade is a dynamic character that focuses on adapting his tools for the situation without losing his specialization to generic versatility. Steadfast makes sure that you almost never play the same situation the same way twice in a stock, forcing the opponent to adapt to you as you become faster and faster and less predictable. Savvy opponents will come to expect you more aggressive approaches as you near higher percentages, taking advantage of your openings to finish you just as often as you take advantage of theirs. It all comes down to the player's abilities to stay away from the predictable routes and keep the opponent on their toes until they slip up enough to ensure your victory.

EDIT: Added a counter move over filler at the suggestion of Warlord. Thanks for the idea man.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
To compare his goal of getting around to the opponent's back through temporary complete invisibility to Gastly's of sporadically popping in and out of visibility and consistently surprising the opponent with unexpected status-and-spacing-based attacks is a real case of apples and oranges.
Sothe would preferably like to get to the foe's back, but it's not a requirement. If anything, the fact he gets bonuses for going to the foe's back gives him far more legitimate mindgames than Gastly, who is just predicting the foe's prediction at random.

Gastly's goal is not at all just that, as we discussed in the chat. If you have to boil it down it's about outwitting the opponent and manuevering them into a position where an otherwise weak, prank-like attack can gimp them for a KO. This is only done by careful, repeated surprise attacks, hidden jabs, and brief chains of status effects. If you have to boil it down.
Perhaps he has a slightly unique method of bringing them to the ledge than most gimpers, then. This is largely in part due to a lack of sets that focus exclusively on invisibility. Either way, if I can count on the foe to do -anything- competent, I can count on them to not be stupidly herded like sheep to the edge.

When they attack mindlessly, Gastly has a huge advantage, because his player knows where he is and can see what the opponent is doing. He has two attacks that specifically work to counter haphahazard attacks and many ways to punish heavy lag - by putting them to sleep or licking them, grabbing them, etc. It's not at all a mindless guessing game for the opponent, either, who will have to more carefully try to probe out where Gastly is.
Just because the enemy knew where Gastly was at one time doesn't mean they know where Gastly is now. He could be practically metamindgaming them by just standing in the exact place where he'd probably of moved from. The foe is not going to bother with overly laggy attacks to spot gastly to be so easily punished, as all it takes is a brief poke on Gastly to make him visible. They are going to be using GTFO dsmashes, jabs, and shorthopped bairs en mass. Because the foe doesn't know anything, they're going to be acting too haphazardly to predict to the point where you're just hoping they fall into a dsmash. If you really intend to argue that Gastly can actually react, it's going to take him much too long to use a movement based attack to get into position to use an actual attack he wants to hit with, by which time the foe will be long gone.

Nevermind if they have a projectile, in which case they don't even have to predict where Gastly is with how much ground said projectile will confirm Gastly isn't in. Even if you did give him a generic projectile reflector, being able to figure out where he is so easily with projectiles rather screws him over.

Invisibility ties hugely into the gimping. The point is that while they're off the stage Gastly could be in the air with them, on the edge of the stage waiting to edgeguard, or even standing on solid ground directly above or beneath them. He has all of his options and the opponent has no way to anticipate them as long as the Gastly player has savvily moved himself into place. Even once they're both in the gimpgame scene, Gastly can easily surprise by simply rematerializing and using one of his physical attacks - like his FAir.
Gastly's gimping game is nothing but spamming bair/utilt on a platform (Bair ridiculously preferred due to not being so constrained/not needing set-up) and hoping it hits, and what with how the foe is being forced to go towards a certain point (The stage) invisibility is largely un-needed and rather simply breaks him. Maybe a grab if you're feeling particularly generous to the moveset, as stuff like fair is strictly used for positioning Gastly and not hitting the enemy. Essentially, you made a gimper who just spams their bair repeatedely on the foe, making a gimping game about as compelling as a wall of pain. Adding the invisibility into said gimping game is just crapping on the foe's corpse for good measure long after they're dead.

It's Gastly, a malicious invisible prankster. Random tripping is kind of the point. And anyway it's one of the two attacks (with that "forced" DSmash) that ties directly into his ability to nullify a mindlessly attacking opponent.
I was too busy noticing the severe lack of ways Gastly has to do anything remotely threatening and how many times he has to correctly predict (Out of luck) to get anything accomplished. How is disabling attacks relevant to his game?

That you were comparing Gastly to Sothe in the first place makes this more an indictment of you than of me (or gcubedude, who did a good job with a tough character).
Gcube pretty much entirely ignored the invisibility when that would obviously be the centerpiece of the set should you actually get to play it - it's not like he has a lot of ways to work all that well without it. It shares many similiar flaws to this moveset that I didn't focus on at the time due to Gcube just ignoring the invisibility aspect of the moveset entirely for the most part, but in the least it has something to make it slightly less of a random guessing game with the boost to attacks on the enemy's back.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
We haven't gone this deep into moveset theory since Lunge!

Sothe would preferably like to get to the foe's back, but it's not a requirement. If anything, the fact he gets bonuses for going to the foe's back gives him far more legitimate mindgames than Gastly, who is just predicting the foe's prediction at random.
I could have easily geared Gastly around pulling off a Dream Eater, with all of his attacks in some way tying in to this goal, keeping the opponent asleep and passively leeching their health. It would be very explicitly interlinked and tightly constructed and unvague. And, if you ask me, also tremendously boring, unintuitive and out-of-character.

Perhaps he has a slightly unique method of bringing them to the ledge than most gimpers, then. This is largely in part due to a lack of sets that focus exclusively on invisibility. Either way, if I can count on the foe to do -anything- competent, I can count on them to not be stupidly herded like sheep to the edge.
Yes, they won't be stupidly herded at all. That's where the bait-and-switch aspect of the game comes in. The spacing, the status effects, the occasional swoop from above. Precisely because his goal is difficult without relying on damage and knockback, the way he goes about it is complex.

Just because the enemy knew where Gastly was at one time doesn't mean they know where Gastly is now. He could be practically metamindgaming them by just standing in the exact place where he'd probably of moved from. The foe is not going to bother with overly laggy attacks to spot gastly to be so easily punished, as all it takes is a brief poke on Gastly to make him visible. They are going to be using GTFO dsmashes, jabs, and shorthopped bairs en mass. Because the foe doesn't know anything, they're going to be acting too haphazardly to predict to the point where you're just hoping they fall into a dsmash. If you really intend to argue that Gastly can actually react, it's going to take him much too long to use a movement based attack to get into position to use an actual attack he wants to hit with, by which time the foe will be long gone.
Well, yeah. Metamindgames are the point. If they're just using those attacks, they'll fall victim to a Hypnosis or a grab. They may not be uber-laggy, but they still have windows in which Gastly has an opportunity. He doesn't exactly have many different movement-based attacks and part of the point is following where the foe will be as well as where they were. Also, DSmash disables exactly those BAirs and DSmashs that will no longer be spammed en masse and will have to be replaced by more easily telegraphed moves. And lastly, you're talking about Brawl characters alone. MYM characters don't tend to be played well by shorthopping BAirs and spamming GTFO DSmashes (do any of them even have those anymore?).

Nevermind if they have a projectile, in which case they don't even have to predict where Gastly is with how much ground said projectile will confirm Gastly isn't in. Even if you did give him a generic projectile reflector, being able to figure out where he is so easily with projectiles rather screws him over.
Spotdodging? Teleporting out of the way? Going up, y'know, into the air? Maybe standing on a fake platform up there if the foe is a projectile *****? There aren't many characters who are Falco and will be constantly throwing out lightning-fast and lagless projectiles, and even those can be foiled by simpling sticking near the ledge and hanging there.

When the game is at a standstill, Gastly has the advantage because of his passive-damage poison clouds. He tosses one out and hides; the opponent can't allow that. It's advantageous for him if the foe is either spamming random attacks OR mindlessly tossing around projectiles without any clue why they're not connecting.

Gastly's gimping game is nothing but spamming bair/utilt on a platform (Bair ridiculously preferred due to not being so constrained/not needing set-up) and hoping it hits, and what with how the foe is being forced to go towards a certain point (The stage) invisibility is largely un-needed and rather simply breaks him. Maybe a grab if you're feeling particularly generous to the moveset, as stuff like fair is strictly used for positioning Gastly and not hitting the enemy. Essentially, you made a gimper who just spams their bair repeatedely on the foe, making a gimping game about as compelling as a wall of pain. Adding the invisibility into said gimping game is just crapping on the foe's corpse for good measure long after they're dead.
FAir is not at all strictly used for positioning and BAir is far too obvious to be randomly thrown out like a wall of pain. If that's how Gastly tries to play, he'll be outprioritized and swatted away every time. Even if he's invisible it's risky to try like that repeatedly, let alone when visible. His gimping game is not truly the point of the moveset, but to say that it's not important for him to mix up his options with other aerials, attacks from the stage to edgeguard, and attacks off the stage but on solid ground like UTilt but also USmash, grab, FTilt, and so on. Hell, he's even got the option of baiting a foe into using USpecial and then disabling it with DSmash if he's standing on an invisible platform just by the edge of the stage. Useful in cases where he just barely shoved the opponent off the stage and they're recovering from directly below, making a true gimp impossible.

I was too busy noticing the severe lack of ways Gastly has to do anything remotely threatening and how many times he has to correctly predict (Out of luck) to get anything accomplished. How is disabling attacks relevant to his game?
Gets rid of the spammers who will rely on any one attack that they're lucky enough to have. Even Falco's Laser can be disabled if he moves into place properly. Remotely threatening? No one attack Gastly has is supposed to be threatening. He's not a heavyweight.

Gcube pretty much entirely ignored the invisibility when that would obviously be the centerpiece of the set should you actually get to play it - it's not like he has a lot of ways to work all that well without it. It shares many similiar flaws to this moveset that I didn't focus on at the time due to Gcube just ignoring the invisibility aspect of the moveset entirely for the most part, but in the least it has something to make it slightly less of a random guessing game with the boost to attacks on the enemy's back.
Since the opponent can, well, turn around at a moment's notice, I'm afraid it is very much more of a guessing game than Gastly. Much as you try, you haven't convinced me that mindlessly throwing out attacks is a remotely feasible tack for the opponent to take, and as long as it isn't, the game is decided by strategy, timing, spacing and deceit - how well Gastly does them all - and not random lucky guesses.

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait wait wait, *looks up*

Gastly's game is anti-spam? Anyone with a brain can beat spam with any char.. lol

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Agreed, Rooligan

I could have easily geared Gastly around pulling off a Dream Eater, with all of his attacks in some way tying in to this goal, keeping the opponent asleep and passively leeching their health. It would be very explicitly interlinked and tightly constructed and unvague. And, if you ask me, also tremendously boring, unintuitive and out-of-character.
You could've made a moveset that actually took advantage of Gastly's invisibility any more than a Brawl character with a couple token movement attacks and a bit of forced creativity here and there.

Yes, they won't be stupidly herded at all. That's where the bait-and-switch aspect of the game comes in. The spacing, the status effects, the occasional swoop from above. Precisely because his goal is difficult without relying on damage and knockback, the way he goes about it is complex.
How do status effects fit into a bait and switch strategy exactly again? And as I was saying before, the foe will be guessing where you are repeatedely - they know you're trying to bait them into thinking you're going to leave a certain position. It's still a guessing game.

He doesn't exactly have many different movement-based attacks and part of the point is following where the foe will be as well as where they were.
Yes, that's rather the point - Gastly has no way of knowing where the foe will be because of the foe having nothing to go off of and having to randomly guess, meaning Gastly has to randomly guess. This is why moves that focus on where the foe -will- go are obsolete.

Also, DSmash disables exactly those BAirs and DSmashs that will no longer be spammed en masse and will have to be replaced by more easily telegraphed moves. And lastly, you're talking about Brawl characters alone. MYM characters don't tend to be played well by shorthopping BAirs and spamming GTFO DSmashes (do any of them even have those anymore?).
The moveset is blatantly under the assumption that it would be the only character added to a roster of generic characters, as MYM characters laugh in the face of Gastly with their gigantic amount of ranged moves to easily find out Gastly's position.

Spotdodging? Teleporting out of the way? Going up, y'know, into the air? Maybe standing on a fake platform up there if the foe is a projectile *****? There aren't many characters who are Falco and will be constantly throwing out lightning-fast and lagless projectiles, and even those can be foiled by simpling sticking near the ledge and hanging there.

When the game is at a standstill, Gastly has the advantage because of his passive-damage poison clouds. He tosses one out and hides; the opponent can't allow that. It's advantageous for him if the foe is either spamming random attacks OR mindlessly tossing around projectiles without any clue why they're not connecting.
Gastly isn't going to spot dodge them all forever and will have to approach at some point. His gas can only cover up two platforms worth of the stage, meaning the foe just has to pick to mindlessly camp in an area outside the gas to invalidate Gastly's existence. They should have a general enough idea of Gastly's location to know that he can't get to them without falling down into the stream of projectiles. Sure, you could just not limit the gas, but then Gastly becomes a much more generic invisibility character who prefers to run and just use his gas for damage. If we are taking MYM characters into account, Gastly is also giving them tons of time to do god knows what.

FAir is not at all strictly used for positioning and BAir is far too obvious to be randomly thrown out like a wall of pain. If that's how Gastly tries to play, he'll be outprioritized and swatted away every time. Even if he's invisible it's risky to try like that repeatedly, let alone when visible. His gimping game is not truly the point of the moveset, but to say that it's not important for him to mix up his options with other aerials, attacks from the stage to edgeguard, and attacks off the stage but on solid ground like UTilt but also USmash, grab, FTilt, and so on. Hell, he's even got the option of baiting a foe into using USpecial and then disabling it with DSmash if he's standing on an invisible platform just by the edge of the stage. Useful in cases where he just barely shoved the opponent off the stage and they're recovering from directly below, making a true gimp impossible.
Sure the bair is obvious, but Gastly is invisible -and- the foe has to go to a certain point, so it doesn't particularly matter. I will grant you disabling the foe's Up Special as a potentially interesting method of gimping, but it's not like he needs it with how conceptually broken the bair + the invisibility is.

Gets rid of the spammers who will rely on any one attack that they're lucky enough to have. Even Falco's Laser can be disabled if he moves into place properly. Remotely threatening? No one attack Gastly has is supposed to be threatening. He's not a heavyweight.
Quick attacks are not in short supply on most characters unless they're Ganondorf - Gastly will be long dead before he disables them all, and implying Gastly will ever pull off a dsmash against a camper is a pipe dream. His status as repeatedely poking the foe doesn't work when Gastly loses just as much as the foe because of it being a random guessing game, or far worse if the foe has any form of ranged attacks.

FEMALE GALLADES CANNOT EXIST BUT MALE GARDEVOIRS CAN

Now -this- is a good moveset here. Gallade is a legitimately unique take on the combo character. The main thing you have that ensures this is a mechanic where Gallade's moves change as he takes more damage, but the transition is gradual rather than instant at a certain percentage unlike King Hippo, making for a much more smooth transition in Gallade's moveset as his damage percentage goes up.

Even without the mechanic, Gallade already introduces some great stuff to play off of for comboing with Future Sight and Psycho Cut immediately in the Specials. I was also impressed at how you managed to do more than just tack on shield breaking to the set and actually did a unique take on it, making it actually work with only a few shield damage moves by emphasizing Gallade's ability to make multiple shield damaging moves hit at the same time. Said mechanic and Gallade's mindgames enable Gallade to have far more versatility in how he plays than any combo character made thus far in MYM. Most of the iffy inputs are justified for the comboing, but as an actual criticism I think this moveset could really of used a counter move over one of the blander inputs to help him tank on more damage to boost steadfast without dying horribly.

JOE!

Smash Hero

E.E.D. SOLDIER

A Spec Ops unit for the Galactic Federation's Earth-Energy Defense force, E.E.D. Soldier is a Terrakinetic (earth manipulator) who goes in to dangerous areas for the Federation, then morphs the terrain to better suit himself, and hinder the enemy to ensure victory.

He is heavily armored, making him match his counterpart, Samus Aran in both size and weight. Unlike her however, his suit lacks all the jets and space jump capabilities, limiting his aerial game greatly. Without Space Jump boots and a heavy suit, E.E.D. Soldier sports the worst jumps in the game. They are so bad that his full-jump just barely makes it on top of the platforms of Smashville and Battlefield, with his second jump having the same height. As for speed while airborne, he is mediocre in both fall and horizontal speed. On the ground he is a lot better though, as he runs at a top speed comparable to Falco, and walks as fast as Wolf.

AERIALS

D-AIR: SEISMIC SMASH

Odd starting with his aerials, when his air game is supposedly ****, but ironically his aerials contain some of his best moves!

Seismic Smash seems to be a typical stall-then-fall at first, with E.E.D. rising his fists above him, stalling in the air similar to Lucario's Dair, then plummeting down to crash the fists into the earth! This portion of the attack deals a paltry 5%, but it drags foes straight down with you. Upon impact with the stage, his fists collide to create a shockwave of dirt around himself in a semi-sphere that does another 5%, and decent KB that won’t kill, and a shockwave along the ground that does 10% and hits the foe up like DK's down B. After this he takes a brief moment to get back up after the dust settles, similar to the end lag of Ganon's Fair. While a tad laggy, this move potentially does 20% as well as great "GTFO".

What you may not notice at first however, is that as the dust settles you have left a big crack in the stage. This crack appears along the side of the stage, and reaches about halfway down the main stage's height. And as one may infer, landing Seismic Smash on this crack again will cause it to grow further, and break the stage in two. Once the stage splits, it will separate from the other section by about 1/2 of a stage builder block, and there is no "real" limit to how much you can split a stage, except that you can’t make a piece smaller than a builder block.

