• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Second thumbstick should've been there from the beginning.

Developers have put in a lot of money and effort to support the 3DS only for Nintendo to make some them take a huge step back.

Don't be surprised if some of them decide to eat lunch with Sony.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I were a developer I'd have coffee with Microsoft, Lunch with Sony and have dinner with Nintendo

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ If you already own Starfox 64, you might waste your money, but the updated graphics makes it so worth it though. D=

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not really. The "updated graphics" are better looking backdrops and the Arwings look slightly better, the overall graphics haven't changed that much to be considered buy-able based off of that factor alone. The voice cast isn't even the same, even though they say THE EXACT SAME LINES! (Good bye childhood). And the game seems 10 times easier than it was on the 64.

I want my money back.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You bought a game that was so blatant in announcing its status as a remake that it left the "64" in the title. In addition, it's obviously easier considering there's a "3DS Mode" and an "N64 Mode" in the game. Guess which one is the real mode?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd say the 3DS is worth it, at least since I've never played the game but I heard it a great game, if it does have a "64" version then I say it's worth every cent since it has two versions as well as the updated graphics and renders as well.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You bought a game that was so blatant in announcing its status as a remake that it left the "64" in the title. In addition, it's obviously easier considering there's a "3DS Mode" and an "N64 Mode" in the game. Guess which one is the real mode?
The 3DS mode says in it's description it's made easier so people can play with the gyroscope since it's harder to do

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Before I go out and buy SF643DS, does it have online mode? I heard it does, and I heard it doesn't. confirmation?

Edit: Nvm, got the confirmation that it doesn't have online play. That is a HUGE blow to whether or not I'll get it... Ehh... It's fun, I love SF64, but idk if it will get too repetitive or not... Like, OoT3DS, I beat regular twice, and master quest once, nothing more to do. SF643DS will most likely be the same if they didn't add anything newer.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Not really. The "updated graphics" are better looking backdrops and the Arwings look slightly better, the overall graphics haven't changed that much to be considered buy-able based off of that factor alone. The voice cast isn't even the same, even though they say THE EXACT SAME LINES! (Good bye childhood). And the game seems 10 times easier than it was on the 64.

I want my money back.
Uh, what were you expecting?

theeboredone

Smash Legend

I want my money back.
This is why you do game research ahead of time lol. A 40 dollars well spent, huh?

☯ If you already own Starfox 64, you might waste your money, but the updated graphics makes it so worth it though. D=
If updated graphics are your only reason to invest 30 more dollars, take off those nostalgia glasses and look at the fact you're just getting ripped off ^_^.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is why you do game research ahead of time lol. A 40 dollars well spent, huh?

If updated graphics are your only reason to invest 30 more dollars, take off those nostalgia glasses and look at the fact you're just getting ripped off ^_^.
I've never owned Starfox 64. I only played it at a friends house

My only problem with how short the game is, but you can't go through every planet in 1 playthrough, and there are multiple ways to complete most levels

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Getting ripped off isn't something that is defined by someone else. If someone buys a game for any reason, and enjoys that game, how are they getting ripped off?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Obviously they're getting ripped off because they're getting more enjoyment out of it than how much someone else thinks they should be getting.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Getting ripped off isn't something that is defined by someone else. If someone buys a game for any reason, and enjoys that game, how are they getting ripped off?
It's definitely opinion and feeling based, but I honestly do think 40 bucks for a graphical update is certainly a rip off, no matter what game it is and what kind of following it has.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So is starfox 643DS worth it or not then? Let's say I'm not a nostalgia head because I hadn't heard of the game until years after launch later (keep in mind I was only like 5 by the time they were already transitioning to GC), but I downloaded the game on Virtual Console and I thoroughly enjoyed it for the gameplay, story, and replayability. I don't care much at all for online and I wouldn't mind much if it was just a graphical remake since the game is portable. Would this be considered a rip off considering what others have said?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's Starfox 64 with better graphics and local multiplayer on the 3DS. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Use your brain, Fuelbi. You just listed every possible reason to NOT get the game.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I will, but only when it goes on sale. I want the game, but I don't want it that badly.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I approve for kid icarus uprising. Pit is like link with the ability to fly.

CONFIRMED GAME TITLES:
Super Mario 3D Land
MarioKart 7

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Uh, what were you expecting?
Something better. :(

:urg:

How is this a problem?
A few reasons. Other than the obvious nostalgic value it brings to the table, the new voice actors are horrible. They speak as if they don't know how to enunciate. In some cases they randomly raise the pitch of their voice in the middle of a sentence. It's really irritable.

You mean that you're better at video games as an adult then when you were a kid? How shocking.
I actually still have my 64 and played SF64 on it about a few months ago.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
FYI, most of the VAs are the same I believe. It's just they don't have that practice anymore. Kinda like when I heard a recent clip of Johnny Bosch trying to impersonate Vash from Trigun after all those years.

Though I heard Andross "ha ha ha" laugh is pathetic.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Woah woah woah. I hope someone didn't bash Rachel a few posts up. Rachel's my girl dawg.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So is starfox 643DS worth it or not then? Let's say I'm not a nostalgia head because I hadn't heard of the game until years after launch later (keep in mind I was only like 5 by the time they were already transitioning to GC), but I downloaded the game on Virtual Console and I thoroughly enjoyed it for the gameplay, story, and replayability. I don't care much at all for online and I wouldn't mind much if it was just a graphical remake since the game is portable. Would this be considered a rip off considering what others have said?

Why let someone else decide what you would like? you've played the game and enjoyed it and just said wouldn't mind if nothing much was added.

so why even ask?

Top Bottom