• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Hi guys.

Just wondering, it is possible to include japanese language in PAL version ?
As of yet, not really. You could replace all of the NTSC characters with PAL characters, though, but you'd really just be playing NTSC with PAL characters, not PAL with Japanese text.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
sorta, you can just copy the hex values in the .dat all you need is the right placements

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's what i'm doing right now (changin a gray falcon into a red falcon), I'm copying the hex values at the right offset, but I was wondering if there were a faster way.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sry, legit double post.

Is it a way to obtain .tpl files out of a .dat character files ?
'fraid not. There aren't any easy extraction tools, if that's what you mean. I remember someone saying they were working on something like that, but I guess that disappeared with them. :urg:

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
I've been doin CSP stuff and was wondering how someone included the translucent shadow behind the character. every time i have any transparency its gets removed after I index it. is there a setting on Gimp or Photoshop or would i have to go in and manually change hex values in the tpl? any help is appreciated

Unlucky XIII

Smash Cadet
I've been doin CSP stuff and was wondering how someone included the translucent shadow behind the character. every time i have any transparency its gets removed after I index it. is there a setting on Gimp or Photoshop or would i have to go in and manually change hex values in the tpl? any help is appreciated
I've been doing that by making the part I wanted as the shadow another colour (typically cyan) and then hex-replacing that colour (if you used cyan it'll be hex 83 FF) to hex 30 00 in the TPL file, similar to how Steelia's guide for CI4/CI8 textures does plain transparency by replacing the magenta colour with hex 00 00.

Hex 30 00 is the closest I've gotten to the default shadow, but any 16 bit colour where the 4 (I think) most significant bits are less than binary 1000 should be translucent. With a bit of fiddling around, it wouldn't be too hard to add some anti-aliasing to the shadow using decrementing translucent blacks towards its outer edges.

Hope that helped. =)

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
I've been doing that by making the part I wanted as the shadow another colour (typically cyan) and then hex-replacing that colour (if you used cyan it'll be hex 83 FF) to hex 30 00 in the TPL file, similar to how Steelia's guide for CI4/CI8 textures does plain transparency by replacing the magenta colour with hex 00 00.

Hex 30 00 is the closest I've gotten to the default shadow, but any 16 bit colour where the 4 (I think) most significant bits are less than binary 1000 should be translucent. With a bit of fiddling around, it wouldn't be too hard to add some anti-aliasing to the shadow using decrementing translucent blacks towards its outer edges.

Hope that helped. =)
this helped a lot, i thought you had to done something like this. thanks a bunch i have so many shadows to add now : S

getting that anti-aliasing effect would be really great ill give it a shot

crush

Smash Master
cant wait until trollface randall the cloud. my friend made a trollface cloud for project m alongside a neon nighttime yoshis story for project m and its really cool

crush

Smash Master
sorry for the double post...
but

does anyone know what the hps file name for hyrule temple is?
(i know i should be posting this in audio hacks but those threads are completely dead and nobody responds to anything)

voorhese

Smash Master
i am planning on getting into this whole hacking thing as a joke thing to do with my crew we are planning on making the game more entertaining. by doing something like this for one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxN8sCIOOE and just a couple funny ideas my friends had like doing that player portrait thing, except make it by costume color display instead of the characters, so as a group of friends you can say like i play purple fox, and another friend plays orange or normal, instead of making it fox = me

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@jason
I'm afraid what you're trying to accomplish is not possible atm :)
you'd have to edit the scripts and the logic in order to support it...

we havn't gotten to script editing yet...
and we can barely even do any logic editing...

so yea...
sry man, but you gonna have to wait :p

nube

Smash Apprentice
Moving stuff here for reference.

Magus on Special Floats (Melee and Bralw)
which includes a gem of a website which I overlooked:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Article_Floating_Points

and
Red Sword Aura Marth (by me)

ps. Magus/standard/SB/anyone else experienced in Brawl hacking, if you wouldn't mind elaborating, for the sake of public knowledge, on floating points/special floats/article editing and so forth, please do. I would, but I don't know as much and wouldn't be able to articulate it as well.