U-AIR: BREAK-THROUGH

E.E.D. does a brief, SHORYUKEN-like motion with one of his hands above him, spinning slightly as he does. Upon contact with a foe, this move does only 6% and small amounts of sideways KB. Upon contact with a ceiling however, you will swiftly drill through the stage above it!

While doing this, you have similar control to MK's Drill Rush, only with a more vertical orientation. Upon reaching the floor (lasts indefinitely until you do so) you will burst out of the ground, shooting debris about as you quickly recover with end lag equivalent to you simply landing from a jump. The debris act similar to the shards created by Charizard's Rock Smash, but are fewer in number, averaging about two shards for 7% each.

However, you will most likely be using this more to recover or escape quickly from sticky situations than to outright attack. That said, if you come across any buried foes this move will do similar damage to Drill Rush.

N-AIR: SAND STORM

Striking a pose akin to Melee Mewtwo's Nair, you will begin to "pull" any of the debris you've created around yourself in a sort of vortex in a 2 SBB radius. Better yet, this continues if you hold A while landing, creating a continuous attack! The damage and speed of the orbit/pull is determined by the object, but luckily the biggest/slowest thing you can pull is a rock shard (like from Uair), and it travels about as fast as Mario's run, and does 7%.

As the name suggests, sand is the main ammo used for this attack (which can be produced well enough from later moves). Unlike the rock shards, the tiny bits of sand barely do any damage, with a glob as big as a rock shard doing a measly 0.5%. However, you can have a lot of sand on the field, and it gets pulled at about Falcon's dash speed! This means that with enough sand, you can have a literal sand-storm covering the field, buffeting foes for multiple hits that can add up to ludicrous numbers. Unfortunately, this sand storm doesn't do any hitstun, so leaving it going may offer too much risk for the damage.

F-AIR: STONE HAMMER

E.E.D. reels back his fist for a moment, and then hurls it in an arc in front of him with incredible, screen-shaking force! This action takes slightly longer than Ganon's Fair (without the landing lag glitch :mad: ), and does 10% with incredible base KB, but it's knockback growth won’t let it kill until like umpteen %.

So what is this horribly generic move doing in MYM? Well, for starters it rapidly moves the stage forward. You heard that right, if you smash the side of the stage with your fist, it will lunge quickly (Shiek Dash speed) in that direction for about 1/8th its length. For a quick example, doing this twice to FD will push the edge to touch the side of the screen. Combined with Seismic Smash, you can create a huge gap between pieces of the stage! Granted you can make it back after jumping off like that.

As an added bonus, hitting somebody from across the screen as the stage lurches forward will do 15-25% depending on the size of the stage (piece), with KB similar to Yoshi's Fsmash. Seeing as the foe should be near a blast zone, the maneuver is one of your traditional kill moves.

NOTE: Explained more in the specials, the stage (piece) can only be 1/2 beyond a blastzone at any moment.

B-AIR: METEOR LAUNCH

E.E.D. will turn and grab whatever is behind himself, then reverse the motion with some impressive force! If done on a foe, this does 5% and has half the power of Stone Hammer, but has the ability to angle slightly up or down as he does the "turn forward" animation pre-toss. This alone can be valued for its team-mate saving or gimping properties, but the fact that he can do this to "anything" is where the fun comes in.

Particularly, E.E.D. creates a lot of stuff on the field, mostly big dangerous things made of solid friggen stone. As with Nair, there is a limit to what he can use this move on, with the range this time being from items as small as a capsule, to the size of a crate! When launched, they will do similar damages (6-18%), but have a speed similar to Samus' Super Missile thanks to him using his Terrakinesis. A kind of niche move, it is best used with a short-hop (like all his aerials) to keep a foe at bay to set up, as well as clear an area of your creations to make new ones.

STANDARDS

JAB: WALL OF EARTH

Making a swift upwards gesture with one of his hands (similar to say, Falcon's grab), he forces a slab of earth to jut out from the ground in front of him. This wall is about as tall as a Crate, but only about 1/4th as thick with 10% Stamina against attacks. If you hit somebody with it as it shoots up from the ground, it will do 5% and weak upwards KB that will never kill.

You can have as many of these out on the stage as you want (provided you have the room as it won’t come up if it lacks the space, such as on an edge), but given it has some end lag, is relatively easy to destroy, and you having other priorities, it should be rare you have a whole damn field of them. Usually, you should use these walls as well, walls to either use as quick cover or to constrain areas.
This is the only item he cannot use with Bair as it is rooted deep inside the ground.

F-TILT: STONE FIST

E.E.D. draws a fist back as it stores energy within it, and then hurls it forward with a tremendous force, almost like a miniature Falcon Punch, without the extreme lag! Unlike the move of the gods however, this seemingly simple left hook only takes about a quarter-second to do and does 10% with an ability to kill at high percents.

However, if done onto the side of a stage/wall, it will create a crack just like with Seismic Smash! This crack behaves just like the other, but is of course Horizontally inclined instead of Vertical. Seeing as stages are almost always longer than they are tall you may want to reserve this move for when you already have more manageable chunks to work with.

D-TILT: TREMOR

E.E.D. stomps the ground hard with his right leg, sending a small shockwave around him that can make foes trip within a SBB, but then something very odd happens as he recovers from some end lag: the Stage tilts down to the half he was on!
How this works is fairly simple, each stomp (he can cancel the end lag into another stomp using IASA frames to lessen the time slightly) tilts the stage towards you by 15*, with the stage taking about ½ to ¾ of a second to fully move depending on the size of it.

Aside from altering the very important orientation of the level, this gets more fun when you think of how you can create walls on it to act as mini-ledges, and break the stage into angles with Dair and Ftilt as they still stay Horizontal and vertical relative to you, not the stage!

U-TILT: EXCAVATE

E.E.D. reaches down into the stage below him, and rips out a chunk about the size of the Party Ball Item. This also creates a hole about the width of a crate, with the depth of Kirby to form as he does so, but we’ll get more into that later. As for the actual hunk of rock you now possess, it works like a very beefy version of Peach’s turnip, with E.E.D. able to carry it around with him and able to throw it about, hitting foes for 12% and light KB. However, you can instantly drop the rock by inputting a Grab, which then can allow it to be affected by gravity as it either falls down to the abyss, or down a slope you made with Dtilt doing up to 18% based on how fast it got.
As for the holes, not unlike Stone Wall this is only limited to how much room you have to work with. However, you cannot excavate more than 3 times on the same “hole” (making the max-depth a bit taller than Ganondorf), or less seeing as E.E.D. will automatically stop before going right through a stage, as it would have him fall straight through. You also cannot perform this at a ledge.

This is an amazing two-part tool. For one, it gives you a handy item to smash against opponents, or launch with Bair, or create hazards with. Then, it lets you create impressions on the stage which your teammate could hide in, or could be used to trap foes for later. Just be mindful of the fact that the whole procedure takes as long as Charizard’s Rock Smash before you go off trying to make FD paper-thin.

DASH: TUNNEL

Diving feet-first toward the ground in a drill-kick similar to Fox’s Dair, you plummet into the ground just like with Up Air! As you might have guessed, it has similar properties to it as well, like mirroring MK’s Drill Rush as he goes through the earth. However you only have about a second or two to actually move anywhere, as this more horizontally inclined movement will automatically send E.E.D. back to the surface. On Drop-through or abnormally thin platforms he will simply perform a drill-kick through it, and recover swiftly if there is no ground immediately there.

What is fun about this however is the trapping potential when combined with holes you may have made with Utilt. As a quick example, picture having a foe fall into the trap, only to then meet you drilling through the side of the pit, through them, to the other on your path!

SPECIALS

NEUTRAL: TERRAFORM

Squatting slightly, arms held out toward the ground he’s on as he lowers his head with focus, E.E.D. uses his Terrakinetic power to its fullest, and is actually able to straight-up move the stage. The action takes about the same time as Fox’s Dsmash to perform before anything happens, and requires you to hold the B button down while you move the (piece of) stage you’re on with the control stick in any direction you please as long as you’re not interrupted. Ending the move is lagless however.
The speed at which you can move the ground below you varies greatly based on the size of the terrain. When moving Final Destination in its entirety for example, you will be able to move it at a snail’s pace akin to Charizard’s walk in all directions. The speed increases as the object gets smaller, with the smallest moveable item being something the size of a crate*, which you can control like Pit’s Wings of Icarus in the air.

There are also limits as to how far you can move an object. For all objects, they must be able to be seen on the screen, and vertical movement stops before E.E.D. himself disappears into the little “bubble” you see when knocked off-camera. Large objects can break this rule somewhat, but stop moving once 1/3rd of them are off-screen, so yes you can make FD a walk off on one side, but you can’t just get rid of the stage.
*Using Z then B quickly in the air while holding your Boulder will allow you to use Terraform on it, letting you have a last-ditch recovery. Unlike stage pieces though the Boulder will fall as normal after B is released.

