• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

0Room

Smash Lord
Cruise is great for Falcon
But you should never take anyone with a spammy projectile there.
They'll just camp you out.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I didn't want to start it here because it'll just be lost amongst the thousands of pages. I wanted there to be a nice stickied thread about stages and w/e just like scar's first page in his training regimen thread (but the thread is super outdated and contains a lot of information that's useless ie. jungle japes, green greens, corneria, mute city, pokemon floats)

I nominate 0Room! He's super organized and can probably put together something very easy to read! :D

But in the mean time, I sometimes go to rainbow cruise if i know it's a bad stage for my opponent and I have no where else I want to go :(

I often find myself in situations where I don't know where to counter pick because there's something noteworthy about all the neutral + pkmn stadium that I don't want to go there for.

Ie. vs peach.
FD: bad because of chain grab
Yoshis: banned by peach player usually
Fountain: usually banned by Falcon but I'm starting to think I should ban FD over Fountain
Dreamland: i 'm starting to think of using this more as CP against peach even though it's good for peach :S people say it's not that bad for falcon vs peach.
Battlefield: probably a good neutral stage but it's usually the first one that's played after stage striking and depending on dave's stupid rule...can't go back here =(

Counter picks:

Pkmn stadium: I am really iffy about this stage as a CP most of the time except against marth or sheik.... I really hate the transformations. They all have their gayness to it and you can't see yourself at the ledge sometimes due to weird camera angles. The low ceiling doesn't help cf that much cuz he doesn't kill off top like fox does. But still , alot of falcons say this stage is great cuz it's big and w/e :S I just rarely find a use for pkmn stadium otther than vs sheik and marth, but i'd still rather cp sheik and marth to FD if given the chance.

Which boils down to the super weird non popular CPs:
brinstar, kj64, rainbow cruise

I rarely go to these because they're weird.

I sometimes choose RC cuz the blast boxes are sooo damn small and you can kill people really early sometimes with knee or w/e plus it's a pretty decent stage for falcon to maneuver around

I used to pick kj64 vs sheik cuz i saw darkrain and kage do it.

I almost never pick brinstar cuz I don't know what are the advantages of it other than vs spacies and using lava to prevent yourself from getting gimped. The stage also has a bunch of weird stuff that messes up L-canceling.

PS: sorry for the super long *** post I just vented out a bunch of thoughts that've been on my mind :S

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
CPing vs Peach:
In all honesty Dreamland is fine for Falcon if you can hit Dthrow knees, all that open area is awesome
FD is only bad if you let them grab you, it also has mad room to run
Fountain blows I hate Fountain
Yoshi's limits your running space which is pretty meh but whatever
Battlefield is the business
Pretty sure all the weird CPs benefit Falcon because they all require you to move around a lot or are hella big
Well maybe not Brinstar but that stage is just ~_~ ban it if you think they'll CP you there I guess but who wants to play on ****ty Brinstar

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah but dthrow knee won't kill her on dreamland and it leads to a very boring edge guard

unless you can gimp her, each stock will take foreverr to kill =(

This is also the case vs jiggly puff but I find jiggly puff easier to kill on dreamland than peach.

And don't get me started on samus on dreamland..........oi vey.....

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Dthrow knee does stop comboing eventually though, so it is kind of a concern on DL. I still think it's a great Falcon stage, though Stadium is probably preferable for that reason. The only reason DL is a "good peach stage" is because of survivability; in all the onstage aspects it benefits falcon a lot more. By the same token I think Yoshi's is a terrible stage for falcon in the matchup (and in general).

Still, if you hate stadium personally and are comfortable on DL, it's your best bet if you don't want to go for an abusive strategy (KJ/cruise).

Windrose

Smash Lord
What are fmsmashes??

A lot of what jeff does might seem "random" but they're actually very smart. He also likes to use upsmash sometimes to kill jigglypuff/peach based on my views of videos. People seem to not expect it and they don't di the first hit properly :S

Pokemon stadium....Don't you guys hate the transformations???? There's some random gimicks you can do once in awhile on the fire and rock transformations...but that's all . i hate the transformations so muchhhhhhh.

KJ is good against floaties? It's a pretty big stage though. I used to pick it a lot but I stopped because I wasn't comfortable with how the ledges worked in KJ. The barrel would always troll me too =(

When do you guys usually use rainbow cruise? Some of you guys mentioned it's not good against people with spammy projectiles (like fox and falco i guess?) But cruise seems to be decent vs those guys :s I would sometimes consider cruise vs spacies :S the projectile camping doesn't seem to be a huge issue vs them is it?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Brookman is just making dumb posts as usual

Cruise vs spacies is ... meh
The main advantage Falcon has on most of the cast is aerial mobility, and Fox and Falco are both basically just as good in the air as Falcon is (or at least, they accelerate fast enough to navigate between platforms without leaving themselves totally open like ... Luigi for example)

That combined with them having a projectile and it's not really the best counterpick, but whatever it's not like the other stages are that great

Brinstar and KJ are decent CPs for spacies, but you have to be pretty familiar with how to take advantage of the stage (easier gimps, random stuff with inclines, etc) if you're going to CP them

Otherwise just CP Battlefield or something haha
Or even Pokemon Stadium, the edges gimp Firefoxes almost as badly as Battlefield and you can always just camp out transformations for the most part

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I think KJ is a great CP vs floaties as well... It helps Falcon's recovery a lot vs. Peach/Marth/etc., and if you need to escape pressure by jumping away to one of the super high platforms, what're they gonna do about it?

Falcon is pretty awesome when you get to pick your battles

Walt

Smash Ace
Irish Mafia is the only Falcon I got to play. I feel like I may have played you Walt but I'm not sure.

:phone:
Did you go by Jackie? Or what do you look like? And I assume you play Falcon?

Cause the only Falcons I played I think was the one I 3-stocked in pools, Johnny, and that big guy I who was in the rotation with me and Tai.

Walt

Smash Ace
fmsmash was a typo

edit: big stages make it more annoying to get kills, but you get freedom to run around and with good di/recovery you can live for days
I'm all about the big stages except for DL against peach. Dthrow>knee not killing her makes me usually not go there. I try to get the first game on BF or FD, ban FoD, and take her to YS or pokemon.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Why do you want to go on FD?? Getting grabbed means guaranteed 70%

What happens if they take you to brinstar? isn't that like floaty heaven?

Also, do you guys ban FoD or yoshi's vs marth??

0Room

Smash Lord
I feel like it would be a good place to discuss stages and metagame
And it wouldn't be so easily lost to time

Edit;
also when I have time after this week and finish indexing everything in this thread
I'll probably make a

"The CF index thread: Everything interesting that's ever been said. Ever."

Though the title isn't entirely true
I feel like it would be a good place to put everything so that I don't have to worry about it being lost.

Windrose

Smash Lord
K I didn't mean it literally. I meant...how to make a GOOD thread. I'd probably just copy pasta scar's FAQ thread and just like...remove some rubbish...and update it...I'm not really the candidate to do this as I would have to be the one to update the first post and I don't check this thread as often as you guys.

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol make a post
That says
"Hey yo guys

Let's talk about stage picks.
Why is each stage good/bad for CF
And against each individual character?

This is my opinion:
beajipeaoivheoahfgoeia;hgn;eioahfnekal;hnfiokhdaen;oif;healkdfnasd

Discuss"

Edit:
Just do it
Stop being lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

double edit:
peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer pressureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Windrose

Smash Lord
EDIT: okay i made the thread =/ I don't think I did it well. 0Room should've made it he's really organized and has carpal tunnel. That's a +2 mace.

I'm gonna try to make it organized and sum up things nicely on teh front page so it'll be like a very well rendered version of scar's stickied thread which he never got to finished. At least for the stage guide part neways. :S

I forget where 0Room quoted that s2j post on FoD :S wish I could find it.

EDIT:

I just found this video of s2j vs ss in genesis 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbGrmOF2Ng

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Did you go by Jackie? Or what do you look like? And I assume you play Falcon?

Cause the only Falcons I played I think was the one I 3-stocked in pools, Johnny, and that big guy I who was in the rotation with me and Tai.
Hmmm I don't think I played you then. I was the red haired Asian taking photos the whole time.

:phone:

Windrose

Smash Lord
YOOOO I know you Americans down there are gonna watch the Captain Falcon movie when it comes out tomorrow.

It's gonna be so hype...

in fact, EVERY falcon main needs to watch the movie tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: okay i made the thread =/ I don't think I did it well. 0Room should've made it he's really organized and has carpal tunnel. That's a +2 mace.

I'm gonna try to make it organized and sum up things nicely on teh front page so it'll be like a very well rendered version of scar's stickied thread which he never got to finished. At least for the stage guide part neways. :S

I forget where 0Room quoted that s2j post on FoD :S wish I could find it.

EDIT:

I just found this video of s2j vs ss in genesis 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbGrmOF2Ng
this is pools

and match where he penetrates me

wtf lol, this might be a fake match but it looks like me, all his other matches are fake

the better match is in bracket recorded by dvcrecroom i think

Top Bottom