• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 3: The Final Test re-take Results Toronto, Canada

unknown522

Some guy
Melee Singles 32 Entrants:
1. Unknown522 ($130.00)
2. [YRSF] Raynex (130.00)
3. Weon-x ($30.00)
4. I.B. ($15.00)
5. Idea ($7.50)
5. Europhoria ($7.50)
7. Reiz
7. Tect
9. Izek
9. Riddlebox

Singles pot was messed a bit

Melee Doubles 10 Teams:
1. [YRSF] Raynex + Unknown522 ($120.00)
2. Tect + Europhoria ($60.00)
3. Idea + Riddlebox ($20.00)
5. Bing +

64?:
Dunno if it happened

I'll get the rest filled once I get the bracket.

sauc3

Smash Lord
^don't feel bad, you still have a couple months to beat people who've been playing for 6+ years and make your deadline^

gj kyle and camilo,

i came to the stream to watch camilo get off, and i was not dissappointed.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how many people total were there?

did you and bernard split withou playing at all ryan? or did you win gf and split anyway?

who beat imadh in bracket?

camillo *****.

unknown522

Some guy
how many people total were there?
32 entrants. Dunno how many people were there in total.

did you and bernard split withou playing at all ryan? or did you win gf and split anyway?
no, we played it out. He won the first set. I won the second.

who beat imadh in bracket?
I beat him in WSF, Bernard beat him in LSF

camillo *****.
Yes. Indeed
Answers in bold

I.B

Smash Lord
oh shiiieeet didn't know we're doing top 6 payout -- cool cool i'll grab the money from whoever's holding it next time i come down

ggs everyone, fun *** tournament! Saw a lot of people i havent seen in forever, brings back memories *tear*

also, special shoutout to my boys Reis and Izek for making their mark.. y'all moving on up!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Imadh if I ever can go to one of these, we should team for old time's sake and double Fox or something. Y'know, like ROM and whichever Starfurry.

Shoutouts (despite not being there)

Izek - Nice Falco. Try to be more fluid with your shield pressure, though. You need better observational skills on shields so you can spot habits, or fish for things by stopping pressure. Your anti-shield game looks too narrow and too mechanical. I think you should have gone Peach on Brinstar but James has... me training... in Peach dittos so... yeah. Ban it maybe? Falco's pretty good on FD anyway lol, and FoD isn't bad when you learn how to dair spam like a beast.

Riddlebox - We're finally learning the Marth MU! I knew you could do it! You looked good vs Reis; death combos are gay. I dunno. We already talked. You got this next time. The stream was fine, everything was recorded... you didn't shirk your responsibilities. You're still an entrant too. :)

Idea - I heard there was a pretty woman at this. Walking down the street. Asian, so it's the kind you like to meat. If you know what I mean. ;)

Drekken - Nice commentary despite knowing almost nothing about the game. I think me around would have been sick for commentary 'cuz you're funny and build the hype and I... have a soothing voice. And know everything there is to know about most aspects of this game right now. Anyway, the stream was great; thanks for making it happen.

Tect - Your secondaries play so gay! Umm, we talked about your sets at my house but yeah... if you're gonna do something as extreme as KJ64 where the only way to win is literally to camp and never lose the lead (because the slopes ruin a lot of Fox's approach potential and Puff crouch is homosexual) you can't decide halfway through the match to abandon the strategy. If you want to use a variety of styles to win, just pick something like FD or Pokemon. Puff can only ban one. Stop getting gimped by my Fox. And death combo'd by my Sheik. :awesome:

Mike - Always nice to see your Marth. I still think you need to get more comfortable doing gay offstage edgeguards but you get more efficient every time I see you. I think you need to use fewer panic KO moves like Up+B versus Bernie. This isn't ICs where Uair is like 8-17% (depending on if Nana's alive) and that's the end of it... Fox hits really freaking hard. :(

Bernie & Ryan - Nice performance as always in the losers/winner's brackets respectively. Final test game 5 was cute. Bernie's dash dance game when he's playing decently is... terrifyingly effective. It's a shame that stun lasers largely put a stop that. :p

Camilo - You're a beast. Good work beating Bernie in winner's. You guys always have such entertaining sets. Let's play soon! It's been too long! (like, a week LOL)

Bing - Thanks for dropping by. You're a trooper.

Reis - Jigglypuff is gay but... you gotta control yourself. And there are some tricks I can show you that make the MU significantly easier if you want. Or ask Ryan but he's likely to say something like "be better" or "abuse mobility and get under her" or "if she doesn't let you get under her because she's low to the ground use dash dance, shield game, etc". Bernie probably has some good thoughts. I dunno. In teams I wouldn't bother engaging her unless you have really good up throw > up air timings and you're really good at avoiding u-throw rest. Puff mostly just sits on the sidelines and looks for rests and supports so most of the time I think you can ignore Puff. And if she seriously tries to engage Fox/Peach directly in teams she's probably gonna get ***** so... yeah.

Gilbert - OMG MY LOVE <3333 I missed you so much! I miss Steve's basement and how we'd just play like 800 friendlies and it would be awesome! Come back soon!

Love to GTA. Let's try to keep these numbers 32+ so we can continue to have clean pools, bracket, and hype. Melee doesn't have to die anytime soon! We got this!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
are there any vids of singles?

saw the ~2 hour vid on the stream site but that was all doubles.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
was fun guys, hope to see everyone soon

slowly improving :)

Bing

Smash Master
Imadh: Well, Your Marth is Mad good, and I wanted to play you, but I didnt get to ;-;

Izek - Once again, you gave me another loss in pools via Peach/Falco, Thank you. On another note, I was the one who corrected Drekken's spekking of Izek. XD

James/Riddlebox - You Knocked me and Gilbert out of Teams, Good **** though, Your gunna be top 5 very shortly XD

Kyle/Idea - Just Like James, you knocked us out of teams. Thanks for sitting down with me for awhile and giving me tips, Im really trying to progress. Also, Congratz on being the Hero of Samantha's story... I still wanna read that when it comes out, I'm also featured because I actually have to travel XD

Drekken - Not much to say, Thank you for giving me a nickname "The Search Engine" Also, We have the same style, I love it <3

Tect - Just saying, TOO GOOD. Absolutely wrecked us in teams, maybe next time :p

Mike - I got to play you in teams and Marth Dittos in friendlies. I know in one of the 2 dittos we played I only lost by one stock, I dont know if you were trying, but it was a boost of confidence so... Thank you XD

Bernie(Rain Ox) - As always, A pleasure to see you, I didnt get to play you until 3-4am at David's, and Im not gunna lie, I was so ****ing exhausted I was terrible XD Still, BTW that was like top 5 car rides ever XD

Ryan/Unknown - Well, you did it, FALCO. That side b ko at the end of game 1 = MAD HYPE. Me and Tin were freaking. Thanks for letting me pay 5$ late, I really didnt want to run to the bank XD.

Camilo - You never cease to amaze me, your a great player, and not gunna lie, Im almost positive that 2nd place is your next "Test"

KirbyKaze/David - Thank you letting me crash at your place, we spoke 1 or 2 sentences to each other, and we didnt play, but I always enjoy being around you XD

Gilbert - My homie, thanks for coming with me, 5th in teams FTW. Hope you'll join me next time <3

Tin Man - I absolutely adore you XD Funniest man ever. Remember you promised me a shirt!

Chanelle - Hmm, you didnt go Samus in our friendlies... instead we did Pikachu Dittos and My Kirby vs your Ganon... Still, I always enjoy hangin out with you, btw, your parents suck <-- not really but you know what I mean XD

Protein - One thing, King of the Hill, Falcon 3 ways = mad fun XD

Samantha/Cute Reporter - Cant wait to read the story; It was nice being asked questions about the scene, game and stuff, made me feel important... XD

sorry if I forgot you.. <3

Izek

Smash Cadet
Izek - Once again, you gave me another loss in pools via Peach/Falco, Thank you. On another note, I was the one who corrected Drekken's spekking of Izek. XD
thanks man :D.. and ggs. i was testing my peach this tournament..(though i ended up using more falco due to some matches that i can't stand with peach -___-)

also did i go falco against you in pools? i dont remember :S

Izek

Smash Cadet
Nah you just used Peach XD I think... XD

In like every tourney Ive been to, you've been in my pool...
really??? even in January? ( 1st tourney btw) wow damn.. haha dw ill go falco next time :)... have u played my teammate reis? his marth is like ib jr :p

I.B

Smash Lord
omg David, completely forgot about our double Fox run at RoM. Would be honored to do it again sometime soon :)

Bing

Smash Master
really??? even in January? ( 1st tourney btw) wow damn.. haha dw ill go falco next time :)... have u played my teammate reis? his marth is like ib jr :p
Oh no, i have played your Falco XD

And no I actually have never played Reis, though I know he's mad good.

And I would love to play your Falco... Its like, my #1 worst match up(which sucks because so many people use Falco, I just get ****ed up by the laser game and every gets ****ed up by his combos)

Top Bottom