UP: SAND PILLAR

With an animation similar to his jab, but with both hands this time, he bursts forth a geyser of sand from the floor in front of him, reaching as high and taking as long as Wolf’s Up Special. What the sand does as it shoots up is provide a “wall” of sort as anyone or any non-transcendent object to touch the stream will be pushed upward above the sand as it then falls back down to earth. From here, the sand will lump into a pile that can be walked over (but is moved through slowly if it is a taller pile), and is moved around by pretty much anything that touches it. You can also not use Sand Pillar on a floor covered by sand already.

If sand is rushing down a slope, it creates a “current” effect not unlike the rain on Distant Planet, pushing characters down with it at a constant pace that can be ran against.

DOWN: QUAKE

E.E.D.’s hands glow slightly as he clasps them above his head, before slamming them down to the ground, transferring the energy into a violent earthquake. This is chargeable like a Smash attack, with similar lag to when ike uses Eruption..

What this does is simply violently shake the stage (piece) briefly, moving sand wildly and destroying any object made on the stage. The shaking lasts 1-3 seconds based on charge, and can make people trip at a higher rate as well as bounce items/rocks around for light damage. This is especially useful when playing with slopes, sand and debris, as the sand will shift randomly causing foes to have trouble moving on the ground, while taking damage and possibly falling down to their doom.

SIDE: PLASMA BEAM

Shoots a short range (Olimar Fsmash) Plasma Beam from shooters atop his wrists that can be angled. This does damage similar to Charizard’s flamethrower, but with actual KB so it won’t get many hits in (but won’t kill).

This has some start-up to it, and can only be fired for 3 seconds, while being much more angle-able than Flamethrower. If it hits the stage at all, it will heat it up temporarily and anyone standing on it will take .5% every 1/3 second for 2 seconds. This however makes the stage where you heated up pretty malleable. Moving a stage piece toward another piece that is heated up will actually fuse them back together.

Doing this on (quick)sand will meld it into solid stage, allowing you to have more material if need be (if you say, want to cover a hole) or better yet trap a foe under ground where they must take time to bash their way free.

SMASHES

F-SMASH: STALAGMITES

Controlled like Din’s Fire (for length, and angle-able up and down for intricate stages), you send out a small group of ultra-sharp stalagmites from the ground, that cause upwards KB and damage similar to the Spike in the Stage Creator (15%). These last until destroyed, but only have about 5% stamina per stalagmite. The cluster itself takes as much space as a crate and create large rock shards when smashed.

D-SMASH: QUICKSAND

Making a pose similar to Terraform, E.E.D. transforms the floor around him into a semi-liquid state (seen as the floor textures becoming wavy, almost like water's surface) by loosening the soil tremendously (area is a bowser-width below him). For the next 4-8 seconds (based on charge) foes that stand here will slowly sink at about the rate of Peach’s fall with Parasol up, potentially all the way through the stage, and have movement greatly reduced. Foes must jump (ala SM64) to get out quickly.

Combined with normal sand, this can completely floor an enemy’s movement, and with an EQ going on it can make them sink even faster (x2)

U-SMASH: VOLCANIC GASES

Creates a small Geyser on the stage in front of him that has some smoke slowly coming out of it, it is about the size of Squirtle and will last indefinitely until hit for 10%. Doing Usmash again will make the geyser erupt with a torrent of smoke/steam/etc, doing 14-24% and high vertical KB from wherever you are on the field. Even better, if you fire Plasma beam into the stage (from say, Ftilt) near said Geyser, flames will erupt from it and do damage similar to PK fire. Sand covering the geyser will erupt with it, expanding its push power tremendously.

GRABS

ROOTED

His normal grab has him encase the foe’s feet in stone, immobilizing them for a moment (grab difficulty) and giving E.E.D. a free hit or time to set-up as the foe struggles with getting out of the rocks. This has a range and lag similar to Olimar’s grab.

*For fun, you could Plasma Beam the foe as their stuck for free damage.

FOSSILIZE

Grabbing a foe while you both are stepping on sand will cause E.E.D. to wash the sand over the foe, using up the sand that was there, and condense it around them so they are then stuck in solid rock. From here, they are treated as a boulder item for you, and can be smashed for 20% damage by moves such as Quake, Stone fist and the like. Pressing grab again has you grab the boulder like with Utilt. Foes have 1.5x grab difficulty getting out of this however, so you have limited time to act.

PLAYSTYLE : TERRAMORPHIC EXPANSE

As you may have gathered, E.E.D. Soldier doesn't really have much fighting prowess on his own, with his entire game revolving around using the terrain as a weapon, and changing it to suit his needs. The most important thing to understand when playing as him is that every-single-thing you do can and will effect or use the terrain in some way, which will then alter the match significantly. It is then up to you, the player to work this to your advantage before the opponent does using your specialized tools for the job.

Everybody will have a different style when it comes to how to make the stage your own, but there are some intuitive combos that can be considered the bread and butter for E.E.D.:

"The DK": This technique is simple but effective. All it involves is tilting the stage (or large piece of stage) down at a good angle, and then either tunneling or dashing to the top portion to set up camp. From here, it'd be best to use a sand pillar quickly to provide some cover as you set up, making it hard for foes to reach you. Then, you can either make Walls to throw, excavate a boulder to toss at them, or break off the stage and move it over to create a sniping platform foes will have to reach. This turns the game into a real king of the hill match as E.E.D. protects his elevated camping spot with the variety of gravity-based mechanics. EQ is especially good here for the tripping factor and how it creates debris to roll down the slope at foes.

"Mine Field": Using Stalagmites, Holes, Quicksand, Stone Walls and Volcanic Gasses, you can turn even a simple stage such as Battlefield (this works best on varied stages that require lots of movement, giving more room for error for how your enemies land in your traps) into a literal deathtrap for your enemies. Be sure to leave set-up for the traps such as making an angled segment for a stalagmite patch, with perhaps a hole or quicksand patch next to it making foes have to jump up over it. Or, you could always have one of the geysers behind a stone wall, creating the same effect, and allowing you time to convert the stage even more to your liking, buffeting foes along the way as they try and pin you down through your creation.

"Sandman": Sand is probably the most versatile tool for E.E.D., seeing as it is so move-able and can hide his other traps. Slopes and cliffs, as well as your grab are integral if you want to try the sandman style of play. The whole trick here is to use sand as a treadmill of sorts to move your enemy around the stage, carrying them off to places they don't want to be, such as down into the abyss or into quicksand. Fossilize will have foes sink faster and be carried much more effectively by flowing sand, so make sure you always have some around you, and try to make yourself somewhat accessible in order to snag the foe in their tomb. That shouldn't be an issue though, as you can always make more with healthy usage of Up Special. Sand also can augment your other attacks, such as U and Dsmash, making an explosion of sand + gasses and extending the area of the quicksand (if you do it over sand), increasing the potency considerably. A more advanced maneuver involves having sand fall from either a cliff or hole you made onto a foe, and catching it with the Plasma Beam. As the sand flows over a foe from a height, try using it to solid rock with the heat, and blocking off a foe from recovering (picture Norfair's edges and how pissed you'd be if there was a wall between the two edges all of a sudden) or trapping them in the ground for you to Drill through or the like. Using the Plasma Beam also allows you to make new stage this way, and behaves just like normal terrain once created.

Those are just a few styles of play for E.E.D. however, as his real style is what you make it as a player, aptly showcasing a "sandbox" style of play. Just be wary that playing him involves creating a lot of time and space, for yourself to do some epic set-up, and he has very few ways to work with pressure aside from Dash Attack to get away or Jab to prevent approaches. Once you find room to work by preoccupying the foe with moves such as Quicksand, Stalagmites or by creating a gap/hole, you can really get the ball rolling. Once you get this kind of "momentum" the other character is gonna have to seriously work to catch up, as E.E.D. can change the whole game with just a few moves done in the right places. Just be careful for if they do catch you as once airborne or sent off stage, E.E.D. becomes like a fish out of water, completely removed from his element and at the mercy of his own creation as to whether he can recover or not.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
GASTLY
I've been waiting to see a set touch on invisibility in a way that differentiates it from Smash to the point where it is actually meaningful. 'Smash invisibility' constitutes a character becoming transparent (as in Brawl), while Gastly vanishes from sight completing, emphasizing the aura of fear in his matches. It's a good thing this is the case, however, because I feel the fearful nature of Gastly's invisibility became somewhat forced as the set progressed...considering how easily he goes down, I would think he would be using his invisibility to even the odds and escape his big, bad opponent, while slowly but surely landing the hits necessary to score a KO.

