• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Videos

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Taj was laughing when it happened. It was a resignation, the equivalent of a "gg" in Starcraft. The reason the Gamecube got unplugged is because he tried to walk off the stage but misstepped on account of mistaking thin-air for ground.
Gg is a legit resignation and not a ragequit when the game is surely to be lost. This wasn't the case though, since in melee from 1 - 3 situation comebacks are not very rare. Taj was behind 1-3 against mango in one match, and he didn't quit then either.

If being that bad situation is a sure loss and legit reason for gg, then tell me amsah was wrong for disagreeing with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIcE_-tWv8

EDIT: I agree that "ragequit" is kinda stupid word for the situation maybe, since I heard there was no rage. But anycase, taj gave up too soon imo. He didn't believe in his chances enough.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
If you mean me... I may have some pools matches, but I can't even start to guess without the pool results. Also, I can't really do anything from here, you just have to randomly check the videos on my site, it's all there =).
Except some round2 matches from TVs ABC that I forgot to put up before I left...

And wtf, firefox (at home) seems to have crashed again before it managed to finish uploading even one set. So um... starting to upload the 3 finals sets again...
Pools results are up on AiB, but you probably saw that already.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
The only person who needs to worry about whether or not it was a "legit reason for gg" was Taj. He didn't need to please the crowd or Armada by playing out the rest of the match. Anyone who saw it should be able to tell you that he seemed rather amused by the whole thing. Could he have made a ridiculous, epic comeback? Sure, maybe. Tope once said "good **** man" to me in a way that more or less meant "damn, you finally beat me in tournament", but kept playing anyway and managed to run it back 3 stocks and win because I choked and he played well. **** like that is awesome, but if Taj didn't want to play, then who the **** cares? lol The fact that he was so light-hearted about it is great. I probably would've been intense as **** if I were going into winners finals of Genesis. x_x

Lovage

Smash Hero
If you mean me... I may have some pools matches, but I can't even start to guess without the pool results. Also, I can't really do anything from here, you just have to randomly check the videos on my site, it's all there =).
Except some round2 matches from TVs ABC that I forgot to put up before I left...

yeah i'm just talking about my third round pool which was mostly played on the projector TV

most of the matches are on your site already (and genesismelee's youtube,) was just hoping to see the official upload eventually

p.s. you're the man ;]

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
yo NeutralDamage,
nobody cares.
Lol, you didn't read my previous posts at all, did you? I mean, if you did, you would have noticed, that I replied to someones question about the issue. What that means? Well, it means that you are wrong by saying that nobody cares, because apparently somebody cared.

Looking people's reactions about this, it is clear that you are pissed off about the subject. You try to say that nobody cares, even there are people who show that they want to know about it. If you really wouldn't care, you wouldn't be that pissed by the truth that has been brought up.

EDIT: And it's even not about if taj didn't want to play and nobody cares. It's about that wrong picture was given to people about that situation, and that "nobody" really told people here what really happened. That kind of secrecy draw people's attention to question occurrences. That's why you now have guy's here who want to know and question the truth.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL what the heck? this is so weird

there was no 'secrecy' at all. ppl just didnt know what went on. if u were there though it would've been easy to understand

and really, nobody really cares about the topic very much but you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes, the reason people are replying to you is to correct you and your random assumptions/hypotheses.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
yes, the reason people are replying to you is to correct you and your random assumptions/hypotheses.
If they don't care about the issue, why would they even care about my "random" assumptions enough to "correct" them xD. Why would they care, I mean if they are so wrong, everybody would see it, and really no reason to "correct" them xD.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
again, the only one that cares about the issue is you. you are giving serious attention to a situation that was very casual and funny at the tournament. that's why people are bugged. it doesn't have anything to do with taj at all, it's about your strange ideas regarding what happened

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Didn't know pool results were up on AiB. Oh well... I also need to actually see the videos to identify them, which I can't from here.
I can however upload videos that I know what they are, so if you can help me identify videos on my site, I can remote desktop home and upload them. It looks like pool 5 from R3 was playing there, but I can only see Lovage vs Axe, the rest would involve guessing.

But yeah, I can still upload videos, so I'll start with M2K vs Mango (no idea how I missed it, but it's been on my site since a few days ago in better-than-Youtube quality anyway). Then Lovage vs Axe.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
It's hilarious how hard it is to Americans to admit that taj gave up xD. They are like: "No he didn't give up, he just gg'd" :dazwa:. Sometimes truth hurts I guess.

Why does it has to be so big deal? Taj gave up, just live with.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL. again, neutral damage, YOU are the one who is making it a big deal, not "americans"

The Star King

Smash Hero
LOOOOL thanks

never heard my voice described that way before
Oh, reading my post again it seems like I was saying your voice is soothing and creepy.

I meant that your voice is soothing, and my post is kind of creepy.

Probably should have put my "/creepy" in a line after.

It's hilarious how hard it is to Americans to admit that taj gave up xD. They are like: "No he didn't give up, he just gg'd" :dazwa:. Sometimes truth hurts I guess.

Why does it has to be so big deal? Taj gave up, just live with.
First of all, nobody is denying he gave up.

Second of all, Tekk, the guy who said nobody cares, is from France.

Third, you keep saying people are pissed off when there was NOBODY pissed off in your thread/this thread.

Fourth, when people say that nobody cares, they mean nobody cares about Taj resigning (except you). It does not take a lot of caring to reply to some kid who's trying to make a big deal out of this. If I made a thread called "OMG Armada has blond hair what a weirdo", people replying to me does not mean they care about Armada having blond hair.

But I'm sure you're going to write off this post and say that I'm a blind American/pissed off or whatever.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This is really hilarious. I mean really. Not even going to say anything about it.

I just want to extend a really gracious "Thank you" to ajp_anton for the beautiful uploads. Everything is in excellent quality, all crisp and fresh, and pretty quick too, considering the usual time it takes to see tournament videos.

I can't really say more than that, only another thank you. In addition, just watched Mango v. Armada Grand Finals. Hype.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
NeutralDamage:
You bring up the example of Amsah vs Ek. That's interesting, because it was do-or-die - it was the seventh and last game of the set, and whoever took it took the winners' finals. Let's compare it to Taj's situation. That was the third game of winners' finals, and Taj was already down 0-2. If he lost, then that's the set. If he somehow won this third game as Marth after performing worse than he did with Mewtwo in the previous two games, he has to do it two more times, on Armada's choice of stages. It's pretty disheartening, after losing the first two games in a row, to be in the process of getting 3-stocked during your last chance at not getting sent to losers' brackets. It's even more so when winning the game doesn't actually get you anywhere...

So, did Taj give up? Well, yeah, that sort of goes hand-in-hand with the act of conceding. Was it unreasonable to do so? I dunno, did the first two games of the set look close? Did the third game look any closer? Did the crowd feel like they were getting gypped to not see the entirety of Taj getting 2-stocked three times in a row?

Tekk

Smash Lord
Okay okay, you're right, Taj gave up, and people said he gg'd because he was laughing.
Thank you for putting under the spotlights the biggest conspiracy in the history of melee tournaments.
"nobody cares" means that nobody cares about wether Taj gg'd or gave up, you are the one making a big deal out of it, please don't bring those stereotypes about americans here.

...Taj musts be laughing when he reads your posts, seriously.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wow really guys? Making this a super big deal out of Taj's own decision? It's no one's place but Taj to decide what to do in a match. You can't really justify something with your own words/beliefs about something like that, that just makes you look like an ignorant fool. lol.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Mango's Fox is indeed an amazing sight to see, especially when I saw him play friendlies with Armada. It's very "free form" and blindingly fast. I can say other than PerfectDark and Lovage I haven't seen such a quick and precise Fox.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
I have never seen a fox be played like that, EVER.
see koreandj vs pc's falco MLG vegas, or pc chris vs m2k oc3

but never in such amazing quality, you are incredible ajpanton.

hey NeutralDamage isnt it time you moved on to more important issues, like...

why didn't mango shake m2k's hand at evo world 2007?

or

who really knocked over the doritos stand at MLG nationals?

lmfao

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
hey NeutralDamage isnt it time you moved on to more important issues, like...

why didn't mango shake m2k's hand at evo world 2007?

or

who really knocked over the doritos stand at MLG nationals?
lmfao
No, because they wouldn't make americans as mad as this case where they had to admit in the end that Taj gave up xD. Man, it's so hilarious to see americans cry like a little baby's over an issue so small, hahaha xD. You just can't move on with it, can ya? ^_^

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
No, because they wouldn't make americans as mad as this case where they had to admit in the end that Taj gave up xD. Man, it's so hilarious to see americans cry like a little baby's over an issue so small, hahaha xD. You just can't move on with it, can ya? ^_^
everyone is saying he gave up. no one is disputing that.

what people are disputing is you saying he raged. how would you even know if he raged if u werent there LOL. and then tai who was by taj's side the entire tournament told us that taj just laughed it off and wasn't mad at all but then STILL u come in with HERP DERP HE WAS MAD.

now do u get it? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Thank you everyone for the support and liking the videos I uploaded.
Now with a little better connection I can at least watch a few seconds of my YT videos, and they all look fine despite them being uploaded "blindly" without knowing what it looks or sounds like =).

I want to say sorry again for the slow uploads, but when you say it was actually faster than you're used to, it feels a little stupid =). But I still lost 2 days to hardware problems, and because of that I kind of lost the motivation to "speedrun" the uploads, slowing it down further.
(And if anyone cares about them, TVs B and C won't be up until I get home in 9 days...).

And again, if you can find your pool matches on my site, you can just tell me and I'll upload them to Youtube.
Or you can upload yourself. My version won't magically be better quality anymore: I already deleted the original videos because of lack of HDD space, so I will make any future YT videos from the same videos that you can download. Don't know if anyone noticed, but the M2K-Mango and Lovage-Axe sets were made that way =).

Bones0

Smash Legend
All of these Taj rumors are stupid. Anyone who was there knows the truth. Taj's big black **** was slung over his shoulder (so as to not get in the way), but then Armada did an insane combo, so Taj's **** started to get hard. As the blood rushed to his ****, Taj started to get dizzy. Seeking medical attention he stood up. As he did so, his man meat slammed down onto the GameCube, resetting it. Disoriented, he stumbled across the stage until he collapsed from a lack of oxygen being sent to his brain. Then, as if straight out of the Pokemon Movie, Mew flew down from the rafters towards Taj. Jason Zimmerman saw the light at this moment and realized he should stop playing Brawl. Meanwhile, Mew shed a tear onto Taj's ****, relieving him of his monstrous erection (**** the Chamber of Secrets; Phoenix tears? WTF is that, they stole it straight from the Pokemon Movie and THEY KNOW IT). The EMS who had just arrived on the scene evaluated the situation. Boback went up to him to explain what happened, but Boback's **** was hard. He preemptively apologized and said, "We're all a little bit hard." Zhu, who the EMS just now found under the remnants of Taj's erection, had a bloody nose, and his right femur was broken by the initial strike. Poor Zhu. DaShiaWia jumped from the ambulance and started dancing. As Zhu was carried past him, he grinned through the pain and uttered, "Happy Feet."

Isai was not in shock, and he did not smile.

Don't get hit.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Neutraldamage, you're making us europeans look bad and stubborn.
Please stop your crazy nonsense.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Is Mango vs Taj Losers Finals ever going to be uploaded? Just curious. :p

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
All of these Taj rumors are stupid. Anyone who was there knows the truth. Taj's big black **** was slung over his shoulder (so as to not get in the way), but then Armada did an insane combo, so Taj's **** started to get hard. As the blood rushed to his ****, Taj started to get dizzy. Seeking medical attention he stood up. As he did so, his man meat slammed down onto the GameCube, resetting it. Disoriented, he stumbled across the stage until he collapsed from a lack of oxygen being sent to his brain. Then, as if straight out of the Pokemon Movie, Mew flew down from the rafters towards Taj. Jason Zimmerman saw the light at this moment and realized he should stop playing Brawl. Meanwhile, Mew shed a tear onto Taj's ****, relieving him of his monstrous erection (**** the Chamber of Secrets; Phoenix tears? WTF is that, they stole it straight from the Pokemon Movie and THEY KNOW IT). The EMS who had just arrived on the scene evaluated the situation. Boback went up to him to explain what happened, but Boback's **** was hard. He preemptively apologized and said, "We're all a little bit hard." Zhu, who the EMS just now found under the remnants of Taj's erection, had a bloody nose, and his right femur was broken by the initial strike. Poor Zhu. DaShiaWia jumped from the ambulance and started dancing. As Zhu was carried past him, he grinned through the pain and uttered, "Happy Feet."

Isai was not in shock, and he did not smile.

Don't get hit.
I love you.

Top Bottom