• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Genesis 2 Results thread

Zoap

Smash Master
9: Atomsk ($25): He used Metaknight and D3 in Pools for sure
17: Inui: Metaknight

Laem

Smash Champion
ADHD > Ally in winner semi's
superboomfan > isai :O
and m2k one rich *******

now how about dem vids :awesome:

Adrostos

Smash Rookie
Assistance, please...

BRAWL SINGLES (48 Players)

1: M2K :metaknight: :falco: ($3,148.75)
2: Ally :metaknight: :falco: :wario: :snake: ($1,574.38)
3: ADHD :diddy: ($846.88)
4: Gnes :diddy: :metaknight: ($482.00)
5: Tyrant :metaknight: ($288.75)
6: Zex :metaknight: :marth: ($193.25)
7: Tearbear :metaknight: ($144.38)
8: Rich Brown :olimar: ($96.63)
9: UltimateRazer :snake: ($25)
9: ESAM :pika: ($25)
9: Larry Lurr :falco: ($25)
9: Atomsk ($25)

13: Krystedez :wario:
13: SK92 :falco:
13: Trela :lucario:
13: HAVOK :metaknight:
17: FOW :ness2:
17: Rain :metaknight: :falco:
17: Earth :pit: :sheik:
17: Inui
17: Logic :olimar:
17: Trevonte :fox:
17: Seibrik :metaknight:
17: HRnut
25: Shaky :ness2:
25: GimR :falco: :gw:
25: KiraFlax
25: MVD :snake:
25: Anuar :olimar:
25: Denti :olimar:
25: MikeHaze :marth:
25: Choice :falco: :wolf:
33: Adroscos
33: NickRiddle
33: FishBait73
33: JeepySol
33: Sky
33: The Nanerz
33: Filip
33: Poltergust :yoshi2:
33: Zekey
33: falln
33: Biglou
33: X :sonic:
33: weruop
33: Supersmashtwins
33: Nerd
33: kismet2 :metaknight:

Why is my name Adroscos? :( everyone always calls me Andro and stuff D:

anyways.
Nerd: falco mk
weruop: olimar
biglou: luigi
falln: kirby
filip: Falco
the Nanerz: Diddy kong
sky: Wario
Fishbait: mk
nickriddle: ZSS
Adrostos: mk
Hrnut: Snake
Kiraflax: Rob
Inui: Mk
Supersmashtwins (T0mmy): Rob
only one idk was jeepysol!

Djent

Smash Champion
Results were...odd. In Melee, Lucky beats M2K in pools then places 25th, Fly 2-0s PP then finishes 13th. Meanwhile in Brawl, Rain and Earth get 17th, and Nick Riddle finishes 33rd. **** is getting weird, folks.

17. Inui
17. Logic
...Yep, still cracks me up every time. :awesome:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The best tournament I've been to, easily.

I'll get around to shoutouts this weekend.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Who are Adroscos and Supersmashtwins?

I dont think ive ever heard of them, but they were good enough to get into g2 brackets for brawl, so I feel i should know them

Edit never mind, just read this page lol

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I have few shoutouts.

DBR, and everyone who made this tournament possible: Thank you so much. I am forever grateful.
Zohreh: Thanks so much for the shuttle rides!
Neil: I could never thank you enough for getting me to Genesis. It was a truly selfless act. Thank you.
Elvis: Your kindness is infinite, and I appreciate it so much. It was nice seeing you here.
All ganon mains: Good ****. Keep it up and don't give up.
Jason: It was nice to play with you. I wish we could have played more. :/ Good job making bracket. Come to the East Coast sometime! :bee:
Qlex: Ravi de vous voir!
Old man grey: Thanks for helping my car-mates get a place to stay.

And that's about it.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
shoutouts

tourney folk

pat: you are a to beast, was a pleasure helping out
sheridan: also a phenomenal to. thanks for the rides as well
pocky: always a pleasure chilling with you at tournaments
zoap: brawl pools are good times lol. come to more of the itt's!
kristine, vanessa, justin, etc: thanks for helping run the pools. tournament never would have finished w/o designated pool captains
nealdt: new tio was pretty slick. definitely allowed brackets/pools to be run more efficiently
oats/zoreh/shuttle staff-- didn't really get to talk to you guys with the exception of zoreh for a bit, but a big thanks for transporting people to an fro
concession stafff-- thanks for keeping us well fed

jb: thanks for letting me commentate a bit on your setup. good **** on the candid vids. i think the smashers who couldn't attend will really appreciate them, because so much of the experience is the people, which the stream/recorded matches can't capture

