• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So if Falcon wants to be effective at higher levels his DD needs not only be mixed up but used at different positions and locations. Different movement like jumps and WDs done out of his DD should make him more tricky to read and ultimately force more baits which is great because Falcon usually can't make it all on approaches alone(but that part could be subject to change as Mango and Darkrain exist).

0Room

Smash Lord
So if Falcon wants to be effective at higher levels his DD needs not only be mixed up but used at different positions and locations. Different movement like jumps and WDs done out of his DD should make him more tricky to read and ultimately force more baits which is great because Falcon usually can't make it all on approaches alone(but that part could be subject to change as Mango and Darkrain exist).
lmao that was random

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
He was writing it for himself I think for the most part, maybe also in hopes of getting us to discuss for his own personal reason's (trying to **** twitch with Falcon again, apparently he twitchy learned or something) or for other reason's (trying to get some good competitive discussion going being that the school season is starting).

Soooooooo yea

not too random

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
While I agree that alternating your DD patterns is obviously helpful for tricking your opponent into worse spots, I worry that doing it anywhere other than the main stage (platforms) might be really dangerous. All of the top/high tiers have good moves that either poke through platforms (Marth's Utilt/Falco's Uair etc) or strong front/diagonal front up hit boxes (Sheik's Fair/Ganon's Fair/Uair/Marth's Fair etc) which can be done from a short hop. Basically my worry is: Why put Falcon (arguably the easiest to combo character) above people when he doesn't have any strong/fast hitboxes below him? His stomps lose or don't come out fast enough so it seems like there are few times when they would chase a DD'ing onto the platform if they could just get under him.

I could see this strategy working well with shield/shai drops though, but I haven't used them enough midmatch to test it. DD -> Shield/Shield DI -> Shield drop Bair if they try to poke from below?

I definitely agree about using WD out of DD and alternating SH/FHs. I learned to be abuse that stuff because of Falco's jump height and I think it more or less works with Falcon for similar reasons (good weight/jump height/fall speed).

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Why would the timer have anything to do with changing the probability with stitch faces? Seems like a joke... why would they code that in there? If timer value of a certain digit = x then change probability of turnip pulling? I think yay and mike G need to lay off the rocks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
While I agree that alternating your DD patterns is obviously helpful for tricking your opponent into worse spots, I worry that doing it anywhere other than the main stage (platforms) might be really dangerous. All of the top/high tiers have good moves that either poke through platforms (Marth's Utilt/Falco's Uair etc) or strong front/diagonal front up hit boxes (Sheik's Fair/Ganon's Fair/Uair/Marth's Fair etc) which can be done from a short hop. Basically my worry is: Why put Falcon (arguably the easiest to combo character) above people when he doesn't have any strong/fast hitboxes below him? His stomps lose or don't come out fast enough so it seems like there are few times when they would chase a DD'ing onto the platform if they could just get under him.

I could see this strategy working well with shield/shai drops though, but I haven't used them enough midmatch to test it. DD -> Shield/Shield DI -> Shield drop Bair if they try to poke from below?

I definitely agree about using WD out of DD and alternating SH/FHs. I learned to be abuse that stuff because of Falco's jump height and I think it more or less works with Falcon for similar reasons (good weight/jump height/fall speed).
Those other characters are slow and easy to see coming. If they try to hit you then they are committing and your DD was successful. Besides I don't think I mentioned platform DD'ing but even if I did then I think it has plenty of uses and partially for reasons like your mindset it can be easier to force commitment or at least the sense that stage can be taken since Falcon isn't on the bottom taking it.

Stomp is also amazing from up high. Do it early enough and the move stays out a while and everything. Super sick move that playing with Ali has taught me I should explore more. Does this make him safe in stun or in combo position(he's been hit already) above people? No. Does it make him hard to approach when he's above people or give him a unique way to attack from up high? I think so.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
These will be updated during the week because I have a lot of things to do tonight but early this week hopefully we can get it done.

KARN AND SNEAK

when are you guys available? I can work with your schedules.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah guys go to that tourney I'm goin and we're playin Melee and I'll train bits if they want or play cool characters like jiggypluff

or mario

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey Karn hit me up tomorrow on aim again(at night because I'll be busy during the afternoon...can be like 8-9 or whatever if you prefer) so we can work on this. Sneak and I got a lot done tonight.

lord karn

Smash Master
Hey Karn hit me up tomorrow on aim again(at night because I'll be busy during the afternoon...can be like 8-9 or whatever if you prefer) so we can work on this. Sneak and I got a lot done tonight.
Ok, cool. I get done with training for this Kaplan thing at like 9:30 or 10 so it will be some time after that.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i like the idea of a smash documentary (whatever happened to smash doc???)

but uhh....

the pilot was mad cheezy. i'm referring to the interviews in particular. i had trouble keeping myself from alt+f4'ing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Smash: The doc is just going really slowly but supposedly it's still happening(so my sleuthing tells me).

He's getting actual players for the future ones LOL.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
ok good cuz those guys sucked.

and i think the smash doc has to find a way to fill in for the zelgadis interview that i'm sure they're not going to include anymore lollersnogz

Top Bottom