• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT #10 Results (September 10th, 2011 in Lubbock, TX)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
This tournament was a huge success!!! :):):):) The attendance at this tenth edition of DMT shatters the best record turnout with 53 entrants!! We only hope this isn't the last time we ever reach a crowd this size. It was certainly a very satisfying tournament for us overall. Doubles were really hyped up, I guess a lot of our energy was used up by then so we were pretty tired by the time singles started. :urg: I wish we had recorded more matches...RESULTS...NOW! :

Bracket
Doubles (25 teams)

1: Texas Tornados (Bad Karma & 69Dude) :metaknight: & :metaknight:
2: Weegee (Dakpo & Ginko) :zerosuitsamus: & :marth:/:wario:
3: Exploding Kirbs (Phil & SuperKing???) :snake: & :kirby2:
4: White Buffalo :metaknight: & :mario2:
5: Pikapika (Purple and Red) :wolf: & :diddy:
5: God Tier? (FTP & Nomad) :ganondorf: & :ganondorf:
7: What,,,,,,,EVER :jigglypuff: & :lucario:
7: The Stuffed Animals
9: Thunder f*ck
9: Double Fisting Robots (Turdox & Willie) :sheik: & :rob:
9: Bii
9: Purple Jellybeans
13: Legends
13: Team Matt Damon
13: Team BBQ
13: Alpha Kenny Buddy
17: C-Stickers
17: The lower back tatoos
17: Black and Blue
17: Blue and Gold
17: Call of Duty is better
17: I don't care 2.0
17: No clue
17: Team we didnt think that far
25: I dont Care

Bracket
Singles (53 players)

1: Dakpo :zerosuitsamus:
2: 69Dude :metaknight:
3: Phil :snake: :olimar:
4: Ginko :marth:
5: Bad Karma :dedede: :popo: :metaknight:
5: SuperKing??? :kirby2: :pit:
7: Andre :mario2:
7: Turdox :rob:
9: Nomad :diddy: :ganondorf: :wario:
9: FTP :yoshi2: :dk2: :samus2:
9: Drinkee :pikachu2:
9: Red :wolf:
13: Rio :lucario:
13: 6:30 :kirby2:
13: It3m
13: Alex T :ike:
17: Purple :diddy:
17: Colin :dedede: :snake:
17: Crouchasaur
17: James C :link2:
17: Mean Green Luigi :luigi2:
17: Brnd :jigglypuff:
17: Beast
17: Thor
25: Niko
25: Dakpoh :sheik:
25: XELA
25: Oden
25: Dobber
25: Ryan the Terrible
25: Magical Toast
25: Child's Play
33: Mimi
33: Tedy
33: Roy
33: Simba
33: Mose :mario2: :pikachu2:
33: Cole W
33: Blue
33: Scrub
33: Ryan S
33: Kevin
33: Ricky
33: Damon
33: Bobs
33: Llama in a hat
33: Xiphen
33: Cambridge S
49: Justin
49: FBGN
49: Greg
49: Mr. Black
49: Chris

Thank you all Tech students for coming out to this! You made this our largest tournament EVEEEERRRR!!!!! Amarillo, as always it was a pleasure having you guys over. We still have that crew battle waiting....soon. very.. very... soon!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
This was hosted on campus at Texas Tech, a very big campus might I add and we posted flyers at all the dorms so there were a ton of new people! Oh, and it was free to enter...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Ok, two things we have to do next time -> Remember character's used & Invite players to the facebook group. Otherwise, I think having the rules and stage list printed out was a good idea.

Shoutouts to Phil (BooM TX),
YOUR FALCO IS SSSOOOOO FREEEE!!!!
Dude, good job beating BadKarma in Winner's, thanks for all your help and the prize support too!

Kyle (Magnuslee): GREEN GREENS!!! Never fails to be one of your counterpicks... >_>

Nomad (Nomadic Ace): Dude, we almost had them! We would've eliminated them too since team Weegee was in Loser's already. Dakpo too good!

Amarillo crew: You guys better be ready for a crew battle, we're not going to be taking it so easy on you all. This is coming from Nolan, Me, Kyle and Andre who lost to an Amarillo player in the tourney. Prepare to accept DEFEAT next time!

To all new players: Don't be discouraged. For anyone who was taking their matches seriously and were just overwhelmed at the odds against you, take this advice, "We have all been there." It's a matter of playing a lot (especially with experienced players) and not to mention the motivation to get better. If you happen to read this and want to improve your game, come hang with the Lubbock crew anytime. "Lubbock Super Smash Bros" on Facebook.

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
I played Ganon and Wario in singles. And took a metaknight to brinstar as diddy (I am not scurred)!

To everyone who attended thanks for a great tourney, I enjoyed every match I played. If any of the Tech kids read these, you guys impressed me. Just remember it is just a game and have fun!

Alex, next time do not worry about Dakota's feelings. It is okay if he loses to a first time player, I promise!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I played Ganon and Wario in singles. And took a metaknight to brinstar as diddy (I am not scurred)!

To everyone who attended thanks for a great tourney, I enjoyed every match I played. If any of the Tech kids read these, you guys impressed me. Just remember it is just a game and have fun!

Alex, next time do not worry about Dakota's feelings. It is okay if he loses to a first time player, I promise!
  • Gawd, MK on brinstar?? Hope you like dying at 60% from shuttle loops to the sides >.<
  • I think we almost convinced some people I was a first time player right before we played in doubles and then everyone figured it out.
  • Dakota realized he almost lost, that's why he stepped out after that set. Humiliation goes a long way. :yoshi2:

Top Bottom