• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
OH lol looool I was wondering why you said that about Serious Black... xD

July

Smash Apprentice
Catch up time! Surprise surprise.

Dang, outside of Ran there is nobody left for me. I rank players the following (lynchiest to least lynchie):

Ran --> not counting claim
KK --> not counting claim
Nich
PLSD
July --> not couting claim
Zen
SK
Grey
Swiss
T-Block
.jpg
Nabe
Reyth

And I don't feel right lynching Nich at all. PLSD has been looking good on his catchup. There is no way I am lynching Zen and I am thoroughly disinclined to lynch SK. Everybody else on the list is so totally out of the question.

If we aren't lynching a claimer I can only lynch Nich.

Dam, something is just very wrong here.
Just quoting this so I can keep it in mind when I read the thread. I'm having toruble understanding how people can be so high on the scale towards "lynchiest" like PLSD and even Zen and yet you are really unwilling to lynch anyone other than Nich.

Ok the Ran NK theory. *facepalm* Why didn't I think of that?

I detest voting Nich.

Unvote, Vote PLSD

That is until he catches up and properly. When he does so I have not a clue who to vote for besides Nich.

This has been the most frustrating game I have ever played. FOUR LYNCH CANDIDATES IN A ROW GONE! This just never has happened to me before AND I BLAME THE MOD!
Why do you detest voting Nich? If you feel this way, why is he so high on your "lynchiest" list?

Also you vote with the assumption or the knowledge it will be temporary, that bolded line means you clearly are not committed at all to your PLSD vote, which once again I don't understand because he is so high up on your "lynchiest" list so why not challenge him and put real pressure on him instead of inferring the unvote is imminent?

Ya I wanna see a better post from you. This latest post made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
This is vague, what about SK's post made you dislike it so much?

@video wagon
The vote count video just did revealing SK being at L-1 gives me some pause about voting him. If he was scum, why post that vote count? It seems rather likely that one more person could have joined that wagon without reasoning SK was at L-1, thus causing a lynch without a claim. If SK is town (as I currently believe) then I feel this is a rather strong town-tell on video. Any thoughts on this?
****, ****, ****, ****, ****

Okay, we caught a crumb from .JPG. One we are not willing to out (Raziek actually caught it, congrats to him). His play after we picked up on it matched. WE ARE SUPER UNWILLING to lynch him after seeing it. We can and will waste our time turner ability to save him and that will leave us going into Day 2 with no lynch Day 1. The penalty for breaking our restriction is the loss of our one shot ability.
I like that these two posts are independent of each other, each one on their own I'm cautious about. The first one I agree really seems to have town motivation behind it (cautiously; I remember being scum buddies with X1 where he would unvote or warn people when someone got to L-1 to gain town credit).

Second post I'm willing to believe... with a grain of salt... as well. Just some questions, when were you informed of the penalty for breaking your restriction? And can you provide the name for your time turner ability?

Still think DeGrey is scum or indy, but .jpg's play and these two posts definitely speak to town motivations behind his play and warrant he be taken out of the lynch pool for toDay.

SK wagon and (possible) lynch happened fast. If SK is scum then he is already lynched, and if he is town then we seem to get a "re-do" of D1.

Unvote
Vote: T-Block

While I still don't understand why, DeGrey does not seem like he will be the lynch toDay. If SK's power works and he is town, T-Block is the best choice for toDay's lynch. He has been very cautious with his reads and with his connections, even to the point where his reads have been fence-sitty.

Idk if SK's power would wipe the slate clean on votes, but I won't be here during the day tomorrow (err, July 30th) so if SK hasn't been lynched at least take my vote as my intent to vote when I get home and am able to post.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
The problem with Nich is that he will always be slightly hard to read. I have a town vibe from him but I will always have my doubts; so he never gets to evolve to a townie category for me.

The problem with PLSD is that he never actually caught up. He was looking good on the catchup that he did do but he never got all the way through...

The problem with the player list is that anyone who I had the slightest inkling was scum has claimed something. This means that either someone is lying or my town reads are WAY off SOMEWHERE. This gives me great frustration and I am not sure what to do about it at this point.

For now, I will wait for SK to do his magic and see what pops loose.

T-block

B2B TST
Why all the hate on me?

July, please start looking into like... the most recent 500 posts if you think I'm being cautious with my reads -_-

I am legitimately V/LA. It's a long weekend and I'm back in my home town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tblock, are you v/la meaning you are busy doing stuff? I forget what exactly you were doing, and how exactly you had the time to respond to July at this time.

I'm assuming it's almost done?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually, so far today the thread seems to be rather slow (I imagine everyone's waiting on OS to see what happens with SK). So now's the perfect time to catch up.

T-block

B2B TST
I've been living in another city for the past seven months working. I'm in my home town for the long weekend, so I do have internet and stuff at night to do a quick skim and such, but I'd rather spend times with my friends and family here than play mafia =P

Overswarm

is laughing at you
votecount:

Videogames.jpg (4) - Ranmaru, Ranmaru, Swiss, Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance,
DeGrey (1) - July,
Nabe (1) - Nicholas1024,
SoupaKatamri (7) - Degrey, Zen, T-block, Kawaii Kangaroo, Nabe, Videogames.jpg, SoupaKatamari,
Nich (1) - Reyth,
Not voting:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

With that hammer, SoupaKatamari has been lynched and we enter twilight to wait for the flip...

Except:

^I have to be fashionably late. Better build-up.

Play: Song of Time (1 x Speed)

The lynch has been reversed, and D1 starts again!

Day one begins!
Deadline is set for Tuesday, August 9th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Good luck!

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
votecount:

Videogames.jpg (4) - Ranmaru, Ranmaru, Swiss, Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance,
DeGrey (1) - July,
Nabe (1) - Nicholas1024,
SoupaKatamri (7) - Degrey, Zen, T-block, Kawaii Kangaroo, Nabe, Videogames.jpg, SoupaKatamari,
Nich (1) - Reyth,
Not voting:

With that hammer, SoupaKatamari has been lynched and we enter twilight to wait for the flip...

Except:

The lynch has been reversed, and D1 starts again!

Day one begins!
Deadline is set for Tuesday, August 9th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Good luck!

X1 get on AIM we need to figure out who is scum

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
*speechless*

2,000...2,000+ FREAKING POSTS IN A WEEK!?!?!!?

AND IT'S STILL D1?!??!? FNJKSNFJKSNFJKLNSKLJFN RE-READING HOLY ****ING ****.

back from v/la

#HBC | ѕoup

>vg.jpg wagon

you guys are ****ing stupid with 4 votes

>any votes on obvtown asdioh

you guys are ****ing stupid

kata i love you again man but what happened!?

i guess i still gotta read some more.

sorry OS!

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Yay Soup!

And I was just asking around when you were going to be back from your V/LA.

Soup, without reading ANYTHING, who is scum?
BTW SK just- oh wait that's you. Never mind.

#HBC | ѕoup

>remember talking about t-block scum

>see t-block votes

:yeahboi:

uhh..i'm gonna bet that my re-read won't give me anything except back and forth banter and i'm gonna waste my time reading it all and most of my post-v/la reads will probably stay the same?

#HBC | ѕoup

can ran double vote or something?

what the **** has been going on in this thread oh god my penis hurts just thinking about it

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
ok.
tl;dr, people have claimed stuff. Some people are scum in this game. They're not me, and since you just called me obvtown with no provocation, I doubt you are either.

Ranmaru has been doing practically nothing but calling me scum. He also reacted poorly to Zen's fake cop guilty on him. He then proved that he's a double voter, and claimed that at night he can force the next Day's lynch to be between two people.
DeGrey's (and your...) ability contradict this ability heavily. DG says he can stop one lynch from happening, and as we saw, you can turn back time so the Day starts over.

#HBC | ѕoup

****ing shoot me

has half of the posts been from Reyth and Ranmaru with back and forth bicker and ****er while scum coasts and nothing happens the whole game and **** like this goes on where that there is so much bad content it's hard to find the lurker scum and you get dumb wagons on people like us for whatever the **** reason and it was most likely influenced by ran and reyth?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Soup I'll help summarize this in real time!

In other news, Reyth posts a lot but is obvtown imo. X1 thinks Nich is obvtown but I'm not sure, but I'll just go along with him for now.
I'm going to guess Zen is town based on that gambit.

DeGrey has been confusing me, and I want to talk to X1 about him but X1 is British.

Oh, Kangaroo and July claimed town confirmed masons.

I had Nabe and T-block as town earlier but I'm definitely going to reevaluate that now that I have more time.

PLSD I don't even know.

Swiss is... I don't even know. He rarely posts. His last post was random scumreads and a vote on me.

****ing shoot me

has half of the posts been from Reyth and Ranmaru with back and forth bicker and ****er while scum coasts and nothing happens the whole game and **** like this goes on where that there is so much bad content it's hard to find the lurker scum and you get dumb wagons on people like us for whatever the **** reason and it was most likely influenced by ran and reyth?

#HBC | ѕoup

checking my hydra logs, BRB

if i have something to post or say or what the **** ever, i'll get to it, here's a side note to some people.

RANMARU AND REYTH.

YOU BOTH ARE
wonderful people
WHO POST TOO MUCH AND CLOG THE THREAD, IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU DEDICATE SO MUCH TIME TO LITTLE BANTER THAT YOU ARE TOWN, BUT THAT TOWN THAT ARE ACTIVITY BUFFS.

STOP.

WE GET IT.

IF YOU REALLY HAVE SOMETHING THAT'S GONNA MAKE ME GO "oh, maybe i should listen to ran or reyth" BUT I DON'T WANNA HEAR YOU POST EVERYTIME YOU GET A THOUGHT, WHETHER IT BE THAT YOU WANT COCO-PUFFS FOR BREAKFAST, OR ANYTHING, JUST STOP POSTING SO MUCH.

<3

NICH YOU ARE STILL PRETTY OBVTOWN, I'M GOING TO GUESS YOU GOT SOME PRESSURE FROM T-BLOCK AND ANOTHER RANDOM LURKER AT A TIME, BUT EVERYONE AGREED THAT YOU'RE TOWN BECAUSE OF YOUR ATTITUDE SO FAR THIS GAME.

DeGrey, YOUR CLAIM IS **** AND I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT YET BUT I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY BUT IT'S A RYKERCLAIM SO I SHOULDN'T CARE AND TRY TO READ YOUR CONTENT.

#HBC | ѕoup

I read my hydra logs.

im not reading the thread today.

vote:tblock

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Post on your hydra account if you are on a hydra. I will be far less lenient now that an entire phase has passed.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Errrm, just woke up and eating cocoa puffs. XD

Will have to re-evaluate all of my reads and figure out which town read(s) I am willing to question.

I will be drinking coffee soon. XD

I know I won't be questioning my Grey read. Still thinking on the others.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Reyth, it's good practice to question all your reads unless you've got something as definitive as a cop report. I let OS drift by unquestioned in Fire Emblem mafia as my strongest town read, and it really cost me. (I bet OS is really loving all these references to a game he utterly dominated.)

At any rate, it's somewhat discouraging that I only have one strong scum read (Nabe, obviously) despite all that's gone on. Aside from Nabe I'd pick PLSD for my second scum choice, as they've done nothing.

Seriously though, I've got 8 or so town reads, and only one strong scum one. It's ridiculous. Degrey/video seem likelier to be town due to the whole breadcrumb bit, Ran's response to the gambit reads like classic Ran to me, KK and July are claimed masons, SK just proved his role, plus the null-town reads I've had on Reyth, Zen, T-block and Swiss... After subtracting myself, that only leaves Nabe and PLSD. (So obviously, at least one of my town reads is outright wrong, I need to take a closer look.)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Zen, I have a question for you. Would you say your Fire Emblem play is a good indicator of your usual town play? On a similar note, is All star mafia a good indicator of your scum play? (If anyone's played with Zen a lot recently, they're welcome to answer this question as well.)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That was sort of the point of that line of questioning.

Could someone please confirm Zen's comments on his meta?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I said you were town, but then I realized your play here was a lot closer to all stars (lurkish) than it was FE(leader). I wanted to see if that was consistent or game to game. (Obviously I'd want someone else to verify it just to check, but if your meta is really game to game that shuts down that idea.)

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I'm in the same dang place I was before all this happened (who would of thunk it?). The only reads I am willing to question at this time (barring any unforseen events) are:

Nich, PLSD.

Vote PLSD

Until I see his full catchup and game views etc. I will then weigh him against Nich and vote accordingly.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
In a 13 player game you're only questioning 2 reads... really?

Definitely need to take another look at Reyth.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Nich, your points about "questioning reads" are about semantics. By "questioning my reads" I mean being willing to vote them. I feel yucky having to break this down for you.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok, I haven't played with OS before BUT I mean c'mon Link right? I mean how is Link scum? Its obviously Link beause of the song right? I am not familiar with the games but there isn't some sort of evil Link clone is there?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Pretty sure there is. Doesn't matter though.

You should only look at someone's actions/motives. Flavor and mechanics are hardly something that to be used in judging someone's alignment especially with an OS game. You just don't know.

Top Bottom