• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Brothers League (SSBL)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Sorry guys, I got busy this weekend. Schedule for week 2 is below, and you can always play games early once you get the schedule. Still 5 games unplayed for week 1. 2 of them are Supa, who is most likely getting double forfeits this week. Zant/snake said they were playing tonight. Still leaves zant/koro, killer/sharks. If your game doesn't get played, PM me why not as detailed as you can so I can make the decisions.

Schedule for week 2:

Set 1 (inter-conference play):

boom 0-0 supa (not played)
snake 3-1 nova
zant 1-3 bcow
jimmyjoe 0-3 sheer (not played)
killer 3-1 clubba
dexter 3-1 kys
koro 0-3 surri (not played)
shark 0-3 peek

Set 2 (Division play):
boom 0-3 zant (not played)
snake 3-0 jimmyjoe
killer 3-0 koro
dexter 3-0 shark
sheer 3-1 nova
bcow 3-0 supa
peek 3-0 kys
surri 3-2 clubba

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Okay, I want to make decisions on week 1 forfeits tonight, but I need more information. Matches that weren't played:

zant vs koro- zant you said you "haven't seen koro." But I think koro said that you messaged him earlier in the week? What happened here guys, someone stop responding to PM's?

supa vs clubba- me and supa message back and forth, he ended up saying he didn't have time to play, so I think I'm gonna take the win here.

killer vs shark- shark you said you PM'd killer on thursday. I hope you mean the one before the 4th of july. I said in the OP, if you contact your opponent too late in the week, I am going to lean towards double forfeits. Let me know if that's the first contact you made.

sheer vs supa- sheer, i know supa was not very available this week, but it sounds like you just waited for him on kaillera. You did PM him right?

Everyone, please tell me what happened ASAP with your games. If I get no information by tonight, I'll just make a temporary decision subject to change with more info.

Is anyone going to Genesis besides boom? I can make an exception if multiple people are gonna miss games, but I'm not gonna do it for 1 person. Boom needs losses anyway, lets be real.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
sheer vs supa- sheer, i know supa was not very available this week, but it sounds like you just waited for him on kaillera. You did PM him right?
Pretty much. I PM'ed him on kaillera but he didn't respond. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't extremely proactive in trying to find him. But I did try to contact him once. As far as I know he didn't do anything to try and contact me.

You can make the match a tie or w/e. Really doesn't matter to me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
sheer, what do you mean by 'PM' on kaillera? Tried to reach him on main chat, typed in his personal chat ? Unless you contacted him in a way that is permanently recorded (email, PM on smashboards), its not good enough.

Koro, being on the server is also not good enough. He PM'd you, correct? Did you respond?

Game times will have to be set up outside of kaillera for the most part guys. If you rely on server alone and your game isn't played, I'm probably gonna have to give you a loss. I don't mean to be an ***, but we are working with strict time frames here which means people need to be proactive.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Contacted him on the 7th. Kinda late, but I think 4 days is enough time to even just respond. Your call though.

:phone:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Week 1 Forfeit Decisions

There were 4 forfeits this week. In the interest of transparency, decisions on the forfeits are shown below:

zant vs koro: My understanding now is that Zant PM'd Koro on smashboards. I do not know if Koro responded back. Based on what he said and what Zant has said, my best guess is that Koro did not respond via PM, but waited on kaillera for zant to show up. Edit: Zant says he doesn't deserve the win either. Both get losses (0-0).

supa vs clubba: I PM'd supa the first day the schedule was out I believe and said when I could play. He said he was out July 4th weekend, but maybe next week would work. I PM'd him a few more times, until he replied back saying he wouldn't have time to play. clubba gets the win (3-0).

killer vs shark: shark PM'd killer on Thursday, killer never responded. Because this is the first week, i will cut shark some slack since he initiated contact. HOWEVER, in the future, contacting your opponent this late in the week may result to a double loss. shark gets the win (3-0).

sheer vs supa: To my knowledge, no PM's were exchanged between the two on smashboards. Sheer contacted supa through kaillera, but supa was afk at the time it seems. Not enough attempt from either player. both get losses (0-0).

If anyone has a problem with a decision, or can correct my current knowledge of the "facts", state your reasons either in this thread or in a PM to me.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
To further explain mine and Koro's situation, I sent Koro a message stating that I wouldn't be available last weekend but I should be during the week. I want to say that he responded to me, because I remember something like that, but I can't find any responses in my inbox or on my profile so maybe he didn't send me anything in return? I never delete anything so if he did reply, he either deleted his post off of my profile or smashboards somehow did something.

I've been on the server, mostly around night time, all week. I haven't ran into Koro. I was also on AIM during the early areas of the week, and I didn't see him there either. My recommendations is that Koro needs to be on some sort of chat client more if he's going to partake in this. It's kinda what saved mine and Snake's match.

As for me taking the win, I'd rather us both take the loss instead of me just taking the win. Even though Koro didn't put much effort into finding me, other then going on the server daily, I believe I didn't put much effort into finding him either. After PM'ing him, I was just expecting to see him online on a chat client or server and that was the farthest I went to planning my match. I know now that I should arrange dates rather then waiting.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Week 2

I beat Shark 3-0

Just a suggestion but can you put the current week's matches in the 2nd or even 3rd post? So we dont have to do any digging

PM'd kys

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Great idea Peek. From now on, the current weeks schedule is going to be in the 3rd post of this thread (I just left my application above it). I'm still going to post the new schedules at the end of the thread just so it is documented for everyone, but like Peek said now you won't have to go hunting for it.

Also, make sure you PM your opponent even if you know he won't be available, i.e. boomfan. No free wins, you gotta put some effort in to get the W. Just keeping it consistent.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Week 2

Killer beat clubba 3-1

I had to forfeit the last match because my computer shut down and had to do repairs. He had me anyway. GGs

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Good stuff guys. 5 matches left in week 2. Boom is in 2 of them, and he has all but forfeited those two games. Supa and Zant, just let me know that you PM'd him and you'll get the win.

Still left:

jimmyjoe vs sheer
Dexter vs kys
koro vs surri

play your matches this weekend! I'll try to put up week 3's schedule tomorrow. I'll leave the week 2 schedule in the 3rd post until the official noon on monday deadline, then I'll switch it to week 3.

Edit: I don't know if everyone has checked out Nintendude's Online Rating Project Thread, but here's the link

SBR Ratings

I'd like to have the results from this league be submitted to that, but since people didn't agree to it before the season started, I would need everyone's consent. If anyone doesn't want to be part of this, then obviously the results here won't be submitted, but if everyone's okay with it then they will be. In your next result post, could you just say whether or not you would be okay with results going to the rating project. Or, if you don't want everyone to see your stance, just PM me and I'll keep it private. Again, results won't be used without consent from all 16 players.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't want mine rated so don't include mine. If I want my matches rated I'll join an event in which I know about it before hand.

And I PM'ed jimmyjoe.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
No problem Sheer. I have feeling more than one person feels that way, and I'm not so keen on partially rating the games. Next season will be rated though, just so everyone knows.

Moving on, it's everyone's favorite time of the week: MAAAAAATCHUUUUPPPPS!!!!!!!!!!

Schedule for Week 3

Set 1
boom 3-0 nova
glow 3-0 agent
zant 0-3 sheer
jimmyjoe 1-3 battlecow
killer 3-0 kys
dexter 3-0 clubba
lima 0-3 peek
shark 0-3 surri

Set 2
boom 3-0 snake
zant 3-0 jimmyjoe
killer 3-1 dexter
lima 0-3 shark
sheer 3-0 battlecow
jaime 3-0 agent
peek 1-3 surri
kys 3-1 clubba

Previews:

SuPeRbOoMfAn vs $N@K3: The incredibly on fire 4-0 snake taking on the always amazing superboomfan in possibly a division changing game. With boom forfeiting 2 games to go to genesis, he'll already have 2 losses. If snake wins, he'll have a 3 game lead, and the way he's playing, who knows if he'll lose 3 games this season. Boom has to deliver here, or risk giving snake the commanding division lead. Boom may be the large favorite, but the week of console only and the travel might be just enough for snake to take advantage of.

Peek~ vs Surri-Sama: Provided Surri can take care of business in his last week 2 game, this would be a matchup between two of the three remaining 4-0 players, within the same division, no less. Peek has been cleaner thus far, dropping just 2 games to possibly his toughest match of the season, the sheermadness LASERS. Surri has dropped 3 games in 3 matches, all 3 to division opponents whom Peek swept. But all that goes out the window in this fight for the top of the Crazy Hand East. Can Surri make it happen?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
surri vs koro

sheer vs jimmyjoe

Status? I know galaxy is down right now, but maybe you guys can try westwonderland or p2p.

And Supa, did you try to contact boom at all?

kys

Smash Ace
Week 3
Killer beat kys 3-0
GGS
2 1 stocks (Congo) and 1 4 stock (Hyrule). All matches were Kirby vs. Falcon. Gotta say I'm not prepared for all of this Pika/Kirby stuff going on. Looks like I gotta p2p some good people and ask them to play top tiers and get better.

On a side note, Congo seems to be a really nice stage for falcon in the falcon/kirby matchup. The higher platforms on the side and the middle let a lot of combos continue that normally would stall, and the platforms on the side plus the barrel also help A LOT with recovery. Congo also helps Falcon get faster kills on Kirby because of the shorter width of the stage.

Defensively, the moving platforms can provide tech opportunities to help get out of combos if you're lucky. The two slants on the ground level can also make it harder for Kirby to do his utilt, depending on where both chars are positioned. In case any fellow falcons wanted some advice I figured I would throw a bone out there.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I was contacted by koro saying he was available any time at night...for the past 4 days i've been checking AIM and Galaxy (except yesterday) for koro...I have not found him. :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
set up a specific time for tonight if you can.

Week 3

kys beats clubba 3-1

so close, i think all the games, is not 3 of them came down to last stock high damage on both. wish i coulda forced a 5th. GGs.

Week 2 is officially over! 12/16 games were again played. Games not played were:

boom vs supa: boom is getting a loss for this, question is whether or not supa is also getting a loss. supa, did you try to contact boom? i know zant and boom actually gave it a shot but there was too much lag. What did you do to deserve a win?

jimmy vs sheer: did jimmy ever get back to sheers pm? if not sheer gets the win.

koro vs surri: My understanding is koro gave surri a vague pm saying he would be available at night. Surri lurked on the server waiting for him. Did anyone try to set up a time? What did each of you do to deserve the win.

boom vs zant: Nice attempt at making the game happen guys, but o well. boom, ur gonna get the loss because you were only available for 1 day, and it was the first day no less. I bet you regret going to genisis now huh?!?!?!

Let me know why you should get a win if your game wasn't played. There's no such thing as a free win.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well I didn't only lurk I check AIM (which has been the key to finding koro every other time we've had to play)

I asked him again for a specific time and again he told me to be on after 10....

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah he did. This was his response:

I'm on a roadtrip so my internet is limited, but I'm gonna try to get on sometime tonight and/or tomorrow. Ill lookbout for sheer****ness.
Is there a good way to get in touch with you quickley when I get on?

I dunno if he ever got on. I was on a little bit friday but not at all saturday. I don't seem to have any issues getting matches done with the people I see on kaillera consistently. But people like jimmyjoe, I don't see much, are a lot harder to play. I'm not worried about it though. Give us both losses if you want. Doesn't matter to me.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Yah he did. This was his response:

I dunno if he ever got on. I was on a little bit friday but not at all saturday. I don't seem to have any issues getting matches done with the people I see on kaillera consistently. But people like jimmyjoe, I don't see much, are a lot harder to play. I'm not worried about it though. Give us both losses if you want. Doesn't matter to me.
I got on a for an hour or so both Friday and Saturday to look for ya sheer, played surri a couple matches, and some others I didn't recognize.
I actually thought someone named sheergladness was you on as a clever alias, but he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about when I said we had a league match to play.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Week 2 Forfeit Decisions:

Boom vs Supa: Both get losses. Supa, if you ever check this thread again and verify that you tried to contact boom, you will get a win. This is your 3rd missed game out of 4. Granted not your fault, but still 2 out of 3 games you could've played you didn't, cmon man. Both lose (0-0).

jimmyjoe vs sheer: sheer gets the win. jimmy was on a road trip, which is cool, but not cool enough for the win. Also sheer, this is the first game jimmy has missed, I don't think he's that hard to get a hold of on a normal week. Sheer wins (3-0).
edit: just saw jimmy's post. You didn't offer a big enough or early enough time frame though, sheer still wins.

koro vs surri: i'm gonna give surri the win here, unless koro has a legitimate argument. My ears are open. Surri wins (3-0).

boom vs zant: tried to play the game, but lagged out, then boom went to some minor tourney in cali or something. lame. this is THE LEAGUE! get your priorities straight boom. Not enough of a window from boom, zant wins (3-0).

Again, these aren't final if you have any info you haven't given me yet. Also, I'm keeping track of how many games you've missed. The more you miss, the less likely I am to believe that you tried to make it happen. Don't dig yourself a hole.

Top Bottom