• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I can't type "this" enough.
u:salt:? :troll:
-

Btw, what should we do this Sunday? Does anyone have a tournament-idea in mind? From what I have seen Timmy suggested a battle tourney, and there was talk about a baby tourney. Any more ideas? Karts only? etc

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
x) I would never do such a thing~

Bowser is fun to use, but I actually experimented with Donkey Kong yesterday since my dog sat on my controller and chose him, and he's pretty solid.

I'll probably join races shortly, adding in old/current tourney results to op
Finally someone believes me, Jesus Christ, I've been saying this for so long and everyone just thinks he's ****.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
we need to do it again soon

But not this Sunday? Take one week off imo
Edit:I never though dk was bad lol

Gatlin

Well, we could always just do optional friendlies this Sunday. Planning on setting up another day for the Light House thread; and Sunday is open.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I'm up for any kind of tourney or friendlies on Sunday.

Also, I never said DK was bad. I still need to try different characters.
I tried Wario for a bit and didn't care for him much and Waluigi seemed ok.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, DK is pretty much tied with Bowser on how good they are, both borderline High Tier/High Mid Tier.

BSP

Smash Legend
DK isn't bad because he's faster than pretty much anyone who doesn't get a speed boost in large, daisy, and the two fast babies

I'll do a legit comparison on a comp

:phone:

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I actually said DK was good various times. Maybe not on here but I have used him several times when Hippo/Jason play late night and said he was actually better then expected. But I didn't notice this till after the All-Villains tourney so yeah.

I suggest just some races this Sunday. It would be like a FFA tourney except no body needs to keep score/ pick certain tracks. We don't do that nearly enough and we could potentially do team VS or battles there aswell.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well it looks like here people agree with me. It's more on the Mario Kart forums and the people who aren't posting right now.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I actually don't mind doing a friendly private room, since I doubt anyone would participate in the battle(other than Peachy) :p. I'll play, even though the game hates me and I haven't played for a bit. Also, what's wrong with me, I get confused with BSP and PG for some reason.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think I've been underestimating the characters that get those MT buffs :o

We need some MT and Mushroom boost comparisons

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just ended up in a pro race full of funky kongs on flame runners. They were doing mad tricks.

ALL OF THEM KEEP CHOOSING RAINBOW ROAD. :mad:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I still think Donkey Kong is bad. Besides his minimal gains in weight and mini-turbos, his stats are terrible. Well, not terrible, but useless.

Bowser is 10x better.
See BSP's post directly above yours.

DK is pretty good, and if you're saying his stats other than those are terrible, look at Funky's stats other than Speed and tell me how he's best in game.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That's dumb because he's clearly the best because of his speed. I said DK's MT and weight were the only things he has going for him, that doesn't make them any less terrible compared to everyone else.

You should just explain how Donkey Kong is good. All of his stats are outclassed by other heavyweights. He just has an awful scattered selection of stat gains.

BSP

Smash Legend
Bowser is definitely better

But DK is just as fast as Daisy, so he outspeeds a significant portion of the cast. He's pretty bad for a heavyweight, but he with the same speed as daisy, better mushroom boosts, and weight, he should have no problem beating any lights or mediums that don't get a large speed boost.

I can't see the point of going light anymore. Whatever they can do, Daisy can do it too, and go faster the whole time as well (minus MT'ing). Their amazing drift is nice, but I'd

John2k4

The End of an Era
That was cut off so suddenly there, I hi-lighted the entire page....

I'll try Bowser too. :)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why is Funky Kong top tier?

I'd love to hear an explanation for that. As Bowser jr. seems to be the "worst" medium character in the game.

Gatlin

Hippo <3

- - - - -

Sunday Friendlies - Details said:
Type: Sunday Friendlies

Date: Sunday, October 2nd

Time: Starting around 6:00PM EST. Ending whenever people get tired.

Details: This is simply going to be playing friendly-games with others on Mario Kart Wii. The night will consist of World Wide VS. races, battle mode, team-races amongst ourselves, or basically anything else people want to do. It's completely up to you guys.

I would like to be able to communicate with everyone during this event so I am able to see what people want to do. To accomplish this you can either add me on Skype at yay_blumpkin, on GameSurge ((IRC) #SWFMKWii), or you can even just post in the Mario Kart Wii events thread located here. Either one would work out fantastically; and I will be on all three at all times.

Hope to see some new and old faces on Sunday :)
This is only if you would like to participate in F8AL's Light House Game Night's event. Sunday is Race Night, and I will be hosting some Mario Kart Wii. If you are wanting to receive a postbit, or want to work towards getting a higher-ranked one, you should join in :bee:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
We should plan a few themes for each cup?
And then just FFA :3

And who want to play this afternoon? In about 3 hours?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why is Funky Kong top tier?

I'd love to hear an explanation for that. As Bowser jr. seems to be the "worst" medium character in the game.
Funky Kong is Top Tier because he has the biggest Speed stat in the game, making him faster than every other character available.

Bowser Jr. isn't the worst medium weight (3rd worst), but he's down there because he has the least amount of stat boosts in the whole game, everyone else has higher stats than him. The reason he's not the worst is because, while he only has a small amount of stat boosts, the stats he does have boosts in are in better places than a few other characters.

Top Bottom