NU13E

Smash Rookie
dood gimme some credit i totally helped you out with that red sword thang
dw il let it slide but nex time cut me a lil recognition ya feel?
and btw i was doin tha packet heks changin all them codes
gert myself de brownie points
/too13374u2comprehend

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Got a question i got two different ISO for hacked smash, they both have different laser colours.

When i use GC tool what is the file name for fox and falcos lasers. Because i wanna use the file from one iso and put it to the other.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
ps. Magus/standard/SB/anyone else experienced in Brawl hacking, if you wouldn't mind elaborating, for the sake of public knowledge, on floating points/special floats/article editing and so forth, please do. I would, but I don't know as much and wouldn't be able to articulate it as well.
Floating points in brawl character files generally control the way an article or move works. For example, in FitKoopa.pac, at 0x1AE64 is -9.0, which is the speed he falls at during his downB. In brawl, floats are usually found near the subaction of interest. However, in melee, it seems that the floats are all in one large block.

Milun

Smash Ace
how to change the brightness of peach castle??
What do you mean? As in the lighting? Because you can change the way the light effects players here:

0004B579 - Player Shine

0004B59D - Player Light

Basically, there'll be a bunch of RRGGBB hex there, followed by FF.

i.e. AF 45 A2 FF

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
What do you mean? As in the lighting? Because you can change the way the light effects players here:

0004B579 - Player Shine

0004B59D - Player Light

i.e. AF 45 A2 FF
that would be the RGBA8 color format ;)

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
I hate having to ask questions, the documentation here on everything is excellent, but I really am having an issue.

Is there a list anywhere on smash boards (or anywhere) with the filenames of the stages?

I've downloaded the Yoshi Story neon nighttime stage and have spent the last 45 minutes on google, smash boards search.. everything I can possibly do to figure out what file to replace via GC Tools so I can use it.

Milun

Smash Ace
Courtesy of Steelia:

GrBB = Big Blue

GrCn = Corneria

GrCs = Princess Peach's Castle

GrEF1 = Figure?1
GrEF2 = Figure?2
GrEF3 = Figure?3

GrFs = Fourside

GrFz = Flat Zone

GrGb = Great Bay (Termina)

GrGd = Garden (Kongo Jungle)

GrGr = Green Greens

GrHe = Heal (All-Star)

GrHr = Homerun Contest

GrI1 = Mushroom Kingdom

GrI2 = Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon)

GrIm = Icicle Mountain

GrIz = Izumi (Fountain of Dreams)

GrKg = Jungle Japes

GrKr = Kraid (Brinstar Depths)

GrMc = Mute City

GrNBa = Battlefield
GrNBr = F-Zero adventure mode stage
GrNFg = Figure Get (Falling trophy stage)
GrNKr = Mushroom Kingdom adventure mode stage
GrNLa = Final Destination
GrNPo = Pushon?
GrNSr = Hyrule Castle chasm (adv. mode stage)
GrNZr = Zebes (Brinstar); "DANGER"?

GrOk = Kongo Jungle (N64)

GrOp = Dream Land (N64)

GrOt = Onett

GrOy = Yoshi's Story (N64)

GrPs = Pokemon Stadium
GrPs1 = Pokemon Stadium {Fire}?
GrPs2 = Pokemon Stadium {Grass}?
GrPs3 = Pokemon Stadium {Water}?
GrPs4 = Pokemon Stadium {Rock}?

GrPu = Pura (Poke Floats)

GrRc = Rainbow Cruise

GrSh = Hyrule Temple

GrSt = Yoshi's Story

GrTCa = Captain Falcon Target Test (TT)
GrTCl = Young Link TT
GrTDk = Donkey Kong TT
GrTDr = Dr. Mario TT

GrTe = "TEST"

GrTFc = Falco TT
GrTFe = Roy TT
GrTFx = Fox TT
GrTGn = Ganondorf TT
GrTGw = Mr. Game & Watch TT
GrTIc = Ice Climbers TT
GrTKb = Kirby TT
GrTKp = Bowser TT
GrTLg = Luigi TT
GrTLk = Link TT
GrTMr = Mario TT
GrTMs = Marth TT
GrTMt = MewtWo TT
GrTNs = Ness TT
GrTPc = Pichu TT
GrTPe = Peach TT
GrTPk = Pikachu TT
GrTPr = Jigglypuff TT
GrTSk = Sheik TT (scrapped)
GrTSs = Samus TT
GrTYs = Yoshi TT
GrTZd = Zelda TT

GrVe = Venom

GrYt = Yoshi's Island

GrZe = Brinstar (Planet Zebes)

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Thanks Zyx.
Got another question. This time about audio hackin. I was tryin to follow the audio guides but i ran into a problem. I was using the 'cmd' and when i do the hps_insert part it works fine, it starts to make the file but the file size is never the same when its finished. The 'temp.hps' is only 4,246 kb and the orignal is 30,194 kb.

Also when its finished its only 67 blocks, 118.779 seconds

any ideas?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thanks Zyx.
Got another question. This time about audio hackin. I was tryin to follow the audio guides but i ran into a problem. I was using the 'cmd' and when i do the hps_insert part it works fine, it starts to make the file but the file size is never the same when its finished. The 'temp.hps' is only 4,246 kb and the orignal is 30,194 kb.

Also when its finished its only 67 blocks, 118.779 seconds

any ideas?
That's strange . . .

What program did you use to create the WAV files? And when you created your audio files, you made a Left channel and a Right channel @ 32000 sampling rate?

Just in case, how did you enter the command in the cmd window? Ex:

hps_insert Original.hps Leftchannel.wav Rightchannel.wav

It's usually the sampling rate that throws people off, but it could be any number of things.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman

0004B579 - Player Shine

0004B59D - Player Light

i.e. AF 45 A2 FF
i meaning to light of the stage, for make at night

Mad J

Smash Cadet
That's strange . . .

What program did you use to create the WAV files? And when you created your audio files, you made a Left channel and a Right channel @ 32000 sampling rate?

Just in case, how did you enter the command in the cmd window? Ex:

hps_insert Original.hps Leftchannel.wav Rightchannel.wav

It's usually the sampling rate that throws people off, but it could be any number of things.
I was following both sleepyK youtube guide and also 'Gsub's simple step-by-step music hackin guide' too.

I downloaded the pack from Gsub's guide and used the music program called wavosaur. I changed the sample rate of my audio track to 32000 and changed the bit rate to 16. Made two different audio channels both mono.

Ya when i put it into the cmd i made sure that the cmd was in the right folder with all my audio tracks and i used that line in the cmd. "hps_insert Original.hps songnameL.wav songnameR.wav".

The orginal.hps is the file i extract from the iso right?

Also when i was finished with the right and left audio clips, i went to the properties and looked at the details. Under bit rate it says its only 512 kps. Is that right?

Anruu

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me....I made a texture battlefield, just need to know how to put all these .tga files back together but the problem is the TexConv.bat doesnt want to convert the textures to a .tpl. I got all the textures in the same folder as the batch file but still. Anyone mind helping.

John123456

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if you could tell me how to convert pcs files to dat files I feel this would be useful to put brawl characters into melee and previous hacks into melee as well. Please awnser me at Johnemory74@yahoo.com

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
ear texture of marth(MsNr) is indexed with 32 lines?

This is him offsets?
33 - 000442c0 *
Palette ~ 000452c0

i make the tcs and tpl how to one of 32, and i find problems with palette (ear is pink and green -.-)

Top Bottom