• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
Thank you. :bee:

It's not much of an idea, just someone I think would be cool in Smash, you know? But I'm sure nobody will have heard of my set before. Well, maybe. I'm good for shock value sometimes. :)
Well, putting characters you like into Smash Bros is the whole purpose of this thread. Well, that, and being another place for leaders to argue.

Welcome to MYM!

smashbot226

Smash Master
I was born to a drug-addled mother, who callously tossed me into a nearby dumpster after birthing me. So, alone, riddled with various drugs of all kinds, and cold, I did the only thing I could do: I cried.

I soon realized, however, that crying wasn't helping my situation, and I was rapidly coming ever closer to a cold, frozen death. Knowing this, I proceeded to physically beat the drugs out of my bloodstream with my tiny, yet powerful fists. I then ate my way through the plastic roof of the dumpster I was in, and warmed myself up with a light cross-country jog.

As I reached the Rocky Mountains, I suddenly found myself surrounded by hungry wolves. I managed to crush several of their skulls, but, tired as I was from my voyage, they eventually overpowered me. My still-soft cranium was literally inside the jaws of the pack leader when my first parents: Aslan, Bagheera, and Mufasa. The three mountain lions swiftly drove away the remaining wolves, and were about to claim their reward (my broken, bloody body)...but they sensed the pure, unfiltered greatness present within me, and, rather than consuming me, placed me on their shoulders and carried me back to their mountainside cave.

And so, for the next three years, I was raised in the most wild reaches of the Rocky Mountain Range, learning the ways of the world: hunting and preying on the weak, emitting feral screams to attract a mate, being only active near dusk and dawn, and (perhaps most importantly) being a combat helicopter.

However, it was not meant to be. One day, my adopted parents were all cruelly shot by local hunters. Only Mufasa managed to limp back to our cave, where I cradled him in my small, but already powerful arms, tears of pure love rolling down my cheeks. I believe I gave him some level of solace in his final moments.

The next day, I assassinated every man, woman and child in the area who has or had ever owned a hunting license, a rifle, camouflage pants, or who had in their life used the word "sport" in reference to the cold, inhuman act of taking another living thing's life for nothing but the sheer, barbaric thrill.

And so, with nothing left for me in the Rockies, I continued on in my quest, turning north, and eventually making my way to the Canadian outback.

/////

One day, I was casually eating my fill of the Caribou herd I had, moments before, brought down using nothing but a single pebble, when a large Grizzly Bear approached me, obviously looking for his next meal. I stood my ground, and as he approached, so did I.

During our epic, mortal struggle, the sheer force of will present within me contacted the bear's spirit, and instantly, we knew each other. While tending my fresh gouge wounds in a nearby stream, I learned my new parent's name: Wojtek. He had been the subject of several Canadian Government-funded experiments, resulting in him being bereft in a total, unending state of starvation; no matter how much Wojtek ate, he never could satiate himself. So, compassion filling my tiny, four-year frame, I devoted myself to helping him.

And so I hunted. Over the course of the next seven years, I made myself known across the country as "The Windigo", though of course, I was only a small boy at this time. Of course, I was uneducated in the ways of numbers, so had no notion at the time of how many animals I defeated in single combat for Wojtek's sake, but looking back, I would say...anywhere from five to seventy-eight hundred thousand.

At the end of this bloody, noble trail lay the Canadian Scientist's Headquarters, also known as "Mount Villainy". I climbed the jagged, sulfurous cliffs of that accursed rock for five days, never resting--for below me was Wojtek, barely alive and on his own: I had to do this as fast as possible. I infiltrated their foul lair, and found the anitdote to the illness afflicting my pitiable foster father. However, the Canadians discovered me on my way out, and I was forced into combat against an elite sect of Canada's greatest fighters: the Royal Canadian Mountain Police. When all was said and done, I limped out of the laboratory, bullet and saber wounds all across my battered body. One had even managed to gouge out one of my eyes with a hook mounted on a stump, where I presume a hand once was.

Despite my great cause, I found I could not maintain consciousness any longer. As I crested the summit, I passed out, cursing myself for failing at the task set before me...

/////

...Yet soon, I awoke: a cool breeze awakening me from my rest. I felt beneath me, and my hand touched against enormous, silken feathers. Yes, I was being held aloft on the back of a tremendous golden eagle. I reached out with my pure, most bare of emotions to the creature, telling her of Wojtek's plight.

...But, to my utter despair, she informed me that Wojtek had perished at the base of Mount Villainy. Her name was Aquila, and her nine siblings, Corvus, Flint, Cygnus, Huginn and Muginn, Simurgh, Mynah, and Old Great Auk, were on their way to Wojtek's aid on the command of the Bird King, Phoenix. But alas and alack, they arrived too late. Perhaps due to my leading him around the countryside, he was without the aid of the birdfolk.

I have always...blamed myself for that, I suppose.

With nothing to be done for poor Wojtek, I swore vengeance against the Royal Canadian Mountain Police, and continued East with my new, feathered family.

/////

I did not stay with the eagles for long, though. As we were flying over Tennesee, Huginn and Muginn attempted to steal the eyes from my sockets as I slept atop Old Great Auk's back. They held no alleigance to me or my journey, and so I do not blame them for this: it is only the natural law that when a thing is hungry, it must eat.

...However, it is also the way of the world that only the strongest survive. And so, reacting like barbed lightning, I arose, and tore the tongues from my attacker's gizzards, sending them both into uncontrollable, pain-induced free falls. I could immediately tell how well this went over with the other birds, and so I leapt from Auk's wing, pummeting to the ground hundreds of miles below me.

It is never a good idea to let oneself be surrounded by wrathful servants of the Bird King.

Handily, I had learned much from Aquila of the ways of flight, and though I possessed no wings, I used my knowledge to directionally influence myself toward a giant red and white speck, miles below me. As I reached terminal velocity, and the terrible inertia began to peel the very flesh from my bones, I again could not hold out, and I saw black.

When I awoke, I was staring up into the murderous eyes of an enormous African Elephant, or loxodonta africana, as they say in the West. Before he had the chance to gore or trample me, I sprung to my feet and delivered a kick so fierce it could shatter the trunk of a full-grown Redwood tree (and indeed, during my time in the North, it had done so, on several occasions) to the beast's head...but to my complete amazement, it bucked me away but with a brush of it's head! Suddenly and horrifyingly, I knew fear. For the first time in my life, I truly did not know whether I would be the victor of this contest of strength.

...Amazingly, though I no longer held any conception of victory, the thing did not approach me. It merely eyed me up, from head to toe several times, then, deciding something, turned to leave. With this relief, I examined my surroundings for the first time since arriving in this foreign locale. I discovered I had landed on the top of a giant circus tent, which would explain how all my bones were not of dust at this point. But I had little time to ponder the past, as my immortal warrior's soul was calling to me.

Thus, I was trained. My master, Orwell, was a fine teacher indeed. Raised on the barren plains of the Savannah, he had been born weak and alone, much like myself. He had spent most of his time there migrating from herd to herd, never fully accepted, and often physically assaulted for his ignoble origins and lowly station. But through it all, he never gave in, eventually defeating the Bull of a rival tribe in single combat, and thus becoming their herdmaster. For fifty years, he and his tribe roamed the Great Plains, conquering all and sparing none in their paths. He sired countless calves, and those he did not approve of were swiftly exiled. Like me, he held dearly to the Ways of the World. However, one day, while he was away on an expedition, black-suited men with loud, booming sticks and red, maple leaves on their backs came and destroyed his entire clan, stealing their proud tusks, not allowing even for a respectful burial. Enraged, Orwell took to the coast, hounding the men in black. Though they boarded their iron fish before he could catch them, he could see the way they traveled, and so, with a deep breath of the African air he loved more than life itself, he plunged beneath the waves, and ran along the Ocean's floor toward a new, alien world.

Once there, he was tired from his journey, and so laid down beneath a tall tree for rest. But--the fiends!--they ambushed him while he slept! He awoke, and crushed many underfoot, and his tusks were lined with bodies that day, but through sheer numbers and a traitorous tranquilizing poison, they brought him to his knees, and carried him off to their stronghold.

