• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

shanus

Smash Hero
Anyone know of a "set damage" command? I tried 1e010100, 1e020100, and 1e040100, and none of them seemed to do anything. (Since 1e000200 is "set armour" and 1e030100 is "add damage", it made sense for a "set damage" to be nearby.)

If not, anyone have a good idea to make the damage meter show any variable's contents with frame-by-frame precision? I think that taking an unused variable, making it 0, subtracting current damage, and using Add Damage on the result would be a consistent way of setting damage to 0, but would that even work?
It does work. It's easy to do and I've done it many times.

Just do :

Float Var Set = RA-Float 5 = IC-BA2
FLoat Var Multiply = RA-FLoat 5 * -1
Add Damage RA-Float 5

You'll now be at 0 damage.

Then add whatever var you want.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Is there any particular reason for using RA-Float[5]?

Also, 1e010100: True is apparently used by Squirtle's Withdraw. Probably how he becomes immune to damage during the move.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Well, I tried it, and the required frame-by-frame precision is only there when the variable in question is always increasing. If the variable decreases at any point, then the damage meter will scroll down at 1% per frame until it gets to whatever the current damage is, which makes it useless.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Is there an event that can modify the scale of a graphic effect on each axis individually? I want to stretch a graphic effect on the y axis but leave the scale on the x and z axis unchanged. Modifying the graphic's model won't do because I want to use the same model multiple times but with a different "length" each time.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Is everything in this Collaboration thread on the wiki page they made for PSA?

cause this thread is a hard to read bible of PSA, but it's worth reading if you want to do something special :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Thanks. I wonder if there's an attribute like say 0x4C or 0x54 that could influence the vertical velocity of a midair jump.....

Magus420

Smash Master
0x02C Guard On Max Momentum
The maximum horizontal momentum you can have when entering shield.

0x034 Jump H Initial Velocity
The starting horizontal velocity the character obtains when jumping.

0x038 Jump V Initial Velocity
The starting vertical velocity the character obtains when jumping.

0x03C Ground to Air Jump Momentum Multiplier
The amount of horizontal momentum from the ground that gets added onto a jump.

0x040 Jump H Maximum Velocity
The maximum horizontal velocity the character is able to obtain at the start of a jump.

0x080 Horizontal Momentum Decay
The rate at which the character's horizontal momentum decreases on its own.

Toomai

Smash Ace
When a bone is scaled, do any hitboxes attached to it scale along with it? In both size and position (if not at [0,0,0])? Do they get distorted if the scaling is non-uniform?

Asking because some of my hitbox images only make sense if they scale, while others only make sense if they don't.

shanus

Smash Hero
The hidden actions tab in OSA2 is actually a direct correlation of "Action Exits" that are run after the matching Special Action ID.

As you can see, the number of slots match exactly.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
When a bone is scaled, do any hitboxes attached to it scale along with it? In both size and position (if not at [0,0,0])? Do they get distorted if the scaling is non-uniform?

Asking because some of my hitbox images only make sense if they scale, while others only make sense if they don't.
They move with the bones, they scale with the x scales.

Edit: Actually that might just be graphics... It was a long time ago that I tested that, I don't know whether they can scale non-uniformly.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I have tested it myself recently; as far as I can tell hitboxes do not move or scale at all with their parent bones.

Edit to avoid double post: So today I replaced the hitboxes of Meta Knight's up tilt with a single 06192f00 (enemy hitbox) so I could figure parts of it out. Problem is, nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sadly I do not have any ideas.

I have no where else to put these notes on SoundDataList, so they'll go here.
I checked Meta Knight and Mario since those are the easiest to snoop through and don't have many blank and unused SFX slots that divide by 0.

SoundDataList notes
Pack 1 = Damage Voice clip IDs
Pack 2 = More damage Voice Clip IDS?
Pack 3 = Low/Charge/Grunt Voice clips IDs
Pack 4 = Death SFX/Blasting Off/hoshikie SFX/Crowd Cheer SFX IDs
Pack 5 = otto SFX IDs
Pack 6 = FS chant IDs(sometimes -1 since it isn't randomized)

Toomai

Smash Ace
Alright, got parts of the enemy hitbox system decoded. Command 06192f00.
Code:
Int: Hitbox ID
Int: Hitbox ID part 2 (unsure what it does, but sometimes increases for each "part" of an attack, see Master Hand's Applause @a974 for an example)
Int: Bone
Int: Base damage
Scalar: Damage scale (modifies the damage based on difficulty; I think the result is then rounded or truncated)
Int: Angle
Int: Knockback growth
Scalar: Knockback growth scale
Int: Weight-based knockback
Scalar: Weight-based knockback scale
Int: Base knockback
Scalar: Base knobkack scale
Scalar: Size
Scalar: Size scale
Scalar: X Pos
Scalar: Y Pos
Scalar: Z Pos
Int: Effect (0 = normal, 2 = slash, 3 = electric, etc)
Scalar: Trip chance?
Scalar: Freeze frames
Scalar: SDI
Boolean
Boolean
Int
Int
Int
Int: Air/Ground?
Boolean
Int
Int
Boolean
Int
Int
Boolean: Shieldable
Boolean: Reflectable
Boolean: Absorbable
Int: Rehit rate
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean: Stretchy (hitbox is a tube from its origin to its XYZ position, instead of a sphere at its XYZ position)
Boolean
Int
Variable: Difficulty? (most likely holds the value that's used in the difficulty formula)

shanus

Smash Hero
Useful trick:

02090200 can be used to disable action changes after using an Allow Interrupt

So you can be like, Allow Interrupt, 02090200 0xB, 0x2773 and it will disable upBing out of the IASA

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Is this the correct thread to ask PSA related stuff or should I use this one instead?

I wanted to ask, how to assign a move to "aerial pressed taunts".

I mean, when you press D-Pad-Up in the air, and you want to get a move done, how do I do this?

Triplexh18

Smash Rookie
I don't know where to ask this but how do you remove the disabled/helpless effect for up+b moves, I want to remove this for Lucario.

I also wanted to know how to increase damage for Mario's final smash, there are no special or offensive collisions for it.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I don't know where to ask this but how do you remove the disabled/helpless effect for up+b moves, I want to remove this for Lucario.
In action 0x11c, there is a "Change action to 0x10 if in air". Replace the 0x10 (helpless) with a 0xe (fall 1) or a 0xf (fall 2). Do the same thing in action 0x11d as well as any other places you find it. (This is Lucario-specific, for other characters you'll have to look in other actions for the 0x10.)
I also wanted to know how to increase damage for Mario's final smash, there are no special or offensive collisions for it.
Yes there are, in article 0x4.

Cindercat89

Smash Rookie
Attribute 0x0CC seems to be shield strength, as in how much damage it can take before breaking.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Useful trick:

02090200 can be used to disable action changes after using an Allow Interrupt

So you can be like, Allow Interrupt, 02090200 0xB, 0x2773 and it will disable upBing out of the IASA
the first parameter is the same as in the "Allow Specific Interrupt" where 0xB stands for aerial special

but what about parameter 2? 0x2773 means "can't"? and what does other values do?

Toomai

Smash Ace
Slightly more work on enemy hitboxes (06192f00), still rather incomplete but can't think of what else there could be:

Code:
Int: Hitbox ID
Int: Hitbox ID part 2 (I believe incrementing this causes a reset of whether hitboxes with the same ID# have connected)
Int: Bone
Int: Base damage
Scalar: Damage scale (modifies the damage based on difficulty; I think the result is then rounded or truncated)
Int: Angle
Int: Knockback growth
Scalar: Knockback growth scale
Int: Weight-based knockback
Scalar: Weight-based knockback scale
Int: Base knockback
Scalar: Base knockback scale
Scalar: Size
Scalar: Size scale
Scalar: X Pos
Scalar: Y Pos
Scalar: Z Pos
Int: Effect (normal, slash, electric, flame, etc; see hitbox flags thread for list)
Scalar: Trip chance?
Scalar: Freeze frames
Scalar: SDI
Boolean (usually false)
Boolean (usually true)
Int: Shield damage
Int: SFX Level
Int: Sound type (punch, kick, burn, shock, etc; see hitbox flags thread for list)
Int: Air/Ground?
Boolean
Int
Int
Boolean
Int
Int
Boolean: Shieldable
Boolean: Reflectable
Boolean: Absorbable
Int: Rehit rate
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean
Boolean: Stretchy (hitbox is a tube from its origin to its XYZ position, instead of a sphere at its XYZ position)
Boolean
Int
Variable: Difficulty? (most likely holds the value that's used in the difficulty formula)

Cindercat89

Smash Rookie
So you mean, it's what slows you down if you're falling faster than your max falling speed? Or is it always in effect (meaning gravity fights it all the time)?
It seems to be all of the time or at least whenever you are not fastfalling. I need to do more testing but it does not seem to have much effect on the speed you fall during a fastfall but it is quite noticeable otherwise. It's a lot like how the horizontal air friction works as far as I can tell, just for vertical speed.

Cindercat89

Smash Rookie

Magus420

Smash Master
I added 0x024 Grounded Max Horizontal Velocity, 0x0A8 Frames to Turn Around, 0x18C Water Buoyancy, and 0x2DC Weight Independent Throw Speed to that sheet. Also fixed a number of the existing ones to use more accurate names.

Cindercat89

Smash Rookie
I added 0x024 Grounded Max Horizontal Velocity, 0x0A8 Frames to Turn Around, 0x18C Water Buoyancy, and 0x2DC Weight Independent Throw Speed to that sheet. Also fixed a number of the existing ones to use more accurate names.
Interesting. I never actually tested the acceleration/stopping speed variables to see if they were what they said they were but you are right; both of them seem to affect both acceleration and deceleration. There must be some reason for there to be two for the same thing though so I am going to see if I can possibly figure out what the difference is.

D

Deleted member

I finally figured out my problem!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamek24

Smash Rookie
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there's a variable that indicates what character each player is using that I could make use of in PSA in an If/Else statement?

Top Bottom