The little queues to his location, while seemingly a shoe-in for an invisibility moveset, add some nice depth, due to being a double-edged sword for Gastly: he reveals his location to himself, as well as to the other players on the field. Although Gastly would likely be baiting opponents into one location through his invisibility (as MW hinted at), rather than jabbing them there himself, I can see your intended style working, depending on the character he's facing. Otherwise...there's not too much else to praise or hate on; simple Rool sets deserve simple comments of praise, which I feel toward Gastly, despite my complaints.

Oh, and I too enjoy his D-Air, if only because it provides an unforced element of uncertainty to his otherwise straightforward gimping game.

BOBBERY
Yes, Bobbery's character is old, wise, and in-control, but being so to the point of having to wait ten seconds to use a staple move in his arsenal is ridiculous. Winding down his fuse ought to be a much less forced element of Bobbery's playstyle...MW's suggestion works fine. My own is for Bobbery to use his minions to space himself barely into his opponent's range, so when they attack, their move 'sparks' his fuse, allowing him to detonate more freely. As of now, Bobbery's positive trait of being a smart, reasonable bomb are used as an obstacle against him, as he struggles to become the explosive he is. Otherwise, you have potential with some moves, such as sparking fuses and setting off chain reactions with minions, but it all sort of falls flat, due to few real connections between moves otherwise. Also, stating that a character has a high learning curve and listing a few vague strategies is not a great 'strategy' for writing a playstyle. And...another gimping set? Meh...Bobbery isn't awful by any means, but I hope your next set depicts your character's motives and tactics a bit more smoothly.

GALLADE
Third time's the charm for you...I wasn't particularly impressed with Enrico or Shepard, but Gallade is a great breath of fresh air from you, and a worthy continuation of the quality streak we have going. We've seen buffs to power and to central moves over and over, but to speed? Gallade instantly becomes a highly unique set in this regard, which is furthered by him actually taking advantage of his speed throughout his moveset. Using projectiles he can outrun and attack around is nothing short of genius, while eliminating startup lag to take advantage of attacks allows Gallade quite a bit of versatility, especially as he becomes damaged. His mindgames add another delectable layer to the set, such as F-Smash and Dash Attack's fake-out; although I feel making the startup of moves identical has become slightly stale, at least it contributes to Gallade's speed-based game, rather than being shoe-horned in for creative purposes. I'm not incredibly pleased Gallade's playstyle turns more combo-centric, but at least his combos are actually enjoyable to read, and unique to boot. I definitely want to see more sets like this from you in the near future...whenever you're looking for future inspiration, look no further than your own Gallade.

Katapultar

Smash Lord

Fans. You gotta love em. You and I are fans of Super Smash Brothers Brawl no? That's what keeps us glued together. These particular fans are fans of the Hanshin Tigers, a Japanese Baseball Team. Their appearance as a Fiend would be completely pointless were it not for the fact that a character at random is magically forced into playing for the Tigers! The chosen character wears a Tigers cap and is given the Home Run Bat item to play for the Tigers, who are lurking where that crowd is that watches each Brawl match.

Gameplay-wise, it seems that you got the deadly Home Run Bat item and that's all...but this Home Run Bat always returns to you if it lands on the floor, goes offstage, is destroyed, picked up by another foe, whatever, meaning you can bash your enemy with it as many times as you like!...the only thing stopping you from having all that wild fun is that you HAVE to score a Home Run, AKA KO an opponent with the Home Run Bat within 10 seconds or not KO in any other way any more than 2 times, otherwise the Tigers will get angry and start a "riot"! With this they'll chuck random Japanese items at you like expensive anime DVDs, spare manga brought from Comiket, Sushi Rolls, Beans, McDonalds hambagas and so on. These only do as much damage as Mr. Saturn and can be added to your collection in the form of Movies, Stickers, Trophies, Masterpieces and so on...though keep in mind that these are thrown specifically at you from the screen in an arc at the same rate as Bomb-ombs fall in Sudden Death, making them incredibly disruptive to the gameplay. While you get to keep your bat for the rest of your Stock (it still has the respawn effect) you don't get to keep your dignity in the eyes of the Tigers...they'll chuck stuff at you for 20 seconds or if you're KO'ed before leaving and subtracting 2 Points off your HUD! This happens either in the form of losing 2 Stock without actually being KO'ed or losing 2 points via timer, or losing 200 Coins in a Coin Match. Be sure to put that Home Run Bat to good use to make up for the big loss! (you also get to keep that cap as an accessory)

But wait, wouldn't it be better to just KO an enemy and score for the Tiger? Surely they'll let you go? Nope. When you score a Home Run the Tigers will get the Point instead of you. There will be a Tiger HUD that shows that the Tigers scored one point, you didn't get the point, nor did the enemy lose any points or stock. But on the other hand you get a Home Run Boost that cuts the start-up lag of using the Home Run Bat down by 1/8 and increases the throwing distance and power by 1.2X, and you can KO 2 times again in any other way than a Home Run again. You can still score KOs normally by like throwing the Home Run Bat to get them yourself, but the pressure is on you the more you score for the Tigers. For every Home Run you score for the Tigers, not only will you get the Home Run Bat buff but you'll suffer 2X the consequences of the riot, which includes score detraction! If you don't play your cards right you could lose the match very, very easily.

To some degree, it's probably better to just keep scoring for the Tigers to prevent their wild consequential rampage from hurting you. But just how many points DO you have to score? Nine. Once you've score that many Home Runs you'll hear the Tigers cheer loudly that they've won the game. You are now free from enslavement, and you get to keep the Home Run Bat for the rest of your stock in the same way as suffering the riot.....but it's not over. You see, humans, when together, have a rather...animalistic side to them that takes over. The Tigers will want to celebrate their victory in the most wild way possible...by making the victor swim into the canal. What does this mean for YOU? It means the Tiger Fans want to dump you off the stage and to your death. Wow, humans really are *******s.

From here, a group of Tiger Fans will spawn on a random part of the stage. They resemble the Mach Rider AT in that they exist as a swarm but are human-sized. There are approximately 15 fans that exist at one time; they move at Mario's Dash Speed and have 10HP for you to shave off if you want to kill an individual one...granted if you do that 2 more will come to replace that lost one. Fans will always target the character who played for them in an attempt to grab them; by themselves it's extremely easy to break from their grip, but when more of them swarm it becomes harder; when they have you in their grip the Fans will hold you overhead and attempt to carry you as if you were Bonsly and throw you offstage...of course, they know you can recover, which is why they attempt a kamikaze! When you're thrown off the ledge you die, and the fans leave you alone forever. Or alternatively, you can fight off the fans for 35 seconds...if you do this the fans will give into your resistance and use an alternative method. They'll teleport out of the stage and to a ledge with a statue of...

COLONEL SANDERS!? Fans of the Tigers never seem to learn. When the Tigers beat the Seibu Lions in 1985, fans responded by taking a statue of the Colonel himself and dumping it into a random river because it looked like the American Player who won the game for the Tigers...after that fateful event the Tigers lost every game they ever played. Superstitious as they are, people called this "Curse of the Colonel". The Tiger Fans will throw this offstage to celebrate their victory in Brawl...but they receive a unexpected surprise...

Holy Crap! The statue has come alive! With an evil laugh, the statue's first act is to reach out with a stony hand in order to grab the Tiger Fans and eat them alive! With this, the battle is no longer against the Tigers, but against the Colonel himself!

Just like in the above image, the Colonel's head is constantly poked out at the main part of the stage, which must be attacked for 500HP before the Colonel can be defeated for good. The Colonel acts as a proper Fiend that tries to attack all the players of the game, it's best to team up to defeat him!

Drumstick Machine Gun

The Colonel opens his mouth and fires 5 chicken drumsticks at a random player that travel infinitely at Mario's dash speed. Each one is the size of Mr. Saturn and inflicts 5% with average hitstun. This is a telegraphed and easy attack to avoid which gives the player enough time to attack the Colonel; he'll usually use it against people who try to camp.

Chompin it Up!

The Colonel slowly opens his mouth before chompin down! Anyone who touches his mouth during this time takes 13% that KOs at 120%. This is faster than his previous attack, and he'll use it when attacked close range.

I'll Crush You All!!

The Colonel teleports offscreen before re-appearing above the middle of the stage and falling with his ungodly mass! He covers approximately 6 SBBs, doing 45% that KOs at 60% to anyone crushed beneath him. In addition, he'll send out a electrifying shockwave across the ground that pitfalls anyone who touches it in the 4 seconds it lasts for. Two seconds after landing the Colonel will teleport back to his normal position. He only uses this attack every 50 seconds.