...Thankfully, he escaped: breaking out of the belly of their giant iron snake, he rampaged his way south until he found a lonely, secluded stretch of open land. It reminded him of his homeland, and that was good. For seven days and seven nights he wept for those lost to him. He would never see them again.

And so, when the circus came and erected their giant shelters, Orwell approached them. At first, they panicked, but in time, they came to accept him. Ever since, he had stayed with the group as they toured the country, performing for humans from all walks of life. It was not a dignified life, he told me, but a simple one. One deserving of a man who could not protect those closest to him.

/////

Under his tutelage, I learned much. In the span of a single year, I became a rival even to his great strength, and began to finally integrate myself into the world of man--through my performances in the circus as "The Whild Child", I learned the human tongue, and even made several "friends". In time, though, this was our downfall. Word spread of our famed performances, which eventually attracted the very same forces that had stolen so much from both my and Orwell's lives...

One fateful day, during the highlight act of our performance, Orwell toppled to the ground. I rushed to his side, but he batted me away with his trunk as he regained his footing. It was then I saw the enormous needle protruding from the side of his head. Furthermore, I finally noticed how oddly quiet the crowd had been, and looking out past the glare of the stage lights, I saw not a normal crowd--but the Royal Canadian Mountain Police. They had come to reclaim what was not theirs! I gave a roar that would enrapture even the coldest of puma vixens, and lunged toward my sworn enemies, but my way was suddenly blocked by Orwell's hulking body, which shuddered as a second salvo of poisoned darts punctured his thick hide. I knew what he was doing, but would not accept it--he was all that I had left.

...But, against my dearest wishes, he lifted me, kicking and screaming, in his trunk, trundled outside the tent, with every step being more harried as more and more Canadian venom assaulted his old body...and threw me into the sky with all of his remaining strength.

/////

I spent the following day, and part of the night soaring through the air, tears lashing their way off my face, falling behind me into my windstream. I beat my chest, gnashed my teeth, pulled my hair, and tore my flesh in penitence: once again, I had not been able to stand up and deliver justice, as a man should.

/////

I finally began to lose altitude as I came over the Atlantic Ocean, the same one Orwell had traveled on his road of revenge. After ricocheting off the surface of the waves for several miles, I was finally able to obtain my sea legs...or lack thereof. This was my first experience with the ocean, and I lacked Orwell's powerful elephantine lungs, so had no hope of walking back to shore. I though for sure I would perish, broken and alone, out there in the Great, Uncaring Blue...when something large and smooth wrapped itself around my leg. In a flurry of rushing water and coursing foam, I was pulled under, and found myself face to face with a truly gigantic creature--at least ten times the size of my now-deceased master! It's hundred arms grabbed me from all sides and tore at me, intent on breaking me open like some crude chestnut. But I would not have this. There was still much evil for me to cleanse in this world, and so I held off the monster's fatal embrace, making my body as steel. Apparently surprised at this turn of events, the leviathan brought me to the surface, and, in what seemed the blink of an eye, brought me to a nearby, remote and uninhabited island.

I learned the kraken's name: Jormungandr, and since then (this was roughly four months ago, mind) have been peacefully enjoying my time on the same island, which I have named "Chief Smashbot's Island". As I have not yet been able to communicate effectively with Jormungandr (and indeed, he rarely is around to attempt communication with), I have had nothing to do with myself but lie around, tend the fertile land of Chief Smashbot's Island, and hang out on SWF with all my pals (using my wind-powered laptop made of sand and hermit crabs).

But one day soon, I will taste revenge. I will hunt down the red-leaf'd demons that stole my parents from me, and I will tear them limb from limb with my bear hands. The Earth will run red with blood. The accumulated filth of all their murder will foam up about their waists and all those *******s will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I will look down, and whisper "No."

/////

Aside from the kraken (whom I now reside with), all of my parents have at one point tried to devour me alive. Only constant vigilance and devotion to my martial studies have kept me alive this long.

Yes, it has been a harrowing journey. But I have survived. And I am all the stronger for it.

/////

Oh by the way here are some hints for current movesets I have planned for MYMX1. Keep in mind these are PLANS, and not set in stone.

"I am no hero. Merely a man who has seen and done and endured what can never be forgiven or forgotten."

I never asked for this. To be shown how human I was or how much more I could become."

"Don't you disrespect me, little man! Don't you derogate or deride! You're in my world now, not your world! And I've got friends on the other side!"

"Maybe next time you will take a second look, and not judge the cover of the book."

Sir_Slash

Smash Rookie
This is my plan, if it means anything to anyone. :)

I'm going to work on it before the contest so I can have it ready for the first day.

n88

Smash Lord

Congratulations to all winners! This contest was almost as amazing as MW's stickers once it got going. Let's keep up that awesome streak, shall we?​

Sir_Slash

Smash Rookie

Congratulations to all winners! This contest was almost as amazing as MW's stickers once it got going. Let's keep up that awesome streak, shall we?​
Ohh, that's really cool! Those are the winning submissions for this contest? I see Ghost Rider. :)

Smady

Smash Master
N. Tropy and Baron look like they're about to get into a battle of scientific proportions! Ho ho!

Good work, Nate.

n88

Smash Lord
Ohh, that's really cool! Those are the winning submissions for this contest? I see Ghost Rider. :)
Yeah, this is the MYMX Top 50. If you head over to the Stadium (this page of it, specifically), you can find links to this contest's Top 50 as well as the Top 50s from past contests. There's a lot of history to be found on the Stadium (including complete lists of movesets from every contest going back to MYM2); I recommend poking around a bit.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Great CSS, Nate! It's cool to see how the color schemes change between contests, as well as how the characters will appear in each portrait. In particular, I like what you do with multi-character sets, with them crowding around the slot and adding extra 'life' to the shot.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Unofficial Inter-Contest MYMer Rankings! :p

Alright, alright. I'll post this here. This is a MYMer ranking system that is based entirely off of a point system that is awarded for making the top 50. You get more points for...

1) Getting higher in the top 50
2) Being in the top 50 more than once
3) Being in the top 50 in multiple contests

There are two lists! The TOTALS list is an overall point ranking. The PPC list, short for Points Per Contest, is a list that ranks people based off of a sort of average that measures how well they do each contest.

FOR THE CURIOUS! There is a consistant mathematical calculation that went into making this ranking list. For the TOTALS list, the equation is like this... (X = Points) (Y = Place in the top 50)

X = 50 - Y

Every moveset that places in the top 50 adds to the MYMer's score. That's how it works. The more often they place per contest, and the more contests they place in, AND the higher they place... well, the more points they get. The TOTALS formula is applied to each moveset individually, and does not give the total score for a MYMer. For their total score, the points they get on each of their movesets are all added together to make one value.

PPC is their TOTAL POINTS, Z, divided by the individual MYMer's number of contests that they have ranked in, W. So it's more of...

PPC = Z / W

This means that the more contests you rank in, the lower your PPC gets. But if you constantly place four times in the top five every contest for ten contests, that hardly matters.

Anyway, on to the current listing. 103 people so far!

TOTALS

1. MasterWarlord (1437) - 8
2. KingK.Rool / Axx o Nn (1000) - 7
3. Junahu ( 836) - 8
4. BKupa666 ( 730) - 8
5. Hyper_Ridley ( 723) - 8
6. SirKibble ( 662) - 5
7. MarthTrinity / KingofAllCosmos ( 639) - 9
8. darth_meanie ( 587) - 5
9. Smash Daddy ( 373) - 6
10. Chief Mendez ( 310) - 2
11. Agidius ( 302) - 6
12. Chris Lionheart ( 280) - 6
13. n88_2004 ( 277) - 3
14. JOE! ( 244) - 5
15. Kholdstare ( 211) - 6
16. Spadefox / Horiin ( 195) - 2
17. El_Duderino ( 192) - 2
18. MetaLord ( 189) - 1
19. TWILTHERO ( 181) - 5
20. Commander Bltizkrieg ( 180) - 2
21. Wizzerd ( 153) - 3
22. dancingfrogman ( 142) - 5
23. LegendofLink ( 136) - 2
24. Plorf ( 128) - 4 SkylerOcon ( 128) - 4
25. half_silver28 ( 126) - 8
26. RWB ( 116) - 2
27. Fawriel ( 111) - 1 The Nerd ( 111) - 1
28. Iron Thorn ( 101) - 2
29. GreatClayMonkey ( 95) - 2
30. Nicholas1024 ( 94) - 2
31. UserShadow7989 ( 91) - 3
32. Mario_And_Sonic_Guy ( 88) - 1
33. Copperpot ( 87) - 1
34. Smashbot226 ( 86) - 2
35. Kitsuneko345 ( 78) - 3
36. flyinfilipino ( 69) - 1 Tanookie ( 69) - 2 cena_wolf ( 69) - 2
37. Meadow ( 68) - 3
38. goldwyvern ( 65) - 2
39. Flying Dutchman ( 63) - 1
40. ForwardArrow ( 58) - 1 emergency ( 58) - 2 KoJ ( 58) - 1
41. TheSundanceKid ( 57) - 3
42. Stroupes ( 50) - 1 Kirby M.D. ( 50) - 1
43. Davidreamcatcha ( 49) - 1 cheap_josh ( 49) - 2 kips ( 49) - 1
44. The_Great_Panda ( 48) - 1
45. IvoryFlame ( 47) - 1 Sir Bedevere ( 47) - 1
46. HeoandReo ( 42) - 2
47. Smashbro29 ( 41) - 1
48. PKSkyler ( 40) - 1
49. Eaode ( 38) - 1
50. Phatcat203 / Thrice ( 34) - 2
51. PolarisJunkie ( 33) - 1
52. Vaul ( 32) - 1 Sindel ( 32) - 1 Samusrules93 ( 32) - 1
53. sabrewulf238 ( 31) - 1
54. Gcubedude ( 30) - 2 Insurance Salesman ( 30) - 1 omega_ridley_x ( 30) - 1
55. Frf ( 29) - 2 Dream Land Works ( 29) - 1
56. ArchimedesVI ( 28) - 1 Mystickenji ( 28) - 1
57. Eternal Smasher ( 27) - 1
58. bivunit94 ( 26) - 1 killbeast301 ( 26) - 1
59. Cutter ( 24) - 2 Koppakirby ( 24) - 2 the melon!!!!! ( 24) - 1
60. Katapultar ( 18) - 1
61. Tirkaro ( 15) - 1 cdilink ( 15) - 1
62. The Trophy Master ( 14) - 1 Crom ( 14) - 1
63. john! ( 12) - 1 quarzark ( 12) - 1 OddCrow ( 12) - 1
64. wrkngclsshr ( 11) - 1
65. Akiak ( 10) - 1 Somasu ( 10) - 1
66. Moon/Sun ( 9) - 1
67. Chaos Swordsman ( 8) - 2 Cheezball ( 8) - 1
68. HollowKnight ( 7) - 1 Delta_BP26 ( 7) - 1
69. Apemasta' ( 6) - 1 ChiboSempai ( 6) - 1
70. Jimneymebob ( 5) - 1
71. frankisvital ( 4) - 1
72. Hobs ( 2) - 1 xX Bozy Xx ( 2) - 1
73. Shake~ ( 1) - 1 LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME ( 1) - 1 Patchi ( 1) - 1

PPC

1. MetaLord (189)
2. MasterWarlord (180)
3. Chief Mendez (155)
4. KingK.Rool / Axx o Nn (143)
5. SirKibble (132)
6. darth_meanie (117)
7. Fawriel (111) The Nerd (111)
8. Junahu (105)
9. Spadefox / Horiin ( 98)
10. El_Duderino ( 96)
11. n88_2004 ( 92)
12. BKupa666 ( 91)
13. Hyper_Ridley ( 90) Commander Blitzkrieg ( 90)
14. Mario_And_Sonic_Guy ( 88)
15. Copperpot ( 87)
16. MarthTrinity / KingofAllCosmos ( 71)
17. flyinfilipino ( 69)
18. LegendofLink ( 68)
19. Flying Dutchman ( 63)
20. Smash Daddy ( 62)
21. ForwardArrow ( 58) KoJ ( 58) RWB ( 58)
22. Wizzerd ( 51) Iron Thorn ( 51)
23. Agidius ( 50) Stroupes ( 50) Kirby M.D. ( 50)
24. JOE! ( 49) Davidreamcatcha ( 49) kips ( 49)
25. The_Great_Panda ( 48) GreatClayMonkey ( 48)
26. Nicholas1024 ( 47) IvoryFlame ( 47) Sir Bedevere ( 47)
27. Chris Lionheart ( 46)
28. Smashbot226 ( 43)
29. Smashbro29 ( 41)
30. PKSkyler ( 40)
31. Eaode ( 38)
32. TWILTHERO ( 36)
33. Kholdstare ( 35) Tanookie ( 35) cena_wolf ( 35)
34. goldwyvern ( 33) PolarisJunkie ( 33)
35. SkylerOcon ( 32) Plorf ( 32) Vaul ( 32) Sindel ( 32) Samusrules93 ( 32)
36. sabrewulf238 ( 31)
37. UserShadow7989 ( 30) Insurance Salesman ( 30) omega_ridley_x ( 30)
38. emergency ( 29) Dream Land Works ( 29)
39. dancingfrogman ( 28) ArchimedesVI ( 28) Mystickenji ( 28)
40. Eternal Smasher ( 27)
41. Kitsuneko345 ( 26) bivunit94 ( 26) killbeast301 ( 26)
42. cheap_josh ( 25)
43. the melon!!!!! ( 24)
44. Meadow ( 23)
45. HeoandReo ( 21)
46. TheSundanceKid ( 19)
47. Katapultar ( 18)
48. PhatCat203 / Thrice ( 17)
49. half_silver28 ( 16)
50. Gcubedude ( 15) Frf ( 15) cdilink ( 15)
51. The Trophy Master ( 14) Crom ( 14)
52. Cutter ( 12) koppakirby ( 12) john! ( 12) quarzark ( 12) OddCrow ( 12)
53. wrkngclsshr ( 11)
54. Akiak ( 10) Somasu ( 10)
55. Moon/Sun ( 9)
56. Tirkaro ( 8) Chaos Swordsman ( 8) Cheezball ( 8)
57. Hollowknight ( 7) Delta_BP26 ( 7)
58. Apemasta' ( 6) ChiboSempai ( 6)
59. Jimneymebob ( 5)
60. frankisvital ( 4)
61. Hobs ( 2) xX Boezy Xx ( 2)
62. Shake~ ( 1) LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME ( 1) Patchi ( 1)

Smady

Smash Master
One week and counting!

DeMasque is the kind of character who doesn’t lend himself to a moveset well, but the concepts are definitely there to take advantage of – like a lot of Ace Attorney characters, really. What’s used here is fairly obvious stuff, but done in a rather obtuse way – it’s very straightforward, not very logical and in the end, doesn’t sound like it would be a lot of fun to play. You’re basically playing around with your mask and cards as slowly-moving projectiles, whilst also getting in some basic close-ranged play, which while not completely lacking in originality, is still too generic for me to like. He has some tools to make use of like his coins, sack and, uh, prosthetic leg, but none of it is presented as particularly ground-breaking: to me they come off as very prop-y.

While there is some interesting play with the cage, the fact that it resolves around the mask and cards, which are surprisingly blatant in their function, makes the set-up less than convincing. Trapping someone inside a cage is also played out extensively already in sets like Dark Bowser or Dirty Bubble and the set doesn’t do anything to take this kind of concept to another level. It’s a fun set to read and I actually do wish you really hid something within the set like you do hint toward, but at least from what I can tell, it’s fairly standard stuff and my expectations were for something a lot more creative.

Gruntilda (which is in the social group) is a really good set, and probably the best Junahu Day set ever posted, despite it having simplistic organisation and generally trumping the character, which you wouldn’t expect in a Junahu set. This is for a character with pretty much no potential outside of generic witchcraft, allowing it to delve into some more witch-y stuff conceptually and also magic syndrome with good reason. When you have such a broad selection of concepts to play with, you put them to good use – the vines, the portals and the head separating in a rather eponymous way for Make Your Move these days, it’s all very fun and easily recognised to flow together. While the beautifying is not great, I actually did see a little potential in at least lengthening your broomstick time and the aerials were at least giving Gruntilda some more flexible options, besides the dynamic mechanics present in the specials. Though the latter is obviously superior, allowing just better combos in the aerials gives some reason to get beautiful, but that’s where my criticism will inevitably start… it’s pretty useless aside from those couple of things.

It’s mostly awkward because the character does feel a bit of a mish-mash: I do like how you presented it, as her body becoming more beautiful with the head staying in the container, but it’s pretty bizarre interpretation of the character and comes off as very awkward and selective, sacrificing some of the good will you gained with the no potential character in question. While being at its most interesting with stuff like the goop and lighting and neutral special, which I agree would’ve been good on stuff like N. Tropy, it does walk the line of being too selective and the characterisation does suffer a bit. Nonetheless, it’s still a perfectly good moveset and very enjoyable all-around.

Compared to the other two, I would actually say Linebeck is my least favourite, though it's not completely without merit. The concept is a really interesting one - playing with an AI in the foreground is the kind of thing that advances upon what Count and Zondark did back in Make Your Move 6 and generally playing with AIs or minions is very difficult. However, here it is done in a very roundabout way: I dislike how hampered the moveset is fundamentally, just because Linebeck has to go through this one massively laggy nerf to actually come into the foreground and I really dislike moves like the down special that just sync them up magically. It makes sense, but it's so forced as well. Aside from that, I also really did not like the grab game, as it is more very obvious interactions with the AI and doesn't serve much of a purpose beyond that.

I just wish you played around more with forcing the opponent to spot dodge or actually come into the background: I think a lot of the problems stem from just how you use Toon Link as opposed to an original moveset. The set doesn't play off of Toon Link at all - he could be replaced with any member of the Brawl roster and the set would function the same. So, good concept, but I disagree with how you went about its execution.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
For all those who haven't heard, MasterWarlord has posted the first chapter of his story mode at the stadium. It's worth a look since it's the first of its kind in quite a while.

GibbytheCreator

Smash Cadet
For all those who haven't heard, MasterWarlord has posted the first chapter of his story mode at the stadium. It's worth a look since it's the first of its kind in quite a while.
dude that is nice avatar i see. u like tyler too huh well i really like him as u can see by my name. just for that i think ill check this fools story mode

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Way back when, when reviews were still big, the leadership used to encourage non-leader members to start up their own blogs and put their own opinions out there. That's way in the past today... but we've taken that old encouraging message to heart, and here we are.

The Bunker's main editors are:
  • agidius
  • Hyper_Ridley
  • Junahu
  • KingK.Rool
  • MarthTrinity
  • darth meanie
We all used to be leaders. We all left at some point. And now we're going to offer you everything we know, everything we can do, everything MYM has been about and then some. Our new headquarters will offer not only reviews, the center for MYMinis, and weekly recaps, we'll also have our own moveset list active throughout MYM XI, regular articles, old uncovered "lost" articles, and whatever else we can think of to make this contest as great as it can be.

And just because we're the founders doesn't mean you can't contribute. If you want to post, you have only to get in touch with one of us and we'll set you up to put your own article up there, get your own opinion out there. Call it the blog of the people.

More information within, as well as a full slate of new articles, as our gesture of good faith. Have fun poking around, bookmark us to keep up with our new content, and here's to MYM XI!

Presenting...

smashbot226

Smash Master
I find it funny how I make one little lie and I get banned from xatchat. I guess I know what to do now whenever you whiny little children start arguing over who gets to go first on the swingset.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Way back when, when reviews were still big, the leadership used to encourage non-leader members to start up their own blogs and put their own opinions out there. That's way in the past today... but we've taken that old encouraging message to heart, and here we are.

