• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violence

Smash Lord
Shoutouts(I hope you people name search yourselves):

German, Dan, Boback, Sheridan, Zoreh, Peter Dan's Brother, and other family members/friends that I didn't learn the names of: Holy crap. I've been to big *** gaming events, and I've helped out at my fair share of large tournaments. I have an idea of just how much planning, preparation, money, stress, and overall effort goes into doing something like this. To say good **** would be glossing over just how dedicated you guys were this past weekend. This was the largest, hypest, and most enjoyable melee event I've ever been to ever. Thank you. I'll just leave it at that.

Brandon: I'ma steal your shoutout order. Get me whenever, you know it's all cool. I'm more concerned about not getting ***** by your Falcon next time I play you.(goddammitiswearthematchupis50:50!)

Phil: It's just not a Norcal event without you around, man. Always a pleasure. Get that ruler out on me next time you see me.

Loosh: You let em know about that Sheik. I need you to tell me about all the stupid **** I do one of these days.

G$: Damn, East Coast has some ****ing cool *** dudes. It was good meeting you, wish we got more matches in.

Julian: We accomplished our goal.... sorta. I guess our opponents don't really count. We'll win a legit set. I'll get better and you'll get better and then **** will occur. Thanks for all the help with the hotel booking, I'll see you when I come down again.

JB: All I could think of when I watched some of your videos was, "Oh ****, I'm in JB's vids! Am I legit now?!" I really hope this isn't your last tournament, and that you'll swing by every now and then to remind Norcal who's the Don.

Darrell: ****. Teach me more kung fu. On second thought... I probably should learn the kung fu you've already taught me. Keep on ******. Let em know bout dat Samus.

Mackadotious and BlueFoxXT: ENTER THE GODDAMN EVENT. You guys **** too much. Remember Nick, just like anything else in life, if you can't win if you can't control your emotions, so just learn how to do it and **** everyone.

BobbySiege: Still lovely, still talented. What more is there to say?

Hax$: You know, I heard a lot of **** from random *** sources that you were an arrogant, annoying piece of ****. I gotta say, after meeting you, I can't agree. You're such a chill, friendly mother****er with a decent(I gotta tone it down to support my WC Falcons) Falcon.

Juangrybox: Damn, I forgot to ask you for that dinner. Either way, I really wanted you to beat Armada. Let everyone know that no one can outcamp the master, crazy counterpick or no crazy counterpick. I think you were on to something during these matches, I have a feeling next time you face that Y Link, things'll be different. You're too good of a villain to be beaten down that easily.

Scar: I definitely know how you feel about putting in work at all hours of the day. I'm surprised you have the energy to have people over after working ridiculously late and I'm always thankful for your hospitality. I don't even have to tell you to not stop ******, you'll keep going whether I ask you to or not.

PockyD: You don't play at all, stop ****** me! It's always good to see you whenever I come over. Let's get some Pho again sometime.

Bob$: When you stumbled into my room late at night, I kept thinking to myself just before then that I really just didn't want to see anyone new in my room and wanted to get to sleep asap. Then I was like, oh ****, it's Bobby, and that all went out the window. I am never disappointed to see you, I wanna play that Marth a bit more next time.

Walt: We need to play, yo. Glad you stayed with us, you're a really nice guy and it was awesome meeting you.

Alan: ****ing Alan **** damn **** mother****ing fierce. I want a clone of you up here just to keep **** classy.

Dajuan: When you handed me your shades during the crew battle, I was like, "what the **** am I, your fanboy? And I was about to toss them back into your seat, but then you actually pulled your weight and didn't disappoint people as much as you usually do, so I handed em back to you. I still don't know how the **** a player as dumb as you are got 5th, but I guess I'll watch the vids and eventually figure out that you bribed everyone along the way. We've said it before and I'll stick by it: even if you won Genesis(and we all know that **** would never happen), we'd still say you suck.
good **** tho.

Vanessa: You outplaced me AGAIN!? I can't stand for this, we gotta have some salty matches next time I'm home.

SFAT: The moment I finished my pools set with you, I knew you were going to top 10. You kids are insane, especially you.

PewPewKevin: AND YOU, you crazy *** never playing kid who comes in and ***** everything. I still stand by my conviction that you should've been on the WC crew.

L: Yeah, I saw you 3 stock to 1 stock against Dr. PP. When you're good, you're insanely good. I really wanna play all of your characters again.

Justin: I see you've all but moved on to MVC. Well, I know whatever you do, you'll **** at it. You just have a tendency to do that. Hopefully I'll see you at a local sometime in the future.

Jeff+Mitcho: Ow. How is Norcal so good when they don't play anymore? Also, Mitchell, you dance like a fiend. That **** was ridiculous.

Taj: Man... first Fly, then you, I oughta charge for this ****! Seriously though, I wondered in the morning whether I had gotten worse since the last time we played(DGDTJ pools) because I was doing worse against you than I expected... turns out, you were just crazily on point. I couldn't stop cheering for you, good **** Taj. Sucked a lotta **** this tournament.

