• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katapultar

Smash Lord

6. The Flying Dutchman [Davidreamcatcha]

22. Homura [ForwardArrow]

49. Aidan [Chris Lionheart]
50. Robo-Link MKIII [Tirkaro]​
All these = epic. To see Dav's Flying Dutchman set get such a high placing is.....shocking. Great job there!

When I see how easily some sets got on it makes me think I could do the same, hehe, though I think I've said that once before. I can't wait till I get to the Top 50 again!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So yeah, this looks like a pretty good top 50. A few sets look overrated IMO, but otherwise it's pretty good. I won't bother saying which ones I think are too high, there's no point in that, but I will give some shout outs.

@Haylstorm
Sorry, you got robbed. Ice Man was the one set I really felt should have made this list that didn't. I hope you'll come back next MYM regardless.

@King K Rool (and all top 10 placers)
Congratulations.

@JOE
Nice work, I knew Trainer JOE would be the highest placing set nobody read. EED deserved higher though, IMO.

@FA
Halfway up the top 50 in your first contest? Amazing. I only just scratched it (Fawful was #49 overall last contest and almost missed the list entirely) my first time around.

@My own placings
Galaxy Man I feel is pretty well situated where he is. Everything else I made (except perhaps Portal Man, who's decent at his spot) was totally slaughtered by vote split though, I feel Spidey should be close to Galaxy Man's spot, and I was a bit surprised none of my other sets made the top 50. Still, I'm happy with how I did. Next time I'm gunning for top 10.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Ah well, didn't scratch a thing. Congratulations to the winners (especially to Rool for his awesome Gengar set) and see you next MYM!

Haylstorm

Smash Rookie
Wow, the Top 50 is already up? I thought we'd be waiting some more. Not complaining of course.

Looks like a pretty good list to me. I see a lot of my favorite sets in the top 10 (Gengar, Dutchman, and Kabutops are all sets I really really liked). Congratulations everyone!

@Haylstorm
Sorry, you got robbed. Ice Man was the one set I really felt should have made this list that didn't. I hope you'll come back next MYM regardless.
Thanks, Nicholas. I plan to make more movesets in MYM 11. I didn't really expect my first moveset to place anyway, but I'm happy to know that you liked it enough to feel like it should have. :)

Edit-- these are my only MYM 11 plans right now. I might come up with more during the contest.

Smady

Smash Master
1. Gengar [KingK.Rool]
2. Pennywise the Dancing Clown [BKupa666]
3. Dr. N. Tropy [Smash Daddy]​
4. Baron K. Roolenstein [BKupa666]
5. Krillin [Junahu]
6. The Flying Dutchman [Davidreamcatcha]
7. Sid’s Toys [MasterWarlord]
8. Slowbro [MarthTrinity]
9. Omastar [Agidius]
10. Kabutops [Kholdstare]

11. Mr. Banbollow [Smash Daddy]
12. King Barbovor [MasterWarlord]
13. DarkMega [darth meanie]
14. Rainbow Dash [MarthTrinity]
15. Fluttershy [Junahu]
16. Galaxy Man [Nicholas1024]
17. Edgar [BKupa666]
18. Clayface [MasterWarlord]
19. Trainer JOE! [JOE!]
20. General Grevious [n88_2004 and darth meanie]

21. Garbodor [Smash Daddy]
22. Homura [ForwardArrow]
23. E.E.D. Soldier [JOE!]
24. Vlad Plasmius [darth meanie and MasterWarlord]
25. Hoppip [ForwardArrow]
26. Mr. Mime [Smash Daddy and Nicholas1024]
27. Gallade [LegendofLink]
28. Teferi [LegendofLink]
29. Haunter [KingK.Rool]
30. Wakka [half_silver28]

31. Wario [MasterWarlord]
32. Lord Cronal [n88_2004]
33. Cosmic Spacehead [Smash Daddy]
34. Portal Man [Nicholas1024]
35. Team Pedestal [Phatcat203]
36. Spider-Man [Nicholas1024]
37. MODOK [smashbot226]
38. Gastly [KingK.Rool]
39. Malzahar [n88_2004]
40. Chess Man [LegendofLink]

41. Ghost Rider [Kholdstare]
42. Marina Liteyears [Gcubedude]
43. Color Sonic [Chaos Swordsman]
44. Mismagius [HollowKnight]
45. Wukong [Hyper_Ridley]
46. Klobber [BKupa666]
47. Twilight Sparkle [Davidreamcatcha]
48. Gamzee [ForwardArrow]
49. Aidan [Chris Lionheart]
50. Robo-Link MKIII [Tirkaro]​

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Congratulations to everyone who placed in such a high-quality contest, and to those who weren't so lucky, but still stuck with us to the end. This contest was home to more sets than we've had since MYM6, two years ago. No one can honestly claim MYM is dying anymore with a straight face, and it's all thanks to you guys.

Extra special congratulations to Rool...I'd like the take the opportunity to point out how close Gengar and Pennywise were in the end. 0.2 point separated the two sets; one person enjoying the clown but not voting IT could have easily tipped the scale.

The irony of the past two contests is somewhat amusing to me...everyone predicted a Tutankoopa victory in MYM9, but Jr., a decent but not amazing set of mine, comes out on top. This time, everyone saw Pennywise as the clear winner, but Gengar beat him out (IMO, Gengar is a decent take on invisibility, but Rool is capable of more impressive sets, such as Tutankoopa).

Hope to see you all carry over such MYM enthusiasm over to MYM11!

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
Extra special congratulations to Rool...I'd like the take the opportunity to point out how close Gengar and Pennywise were in the end. 0.2 point separated the two sets; one person enjoying the clown but not voting IT could have easily tipped the scale.
Would it be okay to know how close / far behind #4 was to #3? If I had just put in my last ad in time, the Baron was going to be one of my strong votes, and I'm just madly curious as to if there would have been a difference with one person voting there too

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gengar had 33.25 points, with Pennywise at 33.05, Tropy at 31.95 and Baron at 29.6.

Definitely a close contest all around.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The irony of the past two contests is somewhat amusing to me...everyone predicted a Tutankoopa victory in MYM9, but Jr., a decent but not amazing set of mine, comes out on top. This time, everyone saw Pennywise as the clear winner, but Gengar beat him out (IMO, Gengar is a decent take on invisibility, but Rool is capable of more impressive sets, such as Tutankoopa).
Care to swap wins? Gengar is fun, and I think I did right by him in making him a graffiti set, but I probably wouldn't vote for him if he had been made by somebody else.... unlike Tutankoopa. ;)

That said, thanks for the votes, folks! I've won before, I know, and I would rather somebody else had had the spotlight for a while, but then again Kawasaki and MYM 4 were well over two years ago - and this way I'm all tied up with Warlord again. So again, thank you. :bee:

Thanks also for being active, for making movesets, for keeping the contest alive! MYM is about more than the movesets, really - it's a platform that allows for any sort of creativity to run wild. It's a vehicle for YOUR ideas and YOUR boundless imagination, as Kupa put it in the OP. That's why it's still around and alive even when the hype and excitement of Brawl have, for many people, worn off.

I like the top 50 generally, although I kinda wish we'd skipped the shifts/picks/kicks process - MYMers aren't and shouldn't be treated like babies who don't know what's good for them and need to have the leaders do tweaking to make the "right" top 50. No, I'm not just saying that because Gastly went down. No, I'm not being sarcastic. Or there. Or there. Or there.

Best of luck to everyone in MYM 11! Things are really heating up now and we have what looks to be our best contest yet ahead of us!

GibbytheCreator

Smash Cadet
waut is this. i come back from vacation and everything is done with? lol okay thats fair enough. how did u guys like julius? i was looking at the placements put i guess julius didn't place :( :( :( its kay though i'll try and do better next contest

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
waut is this. i come back from vacation and everything is done with? lol okay thats fair enough. how did u guys like julius? i was looking at the placements put i guess julius didn't place :( :( :( its kay though i'll try and do better next contest
Julius was supposed to win, but that meanie, MasterWarlord said it should be off.

So it was off.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
I like the top 50 generally, although I kinda wish we'd skipped the shifts/picks/kicks process - MYMers aren't and shouldn't be treated like babies who don't know what's good for them and need to have the leaders do tweaking to make the "right" top 50. No, I'm not just saying that because Gastly went down. No, I'm not being sarcastic. Or there. Or there. Or there.
Or at least give us the non-processed top 50 as the "Unofficial Results". There's an idea...

GibbytheCreator

Smash Cadet
Julius was supposed to win, but that meanie, MasterWarlord said it should be off.

So it was off.
aw whaa. 51st is pretty god right? i mean there were like a ton of sets so being 51st isnt too bad. i guess im pretty good at this haha

Gibby, I have a set request.

Can you make Gordy from Ned's Declassified? I loved Julius and I'd love to see you make that character.
i guess i could try and make it. i men i only watched the show a little bit so i dont remember much about gordy except that he was janitor slept and helped ned a lot. i could try and sqeeze him into my plans if u really want

GibbytheCreator

Smash Cadet
Yes, that would be very nice. Thanks!
im not promising anything. im saying i can try. i hope i dont let u down :)
Leadership interference actually pushed the set closer to top 50. Smady almost managed to get it on regardless of n88 forcing Robo Link on us.
aw snaps really? i almost made top fifty :) but i was so close i cn try next time

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
Gibby I thought ur moveset waz thugnificent

in meantime I'm working on Magneto hard but balancing between computer time, homework and weightlifting and football practice is hard

oh well

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta, thanks you

speakin of Magnetro pulls out a glock and shoots the enemy to put metal in them so he can control them with magnetisis

wat's your idea???

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
I think this is acceptble to post here right??? preview

Neutral Special ))) Original Gangsta
Magneto pulls out a pistol and shoots it forward. It does 2% damage and low knockback and has to be reloaded after six shots. Its quick too. Bullets from the pistol stay in enemies and since theyre metal you can control the enemy if you have them in them. Bullets fall out after five seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom