• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If by "it", you mean the video game, then it's for everyone that is over the age of 17. I'm not sure how much 17 is in metric, but I'm guessing it's like 14 so you're too young to play.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That implies that you're playing alone and with somebody that isn't me.

I most certainly am not a free kill.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Tmart made a video talking about that interview too, if you wanna watch that. He covers most of the main points.

Apparently they're going to actually reward players for playing the obejctive *gasp*. Also, they're trying to focus on gun on gun gameplay for once instead of killstreaks......finallyderp.

Oh and also they're trying to nerf the knife. Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
He said they are CHANGING the melee system. They're certainly not going to make it better, and Robert said sometime in the past that he doesn't want panic knifing to be as prevalent in MW3.
Making some safe assumptions, we can say that they will be nerfing it. How it will occur is another matter. They could make it a two hit gun melee, or they could make it so only back knifing is a OHKO.
I would prefer if they made you take out the knife so that everyone could have a ballistic knife as equipment, but you can't just instantly pull out your knife in tight situations.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They better not screw up the knifing/melee system too much so that people who like to go knifing are left out :glare:
They had better not screw up the grenade launcher/tubing system too much so that people who like to tube are left out :glare:

Game developers can't cater to the smaller group of people if the majority of players agree that a certain aspect of the game is unfair. (e.g. tubing, knifing)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
There is a much larger amount of people that complain/have complained about grenade launchers than knifing, from what I've heard. Also I'm pretty sure knifing has become a big thing over time and isn't some small group of people.

Besides, I doubt anyone liked to "tube" because they "liked it". More like mw2 was broken and people just wanted to abuse the weapon for nukes etc. And sure there was Commando and it was broken as well, but I didn't complain much when I saw it wasn't in BO.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There is a much larger amount of people that complain/have complained about grenade launchers than knifing, from what I've heard. Also I'm pretty sure knifing has become a big thing over time and isn't some small group of people.

Besides, I doubt anyone liked to "tube" because they "liked it". More like mw2 was broken and people just wanted to abuse the weapon for nukes etc. And sure there was Commando and it was broken as well, but I didn't complain much when I saw it wasn't in BO.
Doesn't matter if more people complain about tubes, a LOT of people hate how the knife is. Knifing is not a big thing, few people do it exclusively. I was one of them.

A lot of people tubed because they liked it. You're wrong, my good sir.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I just want to see it so that it is a OHKO from behind and a THKO from the front.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, that is what I want too. I just want an elimination of the panic knife, because it is the cause of most of my deaths. A weakened melee would do just that.

Also, 1337 post.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
They had it in CoD2, but it still killed in one hit just like the knife in more recent games. CoD1 was the only game that hasn't had the insta-kill melee attack.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad they're now listening to the community and fixing a lot of the problems which have caused a lot of rage among it's player base.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The melee needs to be like CoD2 where you beat them with your gun and it takes forever to kill......in other words, they should make it a waste of time to use. I'd also be satisfied if they just made the knife a secondary/you have to take it out and can't shoot your gun while using it. I can't stand getting knifed.

I always thought the point of CoD was to shoot people, but with the most recent games, I guess I've been proved completely wrong! Little did I know, the point is actually to tube/commando/use ghost and sneak up on people/camp for high killstreaks. Silly me.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lol who said anything about banning things?

I was just saying, there are people that try to abuse things as much as they can to win. In this case, people went to noobtubes+DC in mw2 because it was something that was very good. It was a strategy where all you had to do was aim in a person's general direction and fire. And you're seriously saying knifing is worse, when you have to be right next to someone to kill them while it only takes 2-3 shots from a regular gun to kill you?

And don't even bring up the invincibility Commando gave you when lunging, we all know that was bs.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
There was no commando invincibility. If someone is close enough to lunge, and you haven't started spraying, your spray won't kill them, and it definitely won't hit them. Commando isn't even over powered. It is the knife that people should ***** about, if anything.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thunder, you're incredibly misinformed. Please quit while you're ahead.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
They had better not screw up the grenade launcher/tubing system too much so that people who like to tube are left out :glare:

Game developers can't cater to the smaller group of people if the majority of players agree that a certain aspect of the game is unfair. (e.g. tubing, knifing)
So, Quickscopers?

Doesn't matter if more people complain about tubes, a LOT of people hate how the knife is. Knifing is not a big thing, few people do it exclusively. I was one of them.

A lot of people tubed because they liked it. You're wrong, my good sir.
A lot of people knifed because they liked it.

It became a big thing in MW2 with the addition of the obvious melee class set ups. Marathon/LW/Commando, Tac Knives, Riot Shield, and Throwing Knives all made "Knife Only" classes feasible. They were fun. The trend was somewhat continued in Black Ops, with Tomahawks and the Ballistic Knife being added in with the removal of Commando and the other weapons. Much less effective, still possible, yet the skill requirement was upped.

People who ***** about knifers are bad. They can't deal with the fact that they're losing to a gun class whose only option is to be 3 feet away from you before they can kill. They complain about it because it's an obvious death. "I only died because the knife is too strong!" Same reason Quick Scoping or Wave Dashing are picked out of a crowd: They're very flashy and obvious.

Being flashy and obvious does not make something Overpowered. Complaining about something that's fair is wrong. Man up and stop sucking. This applies to 95% of the CoD community. If everyone didn't suck, knifers wouldn't be so prevalent. Hell, they're barely prevalent as is.

Yeah, that is what I want too. I just want an elimination of the panic knife, because it is the cause of most of my deaths. A weakened melee would do just that.

Also, 1337 post.
What a ****ty 1337 post.

Panic knives cause most of your deaths? The amount of bull**** in this statement just filled up a Matador's Arena. You notice panic knifing deaths because you go "Oh, I have the drop on- WHAT HE KNIFED ME BECAUSE I GOT TOO CLOSE FUIASBDKYUSABDSAUKYDA". It's the same reason you notice your Buzzkill deaths more than your others.

Panic knifing is not an issue. It's a reflex that you don't have because you drop shot. It's the same reflex as seeing a guy in the open, pressing LT, moving your RS, and then pulling the RT when he's in the center of your sights. It's just faster, less calculated, and it kills faster in the event that you two happened to bump into each other around a corner. That is the only time it should happen.

If you don't drop shot, then you should keep in mind that YOU can "panic knife" too. Step up your reaction time.

The melee needs to be like CoD2 where you beat them with your gun and it takes forever to kill......in other words, they should make it a waste of time to use. I'd also be satisfied if they just made the knife a secondary/you have to take it out and can't shoot your gun while using it. I can't stand getting knifed.

I always thought the point of CoD was to shoot people, but with the most recent games, I guess I've been proved completely wrong! Little did I know, the point is actually to tube/commando/use ghost and sneak up on people/camp for high killstreaks. Silly me.
The point of CoD is to kill people using the tools made available to you. These tools include: Guns, Grenades, Helicopters, Missiles, Turrets, Riot Shields, KNIVES, and more.

Your suggestion is also a terrible fix to the problem that you put out there only because you have some unfounded hatred for knifing.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Unless you like to or you're skilled enough to style on people with one.

Guns win people games.

Ban those.

**** your awful logic.
Guns also require you to aim and don't give you 500000000000 meters of instant killing splash damage.

Guns also don't win people games if the other team is all using a DC tube.

There was no commando invincibility. If someone is close enough to lunge, and you haven't started spraying, your spray won't kill them, and it definitely won't hit them. Commando isn't even over powered. It is the knife that people should ***** about, if anything.
Or their lack of basic awareness. People with Commando sound like trucks.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Traded in Black Ops for MW2 and pre-ordered MW3. Best decision I've ever made.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So, Quickscopers?
Yeah bro I hate quickscopers.

A lot of people knifed because they liked it.
I know I did.

It became a big thing in MW2 with the addition of the obvious melee class set ups. Marathon/LW/Commando, Tac Knives, Riot Shield, and Throwing Knives all made "Knife Only" classes feasible. They were fun. The trend was somewhat continued in Black Ops, with Tomahawks and the Ballistic Knife being added in with the removal of Commando and the other weapons. Much less effective, still possible, yet the skill requirement was upped.
I agree, I loved knifing myself when it was dedicated to one class. It gave us a whole new way to play. In Black Ops, it's incredibly uncommon for someone to knife only because the majority of players suck at it. When I say that I have a problem with the melee system, I'm talking about how it's an instant kill when you're clearly shooting the person. You see them flinch, but they're still able to drop everything they're doing and pull out a blade in a split second which happens to kill you. There's no excuse for it.

People who ***** about knifers are bad. They can't deal with the fact that they're losing to a gun class whose only option is to be 3 feet away from you before they can kill. They complain about it because it's an obvious death. "I only died because the knife is too strong!" Same reason Quick Scoping or Wave Dashing are picked out of a crowd: They're very flashy and obvious.
I don't know of anyone that complains about these knifers.

Being flashy and obvious does not make something Overpowered. Complaining about something that's fair is wrong. Man up and stop sucking. This applies to 95% of the CoD community. If everyone didn't suck, knifers wouldn't be so prevalent. Hell, they're barely prevalent as is.
Stop assuming that people complain about those that knife only, it's the panic knifing that causes a problem. Defend it all you will, but that doesn't change the fact that it's problem that game developers notice. Call it reaction time if you will, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a flawed system.

Guns also require you to aim and don't give you 500000000000 meters of instant killing splash damage.

Guns also don't win people games if the other team is all using a DC tube.
I never said they didn't.

Or their lack of basic awareness. People with Commando sound like trucks.
Oh and this.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
LOL.
Just because something is accessible to everyone doesn't mean everyone should abuse it. I personally like to rely on guns, and I feel that the fact that I try to drop shot in close range situations but when every 5 year old knifes me through his ****ing back when he gets outplayed is bull****. I shouldn't have to abuse a simplified way to get easy kills in order to enjoy the game.
Look, Delta, you're good at CoD, I understand that, but when you make your arguments, they're always assuming that someone is as good as you and that someone has the same wants and needs as you. I want CoD to take a little more thought than "OH **** SQUEEZE MY CONTROLLER AND KNIFE AND HOPE IT HITS HIM"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Traded in Black Ops for MW2 and pre-ordered MW3. Best decision I've ever made.
Smart man.

LOL.
Just because something is accessible to everyone doesn't mean everyone should abuse it. I personally like to rely on guns, and I feel that the fact that I try to drop shot in close range situations but when every 5 year old knifes me through his ****ing back when he gets outplayed is bull****. I shouldn't have to abuse a simplified way to get easy kills in order to enjoy the game.
Look, Delta, you're good at CoD, I understand that, but when you make your arguments, they're always assuming that someone is as good as you and that someone has the same wants and needs as you. I want CoD to take a little more thought than "OH **** SQUEEZE MY CONTROLLER AND KNIFE AND HOPE IT HITS HIM"
You caught me off guard! *squeezes right thumb stick out of natural reflex*

Clearly outplayed.

Top Bottom