• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Critique Thread

philip comin in with the jokes owww wassup
oww sup andy haha. i'm alright, still haven't played smash since we did, etc. how you doing, still improving? i thought you had a pretty tight game last time...

dang, i still remember that match on stadium where you had me down to one stock and you had three, and i went mindgame beast mode and came back and won... AND IT DIDN'T GET RECORDED OH GAWWWWD WHAT AM I DOING IN LIFE

sorry, conflicting emotions of "andy played better than me in almost every match
i wish i played smash more
why am i still talking about a videogame i don't even own anymore..."

oh right, those clips still on my computer... (delete, y/n?)

you never uploaded those matches, btw. were they that bad? i mean really, i just wanted to see more of myself on youtube. and you too, i mean. wa represent! and all that.

=D

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Yo philip I lost my capture card! We had some pretty stylin clips and some of the matches weren't bad at all but unfortunately my card was lost while I was moving out :(

Yo philip I lost my capture card! We had some pretty stylin clips and some of the matches weren't bad at all but unfortunately my card was lost while I was moving out :(
what! gets those tapes to me asap. i still have mine! (and all my favorite vdub compression settings.)

but really, you still have them?

"i'll find the tapes...
all the tapes."

lol. but yeah that'd be great. or you could just wait until i'm in seattle next (no idea when that will happen). pm coming anyway.

Geist

Smash Master
Dazzles and gamebridges are the most common method I see, but some people are ghetto as **** and use vcrs to record tapes

Dazzles and gamebridges are the most common method I see, but some people are ghetto as **** and use vcrs to record tapes
*** you and your vhs hating ** you ***ing **** ****
*** ** ** **** ********!

Traditionally I've used VHS --> Dazzle. It worked.
But I got an S-video cable for my Wii, and I just went Wii --> Dazzle.

(if i had a sups-cool laptop, probably never would have gone tape)

You don't own the game? Man, you should get it; it's still being sold at Gamestop. It's still pretty expensive for a GCN game, though......$12. O_o
lol. bra i sold all my games. nothin left.

So as long as you have an S-video cable, you can use the Dazzle?
oh, no, just... i never had a cool laptop or anything, so before, the best way was to use vhs tapes, because they were portable. but, after i got an s-video cable, i decided, well, let's just hook up the tv right next to the computer, because now i can get better video quality. er and i think the main reason was because the clips i was recording were at other people's houses, and i didn't want to set up recording over there.. i guess. it was never really thought out.
i also used a digital camera at one point too, that was interesting, just recording the tv.

lol well, if you're wanting to find a way to record stuff... yeah, the dazzle dvc100 or 101 or whatever will be your cheapest bet and will work fine. i find it's easier to use a program like virtualdub (which can be complicated-ish, but it doesn't have to be) to record and compress your video, or at least to record. if anything, you can always use windows movie maker to compress your vids.

but if you're wanting to record for something other than smash in the future, i'd suggest doing a little homework and getting a better product that will benefit you further down the road. just saying.

but my dazzle has worked well for me, for recording a few matches at a time.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You could also use the Pinnacle Video Transfer to record things without having to have it hooked to a computer. Although it takes a long time to encode if you record for 3+ hours straight.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Just on the side at tournments. It happened a few times out here, I don't think I saw it while on the East Coast.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
Linguini is really good bro, I think he knows how to fight sami.
Ganon is a really simple match-up (IMO). My main strat is to force him to approach with spaced missiles, then punish him when he throws out an attack. I honestly don't know what Ganondorf can do vs a camping Samus. Match-up chart needs to be edited.

Pi

Smash Hero
^basically that...
guini is really good, one of if not the best ganon out there
but it's still just ganon, he's big and slow and gets edgeguarded to hell

ThePrime

Smash Lord
but seriously your recent set vs colbol was awesome, you two are def the people to watch for high level fox samus good stuff.

Can't wait to meet some of you east coast guys at apex!

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Linguini is really good bro, I think he knows how to fight sami.
Ganon is a really simple match-up (IMO). My main strat is to force him to approach with spaced missiles, then punish him when he throws out an attack. I honestly don't know what Ganondorf can do vs a camping Samus. Match-up chart needs to be edited.
It seemed like he let himself get frustrated which caused him to get hit by a lot of unneccessary missiles. I'm not sure if I approve of him taking you to Stadium after getting missile camped the first game or two though. What was your ban? Yoshi's?

Also haven't you beaten him before with less missiles in tourney?

Good stuff though Plup.

Pi

Smash Hero
^he def got frustrated, talked to him after the set
he may be going shiek next time
and afaik i don't think plup has taken a set from guini w/o camping
though he has taken games

camping ganon sounds and looks pretty solid as a strat
if you see any ways around it feel free to call em out though so we can find work arounds to that lol

and yea i asked plup wtf about guini CPing stadium, i think his response was 'yea i don't know what he was thinking either lol'

ganon's only saving grace may lie in upair or nair, because his fair is too slow, and the missiles kinda prevent him from spacing bairs effectively

Smashjin

Smash Ace
It might have been a set with RockCrock I was thinking of? I'm not sure.

I don't think Ganon vs. Samus is THAT bad, but getting through missile spam is probably super annoying.

If Ganon plays patiently he can probably u-air and use platforms to get through/around missiles close enough to keep Samus scared of shooting missiles or punish her for them. Ganon can kill Samus fairly well since he's strong, and his u-air should do pretty well against her if he can get below her. Edge-guarding shouldn't be too bad with reverse u-airs and just simple stuff if she up-b's.

I'd have to think for a few about what I'd put for the matchup ratio though.

I'm surprised guini didn't go to FoD (assuming Yoshi's was banned) or back to Battlefield.

Top Bottom