• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
agreed with slhoka. i stayed in cali for 2 weeks after genesis. it was great. i wouldnt have gone just for genesis 2.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i want to bang my head against a wall everytime i talk to 90% of people about melee.

i consider myself pretty intelligent, but theres no way 90% are this stupid. i refuse to believe it.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
crush the psycho analyst.

people just dont seem to know anything, like about anything.

people saying mango wouldnt get top 10 at genesis.

people talking MU's that are just blatantly wrong.

ive honestly stopped keeping track of exactly what people say since some dip**** said mango cant get top 10 at genesis 2. i just have the leftover rage from every conversation.

crush

Smash Master
crush the psycho analyst.

people just dont seem to know anything, like about anything.

people saying mango wouldnt get top 10 at genesis.

people talking MU's that are just blatantly wrong.

ive honestly stopped keeping track of exactly what people say since some dip**** said mango cant get top 10 at genesis 2. i just have the leftover rage from every conversation.
I have a feeling that eating more yogurt will solve this problem

:phone:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol i missed you peef!
and ryankam

and why complain, you have like a guaranteed chaingrab on falcon right?
No guaranteed chaingrabs on Falcon, except handoff which is guaranteed on everyone near the ledge except pichu.

0Room

Smash Lord
I attend both Genesis events, and I never made it through the pools, partly because I'm bad, partly because I screwed up.

But it was awesome nevertheless. Why ? Simply because the competitive aspect wasn't THAT important. I met awesome people and had fun with them. I did some sighseeing, had some cool activities, etc…

If you go abroad to attend a smash tournament, you don't have to merely see it as a smash tournament. I see it more like vacations with a tournament + (usually free) housing by cool people who share the same passion. And THAT is what makes me pay so much ;)
Perhaps
I understand that for sure

I guess it's just a difference in philosophy

No guaranteed chaingrabs on Falcon, except handoff which is guaranteed on everyone near the ledge except pichu.
Ah I see
Cf/IC is really fun imo
Lmao I think almost all of the match ups are fun I just realized that

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
i just realized i've played and beaten all the top icies in europe except for bËst lol
the european ic metagame is pretty weak

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
my list made out of first hand experience
1. smasher89
2-4. bËst/däumling/smakis
ashura would be up there but he quit afaik

smasher89 is the best overall but suffers from consistency problems as well as having some bad matchups (some of which he's recently learnt to cope with)

däumling is probably the most consistent of them all and has a firm grasp on most matchups

bËst seems to be about the same as däumling from what ive seen except he's better at wobbling

smakis is hyper explosive and is ridiculous vs fox (having beaten professor pro and pasi in tournament and also came very close to beating ivp at beast 2), good vs falcon and slightly below the rest in the other matchups. his fox and falcon game is probably the best though. he also has the most consistent grab punishes from what ive seen

Slhoka

Smash Lord
my list made out of first hand experience
1. smasher89
2-4. bËst/däumling/smakis
ashura would be up there but he quit afaik

smasher89 is the best overall but suffers from consistency problems as well as having some bad matchups (some of which he's recently learnt to cope with)

däumling is probably the most consistent of them all and has a firm grasp on most matchups

bËst seems to be about the same as däumling from what ive seen except he's better at wobbling

smakis is hyper explosive and is ridiculous vs fox (having beaten professor pro and pasi in tournament and also came very close to beating ivp at beast 2), good vs falcon and slightly below the rest in the other matchups. his fox and falcon game is probably the best though. he also has the most consistent grab punishes from what ive seen
Ever played Ashura ? At SNY, Aniolas said he was the best.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
played him pools @ sny and beat him 2-0

i sucked even more than i do now back then and probably just got lucky/he sandbagged
i think he was about tied with smasher89 though

Windrose

Smash Lord
Just got back from a huge East coast canadian tournament (STYC 2)

All I have to say is...

NOOOOOO wenbobular........ =( I got ***** by a luigi in friendlies :( It was only one match on fountain of dreams though... T_T

I couldn't do any of the things that you said to do like knee luigi after he side-b's

He kept doing wave dash up smash and I was just being stupid and running into it. I hope this doesn't give you constipation from reading this fail.

My johns:
-i wasn't trying my hardest because it was a friendly =(
-fountain of dreams is bad

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
So like, in the common situation where Luigi hits you with something at low percent, and you land near him...

he can cover tech in place/missed tech/techroll towards as a group. Luigi spaces himself so that you land at the end of his dsmash range. He reacts to missed tech/tech in place with dsmash, and if you roll through him, he can just dash and regrab, or walk and dsmash, also on reaction. (he could jab reset a missed tech if he wanted to as well).

He can also cover tech in place/missed tech/techroll away as a group in that situation as well, by wavedashing past the spot where you land and timing a turn around dsmash. The front part will be timed so it hits the missed tech/tech in place, and if you techroll, then the back part hits it cause Luigi's still sliding.

So in that situation, its sort of like how Falcon can do two sets of 3/4 option coverages with side B. You can minimize his ability to cover options by DIing smashes and stuff so you land farther away from him, though.

I don't think these things are very commonly used so its all a moot point anyway

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Dsmash tech in place / missed tech on reaction, run back to grab the techroll, can't cover the tech away

*Edit*
Somehow I skipped post where Winston explained it ... zzz

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
But you don't need one with falcon, it's really simple...

the side B 3/4 I mean.

Falcon's other 3/4 option coverages are like, near the edge, you can guess the tech in place/tech back and still get the techroll away

Also late uair lets you cover techrolls with regrab

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if the side B thing is so foolproof and hits 3/4's of options, why don't falcons just always go for the side b? (unless they will sd lulz)

75% of the time it works every time.

Top Bottom