• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Lancer is broken, hammerburst sucks now, Retro Lancer is kay. Like a Shotgun up closed except you don't hold the trigger EVER (Unless they're running towards you so that even the crosshairs size won't matter since the bullets will still hit.)

Lancer > Retro Lancer > Hammerburst.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Lancer is broken, hammerburst sucks now, Retro Lancer is kay. Like a Shotgun up closed except you don't hold the trigger EVER (Unless they're running towards you so that even the crosshairs size won't matter since the bullets will still hit.)

Lancer > Retro Lancer > Hammerburst.
The Hammerburst is bad now? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :(

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hammerburst is really bad. Retro got a **** ton of recoil now, and the Lancer is pretty much the best AR to use.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Sawed Off isn't fun, but it's better. Gnasher is a lot more fun.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Got bored and decided to play GoW3 online on my brothers account.
This is what i've learned from playing 2 matches so far.

They've fixed the Gnasher but If it's Sawed off Vs Gnasher, you'll lose 99% of the time since the Gnasher was fixed while the Sawed off is like "derp You may finally be fixed after three years, BUT THEY INVENTED ME TO BE THE NEW BROKEN WEAPON"
Basically if you ever get the idea of doing Gnasher vs Sawed off, the outcomes will either be you both die by some miracle, you of course die, or the player using it has horrible Blindfiring and somehow misses you as you shoot him in the face.

another two things, Sniper scope is dumb but you can get people behind cover standing still, and Incendiary grenades kill upon impact. (Surprised me when I died to it)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I use Lancer/Gnasher.

The SO is just terrible now due to the fact that people are savvy to it, I quickly got bored of getting one kill at a time when the Gnasher is just a buffed SO.

Out of all the starting weapons yesterday I think the only gun that killed me less was the Retro.

Mad World playing on Gridlock is kinda cool too.

:phone:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
People, you ate doing it wrong the retro lancer is still the best gun in the game. The regular lancer is beast, but all you have to do is get used to the recoil. Ive only used the retro so far and the recoil aint a thang to me.
My friends felt the same way as u, lancer > retro, then we played vs each other and i used retro and at the end of the match they agreed with me.

Seriously, if that thing hits u 3 times you cant recover from that, its still too good.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Retro lancer is good and all, but that's the problem with most people.
They never got use to the recoil of GoW2's hammerburst when you shoot quickly so they're sure as hell not gonna get use to the Retro lancers recoil/Crosshair expanding while shooting, in the span of almost 2 days of the game being out.

Give it time and eventually you'll see Retro/lancer everywhere. (Though I actually know idiots who say the hammerburst is the best just cause of being able to see through the sight and no recoil...)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
More like Lancer/Gayed Off for me :p

God I can't wait to start getting all the hate mail once I get used to this game
Ditto, can't wait to get my copy next week! :)

Eh the sawed off wasn't even fun to use. Gnasher all day, plus it has longer range.
Nahhhhh sawed off all day err day. Just don't miss or you're probably going to die.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
9 More matches this afternoon but an extra loss added on unfortunately.

Yeah I'm still not seeing how people are getting killed by the SO, not once did that gun kill me this afternoon, it just seems that the lancer is dominating right now but it'll most likely be a tad nerfed soon so the Hammerburst can have it's niche.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I get killed by the sawed off all the time, im still rockin the Gears 1 status:

Spawn -> switch to shotgun.
Sometimes i keep the retro out, but usually only if i know im playing vs a bunch of campers.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I got the limited edition from amazon but idk where the savage kantus code and the infected omen skins are. I found the Adam Fenix code though.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Tim, that's for Griffin

Edit: Also I don't think you get infected omen skins with limited because I didn't read anything about those skins on the box. Also Savage Kantus code was in an email from Amazon, so its all good.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah you're right you only get Infected Omen from Epic Edition, the Xbox, the controller or buying a 1200 weapon skin pack, though they may have changed that because the Haze skin was free for a while due to a glitch and I'm sure this is a glitch too.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just got a pretty **** Gnasher triple on...
Sandbar?
This game is too good.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Flame Retro is a glitch, you get it when you unlock the gold lancer and hammy, you're not supposed to but I dunno if they're going to stop people from getting it in the future or take it away from people that already have it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Honestly. This MP is so bad.

I shoot somebody from a foot away with the gnasher right in the chest and nothing happens, then they shoot me from further away and down me in one shot. It makes no sense.

And not to mention, if they're not using the gnasher, which they never are, it's the sawed off and it kills me from a mile away! Yay this is so much fun. CoD needs to come out and take a massive dump all over this garbage excuse for a game.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
BK, it has to be your connection, because there is no magic factor that makes it so other people have more range than you.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Your connection speed affects you if you're playing on dedicated servers OR a host system.
You see, connection SPEED is often overlooked. You can be playing Blops, for example, and be 4 barring, but still have a horrid connection and you can still get hit by Wanted Pro.

And BKpro, I know you don't have a TON of gears experience, but you have to play the **** out of any gears game before anything makes sense.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I'm so happy. I'm having such a blast abusing the **** out of every weapon in this game. I went on a 9 streak just from using the Lancer and spawn camping the other team (trust me that 3 second spawn barrier isn't as useful as one thinks it'd be if they can't pass me at spawn lol). I got about maybe 4 chainsaws in a row because people can't aim their Gayed Offs for **** and kept missing me and then the remaining 5 I just camped near their spawn and I just waited for them to step out lol

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Lmao, no, it's not because I suck. I've played gears for 2 and a half years now and this one takes the cake. Killing people that have the sawed off with the gnasher is borderline impossible, and the sawed off is like a danger close tube from MW2 - hit the right trigger once and you win the game every time.

Gnasher doesn't do anything for me unless I body someone. Pumping clean shots into people ferdayzzzz then I get downed instantly with a single shot, woop yeboi. Fun stuff. Can't wait for november 11th. :awesome:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Probably should. Dedicated servers doesn't mean everyone has a perfect connection, which is what everyone thinks for some reason. This game still has lag just like GoW2 did, just not to such an extreme extent.

They won't ever fix the problems this game has anyways, patching games is out of style now or something these days. I personally don't find it satisfying to get blown away by a 6 man sawed off shotgun team every time I play, but that's just me.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Why not just stay away from enemies that have sawed off shotguns and use a longer range weapon?
You have no way of telling they have a sawed off in the first place. Also, if you let yourself get downed by a long range weapon, you're doing something wrong already. That's not really an option to kill someone hiding behind a corner with a shotgun.

Or use a SO yourself.
I never do that. When people in MW2 tube, I don't tube back. That would make me pretty hypocritical. I like playing the game fair and not being a tool.

S

smash brawl player 99021

He and I have used it plenty of times, it's just not fun. I don't enjoy using it, but I'll still do well with it. I'd rather have fun Gnasher battles instead of one-shotting everypony.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The thing with the SO is that it's skill level caps incredibly quickly. You can hide, one shot someone, and run away. That's it. While it helps people get used to the game it's useless for people who know how to use a shotgun properly as it's just a bad version of the Gnasher.

Like I honestly can't fathom how you can get killed by it so much. This entire day I must've been killed with it about 5 or 6 times, and half was in situations with me just being too cocky, and the other half with them sneaking up behind me. The gun can't even down people unless they're incredibly red now I think.

Top Bottom