• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
His Arthur going to have any good combos?

As for Phoenix Wright I can't help but notice what his moveset will be like, I hope it rocks though since I'm hoping to main him with Sentinel + Virgil

I hope he doesn't turn out gimmicky though.

:phone:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, are the characters in MVC3 going to stay the same, or is everything being changed?

My friend from TX is in AL now, so we might be getting into this XD. (MVC3)

Edit: Nvm.

I wanna know if the trophies will stack or what?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So guys, bringing up the game that's out now (As I can finally seriously play it with a friend =/)

How would

Spiderman/Shuma Gorath (Mystic Ray)/Zero(idk) work?

I read everywhere Spiderman is really hard to use, but he is my favorite character ever :/ I know he needs otg(Shuma), and I've read Zero benefits from that as well. Problem is, I know it's good to have a battery then a meter user. Well Zero is a battery(I think?), but do any of these characters use a lot of meter?

I know Wesker has good otg as well, I was just hoping to use the Alien :3

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't really know anything about those characters :(

Only thing I know is Zero CAN use a lot of meter.

My friend is getting so hype for Strider/Vergil.

I had to remind him that he doesn't play anymore because I **** him so badly.

He thinks Strider/Dante/Vergil are gonna be unstoppable.....which they probably will.

But Firebrand/Sentinel/Nemesis hopefully will have something to say about that.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
The accents in that vid are pissing me off.

edit: I like your Spider Man. Reminds me of Marvel 2 since you almost never use x factor with him and he doesn't have 100% combos.

You still gonna rock SM/Dorm/Wesker?
lol but I actually do have a lot of 100% combos with him. Just by the end of the night we were all hot, sweaty and dropping all our combos left and right.

I personally think spidey is trash with X-factor. So I generally prefer to give it to Dorm or Wesker.

When UMvC3 comes out I'll have to see what changes were made. Chances are I'm probably going to change my team a little though but I'd like to keep Spidey in it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So hyped for Phoenix Wright in this game

I take it there are no objections to this
I see wat you did there.

Jusr curious, has anyone mentioned what's happening with the DLC characters? Are they in from the go for Ultimate, or are they going to be DLC in this too?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So guys, bringing up the game that's out now (As I can finally seriously play it with a friend =/)

How would

Spiderman/Shuma Gorath (Mystic Ray)/Zero(idk) work?

I read everywhere Spiderman is really hard to use, but he is my favorite character ever :/ I know he needs otg(Shuma), and I've read Zero benefits from that as well. Problem is, I know it's good to have a battery then a meter user. Well Zero is a battery(I think?), but do any of these characters use a lot of meter?

I know Wesker has good otg as well, I was just hoping to use the Alien :3
Zero's not really a good battery, especially when you have like, Magneto out there building 3 bars in one combo and doing 600k without using meter. Compared to Zero who you can get like 2 bars out of and 400k if you dont use meter. I've always thought of him as a pretty good anchor though. X-Factor 3 Sougenmu Zero is like, the silliest thing ever. Still, there's better choices.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol but I actually do have a lot of 100% combos with him. Just by the end of the night we were all hot, sweaty and dropping all our combos left and right.

I personally think spidey is trash with X-factor. So I generally prefer to give it to Dorm or Wesker.

When UMvC3 comes out I'll have to see what changes were made. Chances are I'm probably going to change my team a little though but I'd like to keep Spidey in it.
I'd rather the 100% go...

I hate those. D:< I could understand if they were hard (well Spideys aren't easy) but damn.

Yeah, keep Spidey though. He's mad good.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I don't really know anything about those characters :(

Only thing I know is Zero CAN use a lot of meter.

My friend is getting so hype for Strider/Vergil.

I had to remind him that he doesn't play anymore because I **** him so badly.

He thinks Strider/Dante/Vergil are gonna be unstoppable.....which they probably will.

But Firebrand/Sentinel/Nemesis hopefully will have something to say about that.
People already taking my team that I called when i first heard about UMVC3

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Spencer/Rocket Raccoon/Nova

Alternatively

Spiderman/Ghost rider/Hawkeye

I'm actually considering playing two teams for this, something I didn't do for MvC3. Maybe because of all the characters, but I definitely will be playing 2 or more teams in this. Unrelated note, thank god the HUD isn't final too.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
No ****, everyone has 100%s with level 3 x factor.

And how does 0-death make sense? I cringe everytime I see that.
I'm referring to the "Spidey is trash w/ X-factor" comment.

0-death is implying that the combo does enough damage to kill (X) character if said character had full health. Pretty simple.

I'll carry over my Spiderman/Ammy/Wesker team. My theory is Ammy will stay good since she can still use Solar Flare, Glaive, and Devout Beads in the same match.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I

know.

It doesn't make sense for FGs though.

Like, I'm actually helping you, because if you went to SRK sayin **** like, zero death, lag, and camping you're going to get flamed wayyyyy more than what I do.

Just say 100% >_>

And I read your post before you edited.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Or "touch of death." I still say "zero-to-death" out of habit, even though I haven't touched the Super Smash Bros. series competitively in... what... two years?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't know, I didn't see any notes on her. I know Crimson Viper, Spencer, and Storm have gotten new moves.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I forgot to ask this earlier, what did they do to my ojou-sama Tron Bonne? Any word on changes to She-Hulk and Ammy?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
With how the DHC Trick being removed along with other stuff, I don't have to use my Dante/Zero/Akuma team anymore. Kinda relieved since I hated using them on one team despite how effective they were.

I'll probably stick with my old team of Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sent out of loyalty while making 2 new ones.
€AP€OM never accepts the right feedback. I'd listen to players like Justin and Mike Ross, not 9th lord noobs whoring Hulk's super armor.
Wesker deserved the health nerf though. He didn't deserve high health considering his mobility, mixups, and damage output.

Top Bottom