The Bunker's main editors are:
  • agidius
  • Hyper_Ridley
  • Junahu
  • KingK.Rool
  • MarthTrinity
  • darth meanie
We all used to be leaders. We all left at some point. And now we're going to offer you everything we know, everything we can do, everything MYM has been about and then some. Our new headquarters will offer not only reviews, the center for MYMinis, and weekly recaps, we'll also have our own moveset list active throughout MYM XI, regular articles, old uncovered "lost" articles, and whatever else we can think of to make this contest as great as it can be.

And just because we're the founders doesn't mean you can't contribute. If you want to post, you have only to get in touch with one of us and we'll set you up to put your own article up there, get your own opinion out there. Call it the blog of the people.

More information within, as well as a full slate of new articles, as our gesture of good faith. Have fun poking around, bookmark us to keep up with our new content, and here's to MYM XI!

Presenting...
So after extensive discussion and the Bunker refusing to merge under any circumstances without hording admin powers for themselves, we have ultimately decided to take the one good thing from this site that they are trying to use to lure people to their site to try to passively pass their agenda - allowing anybody to post as a contributor - and put it on ours. Give us the E-Mail attached to your Wordpress account, and you'll be able to post articles on the Stadium. Yes, it's bloody well stupid we have 2 sites - I was talking about merging them for 8 hours straight yesterday, but nope. They want admin for themselves forever and exclusively.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I like the part where Warlord spews propaganda, out of context soundbites, lies, and insults for the people who weren't in the chat.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I like the part where Kholdstare is trying to make it look like I'm lying for the people who weren't in the chat. They refused to give us admin and refused to step down from admin, regardless of whether or not we destroyed our own site, and after yesterday's discussion, I don't particularly think it's worth debating anymore and we'd be better off just making with the activity.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like the part where we discuss what we loathe with a flaming passion as if we actually love it.

:phone:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yo dawg, i herd you liked liking the part where you liked the part, so I liked the part you liked the part of while liking that part of the like that you liked the part of.

Smady

Smash Master
Quite a lot actually... damn, how long has it been? I don't think we ever met, but your name definitely rings a bell. You should check out links to The Stadium and the chat in the OP to get a feel of what has changed.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Quite a lot actually... damn, how long has it been? I don't think we ever met, but your name definitely rings a bell. You should check out links to The Stadium and the chat in the OP to get a feel of what has changed.
I made a few (lackluster) movesets back in the day, but I stopped doing so when I quit playing Smash. Ahh, I'll have to do that. Thanks.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Omg PKSkyler! I remember you from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day in MYM2! I remember seeing you post on SRK a while ago (and I think you beat Max with your Viewtiful Joe but I may be remembering wrong...) and remembered you.

Awesome to see you're checking back now though =)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ah, PKSkyler! I remember you from MYM 3! It's nice to see you here with us again. Also, I'd like to note that it's cool seeing Akiak viewing the thread :p
Everyone is just going to come back to MYM for MYM11. Every MYMer ever will have a submission.

Sir_Slash

Smash Rookie
Uboa is ready for tomorrow! :) I'm new to this, so I just kinda wanted to see what I can do on my own before I try to improve.

It probably won't be any good, but I've gotta try anyway!

Smady

Smash Master
MYM11 Is Coming

The new thread is going up today! An entirely new contest awaits you all, however, this depends on your time zone:

The contest will launch just before 12AM British Time, which is about 7PM EST and 4PM PST later today. Pop into the chatroom at around that time to catch all the craziness in there. Be sure to also keep an eye on The Stadium for a bit of a special announcement.

Oh yeah, and have fun.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I believe that should actually be 7PM Eastern. If 6 is right, then it's actually 3PM Pacific.

Just to get things straight for those planning to participate in the rush. :)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Two hours remain...

I posted an article on the Bunker about music and how it affects your moveset process if you want to check it out!

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Fifteen minutes to the end of the contest. It's been a lot of fun guys. Here's to an even better MYM11. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom