• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Brothers League (SSBL)

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I'm fine with taking the loss.
I dont know if this holds true for the rest of you, but It would help me to be able to contact people promptly when I got online. Didnt really have a good way to get a hold of sheer when i didntsee him online. I'm not on Kaillera randomly as often as I wish I could be, but I am always reachable by email via my phone, so if we discuss a timeframe for possibly playing, just contact me once you get on kaillera.

:phone:

Peek~

Smash Lord
Week 3

Lost to Surri 1-3

Recorded and Videos soon. Lots of great spots in our matches

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Sorry, I have been having issues completing tournament matches.
I resign from the rest of my matches, can't concentrate on smash 64 right now.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Sorry, I have been having issues completing tournament matches.
I resign from the rest of my matches, can't concentrate on smash 64 right now.
Okay, thanks for doing it now and not stringing us along koro. Maybe another time.

Not going to have his final 10 games be forfeit wins though, we need a substitute. Going to ask people in the order they signed up, which was for the 1st 5 in north america:

1 limacon (volunteered to drop out, what a G)
2 atomic (didn't know he was so active on galaxy, my mistake)
3 jaime (too late)
4 agent21 (too late)
5 TJ (too late)

Also, Star King wants to play now too? I think? Never actually posted here, but that was i presume because he knew it was too late unlike some others. Going to PM those 5, but not at the same time. I don't think atomic will respond to PM's, so if someone could talk to him on galaxy that would help. Another spot may open up if Supa doesn't get his ish together.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Okay, limacon wants in. He will replace koro and inherit his 0-4 record. Peek and sharksquail will have to play him this week, though it will be a softer deadline than usual due to the circumstances. Welcome to the league limacon!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So is supa still in dis or wut?
He is for now. If he throws another double forfeit this week then I'm probably gonna kick him out. In that case I would get a replacement, and probably would let the replacement play his week 3 games on an extension. If anyone sees supa, ask him what the deal is please.

Mahie, the way this works is that the league membership is set once the season starts. This season has over 4 weeks left, but its looking good so there will probably be another season. This season was strictly North American players though. May expand to overseas for the next season, but you would probably have to play your games on galaxy.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Week 3

Dexter betas clubba 3-0

ggs

couple a close ones. Damn I feel so close to being over the hump, yet so far.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I may not have the time to put the schedule up this weekend, so I'm gonna go ahead and put week 4 schedule up now.

Rep you Division Week!

There will be no division games this week. No, this week its all about showing that your division is the best. Man up and represent.

Week 4 Schedule

Set 1 (Inter-conference Play)
boom 3-0 sheer
snake 0-3 battlecow (not played)
star king 0-0 jaime (not played)
jimmy 0-0 agent (not played)
killer 1-3 peek
dexter 1-3 surri
lima 0-3 kys
shark 0-3 clubba (not played)

Set 2 (Intra-conference play)
boom 0-0 dexter (not played)
snake 0-3 killer
zant 0-3 shark (not played)
jimmy 3-1 lima
sheer 1-3 surri
bcow 1-3 peek
jaime 3-0 clubba
agent 0-0 kys (not played)

Soo many good matchups this week. Sheer get your livestream on, playin boom and the 6-0 Peek-Pulverizing Surri. Killer got some very tough but winnable matchcups this week. Should be good matches.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Surri spent the entire match of every match on the top platforms double jumping haha. Way boring. Shameless as hell.

Not johns either, you beat me. It just wasn't fun at all.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I went Yoshi one game. My franchise is called the LASERS, gotta go fox atleast 90% of the time.

Not hard to see why Surri beat Peek. Imagine poor Ness trying to chase Pikachu in the air all match lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you're Fox couldn't you just beat Pika's whatever with uair/utilt?

Pikachu ***** Ness for other reasons.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Week 4

Peek def Killer 3-1 (no videos sorry)

Lets get this **** started

>The Star King
>Battlecow

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I went Yoshi one game. My franchise is called the LASERS, gotta go fox atleast 90% of the time.

Not hard to see why Surri beat Peek. Imagine poor Ness trying to chase Pikachu in the air all match lol.
its a competitive match and anything goes, no one is gonna sit on the ground and let u laser them to death all game

SheerMadness

Smash Master
its a competitive match and anything goes, no one is gonna sit on the ground and let u laser them to death all game
He can do what he wants, and he did.

I can say what I want, and I did. Like I said he beat me fair and square. It was just mad boring. Go play a match vs a Pikachu who spends the entire game double jumping on the top 3 platforms and you'll agree. Guarantee it.

That's basically what Killer does to me with Kirby too. Spend the entire match floating way above me only to come down once every minute to attempt a dair or whatever.

No johns, it just people like that aren't fun to play with.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So I checked the backroom ruleset which we are going by because I know it said something about time limits, but it was only a suggested 8/10 minute suggested time limit. But it does say: "Extreme stalling is disallowed. Enforcing is incredibly difficult. If it is reported, a server match with impartial observer is recommended to decide penalties fairly. Penalties are the same as Console penalties." So, if you feel like stalling and want to enforce that rule, you have every right to get a third party to watch the game and make a fair decision, just fyi.

Due to recent videos I've been compelled to watch of a certain console tournament, I feel like a time limit would be a good idea for the next season. We'll see.

Only 4 games left in week 3, 2 of them are Supa though, and he seems to be afk forever. He'll be replaced on monday if he doesnt play, most likely by atomic who said he will probably want in (after atomic, jaime would be up, o ****). In that case atomic would be given an extension to get his games done. Boom/snake and lima/shark still need to play this weekend though.

My division is DA BESS! just saying.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So I checked the backroom ruleset which we are going by because I know it said something about time limits, but it was only a suggested 8/10 minute suggested time limit. But it does say: "Extreme stalling is disallowed. Enforcing is incredibly difficult. If it is reported, a server match with impartial observer is recommended to decide penalties fairly. Penalties are the same as Console penalties." So, if you feel like stalling and want to enforce that rule, you have every right to get a third party to watch the game and make a fair decision, just fyi.

Due to recent videos I've been compelled to watch of a certain console tournament, I feel like a time limit would be a good idea for the next season. We'll see.
It wasn't that bad jeez...you could say the same thing for him really..just shooting lasers and not really approaching very often.

Winning is becoming an issue in ssb now too...this is ridiculous.

Top Bottom