Tai: I STILL NEED TO PLAY YOU.

Axe: You still ****, I can't wait for you to come back to Norcal and **** Dajuan like he deserves.

Bizarro Flame: What little I saw of you during this tournament was incredibly impressive.

Fly Amanita: When I saw you playing, I thought about your initial hesitation to play in crews, and laughed. I really like your style. To do better, clearly you just have to play more friendlies with me next time, right?

S2Johnny: Man, I wish more people would take my sidebets when I throw money on you. You'd make me a rich *** man. I'm always dumbfounded when you're playing and people ask who the Falcon is. I reply with Smoke2Joints, and they say, "who?" You can ****ing bet that **** isn't going to continue for much longer.

Oscar: People up here sleep on you, and I have no idea why. Sometimes, you move faster than I can think, and you think faster than you can move. Always impressive.

Hugo: I learned about 3 new things from you this time. **** just makes sense when I watch your matches.

ihavespaceballs: Thanks for all the friendlies, I think I'm going to try and incorporate a few of your safest patterns, they look really useful. I'm amazed at your creativity a lot of the time, I hope I can play you again sometime.

ThePrime: We need to play. Cross that border... don't make me come down there.

Anto_Park: I really think I caught you on a bad day. You know more theory than I do, and definitely have more tricks. We'll rematch next time we see each other.

Metà

Smash Master
Guys, I lost my genesis 2 shirt somewhere : ( I'm so sad....

The only places I could have left it were at Denny's or at the Ramada, so let me know if you saw a shirt lying around. It's a medium, with lots of signatures on it (some red, most black). I'm really heart-broken about this, cause it was my first national and that **** is priceless for memorabilia. I'm gonna call the denny's tomorrow to see if they have it. I can't believe it took me this long to check my bag to see if i had it. ****

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Shoutouts especially to

Anyone from FL
Cash Mooney
The Blitzball Crew
Room 204
-Twins
-Fuzznyess
-Dekar
-Kage
-those other two
Room 304
Armada
In-N-Out
The Hackysack Crew
EVERYONE who played Sharks and Minnows (Skyy was ****ing hilarious, get ***** by AtomSK)
Takio (kid who got robbed at gunpoint and still performed well in Brawl)
DBR
Hax$ for an Interesting teams tournament
EC for almost winning a crew battle missing some of our best players
M2K for winning like $5,000 at one tourney
Young Link
Animal Fries
Tope and Cyrain
Cyrain's Girlfriend, Danielle (she cheered me up after I lost to armada)
that guy who sold those pixel-art necklaces
Everyone + Blitzball Crew who loitered Target
D. Disciple for being funny as ****
The Japanese
Virtual Void for making it all the way from Israel
****ing Mango
Milktea and the Egyptian Rat Screw Crew
Basically everyone from Europe
Jack Daniels for letting me have my first shot
S2J for being one of the best Falcons ever
Shroomed for having a big head
Eggz for being ****ing crazy
The 4 people who cheered for me at all
Lovage for wrecking me in Singles
SFAT for almost beating me
Wobbles for taking 9 stock
DoH+ Wobbles for letting me have some of the best comebacks possibly ever
Brawlers who hate brawl
That guy who helped me get to the tournament
My parents
AZ <3

And finally, Cheese and that one guy I can;t remember his name, who chilled with me basically all day Monday at SFO airport. And then Kage randomly showed up, lol

Genesis 2, thank you for revitalizing the game I love.

Armada, I'll see you in October.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The following people deserve your utmost praise and respect:

Azn Lep for bringing a ton of equipment and being the best TO partner I could ask for.
Zoap, tarheeljks, and especially PockyD for a huge amount of assistance to the TOs, running pools, and many other things.
Kristine, VANS, Emily, Falcomist, Violence and anyone else that helped us running pools.
Nealdt for a great new version of tio (though I do have some constructive criticism!).
Oats, Zohreh, and whoever else was helping us with shuttling smashers to/from the hotel, especially after the first night.
Irish/Derek (The King's brother) and his gf Aishia for doing an amazing job with the equipment check-in/out. To my knowledge every single TV and console was accounted for except 1 GC (which we offered to replace).
The King's mom, Zohreh (Germ's gf), Sanaz (Zohreh's sis), and anyone else that was working the concession stand for us.
Phil, Brandon (HMW) and anyone else that helped with commentary.
Bionic and anyone else involved with the stream.
JB, Ajp_anton, TAI, and everyone else who brought recording equipment.
Our people who helped seed pools: HugS, Dr. PP, Sveet, Phil, Mike Haze, Esam, Sean, Bionic, Sync, Havok.
More Brawl people who helped us out since we don't know Brawl that well: Praxis, Inui, Sky...probably forgetting a couple.
All of our sound guys and fairgrounds employees who managed the sound system and setup/transformation/cleanup of the venue.

This list is by no means exhaustive, and I hope that shows you how much work goes into an event like G2. If I forgot you let me know and I'll edit you in.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who brought equipment and made the tournament possible, and thanks to everyone who came and made it the success that it was. Thank you to everyone for the kind words about the tournament, I am truly elated to know that I have helped make this a memorable event for so many people from all over.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Being the brother of Pyre, the whole getting $200 stolen from us was ****ing stupid. I don't trust anyone in smash, especially hearing about Zelgadis trying to steal 6k from genesis pot.

I dont think I will ever come to a national again, just because this **** was too stressful. every night when i went to bed, i had to find places to hide all my ****, it was stupid. i guess if i go to another one, im not sharing my room or even opening it to people for friendlies.

i knew everyone in our room personally too, i dont know who would pull of that ****, its so stupid. :(

:009:

EDIT: id also like to add on that pyre is one of the kindest people in alberta. me and him bring three setups to every monthly, and he drives people around, and is just generally a great guy. nice guys finish last i guess :/

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
The following people deserve your utmost praise and respect:

Azn Lep for bringing a ton of equipment and being the best TO partner I could ask for.
Zoap, tarheeljks, and especially PockyD for a huge amount of assistance to the TOs, running pools, and many other things.
Kristine, VANS, Emily, Falcomist, Violence and anyone else that helped us running pools.
Nealdt for a great new version of tio (though I do have some constructive criticism!).
Oats, Zohreh, and whoever else was helping us with shuttling smashers to/from the hotel, especially after the first night.
Irish/Derek (The King's brother) and his gf Aishia for doing an amazing job with the equipment check-in/out. To my knowledge every single TV and console was accounted for except 1 GC (which we offered to replace).
The King's mom, Zohreh (Germ's gf), Sanaz (Zohreh's sis), and anyone else that was working the concession stand for us.
Phil, Brandon (HMW) and anyone else that helped with commentary.
Bionic and anyone else involved with the stream.
JB, Ajp_anton, TAI, and everyone else who brought recording equipment.
Our people who helped seed pools: HugS, Dr. PP, Sveet, Phil, Mike Haze, Esam, Sean, Bionic, Sync, Havok.
More Brawl people who helped us out since we don't know Brawl that well: Praxis, Inui, Sky...probably forgetting a couple.
All of our sound guys and fairgrounds employees who managed the sound system and setup/transformation/cleanup of the venue.

This list is by no means exhaustive, and I hope that shows you how much work goes into an event like G2. If I forgot you let me know and I'll edit you in.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who brought equipment and made the tournament possible, and thanks to everyone who came and made it the success that it was. Thank you to everyone for the kind words about the tournament, I am truly elated to know that I have helped make this a memorable event for so many people from all over.
<3

:phone:

sidefx

Smash Champion
yo sorry about the results thread taking forever, weve been sorting out exactly how many new entrants we had thursday/friday to separate the money from venue fee and then figuring out exactly how much the split was and everything.

results thread should be up later tonight with all the numbers for how much each got paid.

checks/paypal payments will be in the mail soon once our bank account gets confirmed and verified on the wepay account so we can start sending out the money

The King

Smash Ace
Yeah it shouldn't be more than about a day more until the bank account is connected and international payments & whatnot can start going out; once these stupid micro-transaction confirmation deposits arrive I can finish up the verification process.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I shall await patiently in the tournament results section

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shoutouts to DBR for being around since pretty much the beginning of time and still hosting **** nationals to this day.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
You guys didn't place for the Sabergaming bonus money, just the pot winnings. We handed all the SG money out, the pot money will come by check, which is what Boback is working out right now.

EDIT: Actually I don't think you guys won anything; we decided only to pay out to 8th place. The payout structure detailed in the OP was stated as being tentative and based on the number of entrants. We were expecting close to G1 numbers when we made them.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'll do my shoutouts in the results thread. If I forget anyone I'm sorry. My brother and I make a habit out of it to meet and talk to everyone we can at these events. So if I forgot your name at some point (sorry again Kyte ;P) my apologies. Everyone at Genesis was amazing :D

Especially Room 203. You guys were especially awesome (including you Disciple)

nehinbin

Smash Apprentice
Someone fill me in about the robberies happening at G2. I know about the $200 being stolen, but Zelgadis trying to steal 6k from the pot? LOL

Limeee

Smash Champion
itakio got robbed at gun point apparently :(
i love that guy and it makes me sad

i remember some other brawl player got his **** stolen too, and sky was gonna give him money, i dont remember his name, it was the same night as my brother finding out all his money was gone

:009:

Lovage

Smash Hero
You guys didn't place for the Sabergaming bonus money, just the pot winnings. We handed all the SG money out, the pot money will come by check, which is what Boback is working out right now.

EDIT: Actually I don't think you guys won anything; we decided only to pay out to 8th place. The payout structure detailed in the OP was stated as being tentative and based on the number of entrants. We were expecting close to G1 numbers when we made them.
ya thats fine

as long as you break us off a piece for 5th place teams :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this tourney *****.... make a results thread so we can do real shoutouts please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom