• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
yo EE, you're a man of walls and novels, could you give me some advice on how i should approach trying to make a case?

i really feel i get jumbled up and i turn down the wrong paths when i'm trying to convince people or writing a case, but the odd thing is that i major in journalism and actually am taking advanced classes of it (or have been) and i am a good writer.
Only point out what you need to point out. Granted, a lot of this is going to be in context of the game but take Zen's bull**** case on X1 in TTGL. He came into the day saying he was an expert on X1's meta and tried to pull a hugeass reaching case that wasn't even factually true (X1 does tunnel as town) and the more he was pressured on it, the more obvscum he became. I didn't need to go through D1 to find anything more on him (>implying Zen posts anything of worth on D1 ever) because, at that point, all I needed was his terrible, shoddy, stupid bull**** case to know he was scum.

The whole trick to it is to get them down to something that they can't defend. If they can defend against it with something valid (read: not everything is actually valid), then it's a null point. If it can be answered, it's not a good point. You don't want them answering your questions easily, because that's not pinning them. So, when constructing a case, look at your evidence and decide whether or not what you're saying is:
A) actually scummy
B) can easily be answered by a person
C) can be argued out in about five-ten posts.

If you take away anything fitting B and C, and your case still has some actual proof to it, you've got a decent case.

i really hate it when people tell me i can't like post pictures, or have fun with flavor, i do that **** to entertain myself at times, and i need it when i'm writing stuff like that, i have a good sense of humor with things and even in the hardest or serious subjects i like to make myself laugh in the subtlest way possible
i post reaction .gifs all the damn time. tandora got on my *** all of once and i had a reaction to her almost immediately. If anyone tells you off, tell them to knock it off.

however, having played skype maf with you, you tend to hit annoying levels with your faked restrictions. make sure what you're doing is cool or funny but not incredibly overboard. post what you want, and if they start calling you scummy for it, tell them off for it.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
i really hate it when people tell me i can't like post pictures, or have fun with flavor, i do that **** to entertain myself at times, and i need it when i'm writing stuff like that, i have a good sense of humor with things and even in the hardest or serious subjects i like to make myself laugh in the subtlest way possible
Don't listen to them Soup. No matter what, mafia is still a GAME after all, and if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong. It's why taking on the Chuckie persona is so enjoyable for me :chuckle:.

And then the Archive & MVP thread became the "Past game & the other people" thread.
The sign up thread too apparently :cool:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Evil Eye, you need to play more games. You're the only player I've ever seen that makes longer cases than I do (and as anyone who's read D1 of Time Travelers knows, that's saying a LOT). XD

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So why didn't tHe-Man get MVP for TMNT2? We basically ruled that game to the point that the MVP (Dastrn) only shot the right target because of our pushes/arguments etc =/
Thinking it should be Dastrn/tHe-Man yo

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I won that game with both my scummates dying in the beginning and I did it solely on convincing people so :p to that

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not bad play =/= mvp material, town still lost because of bad play on the part of it's members and you weren't able to seal the lynch, even though you weren't alive when it came down to it.

It takes a really AMAZING performance to get mvp when your faction loses, your was merely good.

And looking at that final lynch, OS lead town like a boss.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
no mvp for upick pokemafia lolololololol

someone needs to rename mvp because

last i checked

it meant "most valuable player" for that game

which has nothing to do with "astounding play"

herpaderp dgames

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Almost forgot.

No MVP for Awkward Moments mafia.

Although my applause goes out to Kantrip, who I seriously considered giving it to.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Almost forgot.

No MVP for Awkward Moments mafia.

Although my applause goes out to Kantrip, who I seriously considered giving it to.
special shoutouts to asdioh, who protected someone correctly for once in his life but it didn't work because scum had SUPER OVERPOWERED ROLES :mad:

but not really

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
After much thought, I have decided to give Kuz MVP for higurashi mafia.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
special shoutouts to asdioh, who protected someone correctly for once in his life but it didn't work because scum had SUPER OVERPOWERED ROLES :mad:

but not really
Nice. I protected a bp who was targeted by mafia anyways. beat that :bee: (inception mafia)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I protected the unlynchable Indy in Toohoo maf when Zen tried to NK him for us.

At that point I don't think I cared anymore, I was mostly just ****ing with him.

Axel

J|Zεη
I still should have won that.

Speaking of what I should have won. Pikmafia MvP. Wtf wuz meta-kriby smoking when he gave that out

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Archive updated. No changes on MvPs.
If I messed up on something, please say it. And also for future reference, please submit all MvPs to this thread.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll be trying to update my thingy of Mafia wins vs. Town wins.

I think Mafia still has the control over Town wins. o.o

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Don't tell X1 this but I don't get why SRB gave the MVP for Halo mafia to X1 when Swiss was basically the ones that carried us, especially considering how I just abandoned the game without warning.

oh and

No MVP for newbie 16

Swiss

Smash Lord
Don't tell X1 this but I don't get why SRB gave the MVP for Halo mafia to X1 when Swiss was basically the ones that carried us, especially considering how I just abandoned the game without warning.

oh and

No MVP for newbie 16
People often dislike giving me MVP since I have so many.

/Firstworldproblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom