• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, you should consider use the Smash Emporium (or whatever it's called) that uses Google Map to show where various smashers live, and try to hook up with 'em if you don't want to play online. I've been thinking about doing that with a few people I've met at tournies/smashboards/AIB/other sites that are pretty good. I probably will do that sometime in the future, though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, you should consider use the Smash Emporium (or whatever it's called) that uses Google Map to show where various smashers live, and try to hook up with 'em if you don't want to play online. I've been thinking about doing that with a few people I've met at tournies/smashboards/AIB/other sites that are pretty good. I probably will do that sometime in the future, though.
Problem is I work and will be beginning my college classes this fall. Not to mention I have to drive out quite a bit just to get to most places. Online is the just the most opportune for me at the moment.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm down to play later tonight. Anyways, so what's going to happen to this thread once SSB4 is offically announced next E3?

Oh yeah, Marth and Geno are up on my blog. They'll probably be up until tomorrow at five due to the lack of progress today.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I got the same school Johns! XD I hate not getting A's like North Korea hates South Korea. :laugh:

You'd be surprised how close some people would be though. Even if you're in the middle of Wyoming, there would probably be a player who lives close by. Plus the May through early December tourney circuit always has a ton of tournaments in many many different areas, with many different levels of competitive players-if that's what you're into. ;)

Edit: They'll probably keep this thread and update it with the latest information. If they don't, they'll archive it and make a new general thread like they did with Brawl (they actually had quite a few [stickied] information threads, come to think of it).

Joined it
Yeah I've been getting the feeling that we would be getting this eventually; I'm just not expecting this to occur. That said, it would be unbelievably awesome and I would buy it instantaneously.

However, I wouldn't have much of an expectation on it. I am only expecting these characters to be playable if it does happen:

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Samus

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chun-Li

Perhaps I could form a social discussion group to talk about this if allowed?
How about Jill Valentine against Samus?
For Phoenix Wright, we'll have to see. It more or less depends on how well he plays in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Given that he's actually playable in that game, I would say if he gets high demands that he has a good shot in Nintendo Vs. Capcom.
His games appeared in the DS. That makes it even more reasonable to add him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm down to play later tonight. Anyways, so what's going to happen to this thread once SSB4 is offically announced next E3?

Oh yeah, Marth and Geno are up on my blog. They'll probably be up until tomorrow at five due to the lack of progress today.
I'll go ahead and add your FC. Just got finished wiping the floor with Omega.

D

Deleted member

Master Rapier said:
I got a topic I've been wanting to talk about. Should we keep the Level Editor and if so how can we improve it?

Or do you think Smash should have minigames (Homerun contest, break the targets, etc) or just stick with fighting?
We should. One way to do this is to let us use our stages that we created online.

And yes, Smash should have minigames like those, which were a ton of fun.
Starphoenix said:
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Captain Falcon - Use the Brawl version, it sounds much better.
Saki Amamiya
Marth - The Melee version or With Mila's Divine Protection should be used as his theme.
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Metaknight - Why use Luigi's theme? A better theme would be Meta-Knight's Revenge.
Peach - I think Princess Peach Castle would be much better.
Will - I don't agree with this choice. Doesn't really sound like someone people would enjoy playing with.
Mewtwo
Little Mac
Takamaru
Ness - The Melee theme would be a better theme.
Luigi
Fox
Captain. Olimar

Boss: Bowser - Awesome theme. What would be even better is if Itadaki Street DS version was used.
Boss: Ganondorf

Ryu
Zero You should use this theme.
Felyne I think a Monster Hunter would be a better and more likely choice, although I would be fine with this one.
Frank West
Megaman
Phoenix Wright Up in the air for me. This more or less depends on how Phoenix Wright plays out in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. If it makes me understand why people want him in, then I'll definitely accept this choice.
Dante
Brood Ryu
Hakan Crimson Viper will likely be chosen over him, but representing the upgrade isn't necessarily a bad thing to say the least.
Chun Li
Strider Hiryu
Morrigan
Leon Kennedy
Bass.EXE
Batsu
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur
Chris Redfield
Zack and Wiki Kind of iffy on this one, but I'll accept it since his games was on the Wii.

Boss: Dr. Wily
Boss: M. Bison

Final Boss: Giygas
I would very much enjoy a roster like this. Pretty much gets all the necessity in and would make fans of both sides happy. Only thing I would do is replace Will with Pit. Personally, I would put in Jin Saotome over Hakan, but Hakan is overall a better choice for obvious reason and Jin doesn't look likely to be playable again anyway.
Shortiecanbrawl said:

I'm hoping it stays up as a general discussion thread in regards to this game. Would be a shame for it to go down like the original thread.
berserker01 said:
How about Jill Valentine against Samus?
That could work and if the game was made, I would consider her the most likely RE rep due to being the most universal.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

This thread will probably become a social thread, a general discussion for Smash 4, basically like it is now.

and I might check out your thread.

Excuses excuses... ;)
Son, i'm going to sharpen my skills again, I won't lose again! :mad:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I point to the Level Editor as one of several examples where Brawl strayed too far from the core gameplay and just delved into trivial junk that the average player spent fifteen minutes screwing around with.

Level Editor, Coin Launcher. These are nice in theory, but go all out or not at all. Can anyone really say the Coin Launcher held actual entertainment value? Level Editor was so primitive it wasn't worth wasting the time. Cut them and spend Dev Time making more characters, stages, or fleshing out SSE so it's not a bland Kirby knock-off.

Masterpieces, and Chronicles. All of which is fine if we're playing some kind of holy relic to Nintendo. But we aren't, we're playing a crossover fighter to have Bowser smash the snot out of Kirby.

Dunno, someone asked for opinions. There it is.

OmegaXXII

I personally wouldn't mind such modes of entertainment, but when it comes to a certain point that development time will be wasted thus consumed on such things rather than gameplay basics or character development for that matter, then yes.

Otherwise I really don't care if such minor things like coin launcher get in, that's not what I'm really going to focus or even buy Smash for, for me it's more like focusing on gameplay mechanics, more characters development and of course online which should be a major priority.

It's such a shame how slow and Brawl has been for me, considering I've never played it before up until a few days ago, such a pity, it's something that definetly needs to improve for the better.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I do think people spent plenty of time on the level editor, it does need major improvement.

I personally hated the Coin Launcher, it was boring and a waste of time to wait for 1 in about 500 trophies to appear in order to complete your collection. I hope they get rid of it or do major inprovements so it becomes easier to gain rare trophies.

Masterpieces, are useless, I already own the games or downloaded them before Brawl came out on the VC. It would be better to just have VC demos on the Shop Channel. Also why isn't Earthbound on the VC yet! :p

I did enjoy the Chronicle though. It was fun to fill and Smash is a series that is also there to celebrate Nintendo's LONG history. I think it deserves to stay.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Bowser's spoiled son joins the fray! Despite his young age the Koopa Prince packs quite a punch!

Bowser Jr has lots of moveset potential, thought sharing a few moves with his father. Bowser Jr's moveset is based of of him, and Shadow Mario is based off the graffiti
A special feature is his down taunt turns him into shadow mario, not Bv. While shadow mario, all his attacks splatter graffiti on the ground and on characters. If too much gets on the ground or you, you trip, and the goo washes off. Water attacks(Fludd, Water Gun) wash off graffiti.

Bowser Jr

Neutral A

A: Does a quick punch
AA: Does 2 quick punches
AAA: Does 2 quick punches, and then a kick
Dash: Do a lunge

Tilts

A>: Swipe with your claws
A^: Do an uppercut
Av: Kicks low

Smashes

A>: Do a powerful punch
A^: Do a powerful uppercut
Av: Launch a flame at your feet, bursting on contact

Specials

B: Flame Breath(Launch a fireball forward, bursting on contact, charge for more power)
B>: Koopa Shell(Toss a green koopa shell, not as powerful as the item)
B^: Clown Kart(Fly upward a short distance using the Clown Kart, leaves you vulnerable in midair)
Bv: Shell Shock(Spin around rapidly in your shell, like Bowser's recovery, but doesn't gain any height in midair, leaves you vulnerable in midair

Final Smash: Airship Attack(Go into the background and fire cannonballs at others for major knockback and damage for 30 seconds or 10 shots)

Shadow Mario

Neutral A

A: Does a quick punch
AA: Does 2 quick punches
AAA: Does 2 quick punches, and then a kick
Dash: Dive paintbrush first

Tilts

A>: Swipe forward with the paintbrush
A^: Sweep upward with the paintbrush
Av: Sweep from side to side with the paintbrush

Smashes

A>: Swing the paintbrush forward
A^: Jab upward using the paintbrush
Av: Blast a glob of graffiti at your feet

Specials

B: Graffiti Stream(Launch a constant stream of graffiti forward, reducing in range overtime)
B>: Graffiti Minion(Summon a graffiti creature, causing damage to all who touch it)
B^: Graffiti Spray(Shoot graffiti towards the ground, propelling yourself into the air, leaves you vulnerable in midair)
Bv: Gooey Trail(Spread graffiti all around you, making foes more likely to trip)

Final Smash: Splattered Screen(The entire screen is splattered with graffiti, and graffiti pihrana plants ingulf the stage. If you are using a wii u controller, only you can see everything, and no one else can for 15 seconds

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Remember that Jill was in the latest 3DS RE game, as well as being in the next 3DS RE game. She's probably the most likely. She also starred in a RE game for the Gamecube if I remember correctly. Hopefully she would sport her MvC2 s.t.a.r.s costume. RE5's look was so not her. Like, Blonde, really? Anyways, if you couldn't tell by now, I clearly root for the underdog 3rd parties. Like, RE and SC.

Masterpieces, are useless, I already own the games or downloaded them before Brawl came out on the VC. It would be better to just have VC demos on the Shop Channel. Also why isn't Earthbound on the VC yet! :p
This was the only joke that rivals the SSE. The amount of time that went into that part of the game was not worth the end result. It was a major factor in the undoing of Brawl, for me. That, and the way it plays turned me off. Techincal difficulty was lacking, and the fast paced gameplay of Melee was something I truely fell in love with.

OmegaXXII

Soul Calibur would be awesome for, like Cassandra or Nightmare for example even if they never do happen.

Isn't Veronica going to appear with Chris Redfield in the upcoming RE4 HD edition?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Soul Calibur would be awesome for, like Cassandra or Nightmare for example even if they never do happen.

Isn't Veronica going to appear with Chris Redfield in the upcoming RE4 HD edition?

I'm not sure, the one I was reffering to was revelations. Jill and Chris are the main characters of that game.

Cassandra plays really cool, unlike Link her sheild would actually used as an attack. Her swings are much more graceful and not as nearly as heavy handed as Link's. Plus all SC characters have a kick that is used to knock characters off ledges for a KO. So, that could be incorporated into her moveset somehow.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: If you root for underdog third-party characters, then what do you think of Strider Hiryu? I think he would be pretty cool to play with.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pretty much gets all the necessity in and would make fans of both sides happy. Only thing I would do is replace Will with Pit. Personally, I would put in Jin Saotome over Hakan, but Hakan is overall a better choice for obvious reason and Jin doesn't look likely to be playable again anyway.
I don't get why Metaknight ended up with Luigi's theme? That was a flub on my part.

Actually I had Pit replace Luigi since Pit made a better mirror for Arthur.

Hakan was chosen because he was supposed to be DK's mirror. In fact let me relist my characters with their mirror in mind:

Mario x Ryu
Link x Zero
Pikachu x Felyne
Kirby x Frank West (don't ask about the pairing...)
Samus x Megaman
Captain Falcon x Phoenix Wright
Saki Amamiya x Dante
Marth x Brood Ryu
Donkey Kong x Hakan
Zelda x Chun Li
Metaknight x Strider Hiryu
Peach x Morrigan
Will x Leon Kennedy
Mewtwo x Bass.EXE
Little Mac x Batsu
Takamaru x Amaterasu
Ness x Viewtiful Joe
Pit x Arthur
Fox x Chris Redfield
Captain. Olimar x Zack and Wiki

Bowser x Dr. Wily
Ganondorf x M. Bison

Final Boss NPC: Giygas

Total=44

Not about the music. These are the sources that would obviously be remixed ala MvC3.

OmegaXXII

See this is what bothered me when it came to data consumption, it was really unnecessary to have it in Smash, I mean was it really worth having them taking up space? Not really, if anything I feel it could have been used and focused towards better gameplay mechanics and online for the most part, but then again that was Sakurai solo at work.

This time since Sakurai has his development firm Sora Ltd. Working for him I feel he'll be open to more ideas and maybe suggestions, hopefully his focus will be more towards the actual game rather than such gimmicks that really aren't neccesary and are time consuming for the most part.

@shortiecanbrawl: Yea, Cassandra would totally be awesome maybe play similar to Link? I imagine she would be fast as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: If you root for underdog third-party characters, then what do you think of Strider Hiryu? I think he would be pretty cool to play with.
I know nothing about him outside of how he played in MvC2. Starts list reminds me of that picture I never finished. Maybe I should do that. The small-scale is like 80% done. Drawing Chibi Dante/Jill has been a hastle.

Weird, I swore I posted about how Masterpeices rovaled SSE in stupidity. Oops. Well now you know how I feel.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like both sides, but the only thing I would change is to replace Hakan with Mike Haggar from Final Fight.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like both sides, but the only thing I would change is to replace Hakan with MIKE HAGGAR from Final Fight.
Also this. I love Hakan but Haggar deserves it more, I mean after the initial arcade port all FF sequels were on Nintendo consoles

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like both sides, but the only thing I would change is to replace Hakan with Mike Haggar from Final Fight.
I had considered that originally, but I wanted to keep too much copy/pasting from MvC3. So I went with Hakan, the only other option was Zangief, but I wanted a SF4 character.

OmegaXXII

I don't get why Metaknight ended up with Luigi's theme? That was a flub on my part.

Actually I had Pit replace Luigi since Pit made a better mirror for Arthur.

Hakan was chosen because he was supposed to be DK's mirror. In fact let me relist my characters with their mirror in mind:

Mario x Ryu
Link x Zero
Pikachu x Felyne
Kirby x Frank West (don't ask about the pairing...)
Samus x Megaman
Captain Falcon x Phoenix Wright
Saki Amamiya x Dante
Marth x Brood Ryu
Donkey Kong x Hakan
Zelda x Chun Li
Metaknight x Strider Hiryu
Peach x Morrigan
Will x Leon Kennedy
Mewtwo x Bass.EXE
Little Mac x Batsu
Takamaru x Amaterasu
Ness x Viewtiful Joe
Pit x Arthur
Fox x Chris Redfield
Captain. Olimar x Zack and Wiki

Bowser x Dr. Wily
Ganondorf x M. Bison

Final Boss NPC: Giygas

Total=44

Not about the music. These are the sources that would obviously be remixed ala MvC3.
Hey, that's a nice line-up you have there, Brood Ryu should so fight Marth.

M.Bison joining forces with Ganondorf would be too cool, both of the are already godly like and Giygas would be the totally invincible boss that both franchises fight, Dante or Frank West fighting Giygas would be so epic.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, that's a nice line-up you have there, Brood Ryu should so fight Marth.

M.Bison joining forces with Ganondorf would be too cool, both of the are already godly like and Giygas would be the totally invincible boss that both franchises fight, Dante or Frank West fighting Giygas would be so epic.

The only one's that I could end up changing are Zack and Wiki, Hakan and Dante.

Yes, Giygas would frighten even the hardest Capcom character... Definitely deserves to be the multi formed, all powerful final boss of whatever arcade mode they have.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But if this does come true, which would be awesome. Should it be like Street Fighter X Tekken with 2 games or just a MvC style game?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But if this does come true, which would be awesome. Should it be like Street Fighter X Tekken with 2 games or just a MvC style game?
Because I'm confident we will be hitting a roster in the upper 30's to mid 40's in this hypoethetical but very likely game, I'm sure it will be a 3v3. Which will be very interesting to see.

No it'd be more along the lines of Marvel Vs. Capcom and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

I'd so main a Saki/Zero/Brood Ryu team.

OmegaXXII

Hmm... I'm guessing it would play or look similar to Street Fighter x Tekken?

I guess 2 on 2 like Tatsunoko, depending on the roster size I guess.

D

Deleted member

Just want to announce that I am officially kick starting the Victini campaign to have Victini as a playable character as a collaboration with Project Begnion to get both Black Knight and Victini as playable characters. This is the site for Project Unova. Currently there's nothing in their but I do plan on getting something up within a few days.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Barbasol

Smash Ace
What I find most interesting isn't when there's a clear candidate for a franchise, but when there's different directions something could go.

Mario
Waluigi- The Dark Horse
Toad- The Veteran
Bowser Jr.- The New Kid
Paper Mario- The Spinoff

F-ZERO
Samurai Goroh- The Rival
Black Shadow- The Mastermind Villain

Pokemon
Victini- Possible New Gen
Zoroark- Possible New Gen
Mewtwo- Popular Villain-type