Greasy Smear

Colonel raises a hand before slamming it down on your position, doing 18% that pitfalls. It's easy enough to dodge, but after smashing you he wipes the stage with his greasy hand! His hand moves at Ike's dash speed across the stage as far as it can stretch from the Colonel's main body; you can stand on it to attack the Colonel but if you are stuck by the moving hand's side you take 11% that KOs at 160%. This lasts until the Colonel has covered as much ground as he can 3 times before he raises his hand back up, giving players more than enough time to attack the Colonel. That said, the Colonel covered the stage in grease, which makes the players slide in the same manner as the oil from Melee Flat Zone...this lasts until the Colonel dies, and he can do it again and stack it.

Doll Collection

The Colonel opens his mouth while laughing to summon a Colonel Sanders Doll to assist him in battle. It has 30HP to be destroyed and will attack the players aggressively. The Colonel can have 3 of these dolls out at a time to assist him, and they will die when he dies or takes 50%.

Drumstick Missiles

The Colonel teleports far into the background like Lugia and Ho-oh do for their attacks before he fires 8 chicken drumstick missiles from his mouth...these travel towards you at Sonic's dash speed and each explode and inflict 22% that KO at 100%. For every 100% he's taken the Colonel will fire 3 more. If you can move at a ground speed rating of 6 or more you can dodge the missiles fine as you absolutely cannot shield against them, otherwise you'll have to dodge them hardout. This can be a rather fatal move though fortunately the Colonel does not use it often.

The Colonel's Curse

Oh no! The Colonel laughs evily as his eyes glow red. The player who "played" for the Tigers is now unable to win, as they suffer from the Colonel's Curse! The only way to undo it is to defeat the Colonel, because violence solves everything! At least in Brawl, that is...

After you beat the Colonel he explodes and dies! Yay!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
How do status effects fit into a bait and switch strategy exactly again? And as I was saying before, the foe will be guessing where you are repeatedely - they know you're trying to bait them into thinking you're going to leave a certain position. It's still a guessing game.
It's supposed to be a guessing game for them. The two characters are constantly interacting and are therefore not going off of nothing. Gastly is not constantly invisible and his game doesn't get ruined if his position is figured out - that's exactly what I was avoiding when I kept his playstyle broad.

Gastly isn't going to spot dodge them all forever and will have to approach at some point. His gas can only cover up two platforms worth of the stage, meaning the foe just has to pick to mindlessly camp in an area outside the gas to invalidate Gastly's existence. They should have a general enough idea of Gastly's location to know that he can't get to them without falling down into the stream of projectiles. Sure, you could just not limit the gas, but then Gastly becomes a much more generic invisibility character who prefers to run and just use his gas for damage. If we are taking MYM characters into account, Gastly is also giving them tons of time to do god knows what.
What? You're completely obfuscating the point. That Gastly can spotdodge projectiles doesn't mean he's going to be sitting on one corner of the stage constantly throwing out poison gas because it's the only safe way to play or what-have-you. He is never supposed to be giving a set-up character time to god knows what; against those characters, he has to dodge the projectiles as they come but keep a steady stream of pressure on.

Sure the bair is obvious, but Gastly is invisible -and- the foe has to go to a certain point, so it doesn't particularly matter. I will grant you disabling the foe's Up Special as a potentially interesting method of gimping, but it's not like he needs it with how conceptually broken the bair + the invisibility is.
The BAir also has that visual indicator that any half-decent opponent will start recognizing. It's not the only way to cause that twinkle, of course, but it's the one they'll be anticipating and will try to account for. In addition, it's a small hitbox and aiming it properly is not so easy when you're invisible. And lastly, for him to get out there while invisible in the first place, he needs to either run off the stage or teleport into place, both of which are not always feasible depending on what the opponent's recovery is.

GASTLY
I've been waiting to see a set touch on invisibility in a way that differentiates it from Smash to the point where it is actually meaningful. 'Smash invisibility' constitutes a character becoming transparent (as in Brawl), while Gastly vanishes from sight completing, emphasizing the aura of fear in his matches. It's a good thing this is the case, however, because I feel the fearful nature of Gastly's invisibility became somewhat forced as the set progressed...considering how easily he goes down, I would think he would be using his invisibility to even the odds and escape his big, bad opponent, while slowly but surely landing the hits necessary to score a KO.

The little queues to his location, while seemingly a shoe-in for an invisibility moveset, add some nice depth, due to being a double-edged sword for Gastly: he reveals his location to himself, as well as to the other players on the field. Although Gastly would likely be baiting opponents into one location through his invisibility (as MW hinted at), rather than jabbing them there himself, I can see your intended style working, depending on the character he's facing. Otherwise...there's not too much else to praise or hate on; simple Rool sets deserve simple comments of praise, which I feel toward Gastly, despite my complaints.

Oh, and I too enjoy his D-Air, if only because it provides an unforced element of uncertainty to his otherwise straightforward gimping game.
Thanks, Kupa! But isn't he using his invisibility to slowly but surely land the hits necessary to score a KO?

wait wait wait, *looks up*

Gastly's game is anti-spam? Anyone with a brain can beat spam with any char.. lol
Yeah, that's what I'm saying - Warlord is the one saying Gastly can't beat spam. Then again it was just spam to get a fresh page so oh well what you gonna do and I can't blame you because I'm bumping away everybody else's movesets but not to worry I'll do a very big catch-up eventually =)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Howdy hoes! Just dropping in to say that the voting period for MYmini #7 begins now! You get One regular vote and one Macro vote to spend so use them wisely! Remember to send your votes to me, MarthTrinity!

As for the new MYmini...

"Due to Cars 2 coming out, we have a decent excuse for this week’s mini – anything Pixar related. No limitations on what type of extra it has to be, just that it has to be themed around something Pixar’s done. Hardly seems like a time to do this mini in my opinion, what with how Cars 1 was the second worst Pixar move behind only Wall-E, but whatever. Even Cars is –decent-. Wall-E, on the other hand, has nothing beyond a single joke it carries on way too long and is a bunch of propaganda rubbish."

There it is! Remember to check out Junahu's post on the first page for all the minis you can vote on!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Gastly:
And now for a comment on the most controversial set in the contest. Gastly's moveset is very in-character, you don't need me to tell you that, the main question is, does it have a playstyle that holds up, or not? And I'm afraid that although Rool does an excellent job of selling the set in the playstyle section, there's a couple key problems with it.

The first one is that projectiles completely murder Gastly's invisibility game. Yes, he can spotdodge or try to avoid them, but something like Falco's laser WILL find him sooner or later, and in MYM that's pretty much par for the course.

The second (and more serious) problem is that outside from his gimping game, Gastly's not really a threat. Yes, I understand that the intended playstyle is to lure the foe there by constantly poking at them. However, what if they just refuse to play, and sit (probably while camping) in the middle of the stage? With his lack of damaging attacks (not that he can take advantage of that damage to KO anyway), this presents some real trouble for Gastly. While camping can be avoided by being aggressive enough and dodging around the opponent, this is something any opponent can and likely will do once they get any sort of lead.

Anyway, unlike MW, I do actually like the idea of the set, but I'm afraid the flaws above hold it back from being truly good. Still, I'd really like to see more from you, Rool.

Bobbery:
Well, concept-wise I'd say this is one of your better sets, Geto, as the fuse mechanic is certaintly imaginative and has plenty of interactions throughout the set. However, the set as a whole is pulled down by a lack of proofreading and polish. For example, taking a full ten seconds to explode, (5 if you use the fast wind down) is completely impractical to pull off on demand in smash. For comparison, a Falcon punch (a VERY difficult move to pull off in any serious match) takes only about a second. Also, the fuse mechanic, although a huge part of the set, is somewhat unclear in how it operates, and Bobbery will basically want his fuse on all the time. I feel like this set has wasted potential... concept-wise everything's there, but the execution is somewhat lacking. Still, I hope to see more from you, Geto.

EED Soldier:
I have to say, I really, REALLY like this set. This set is best comparable to Spidey in that each and every move interacts with the main theme, and the playstyle focuses on versatility. However, I like the concept of breaking apart the stage and using it as a weapon even more than my webline concepts. You name it, this guy can do it. Break the stage apart into pieces, weld those pieces back together in new ways, shove the stage towards blastzone to make a walkoff, and use some of the debris his earth-shattering stuff makes as weapons. (Sounds a bit like Concrete Man, actually.) Excellent job on this one JOE, I know I'll be voting it.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Wall-E, on the other hand, has nothing beyond a single joke it carries on way too long and is a bunch of propaganda rubbish."
WTF...seriously? What's wrong about saying, let's take care of what we have? You must have been watching Fox News where they actually found taking care of the planet to be offensive, and slammed the movie for it. How DARE pixar suggest there's anything wrong with modern society!? How DARE they!

:glare:

"WALL-E has been met with overwhelmingly positive reviews among critics, scoring an approval rating of 96% on the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. It grossed $521.3 million worldwide, won the 2008 Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film, the 2009 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form, the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature as well as being nominated for five other Academy Awards at the 81st Academy Awards. WALL-E ranks first in TIME's "Best Movies of the Decade"."

