• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I do want to team, Vato!

I just want to make sure you can make it, because if you can't I don't want to be left at Apex without a partner :c

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I beat nick riddle (although game 2 was really dumb for him) so clearly I'm

...ok in the matchup :laugh:

:phone:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think the MU is even. Lets not forget that she has one of the easiest and easiest to set up infinites on Diddy. Also, I beat Fierce so I'm the best in that MU

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think diddy has advantage without the infinite. the infinite brings it even, I personally think

and lol infinites just happen mid match bro not like ZSS needs that much space she can do it on any neutral except yoshis

Player-1

Smash Legend
she needs a banana near her after the dmsash so the only good set up is like glidetoss to dsmash so just watch out for it and you'll be fine

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
So for some dumb reason I kept tryin to jump oos after the glide toss and I got hit by the downsmash. And it made me wonder....if our shield is already picked at a bit, will we still shield downsmash?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I feel like if the ZSS sees we Shield the Glide Toss, if they're competent they'd Grab and go from there. Shieldgrab / Shield > Spotdodge / Shield > Jab, maybe?

P1, DRN doesn't know the infinite, lol. When I played him I kept thinking he was trying to set it up, and afterward he was all "lol wut infinite?"

Dakpo

Smash Lord

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea dakpo got me in friendlies too with it. It honestly isnt hard to get a diddy in that situation. Not like they need pristine conditions like our infinite, for it to work

Dakpo

Smash Lord
they need to have a banana near them when they get a dsmash on you, just be careful of that situation and no infinite.
Well lets recap on what you just said, they need to have a banana near them. Are you saying it shouldn't be in your hand? Because i will have the other one, and if its not in your hand then good luck standing next to it with Zss mid range game

Player-1

Smash Legend
what? I'm saying you can't dsmash with a banana in your hand (well you can, but no one uses it) so the banana needs to be near ZSS when she gets the dsmash and her only reliable set up to that is glidetoss to dsmash, as long as your careful with that then you should be fine.

Player-1

Smash Legend
hold A (or w.e control you use) when you pick up a banana then use c stick and you'll charge it, release A to stop charging it

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh i misread your post as "smashes" which i guess would still be wrong, but yeah now that i think about it, i think it's only for fsmash too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh okay. It would be fantastic if we could do any smash with a banana. USmash would see a lot more use as we could run around using it as a makeshift dash attack with a banana at hand.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
what? I'm saying you can't dsmash with a banana in your hand (well you can, but no one uses it) so the banana needs to be near ZSS when she gets the dsmash and her only reliable set up to that is glidetoss to dsmash, as long as your careful with that then you should be fine.
oh i see what your saying, sorry
Well just to let you know, if we do have a banana in hand and we hit you with a Natural special charged or uncharged you potentially could lose a stock because it combos into glide toss. It is also an easy set up if you hit our shield and we are holding a banana

T-block

B2B TST
yeah i had heard that dakpo was really good at playing with the infinite

that's why i opted to play PT over diddy and get my *** camped off instead woooo

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ive only gotten infinited twice in tourney matches

once by nick riddle and once by dtorr

all the other times were friendlies :laugh:

Player-1

Smash Legend
like...do you guys not realize ZSS is not only in the category of easiest character to infinite, but easiest character to set the infinite up on as well...? We can do it back and much better too

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I still feel as though diddy solidly wins this match up.
@ Gnes Sorry I didn't mention that they were friendlies;however, I never said they were in tournament. Would you mind doing some serious friendlies at LSC? Or if that's not possible maybe a $5 money match? I might not even get the chance to run into you in the bracket since the amateur bracket is looking pretty tough, but I would still really love to get some good games in.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
The more I play against ics, the more I enjoy it. Killing nana is so easy! And then sopo gets so depressed and kills himself XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom