• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Brothers League (SSBL)

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Dexter is from mexico which forces him to ping spoof (DAM U OWNA) and slightly lag from time to time.

I think we should abolish the known lag here...try to have a good competitive event!
he doesnt spoof, sometimes he uses a modem that gives him lower ping but it makes him lag, but when he uses his normal modem its fine

also, ive never seen tonshad play smash and he would probably lie about results if he does play.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
If you don't get the 24 I will volunteer my name to be taken off (I'll participate in the next season, when, hopefully, I could stand a better competitive chance).

Atomic

Smash Rookie
uhhh if your talking about being server active im always come on the server but this site.....i check but dont log in much

The Star King

Smash Hero
Felipe, if we need you for the 24 man league, you can play, but only on server. If we downsize, you will have to go, I'm sorry.

Felipe will sadly get the axe first, so ricky you are safe.
You realize that Ricky is from Chile, right? The delay will be just as bad as with felipe.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yes I saw that earlier today. Unfortunately had no internet at the time. Ricky, sorry man but if we cut back you gotta go as well.

I miscounted, we have 21 signed up at the moment. However, at this point looks like we're gonna have to cut back to 16. I'll wait till tomorrow just to be sure.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
atomic said he doesnt want to play anymore so just take off atomic, limacon, tonshad, ricky, and felipe and u will have 16

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea those were the people who were gonna go out. Limacon has first dibs on expansion players cuz he's a volunteered to go out first. I've already made four 4-player divisions, they're on my home computer now though, I'll put up the divisions tonight. Damn we got some good competition going, playoffs are gonna be tough to make!

I don't know how good some players are, which may throw off the divison balance. Got any general tier suggestions (SS, S, A, B, C, lower?) for the players I don't know?

That includes:

Zantetsu
sharksquail
supa
jimmyjoe

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sharksquail and supa are C-tier. I'd assume the same or lower for jimmyjoe 'cuz he just started. Zantetsu is pretty good I think? IDK.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Bubba, if my opponent doesnt want to play via p2p (6-8 frames) i dont have problem playing on galaxy, i have can play with 9-10 frames without problem.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Oops, I completely forgot about this xP. can I still join?

Kaillera Name: JaimeHR
Email: JaimeHR.SsB@gmail.com
IM: JaimeHR3
General Availability times: You can find me on MSN the whole week during afternoons so probably 1:00 P.M - 10:00 P.M. East time.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
felipe, sorry but 9-10 frames is... kinda pointless competively, even if its only you playing it. Maybe if this works out, we can have a division of south american players next season. We'll see.

Jaime, sorry man, but we're cutting back to 16, and you are #17. If only you'd signed up earlier, first week boom v jaime matchup livestream plans down the drain.... sigh. Always next season if there is one.

Divisions to be posted shortly.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Divisions are up in the form of standings in the 2nd post. Messed up formatting, may fix it or may just live with it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you don't cut anyone out that would be 22 people? I would just wait for 2 more people instead of cutting out 6 >_>

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Clubba, i dont care playing with 9 serious. I dont lag. Beleive, i play almsot in the same way with 9 frames.

EDIT: btw, i dont have problem palying with 9 and my opponent with 2, i am used to that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
In the interest of actually getting this league started, I'm going to stick with what we already have. Felipe, I understand you're willing to do 9 frames, but its just not a seriously competitive game at that large of a delay. We're going to keep this within North America for now (mexico, USA, canada). Dunno if I'll get the schedule out tonight. Maybe I'll just put the first weeks games up. Might actually put the schedule up week by week, so I can control the DRAMA.

Also Battlecow, of course you're in Nova's division. Leagues don't survive without division rivalries. You two were a package the whole time.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Also Battlecow, of course you're in Nova's division. Leagues don't survive without division rivalries. You two were a package the whole time.
if ur serious then that was a dumb idea, the divisions shoulda been random

Peek~

Smash Lord
Pretty cool so far, should be fun

Meh I would have let the rivalries come on their own

Battlecow

Play to Win
Awwww snap

time to shake the consoly rust off in PREPARATION

Ima be on from like 11 AM to 5 PM CST tomorrow, any good people wanna play a bunch of semiserious matches? Nova, Sheer, I am coming for you.

Battlecow

Play to Win
And I hope you like grabs, mother****er.

No 4 out of 10 stuff this time. I'm gonna be ready.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Just going to release the schedule for week 1 now. FYI, you will play each person in your division twice, each player in the other division of your conference once, and each player in the division in the other conference with the same name (i.e., Master Hand West will player Crazy Hand West). So the games you will play are pre-determined, though the order in which they will be played I haven't completely figured out yet. Also, sorry for forcing the rivalries guys, but I was told by multiple people I would need maximum hype to make this work. Well, what's done is done. Week 1 is below, bolded matchups are the weeks highlights. Remember, matches must be done and reported by Noon on Monday, July 11th. I'm giving everyone a little extra time for the first match-up to get people used to it. Have fun!

Schedule for week 1:

Set 1 (intra-conference play):
boom 3-0 killer
snake 3-1 dexter
zantetsu 0-0 koro (not played)
jimmyjoe 3-1 sharksquail
sheer 2-3 peek
battlecow 0-3 surri
nova 1-3 kys
supa 0-3 clubba (not played)

Set 2 (Division play):
boom 3-0 jimmyjoe
snake 3-0 zantetsu
killer 0-3 sharksquail (not played)
dexter 3-0 koro
sheer 0-0 supa (not played)
battlecow 0-3 nova
peek 3-0 clubba
surri 3-1 kys

Peek~

Smash Lord
You can play them now but just be sure you finish by Noon on Monday, July 11th. Otherwise they go into the tiebreaker system thingy

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
but seriously i hope u didnt sit there and handpick matches that u thought people had rivalries with even tho thats kinda wat they do in the nfl. In smash these things should be random to be fair, also i dont know wat u mean about rivalry, i barely play battlecow unless its a tournament. If this is how u choose who plays by "rivalries" then ill make sure i dont play next season since i dont wanna play the same people every season. I guess ur expecting us to talk smack or somethin, dont get ur hopes up.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Made divisions based primarily on skill level. Completely random would be stupid (i think) because you end up with really weak or strong divisions. Yes I did make sure some matches happened, like sheer v peek and nova v battlecow, and I apologize for that, won't happen next season.

Nova:
1 We could mix up divisions between seasons.
2 I don't care if you talk smack or not.
3 Nice edits. Just say what you want the first time or I might not ever see it.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
ok thats fine, also are u gonna post everyone's records on the first page?

Week 1
Nova beat Battlecow 3-0

Battlecow

Play to Win
*Grinds teeth*

*drinks whiskey*

*looks longingly at the revolver on his desk*

*reaches for his keyboard instead*

Time to train.

The Star King

Smash Hero
And I could have watched. I just didn't because I thought it would be recorded. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Top Bottom