Smady

Smash Master
I'm with you Barbasol. Lots of people in Make Your Move hate on Wall-E, I found the first half of the film charming and at times enchanting in its tone and cinematic approaches.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I believe he means he'll make one out of spite :p

And the first half of the movie was great. The second overly preachy environmental bullcrap half can suck the big one.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
MasterWarlord is just jealous that a trash-compacting robot is getting more sex then he is.

Emperor Zurg

"So, Buzz Lightyear; we meet again...FOR THE LAST TIME!"

Emperor Zurg is a minor antagonist in Pixar's Toy Story trilogy, and a major antagonist in spinoffs, most notably those focusing on Buzz Lightyear. In the series, Zurg is the fictional archenemy of Buzz Lightyear, and by proxy, all of Star Command. He is constantly attempting to put an end to his nemesis's life, constantly failing. A toy version of Zurg is encountered by Andy's Toys in the second movie, where Zurg reveals in the middle of a duel that he is, in fact, Buzz Lightyear's father.

This battle is preceded by a short platforming level. Use your imagination here; no one gives a crap about the platforming level, they want to get to the real meat: the boss himself. The battle with Zurg takes place on a platform the shape of Final Destination, but slightly smaller. There is a bridge of 5 small, floating platforms, each the length of a crouching Squirtle to the left of the stage. Standing on one of these for 3 seconds will cause it to fall, and you can pick up one of these platforms by pressing A on top of it. It acts as a hurling item that deals 15% damage and good hitstun, it traveling at Mario's dashing speed until it hits the blast line, but is laggy to throw. Try using it when he's distracted to actually hit him. A new platform floats in from the abyss below to replace missing ones five seconds after one of them goes missing.

As for Zurg himself, he stands at about Snake's height and has double the weight of Bowser, he is able to take knockback and be grabbed like a normal character, surprisingly. Yes, you can kill him by knocking him into one of the blast zones, but this is terribly difficult. So, you're better off attempting to deplete the 800% HP that he has. Zurg moves about at Peach's dashing speed, and can float like her as well, but at double the time. Zurg can use all of his attacks while floating, so you'll have to be cautious against him. You play as all BKupa's Andy's Toys, all 4 of the toys being present and each having their own stock. This epic music plays to intensify this already near-impossible battle. Good luck: you'll need it.

100% Health​

Ion Blaster
Zurg cocks his ion blaster, before aiming it straight at the foe! Zurg begins rapid-firing yellow ion balls at the foe, each dealing about 5% damage each and flinching, making you open for more of these ions. There is about a .10 second delay between him firing each of these ions, and Zurg fires off 6 off these before halting his fire. If the foe attempts to move around Zurg or jump over him, Zurg will keep his blaster locked on to them, still firing no matter where they attempt to move. This is Zurg's bread-and-butter move, as he will attempt to use this move at most opportunities the foe is open.

Barrier
Zurg waves his arm in front of himself, creating a Ganon-sized glowing red barrier as he does so. This barrier is completely solid, acting as a wall that absorbs all oncoming projectiles. In addition, any foe that comes up to the barrier will be bounced back at three times the speed they walked into it at. Zurg most often uses this attack when foes are about to grab him or when they attempt to spam projectiles. Zurg can have about 3 of these out at a time, his 1st Barrier is destroyed once he decides to create a 4th, you get the idea. Each Barrier lasts for about 10 seconds. Of note: Remember those floating platforms that the foe can pick up and toss? They bounce off of these, returning at twice the speed with twice the damage straight back towards the foe. Zurg's own Ion Blaster/Sniper Blaster shots bounce off of these as well.

Sniper Blaster
Zurg cocks his blaster and aims it at the foe. Like in his first Ion Blaster, he constantly aims his blaster directly at the foe. Zurg aims for about 2.8 seconds before firing off a large ion blast as wide as Samus's charge shot, but twice the size. The blast travels forward at Sonic's dashing speed, dealing 20% damage and high knockback to anyone it hits. During the charging phase, Zurg can cancel this into any other move from his arsenal, faking foes out with his normal Ion Blaster or creating a barrier when they come to stop him. Speaking of barriers, Zurg's ion blast here will actually supercharge any barriers it hits. Supercharged barriers will make a loud, whirring noise, and after another second, launch forward at Captain Falcon's dashing speed! The barrier retains it's wall-like properties throughout, effectively shoving careless foes right off the side blast zones. Zurg likes to use this at times where foes won't be able to punish him for the lag, as this move is somewhat laggy.

Minions of Zurg

Zurg claps once, letting out a disgruntled cry of "Servants!" From a hidden floor panel behind the evil emperor, one of Zurg's bulky minions emerges over a period of 2 seconds. During this time, these minions can be instantly destroyed, meaning you'll want to do it quickly. Once the minion is out, it will stay on the battlefield until it takes 20% damage, being immune to knockback. The minion stands at about Bowser's height and, when it needs to, moves at Bowser's walking speed as well. They usually never move unless they're attempting to get closer to the foe. Once the minion attempts to attack, it activates something on it's arm, holding out a red laser from it's arm the size of R.O.B.'s laser. The laser covers almost half of your battleground with Zurg, and the minion is able to aim it at will. The laser deals 2% damage and flinch per second, giving Zurg plenty of time to set up his Sniper Blaster. While your first instinct would be to shield this, the laser eats away at shields quite fast, having them broken in a matter of seconds. Zurg can only have one of these out at a time.

Dark Grab
Taking a cue from Ganon, Zurg carelessly swipes his arm out in front of him. This has poor range, as you might've expected when I mentioned Ganon's name. However, Zurg's is actually somewhat worthwhile, as he can grab in the air. In addition, Zurg can grab right through his barriers, punishing foes who decide to come up near him. When Zurg grabs a foe, he will hold them for 4 seconds, no matter what sort of foolish button mashing they attempt to pull off. Zurg can move about with the foe in his grasp, but is unable to perform any of his normal attacks during this time. Instead, Zurg gets two grab options against those pesky foes, the first are a series of repeated, weak shoves forward, while normally useless, he will only perform this against his barrier. The vibrations of the barrier will deal 6% damage to the foe everytime they hit it. At the end of his series of shoves, Zurg hurls the foe right into the barrier, sending them likely flying away from the speed they were sent into it. The second option is that Zurg will lift the foe above his head, spinning them constantly around his head as though they were a propeller. In the air, this actually does function as a propeller, sending Zurg and the foe upwards 5 SBBs. After twirling them around for a bit, Zurg tosses them upward in a manner similar to Mario's forward throw, dealing 8% damage. Zurg can actually grab and throw his minion, and he'll likely be doing this a bit, seeing as they're sluggish on their own and they can attack from the air. In the air, Zurg tosses them the foe downwards rather then forwards, likely sending them to their doom if they were in the air.

50% Health​

Intergalactic Shield
Zurg laughs evilly as a red, glowing shield covers his entire body. This shield prevents all damage and knockback, while Zurg is able to attack normally. Zurg can use this at any time during the fight, but it's usually done after summoning a minion. Let the minion weaken them while Zurg prepares his other tricks. While this can be done at any time, Zurg can only perform this once during the battle. Hey, it may be generic, but it's better then the token healing move. The shield takes 35% before shattering.

Dark Catch
At the beginning of this, there appears to be nothing to differentiate this from Dark Grab. The lag properties, animation and such are all identical. However, this has a completely different use: if any projectile comes into contact with Zurg during the animation, he'll catch it and toss it back! The most obvious thing Zurg will be attempting to catch are floating platforms, turning the battle into a game of catch with your barriers. The foe will constantly want to catch the platform and send it back to him, seeing as by the all the times it's likely bounced between Zurg's barriers, it will be incredibly powerful. In addition, Zurg can actually pick up his barriers and toss them at you, them spinning like a frisbee at the speed of Fox's dash until they reach the blast line. The barriers acts as they normally would despite being tossed, mind you. One favorite strategy of Zurg's is to toss his barriers at you, then prepare a Sniper Blaster while you attempt to dodge...

Shoulder Charge
Flames coming from Zurg's bottom, Zurg places his shoulder in front of himself and charges forward! Zurg moves about 5 SBBs forward at Falcon's dashing speed during this time, giving a dragging effect to any foes he hits. Trapped foes are dealt 5% damage every second they are being dragged along. Zurg will pass through all his barriers during this time, the flames coming from his bottom, however, supercharge them! The obvious use here is to keep the foe helpless for a bit so you can supercharge your barriers, likely leading to a KO.

25% Health​

Barrier Rush
Zurg waves his hands and all of his barriers are immediately supercharged, blah blah blah. IT'S ****ING MAGIC.

0% Health​

The Frustration of Zurg
With a cry of frustration, Zurg begins to look extremely pissed off as he pulls out a small, purple remote control with a large red button, labeled with a stylized Z. Zurg presses it, causing the ground below him to to rumble. After 10 seconds, of which is counted down on the large screen behind the fight, the stage explodes! Zurg tries his hardest to keep you on the stage during this time, the lag in his attacks being halved. He'll try and break your shield with his minions, bounce you between barriers, you name it. Once the ground is destroyed, the only ground remaining are the floating platforms on the right. Zurg doesn't dare stoop down to these floating platforms, however, as he now gains an unlimited float, and always floats out of melee range. This is at the cost of the lag on his attacks returning to normal. The only ways you can hope to defeat him are by projectiles and aerial attacks, however, he blocks all of these with his barriers. Nay, the way you'll want to finish him off is with a floating platform! This turns the last few parts of the match into an intense game of tennis, basically.

Eventually, the speed of the platforms becomes too much for Zurg to deal with as, in a small miniature cutscene, he is hit square in the face by one, as he clutches his head in pain, The Andy's Toy you were playing as takes the opportunity to toss one straight at his bottom! (If playing as Rex, he will go into a nervous panic and accidentally whack Zurg, who floats into melee range in his pained state, with his tail.) Zurg falls to his apparent death in the abyss below afterwards, letting out a cry of "NOOOOOOOO!" Congratulations, you won! Zurg is added to MYM Boss Rush mode, you unlock Zurg's Arena as a stage, and receive bonus costumes for Andy's Toys. Hurrah.

Zurg's Arena Music
Evil Emperor Zurg
Sonic 3- Final Boss Remix
Zurg's Planet
Emperor Zurg vs. Buzz Lightyear
The Claw
Toyz Noize - Pogo (Covered by Alvin Pingol)
Buzzwing - Pogo

Smady

Smash Master
The problems with Admiral Bobbery have already been touched upon rather well by other members: suffice to say I agree with them, in terms of the balance issue and redundacy of a lot of the inputs. What I do feel is an improvement, however, and what places this over Bad Girl is that you do have an actual overarching playstyle, as simplistic as it is. You just want to space the Bob-Ombs out as much as you can and with a chain reaction of explosions, cover a large area of the stage. At its deepest, this means positioning your Bob-Ombs in precarious positions for the foe and making sure you're all synced up... but this is very basic stuff. There are also far too many positioning moves, where there could be some more meaningful, flowing moves taking advantage of how he can cause explosions all over the stage. I think really, the set would be far better if you just let Bobbery detonate the other Bob-Ombs more easily and didn't use such a complicated mechanic. Like a lot of the flow in this set, it feels quite forced, especially with how so many moves are generally just moving around your Bob-Ombs anyway giving you less time to be winding down your fuse. I can see the intended playstyle, however, and it is a good idea, it's just your execution needs to change.

With a set like Gallade, the entire premise rests on the shoulders of this one special mechanic. In this case, that is steadfast, which is talked up quite a bit and referenced to throughout... in all, I wasn't too impressed by it, as it's a pretty generic buff a lot of the time which really just leads into more easily-landed combos. I think what was mostly disappointing, though, was that there's no real benefit to being low on percentage with this mechanic - sure, as you get more and more damaged you become faster, but that doesn't mean before that you are really going to be playing much more differently. It seemed to me like Gallade would be doing quite the same pattern of attacks at both ends of steadfast, only he'd be far more successful with it activated. Of course, variation exists - moves do change fundamentally because of the mechanic - but it's most always a transformation into an outright better move.

And while that may seem very negative, I actually did like this set due to how much of an original take on a rushdown it is and how it brings a lot of fresh ideas to this old concept. Stuff like the foresight, the horizontal aerial and even the somewhat unoriginal forward smash are executed in ways which are pretty interesting in combination and allow for more than your usual run-through of combining moves into a smorgasbord of non-stop hits. I was actually impressed by how well these flow together while remaining rather unique, though the grab game and some of the shield-breaking moves were among the less imaginative. It's just not all that interesting to me, due to how I can't get behind the special mechanic. Not that it's a bad mechanic, but I didn't find it forgiving for what is essentially a rushdown character.

E.E.D. Soldier feels like the sandbox mode you intended, and while this has its pitfalls [pun intended], the result is mostly successful in creating a strong sense of flow between moves and taking advantage of the stage in an unrestricted manner. It's a set I'd love to see in action, being that you can completely de-construct the stage and then use it as a weapon itself against the foe - that concept is just pure genius. While a lot of the stuff not to do with the actual destroying of the stage is well-visited - like tunnelling through the stage and manipulating the curvature of it to combine it with traps - it does flow well into the playstyle and justifies its existence. It's one of those playstyles which seems utterly intuitive, while completely unique - break off pieces of the stage strategically to give yourself an advantage over the foe.

If this set has any big flaw, though, it is in how it doesn't really have any focus beyond just being a sandbox mode. The playstyle isn't shallow, but the character is and it does take a lot of the fun out of the set when you're playing as someone who is basically just The Hulk with no speciality besides directly manipulating the stage. This is still better than just bad characterisation, but it could have been done better if you just gave him a semblance of personality, as he feels like too much of a player mould. Obviously this is fairly unimportant when you take into mind the strength of the playstyle, how well it flows and how diverse it is, while staying focused in playing tactically when separating the stage. Besides, the point of a sandbox is to do what you like, so not being tied down by a character also makes some sense. This is one of my favourite entries so far.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
1. Riot Infected by Kholdstare
2. Riot Officer by MarthTrinity
3. Curse of the Colonel by Katapultar

Joker's Minions by Davidreamcatcha​

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Also, I made it to 1,900 posts without celebrating. Awww....

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to start commenting sets, but just about everything earlier in the contest has had it's flaws and strengths posted and gone over several times already, so I'm just going to start here and make sure to keep up.

E.E.D Soldier

This is certainly a fun set, letting you split and mess with the stage in about every way imaginable. As Smady said above, it certainly flows, as everything involved in shaping the stage is for the most part intuitive and makes sense in it's role. My main problems with the set stem from logistical issues with the premise itself rather than the implementation. This seems to be a character whose effectiveness is decided by the stage he's played on far more than a character honestly should. Dynamic stages make his hard work shaping one part of the stage undone in an instant, and certain stages simply can't be drilled through or have chunks pulled out of due to being exceptionally thin. Overall, I like how this is put together, and it looks like a blast to play, as long as you stick to normal stages.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Which is another highlight of the set, MYMers seem to forget about the counterpick system for stages.

Sure Falco wrecks **** on FD where you cant hide but a MU with him changes drastically when you go to even just BF.

EED is essentially designed to lose vs direct pressure so he needs to pick the stage wisely in order to work it as a weapon, adding another layer of depth to his play. Of course you can CP his *** to say Rainbow cruise but then he still has some tools to work with.

Smady

Smash Master
User Rankings #7

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 10 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 5PM on Monday EST, 3PM PMT or 10PM GMT; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:

30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions

This week was a rather impressive one compared even to the insanely active one just past, giving us six new movesets, many of which besting previous efforts by the same author. In first was Warlord, posting a plethora of comments on top of a joint moveset, finished for the deceased darth meanie. Vlad has some really interesting mechanics going for him as well as a bunch of neat ways to manipulate them and is definitely worth a read. In second was n88, giving us a new set in Venom alongside a relatively beefy comment catch-up post following up on a handful of movesets. The set in question does quite best Spider-Man at its own schemes and is a unique twist on the rushdown genre of sets due to its special mechanic. Last but not least was Kupa who posted up a storm of comments, topping the charts simply due to their impressive volume. Good stuff all around.

Remember to check out the stadium to find all of the sets mentioned.

Overall User Rankings

Points: 30, Movesets: Enrico Pucci, Commander Shepard, Gallade

Points: 2, Movesets: Sho Minamimoto, Taokaka, Arakune, Emidius Amarandos, Majora, Redead, Trace

Points: 1, Movesets: Genesect, Mike Haggar, Mr. Freeze, MODOK​

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Which is another highlight of the set, MYMers seem to forget about the counterpick system for stages.

Sure Falco wrecks **** on FD where you cant hide but a MU with him changes drastically when you go to even just BF.

EED is essentially designed to lose vs direct pressure so he needs to pick the stage wisely in order to work it as a weapon, adding another layer of depth to his play. Of course you can CP his *** to say Rainbow cruise but then he still has some tools to work with.
I know that counterpicks exist, but that is an optional rule used for tournament play or as a house rule. And even though stage related matchups like anyone vs. MK on Brinstar exist, at least every character is functional on Brinstar instead of having half or more of their moves ineffective or completely useless. Also, if a counterpick system is so essential to the function of the set, then it should be brought up in the playstyle section to clarify the point.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Internet being down makes me sad. And Wall-E was terrible unless you were twelve or Al Gore.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Jesus your new avvy...

Also LoL, i thought stage choice would be you know, implied for a character who manipulates the stage in such an extreme manner, I even bring it up in the set a few times for types of stages and strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom