• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 5: No Escape - Thanks to everyone that watched ^_^!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmx

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to make it to this after all. Something came up and I'll likely be busy for most of Saturday. I'm trying to make rearrangements but my hopes aren't high.

I'll probably still watch the stream though and see if I can promote it on other sites.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yooooo sorry for being so elusive, checking on the status on something. Waiting on a phone call that will determine if I can go to this or not. Ask Patches if you must know lol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
After over a month of waiting, the tournament finnally draws near. The competition is going to be really strong. 70% of the PR is confirmed, and to top it off, Ally & Holy will be there. This tournament will also be Stroumbert's second time in Southern Ontario. Though he may not be known by a few of you, he's definitely a favourite for placing in the money.

In addition to the competition, this new bracket type will also provide plenty of hype. Hopefully you have all of your matchups practised by now, because there's no where left to run. Loser's pools will provide a new challenge for many of you. And the one person who succeeds will be rewarded with an even harder pool in the next round of losers. Several matches are going to be played, making the events at this tournament definitely worth the investment for entering them. I encourage all of you to try your best because this tournaments going to be packed with action!

I must also mention that I'm aiming for this tournament to gather a lot of exposure. So everyone do your best to promote the livestream. I know it's in everyone's best interest to have many people watching our tournament. I also came up with an idea to promote the event and the livestream.

STREAM@3pm

I encourage all of you to let this be your signature for JUST 1 DAY. (Just quote this post then copy and paste)! I know most of you post on several places on the boards, and there are definately people who are going to be eager looking for a stream. This is meant to catch their attention. I'd like to see if we can go over 150 viewers at the same time. This event is definitely worth it.

Good luck to everyone and see you all tomorrow :bee:.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
:x seems like everyone is getting some practice in... maybe I should start to... *stares at the dead old reliable* T^T Time to practice with the noobie controller... :c

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
JUST realized with the new brackets if I get a bad path (which has happened before) I could be out before the losers pools.... Uh oh

TIME TO PRACTICE MORE!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Put it in my sig but I pretty much only post in canada and on the ness boards lol

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
Every little bit counts!

That's the spirit!

Anyways I was going to suggest the same thing but I also thought it was too late at least for this event. For next tourny definitively have everyone keep the link (and a short explanation with date) in their sigs. Weeks prior to the event. It's easy, free advertising and costs zero effort. Gawd I sound like a salesperson.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I was really looking forward to playing sg, tech, and googs :'(

Linked that **** on bfc, probably should expect a bunch of stream viewers tomorrow, biased for me and Meek haha

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
actuallly if Tin message me on msn when you get a chance broski! Imma try to see if i can take the bus from elgin mills. (Sure immma have to walk 3 ****in hours to the first bus stop but hey sheik needs that rep!)

Again if someone wants to give me a ride id love you long time....
Ill bring a "recording" wii

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
^ YOUR GOING <3
K i dont care im coming XD ill put in that walk for my greek friend =3
Also i hope peachy has a partner since i told him i would team if you didnt show...

edit: Ninja'd by ally... i meant illiad

but this means top 3 for doubles is my goal

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
why does my boyfriend manage to piss me off right before every goddamn tourney

johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns johns

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
THE TWIST

Loser's pools :o

To explain how this system works, when you are in the losers bracket, instead of playing 1 person at a time, you will be placed in a pool of 4. You will then play everyone in your pool and only 1 person will advance. I believe that this system is worth a try due to the amount of benefits it promises. The biggest advantage this system offers is the improvement in accuracy of the results. This is what the results would look like if 32 players entered the tourney.

[collapse=Placings]1.
25.[/collapse]

If anything, I figure it's worth a try. I believe the accuracy that these results present is extremely valuable. Now there is a top 5! Now there is a top 10! This also allows people the opportunity to play more matches in the losers bracket. I believe this would be good in developing the scene since people will have more exposure to playing others in a tournament setting. It also removes some instances of a "lucky bracket" since people will be required to play more sets than before to advance. Even though it still is possible to dodge some players, compared to the standard double elimination bracket, there's...

No Escape​
Oh my god I'm doing this at my next tournament. I love this.

Mprime

Smash Ace
Too excited, been so long since we had a nice tourney like this and i can't wait to see the results now that mk is banned

Patches

Smash Master
Yeah. Good luck to everyone! I'll se you all at 10 in the morning. And remember, anyone going to Apex, I need to talk to you all!

If you don't know me, I have a :gw: tattoo on my wrist. If I'm not inside, I'm outside having a smoke.

And I'm still looking for a partner, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom