• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnarok Mafia - Game over!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"INTRODUUUUUUUCING The SOUPANATER." Or rather, Soupamario replaces giraffelasergun!

Vote Count
T-block[2]: Ryker, JTB,
dabuz[1]: Gova,
Ryker[1]: Soupamario
Killstic[4]: Dark Horse, Raziek, dabuz, T-block
Raziek[1]: J
J[1]: Seikend

Not Voting: Armor, Dark Horse, J, JO_OEY, Killstiq,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is set for Monday, 8/15 at 11:59 PM EST.

How do you guys feel about a 48 hour deadline extension?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Whatever.

let's just get this started. >_>

i haven't read anything so you'll have to sit on your *** a bit longer.

#HBC | ѕoup

Reads:

Town -
Dabuz
T-block
JTB
Gova
Ryker
JO_OEY
J

Null -
Seikend
Killistic

Scum -
Dark Horse
Armor
EDIT: Raziek

Sold2: Soup's getting on the shame list for this. Don't do this again. I can assure everyone that this is what the original message said and he only changed what was noted.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote Count
Ryker[1]: Soupamario
Killstic[4]: Dark Horse, Raziek, dabuz, T-block
Interesting vote-count.

unvote
Vote: Dark horse

Armor

Smash Rookie
Armor, who are you leaning towards as being your lynch pick? By the tone of your posts you don't seem to agree to a Kill lynch. Do you agree to a TB lynch? What about a DH lynch?
Earlier i would've said Kill lynch. Now I'm not so sure, after explaining his posts rather well in his 298/299. Still leaning scummy for me, but wouldn't take much to look scummier.
/doridori
T-block saying "dabuz is town, 95% sure" makes me a little on-the-border about lynching either of them. t-block not explaining till the end of the day makes me think we could wait it out on a lynch on him.
/doridori
Don't really like seikend's logic on how we should know why his reads are what they are. Not scummy, but with logic like that, he might later become a threat to town.
/doridori

ugh...

Vote:Killstic

I don't like the idea of a killstic lynch, but I don't see a better option in front of me.

@soup curious, basis of scumread?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Disagree heavily actually. What's bad with summarizing DH's play especially since he explains most of it in his second paragraph? Do you know the definition of WIFOM by the way? Also where is this mechanical scum-hunting coming from Raz? Because he used an FoS instead of a vote that's scummy? No, it's not haha.
Summarizing the play was largely unnecessary, because he actually elaborated on very little of it. He really only elaborated on DH's attack on those who pressured T-Block. The WIFOM I referred to was this line in particular:

You are smarter than this.

FoS: Razzy

^Elaborate on that.
Elaborate on your FoS, or what I said?

Raz, tell me why I shouldn't wanna lynch you? Sum up your scum-reads please. I can't recall a strong stance from you whatsoever besides your flippant push on Kill.
Why SHOULD you want to lynch me? All you have against me is my apparent mechanical scum-hunting, and I wouldn't exactly call my action with Kill a "push". I didn't like it, and it gave me a place to park my vote.

1. Ryker - He exists in this game?
2. Gova
3. T-block - Slight Town for now.
4. Raziek
5. Seikend - Null, just got into the game.
6. Armor - NoobTown at the moment.
7. dabuz - Leaning Town now. His play is noticeably different from a BBR game he flipped scum in recently.
8. giraffelasergun Soupamario - Null for obvious reasons.
9. Killstic
10. Dark Horse
11. Terywj J - Town. You're asking a lot of questions, and playing what looks to me like typicaly TownJ
12. JO_Oey - Null for obv.
13. JTB

Leaving this incomplete, because honestly, I don't really have much in the way of a scum read right now. The players I can think of right now, haven't done anything TERRIBLY out of the ordinary aside from my annoyance with Killstic. Other than that, I'm looking at a bunch of Nulls and inactives. :/

I'd probably go with an inactive if I had to choose right now, because I'm not hella confident about much else.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
request deadline extension

lots of people v/la this weekend

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Before I comment on Raz, I'll get Soupa/Armor.

Soupa, can I ask how you did a complete read-through of the game in 20 minutes and then have what seems to be pretty confident list of reads? Also what do you mean by Armor not being trustable because that's a pretty obscure scum-read.

Armor, you didn't answer what you would feel about a DH lynch and I am actually quite shocked on your Kill vote because it seems to be pulled out of your ***. ;P Now if you don't feel like you wanna lynch him, why vote him if you have no option? You don't need to vote if you don't feel strongly about someone but a re-read on certain people would help your case.

Armor

Smash Rookie
Armor, you didn't answer what you would feel about a DH lynch and I am actually quite shocked on your Kill vote because it seems to be pulled out of your ***. ;P Now if you don't feel like you wanna lynch him, why vote him if you have no option? You don't need to vote if you don't feel strongly about someone but a re-read on certain people would help your case.
Wow, completely forgot about that part of the question. A DH lynch... Honestly, I think I was looking through some tinted glasses the first time around b/c my first impression was that he was town and making solid points against kill, but with DH's more recent points and my suspicion coming off of Kill... I'm re-reading his posts and I'll get back to you.
/doridori

The Kill vote was kinda a wagon thing. With day 1 coming closer and closer to an end, I was thinking it would either pressure Kill to make a solid case for himself, or at least lynch someone who was leaning scum for me. Kill, as a lynch, just isn't solid enough for me to say I want it. If we get that deadline extension, I'll probably retract my vote.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Summarizing the play was largely unnecessary, because he actually elaborated on very little of it. He really only elaborated on DH's attack on those who pressured T-Block. The WIFOM I referred to was this line in particular:

That's a rather absurd thing to claim at this stage in the game, and he's making a bold statement about the alignments of both players.
I'd like to bring up what you actually said because you are changing your story a bit.

Your first paragraph is just a summary of DH's play.

Second is a whole lot of WIFOM.

Then you FoS DH instead of simply voting him? Weak.

unvote

vote: Killstic
You say originally that his entire second paragraph was a whole lot of WIFOM but now it's just that one line. Which is it?

Raz said:
I disliked the way he approached things because it reminds me heavily of JTB's play in TTGL Day 1, when he pushed his bogus flavour-fishing case on me. Take something small, make a big deal of it. He's also showing unwillingness to step on people's toes, by means of that FoS. This early in the game, there's no reason not to have just thrown on a vote. It's about the intent, not simply the action.
You talk about taking something small and making a big deal when really you are being hypocritical. This teency FoS attraction you have to Acro is exactly the same thing and you are making a big deal out of a literal nothing.

Killstic said:
I think Killstic is off-base in his reasoning for thinking Dark Horse is scum. I believe I made this clear. I voted him not because I believe he is scum, necessarily, but because I don't like his current play, and I didn't like that push, nor his justification.
You don't think he's scum....yet you are voting him just because of a discrepansy towards how he plays...? What? ._. If that was the case, I'd have to vote like Soupa or Ryker every game because their playstyles are a bit weird to me and I don't necessarily agree with how they go about things. However it's not always scummy and it seems more like a cop-out answer at this point. Who else do you not like?

Raz said:
No. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Dark Horse is null to me right now, primarily because I haven't seen enough from him. The only thing that sticks out in my mind is his early aggressive play.
In my opinion, DH is one of the more active posters who has a lot of content. Why does his aggresive play stick out to you? Is it sticking out to you in a towny way or a scummy way?

Raz said:
Elaborate on your FoS, or what I said?
Yes on the FoS elaboration. You seem to have a problem with people who FoS without having a vote yet you don't call me out on it when I just did it towards you.

Raz said:
Why SHOULD you want to lynch me? All you have against me is my apparent mechanical scum-hunting, and I wouldn't exactly call my action with Kill a "push". I didn't like it, and it gave me a place to park my vote.

1. Ryker - He exists in this game?
2. Gova
3. T-block - Slight Town for now.
4. Raziek
5. Seikend - Null, just got into the game.
6. Armor - NoobTown at the moment.
7. dabuz - Leaning Town now. His play is noticeably different from a BBR game he flipped scum in recently.
8. giraffelasergun Soupamario - Null for obvious reasons.
9. Killstic
10. Dark Horse
11. Terywj J - Town. You're asking a lot of questions, and playing what looks to me like typicaly TownJ
13. JTB

Leaving this incomplete, because honestly, I don't really have much in the way of a scum read right now. The players I can think of right now, haven't done anything TERRIBLY out of the ordinary aside from my annoyance with Killstic. Other than that, I'm looking at a bunch of Nulls and inactives. :/

I'd probably go with an inactive if I had to choose right now, because I'm not hella confident about much else.
How do you personally plan to fix your problem of not having any confident reads besides your apparant TownJ read?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gova, I believe you have a post directed at me but I can't get to it now but will get to it later.

Same with Armor's most recent post.

Cloud nine is a great place to be cuz of :3. Anyways be back laaaaate tomorrow night.

Armor

Smash Rookie
Alright... I've re-read all of DH's posts.(out of context, but meh)
/doridori
The chainsaw defense was actually a pretty good catch on Kill's part, I didn't note any strong positions against people, but little attacks seemed abundant against people who were pressuring TB.
/doridori
@J To answer you, I'm not really sure how much of a scum tell that actually is... I'd like to see more from everyone really before I'd lynch DH. (Yes, I can criticize how much people post :cool:)
/doridori
God, now that DH looks scummiER Kill is starting to seem like a bad lynch.

Unvote

While I feel more reasonable, my reads are now scrambled.

On a side note, Kill, T-block, where you at? The MAJORITY of early-game content is yours, but for a few days now neither of you have posted much. (did i miss a V/LA?) Same goes for DH

Armor

Smash Rookie
9. Killstic
10. Dark Horse
Raz, wanted to address this b/c it just came off as a little peculiar. No reads on Kill or DH? (As if I can talk) Just stands out, that's all.

@J Not paying enough attention to this case against Kill to care, but words are important,
Bolded

The WIFOM I referred to was this line in particular:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How does Soupa have a town-read on Ryker....?

Armor, he said the paragraph was full of WIFOM yet he only beings up a line in it. Raz, can you show where else you saw WIFOM in the paragraph if you can?

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
Man, I had this all typed out yesterday, but SWF was having issues.

Scum:
Killstic
JTB
Ryker

Meh: Scummiest to towniest...ish
Raziek
Seikend
Armor
Soupmario
Gova

Town:
dabuz
Joey
J
Dark Horse

JTB has been lurkish under-the-radar type. He was doing stuff at the beginning of the day, but none of what he pushed was all that difficult to push, and most of it was my 133 (not saying that questioning my 133 is scummy, but that he didn't do much else). His entire play has been either voicing suspicions of me, or defending himself. The closest he comes to doing anything else is calling DH's post "lulz" in 225. Moreover, if KS flips scum, I think this will heavily incriminate JTB. As of post 278, JTB has not mentioned KS AT ALL, except to ask for his thoughts on me in 140, and only because he was on the users viewing list at the time. KS has been one of the main focuses of this game since post 163 (probably a bigger focus than me). Then he comes in with 321, still not providing input on anything KS has done, but instead just asking for a summary of the wagon so that he's poised to just hop on. Admittedly, this is a large reason for having JTB on my scum list - if KS were to flip town, I would be better with JTB, although the lurking point remains.

Ryker is probably scum because he's so inactive lol

I wish Armor weren't new. I want to call him scum so bad, but if this is his first game, I don't think I can justify that.

dabuz is playing as classic noob-town. He is trying to apply pressure and ask questions, and even if his questions aren't always that effective, they show genuine scumhunting intent. Posts like 138 and 184 strongly suggest that he is not being coached, as they are full of holes in logic, and they show no desire to blend, but instead to be on the scumhunting forefront. 275 is pretty much the same in that regard - pretty sure dabuz is playing alone here. Gonna dive into meta here, but scumdabuz tries to blend hard. He avoids taking stances and always leaves backdoors when voicing his thoughts - I see none of that here. Although, on that meta note, he is a new player, will be learning quickly, so that meta for what it's worth.

Killstic post will have to come later... I'm dead tired.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TB, can you point out where Armor is scummy to you? Why are you disregarding it because he is a noobie? Regardless of him being a n00bie or not, I see the town intent behind his posts so can you show me your train of thought on the matter?

Plus I don't agree to your logic w.r.t. JTBscum and seems to be heavily reliant on info we currently do not possess and therefore makes it weak due to conjecture. Let's say KS were to flip town, so in your mind JTB is looking better. Who replaces those two on your scum-list? I also don't really get the lurking point because he has pretty much been one of the few "active" (I use this term loosely) people in this game.

Ryker reasoning is meh but I really don't care about his slot this game because it has 0 anything from him. However there's no way to determine his alignment besides meta so I wanna wait and see what he brings to the table when he does catch up.

DabuzMeta = trash js. I also don't really get where you are saying because he is applying pressure/asking questions = town-tell? Scum can fake this quite easily, plus he did leave himself a backdoor i.e. You.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't know. I'm not you so how could I know what you think of me? If I had to guess, I'd say null becuase that's generally where you start with me. I don't remember off the top my head what Raz has done so I guess null for now. Nah, I don't really think DH is a good way to go. And yes I would lynch Seikend based off his few posts, already a contradiction that you pointed out and some action twisting.
Null-leaning town but you were close. Can you get back to me when you re-read Raz, thanks? Do you not think DH is a good way to go because you agree to his logic or is there another reason? If a wagon began to form on Seikend after you responded to this post, would you join, i.e. drop Dabuz for now?

Can you tell me what you think of Soupa's somewhat hasty jump-in? Can you tell me what you think of his justification to ArmorScum? Also what kind of vibe do you get off of Armor's unvote post w.r.t. DH>TB/Kill?

@Joey: Thank you for giving me your reasonings on GLGscum. Can you tell me what you think of his replacement's posts thus far? What do you think of his townRyker read based on what he was posting. Can you tell me how long it would take you to read this game?

@Everyone: Deadline is tomorrow and the votes are heavily obscured. I would suggest either a PL on Ryker or if people actually wanna agree to a scum-pick in like 48 hours then who? Dabuz? Kill? TB?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha contradicted myself there so lemme clarify.

Yes, I said I would like to see more from Ryker however if he is not gonna post anything of relevance before the day is over and deadline is looming closer the lynch practically everyone can agree upon is the most inactive person (i.e. Ryker). So either we buckle down and figure someone out or we just take the easy route and lynch Ryker.

I am fine with a Raz/Seik/Dabuz toDay. Not feeling DH lynch toDay since a lot of people have a strange strong town read on him so I may be looking at things a little incorrectly. ><" Need clarification on that and a possible re-read of that slot in general.

Alright that should be it for me for tonight but I'll see what I could possibly do when I get back laaaaate tomorrow evening. Sucks but eh that's the way it goes. I leave Joey/Gova in charge till then.

/doridori

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Deadline is actually in 2 days, but I thought sold was extending it, so idk.

T-block, your read on me is silly because of this

Then he comes in with 321, still not providing input on anything KS has done, but instead just asking for a summary of the wagon so that he's poised to just hop on. Admittedly, this is a large reason for having JTB on my scum list
You are calling me scummy for something that you think I might do, which is just completely ********. Did you consider that I just wanted a summary of the wagon so that I could go back and check to see if the person who summarized it was telling me everything that happened or if it was scum trying to blow something out of proportion to get me on the wagon?

Calling Ryker scum for being inactive....lol.

I'm about to read and see if T-block is dumb town or just scum.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't like soups entry posts into this game, throwing out a list of reads with no explanation for any of them does nothing at all.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Deadline extended to 8/17, a 48 hour extension!

With the replacements, the bad timing on the original deadline, and my own personal problems, I've decided to extend the day.

Vote Count
Dark Horse[1]: Soupamario
Killstic[4]: Dark Horse, Raziek, dabuz, T-block,

Not Voting: Armor, Dark Horse, JO_OEY, Killstiq,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is set for Monday, 8/17 at 11:59 PM EST.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I feel like Soupa is playing like its RVS again... :v.

Yeah I don't feel too well about Soup and he doesn't make me feel any better about GLG at all.

Soup - Can you explain all of your scum reads please? Also your read on Ryker. Your read on Ryker alone makes this list look like you took the names and used a random number generator to place people in that order ._.

:172:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@Joey: Thank you for giving me your reasonings on GLGscum. Can you tell me what you think of his replacement's posts thus far? What do you think of his townRyker read based on what he was posting. Can you tell me how long it would take you to read this game?
I didn't see the bolded when I originally asked Soup so I'll respond to that now.

Already explained how I feel about the Ryker town read. It makes me think that he used a RNG to put everyones name in a random ordered list and Ryker just appeared closer to the top.

Take ME to read this game? 2-3 hours. That includes stopping for food, stopping to turn on more j/k-pop, and stopping for IM'ing people.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Do you think anyone could do a full read of this game up to this page in let's say 20 min? Considering those things included?

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your opinion on Seik and Raz, Joey?

Soupa, clarify for us this. At the time of your reads post, had you fully read the game?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Raz feels way more like a background character this game aka hes not really involving himself in current conversation or anything. His reads look really far-fetched and I honestly wouldn't mind lynching him.

Honestly... I don't know how I feel about Seikend. I figured that I was mainly going to get my read from you vs Seikend... but I don't know how I feel about that argument yet. I need to re-read it. I'll do that soon and I'll tell you how I feel about Seikend.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Wait... maybe I was thinking about someone else @ Raziek. I need to re-read him as well. I'll update my current read on him after doing so.

-pulls out notepad-

This is srs bsns.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Seikend read:

Like his intro post. Not saying that I agree with it, but I feel like he has a legit intent of scum hunting. I wish he explained more about his reads, though. Although, the questions kinda make it obvious that he thinks those people are scummy.
Okay. I can see why he doesn't like J, and I'm definitely leaning town on him after reading through three of his posts. Lol.
I don't like what you're pushing against him actually. The questions really showed why he thought the three players were scummy, and you calling them null questions makes them seem completely worthless. :/.
Yeah throughout the rest of the argument my standpoint doesn't change at all. Not sure if this is SvT, since I don't honestly feel that you're that scummy, but I definitely have Seikend as a town read at this point. Hes also reacting very well to pressure. Don't like his vote at the end, but it doesn't change my town read too much.

#HBC | ѕoup

i read a bit, yes, but not in detail, reading sucks.

@wl
shutup *****, i'm indestructable.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Raziek:

Obviously I don't like his meta fishing or his reasonings for it. I also don't like the fact that his callout early game against T-block was really weak since it was said right after JTB and Raziek didn't go into any details about why he didn't like the reaching or how it was reaching.
236 makes me feel better about meta-fishing before. His reasonings for it were still really bad though.
Wait... 239... was he trying to put pressure on Killstic for posting a summary of DH's play when right before that the hydra was kinda leading into a summary of DH's play? >_>'! I'll admit that more than half of that second paragraph was WIFOM, but the other half was not, and putting it all at wifom makes his attack look WAY weaker. Plus the last line with "FoS DH" looks like another attempt for a weak attack.
241/243 make me feel WAY worse about him. Going into mechanichs about FoS's and stuff looks like trying to fake an attack against Killstic, which is BS. 243 was being dishonest about Killstic's second paragraph. Either he didn't read it thoroughly or hes trying to paint Killstic as scum.
244... fine with his lynch. This post looks like ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. The post said WAY MORE than those 8 words.
The rest of his argument against Killstic looks slightly stronger, but the fact that hes still depending on the same BS as before makes it worse XD.
After that huge BS argument with Killstic... and then backing down right afterwards to say that it was just an annoyance? And that read list? 3rd strongest scum read at this point.

Top Bottom