ajpanton/tai/stab/other recorders-- thanks for making sure the matches can be viewed by anyone later. those who could not attend will certainly be appreciative, and even those in attendance will be happy because with so many good players it was impossible to see all of the big names playing. special shout out to ajp anton, who damn near brought a recording laboratory. quite impressive

sound guy/ fairground staff-- never got your name, but many thanks for keeping the pa system/music/projector operational. all of it was crucial for running the tournament and for maximizing hype

boback/german/theking et al-- thanks so much putting in the work to make sure that this tournament was special. this particular shoutout is way too short. i was not involved in the community for the first edition, so no shoutout can express grateful i am to you guys for deciding to run a second edition of this. kudos

norcal---
eric: we got this
brandon: swag
phil: the homie, glad we got to chill. hope you can make it to more sj tournies
alex: you prob won't even read this lol, but thanks for the ride up to antioch. glad you decided to come, now get your *** out to more locals
walt: had only hung out w/you in spurts at tournies; was good to do so for an extended period. will absolutely take you up on the drinks
zac: good **** taking ninth, esp while doing so with a tough path. should have found me before moneymatching kage-- i'd have backed the truck up on you
alan: stank *** *****. <3
dajuan: mad impressed. keep it up, you and zac are our beacons now. though idk how anyone will be able to see your black ***. also looool at the sunglasses, hungover or not, it was not that bright in the venue
scar: unlucky pool draw. keep the fire, you're still really ****ing good at this game. i also need you to teach me how to play falcon :p
kevin: good **** making bracket out of that death pool in round 3. sexy marth
alvin: that fox is scary sometimes. looking for you to blow up soon
nick: enter the tournament bro wtf. good playing with you
brian: see above
$heen: thanks so much for the ride home
bob$: watching you play brandon was amazing, and watching you play/playing with you is always instructive. also good **** on the girl
bobbysiege: always a pleasure. we talk a fair amount, we need to play lol
jeffspectre: your talent is otherwordly. hope you and mitchell keep coming to the sj tournies
tang: slick fox has slicker dance moves. go figure
norcal at large: there are tons of you that i saw and didn't mention above-- andy, chris, samsonites, gishnak, clayton, hydrokirby, jin, moon, 925. list goes on. thanks for coming out and showing how much depth this region has

other people--

g$-- lol bro. wtf is up w/you and hamburgers. swag
hax-- oddly enough i think i talked to you the most at the train station when i randomly saw you brandon, and g$ in san jose. your falcon *****; that **** in crews was scary
macd-- nice meeting you. have always heard alan talk about you. you are peas in a pod
connor-- good to associate a face w/the name
s2j-- your falcon is far more beastly than you will admit. didn't get a chance to get the falcon dittos, but hopefully sometime soon. i saw that falco btw.
swordsaint-- nice commentating with you
fly amanita-- i got a good chuckle from your shirt. way to carry in crews
wobbles-- way to give us a headstart in crews. let the haters hate
peepee-- nice meeting you, sucks that you were illin. will definitely hit you up whenever i am back in nc. your falcon is awesome
armada-- a pleasure to meet such a great player
mango-- only talked to you about tourney ****, but shoutouts for that fox. god damn. good **** sealing the deal in crews
axe-- pika pika. wish you had come to our room the night before, but we were getting ready to bounce :(
taj-- again didn't really talk to you, but just wanted to say good **** and congrats
mew2king-- congrats on the payday. lol at jumping off the bleachers.
fuzzyness-- won't even lie, you were grinding on a lot of people at first lol, but i took a liking to you towards the end. good luck in europe. you were talking that good **** to zgetto, better not lose lol
kline-- lol man, you are too funny. i could not fall asleep b/c of all the jokes, but they were hilarious so i didn't even care
the prime-- was good to kick it with you
elliot/yammer-- good **** making it down from idaho again. hope you guys will come to another norcal tourney sometime
vectorman-- yoshi was eggceptional (for you tafokints), just mad unlucky coming into our room, which had brandon lol.
smasher who got robbed-- my condolences. send me a pm
eric's friends-- only remember a couple of your names (stephen and gibby), but it was nice meeting/rooming with you guys
strongbad-- nice meeting you. good **** on the stream. lol at telling brandon to tech with his phone

extra shoutout to peepee/hbox/hax for playing rock paper scissors for teams placement lol. peepee was getting off while i watched

again to DBR-- you guys are amazing. the tournament was incredible, and exceeded my lofty expectations

it's a lock that i forgot someone who made this experience memorable, and i apologize in advance. shoot me a message and i'll gladly include you

oh, and people who brought setups. tournaments can happen without tvs, cubes, and wiis. you all are awesome

also, weruop/havok. enjoyed your brawl matches in round 1 pools

The Game II

Smash Champion
Big ****ing shoutouts to everyone I caught up with at the tournament. Awesome experience, even though I couldn't be there the full 3 days. Much love to DBR, Sherdizzle, Pat, SS, Brendan, MikeHAZE, Havok, Armada, Mango, Taj, etc. etc. etc.

Re-posting this in case people missed it.

Lots of pictures:
http://www.gytnews.com/articles/multimedia/pictures-from-genesis-2.html
Melee crew final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX8XzUgkv2Y
Brawl crew final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4HosTEfp4A

--GCII

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
First thing I'd like to state is how amazing Pat is. From what I heard, he drove about 9 hours by himself, brought a bunch of equipment, and helped run the tournament. That's very commendable.

So Cal:

Stab: I messed up in teams pools and had to leave early, but I hope everything else was enjoyable for you in teams. Next big tournament we could get pretty far. And of course, the necessary thanks for recording for all this time.

Anto: This might not have been your greatest performance, but don't let it get you down. All it takes is one good experience to remind you why you play this game. May you find what gives you the most fun. And thanks for the cheering I guess.

Baka: Once you get more experience performing in a tournament setting, you'll beast. Also, nice job in teams after a less than ideal start.

Wes: You and Baka made it far. Thanks for driving me up to norcal and tolerating my quietness. I have no intention of talking more though. :)

Wes's Brother: I doubt you look at smashboards, but thanks for driving us up to nor cal and getting the hotel room. It was nice meeting you.

Spark: I followed you around almost everywhere, and it was great spending time with you. You have a lot of potential, just remember to concentrate deeply on what is happening on the screen.

Bizzaro Flame: I'm guessing that you still count as so cal (kinda). Not enough people know how good you are. Definitely the next Ganondorf that everyone will be talking about.

Shoutouts to the rest of so cal for either being really good and/or being awesome to hang out with.

Everywhere else:

Hax: Amazing job in crews. The pivot kness against axe were brilliant, and your game against Lucien was absolutely brutal. For a brief moment in the Lucien game, I forgot that I was supposed to be hoping for west coast to win.

Hbox: Also awesome job in crews. In our teams match you seemed nearly untouchable.

Kage: It was fun watching you destroy your first round of pools.

Tai: Your Marth is quite impressive. You can definitely become a national threat.

Vish: Thanks for playing friendlies with me. You're definitely combo video material.

Falcomist: Those Marth dittos were really fun and challenging.

Dart: Great job making it into bracket. I must confess that I didn't know you were this good until this tournament.

The Twins: You guys are so likeable :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
3: Taj - You vs Mango's Falco was so beautiful. I wrecked my throat yelling as loud as I did!
4: hungrybox - You're funny. I should have approached you to talk/play more.
5: M2K - You're also funny. This is the second event where you were in such close proximity, yet I never bothered to ask to play. I was the Falco on the other team that got ***** a lot in the AZ room. :p
6: Shroomed - Sorry I declined your money match. I'll be sure to seek you out next event. Doc is probably my worst match up, so I could really use the experience.
8: S2J - I wanted to play you. :(
9: SFAT - I wanted to play you when I was more in my element. Maybe next major. :)
9: MacD - I'll get you soon!
9: Hax - I wanted to play you :(
9: Wobbles - You are an amazing person and my favorite smasher. Too bad we didn't get to play.
13: silentspectre - I had fun vs you in Pools. Your play style reminds me a lot of GG7's, except you can actually edge guard. :p
13: Fly Amanita - I had a lot of fun getting wrecked by you. Even know I know the Ice Climbers match up very well, playing you really put into perspective that match up knowledge isn't everything.
17: Leffen - I wanted to get more games in against you. :(
25: Bizzaro Flame - Talking to you was awesome. Next major, lets get some games in.
25: Dart - We didn't get to play. :(
25: DoH - I wanted to money match you. :(
25: PewPewU - Gah, so close to winning the set vs you. I'm glad I took you to Pokemon Stadium. I had been iffy about that stage, and you really showed me that Marth holds good control over the stage over Falco. I may have lost the set, but that was one of the few instances where I learned something, so thanks! :)
25: HugS - I really wanted to get in a good few money matches against you when I was more in my element. I was really out of it the first two days. Playing you was fun. **** the haters who say you're boring.

Misc shoutouts:

Baka4Moe: I had a lot of fun playing you, even though I choked all dai. You're hella nice, too. Let's play more next time I make it out there!
Sung: You're hella funny. Hella solid, too. Keep at it.
Stab and West: I am very upset we didn't get to play. Next time, for sure!
Samsonites: I felt bad when we were playing. You seemed very visibly distraught with the way you were playing. I hope we get in a set when you're at your best.
HugQ: Thanks for the money matches. They will help me out in the long run, and it really helped me with tournament nerves, and got me in the money match mood. :)
Irish Mafia: Thanks for the games. Stop being so egotistical on the boards, though. ;)
Sacramento Crew: thanks for the crew battle! You guys were hella chill.
Tim: You're a *****, but I love you. I'll beat you next time! No more chokesies!

AZ: I'm so glad so many of you came out, and I had a wonderful time rooming, and just hanging out. Special thanks to Elvis for buying me dinner, and Jackie for driving me to the airport. Words can't express just what kind of people you are. One of a kind.

To anyone I forgot: I'm sorry. Just bug me, and I'll give you a nice shout out when I can.

To everyone: I'm taking steps to improve myself, as a player, and as a person. This tournament, again, has shown me that A. I'm better than I thought I was, despite the inconsistency, but also still have a LONG way to go and B. That people really sleep on me.

Project Melee crew: I had a lot of fun, and the game is amazing. I wish you all the luck in the world, even though I'm def. salty my application was revoked.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
1: M2K ($2,148.75) + ($1,000)nice pay day , gj in crews
2: Ally ($1,074.38)) + ($500)lol yoooo piece of ******* lol too funny gj in cews as well
3: ADHD ($596.88) + ($250)nice matches vs ^ you created like 4 new combos
5: Tyrant ($238.75) + ($50)was a blast chilling with you week 2 , got to come to ny some time
6: zex ($143.25) + ($50)this guy is hilarious , I still never got to hear you say duh
7: Tearbear ($119.38) + ($25)good to hear you talk for once
8: Rich Brown ($71.63) + ($25)damn you almost had gness
9: UltimateRazer ($$25)impressive carry in teams
9: ESAM ($$25)gj and fun times ... this guy owning those mms
9: Larry Lurr ($$25)this guy owned hawaii
9: Atomsk ($$25)hope your leg gets better gj in crews
13: Krystedez hope the practice helps you and gives you a differnt view on things
13: SK92 this guy is still the most awesome falco to watch
13: Trela my favorite texas player dw youll do better next time
17: FOW fun friendlies
17: Rain thanks for all the warmups week 1
17: Earth this guys pit is really scary
17: Inui impressive win now you have a reason to be ranked
17: Logic im sorry i mad you practice and get hyped for nothing
17: Trevonte lol im going to shine spike you again if i go back there ever
17: Seibrik shake off the rust
17: HRnut impressive win over razer
25: Shaky fun talking to you , I learned you are quite intelligent
25: GimR fail mafia lol it is always fun to chill though
25: KiraFlax well get friendlies in at apex
25: MVD come to ktar !!
25: MikeHaze thanks for housing me week 2 it was fun chilling with you and tyrant ,would like to do it agian some time
25: Choice thanks for housing me week 1 fun dittos , we got to get that combo video one day lol
33: NickRiddle dont quit our tech skill is too good , just pick up a secondary , also fun times @ mikes
33: FishBait73 never got to meet you but my theory of your godly punishing strings seems to be true
33: Sky thanks for driving me around and spreading the word
33: Filip fun friendlies work on your platform game a bit
33: Poltergust gj in doubles , remember what i said dont aways retreat when you have openings
33: falln this kirby is impressive
33: Biglou lolololol this banker keeps taking my moneyyyyy
33: X really fun meeting yo , you were hilarious and fun to be around
33: kismet2 fun meeting/ chilling with you @the hotel
kirin idk why but our first time teamwork synergy was amazing
zombie i hope the tips i gave you help and i hope your brother listened long enough to even learn his
debbie nice meeting you
germ and family thank you for tmaking this one of the best run events i ever been to
shoutout to everone in the egyptian circle games were epic
shoutouts to anti for coming and not entering just to make the same as some of the top 10 in mms
shoutouts to everyone in mafia who knows cheese is *** in mafia
shoutouts to everyone who had fun outside during stream setup
shoutouts to having a blast and meeting all kinds of people , if I missed anyone my bad but thank you west coast for probable my favorite event/vacation this year

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Gnes you used MK vs me!

For the Record, I won with all DDD and won 1 game with MK. LOL!
I lost with G&W twice, Wario once, and MK twice.

In doubles I used Mainly G&W/DDD

As well as DK and MK.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Irish Mafia: Thanks for the games. Stop being so egotistical on the boards, though. ;)

+

To everyone: I'm taking steps to improve myself, as a player, and as a person. This tournament, again, has shown me that A. I'm better than I thought I was, despite the inconsistency, but also still have a LONG way to go and B. That people really sleep on me.
:mistyface:

Top Bottom