• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACL FINALS - Brisbane - Sept. 24th/25th- $500+ Brawl Pot

Confirm Attendance

• Total voters

Scrubs

Smash Lord
ok so some like pretty lame news

mangos passport has like taken too long and its looking next to impossible to get him here in time for ACL

yes we've tried speeding things up, but theres just nothing else we can do now bar wait and hope.

I'm not sure if ill go to ACL myself, but thats not due to mango, here's the alternate solutions I propose:

A: I go to ACL, and I sponsor one QLD melee player back that was not going to go to BAM originally (probably syke)

B: I don't go to ACL and instead i sponsor two qld players down (syke +1) to come to BAM

either solution has a QLD player being housed/staying with me for whenever they come down.

I'm pretty shafted aswell, I can't change my annual leave (its too close to the date) but yeah sucks to be qld I guess.

Mango will be coming to melb for more than a week though still, its looking like he will get here just before bam, then leave at least two weeks later.

opinions?

Also no, I'm not going to go into detail about what has made things fail. Just rest assured that nothing can make the passport come faster at this point.
Noooo

Wanted to play mango....

I will halve my flights to Melb with you phil

Remastered

Smash Lord
coolies.

although brinstar is NOT conservative. hell, it's banned pretty much everywhere now. in tournaments that allow mk, anyway.
It is now yeah, but that is provided that rainbow cruise is included, which it isn't in our current ruleset. I can assure you though that Brinstar has had a hard look at in the recent discussion group.

I hate the stage personally, Olimar 2g on Brinstar. Plus it's bad for my IC's and D3 too. I think the stage would be fine if it didn't have the attackable split in the middle.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Rainbow cruise has majority ban now, btw. As does Brinstar.

But only because of mk. Hope you get a chance to play earl there lolol

:phone:

S.D

Smash Master
What the ****.

That's soooo gay.

I was only going to ACL to play Mango coz I know the chances of me being able to make BAM are next to zero.

sigh

I know it's noones fault but **** it makes me mad.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
What the ****.

That's soooo gay.

I was only going to ACL to play Mango coz I know the chances of me being able to make BAM are next to zero.

sigh

I know it's noones fault but **** it makes me mad.
Seconded, this is really lame news :/ Oh well, nothing to be done about it now I guess...

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
mango is a person? i thought we were chipping in for a fruit basket or something.
yeah after party. probably vyses since thats where some people r staying =P dont take my word for it tho.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
only melbournian attending is leisha
ted gunna laugh all the way to the bank

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Our larger tournaments are the same time every year....if you cant schedule yourself around that something is up on your end.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I don't recall qld holding a major the week before robocop last year.

Not blaming anyone, just saying that's why there was poor oos representation.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hai.

Apollo and jaice are playing in the losers semis. Scott is waiting on the winner of those and ted is in grand final.

The rest of the results are

5th meteor
5th ad3pt
7th leisha
7th jesmo
9th smoking pup, vyse arrow and SD

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
So Swordsaint just told me he wasn't coming tomorrow. Did you not have a teammate for melee Ted? Wanna team up? :p

Btw, can anyone tell me what time I should be at the venue tomorrow for melee? I have to get a cab over there so any help would be much appreciated planning-wise.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
@attila
uh yeah they were cause acl was just slotted into springsmash or whatever its normally called which is around the same 2 week period every year
from what i understand acl only started this year thats why we wouldnt have had a "major" at this time

regardless neither bam or acl are really going to be that much of a national

aanyhow ted won

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
damn I kinda wanted scoot to win, underdog hype

still, nsw top 2 yeahuzz

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
haha, well dont mean to rub it in scoot but I told you, you still cant see the forest for the tree's :)
you didnt 'beat' ted at the last nsw tourney, knocking him into losers bracket isnt the same as beating him, past experiance should have told you that.

good job tedophile, and jaice and ricky and ****.

Remastered

Smash Lord
ACL (Springsmash) Brisbane:

Brawl Singles:

1. Tedeth
2. Scoot
3. Jaice
4. Apollo
5. Ad3pt
5. M
7. Jesmo
7. Leish
9. SD
9. Smoking Puppy
9. Arrow
9. Vyse
13. Calibur
13. R4VEN
13. Aerodrome
13. Toki
17. Gords
17. Zydro
17. PikaNinja
17. Blade
17. Spooky Gengar
17. GrandJason
17. (If anyone can remember who else came 17th, please tell me because the file corrupted)
25. Sword Demon

Brawl Doubles:
1. Ted & Scoot
2. Jaice & Matt
3. Smoking Puppy & SD
4. Blade & lvl 1 Ganon
(If anyone can tell me the other placings for doubles that would be amazing too)

Thanks all, Shout outs later.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I came 13th with random, above Blade ololol

I also came 4th in doubles with Blade, but I don't want to be mentioned with what I did today in doubles, so just put hes name with lv1 ganon

Top Bottom