• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not really. Everything's really ridiculous right now and a lot of scumteams seem possible out of the adum/Swiss/July/John/Asdioh pool. If we could confirm my sanity with this lynch (Swiss or adum) that would be lovely. If we could confirm night actions with this lynch (Swiss or adum) that would be great. If we could get to the bottom of this roleblock mystery (Asdioh or Swiss) that would be excellent.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Anytime the reasoning for wanting to lynch someone is "I think he's indy even though we have no confirmation of indies and only one mafia flip" it makes me really uncomfortable.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What about when that's only one person's reasoning and you're acting like that's what the wagon exists for. Getting cold feet, Asdioh?

You always accepted two town RB's as acceptable and you never doubted Swiss's claim. Why? How does town RBing Sokr make sense?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm saying I'm uncomfortable about Adum, not the Swiss lynch.

I'm not sure why he would RB Sokr. He never actually explained his reasoning for either of his night actions. I remember Adum saying that it made no sense for Swiss as mafia to target Sokr, and part of his reasoning for that was that I guess Swiss thought Sokr was scummy on D1? I should go back and look at that specifically.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If Swiss is scum, Adum is almost certainly scum. However, if Adum is scum, Swiss is more likely town.

It's weird, I know.
I'm not so sure about this anymore. Notice that Swiss claimed his N2 visit to RR only after Adum had claimed to track July.

I don't even know, I'm going to bed. Kantrip, depending on who we lynch toDay and what they flip, who do you think I should roleblock?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Right, I missed my stop on the train so have no time.

I can prove I'm RB'er.

Kantrip - I blocked Sokr as I thought he was a Reyth (esp. indie), even Adum was giving reasons as to why this was a townie move earlier, did he not? This game has too many unknowns for you to follow pure mechanics, factor in your reads as well.

We are not lynching anyone other than Adum. He is depserate and his entire case on me stems not from me acting scummy, or him spotting any scum motivation, but it ALL stems from "lol 2 rb'ERS IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Town lost a game not too long ago because we lynched an Indie, and assumed there could not be another. There was. (Vanz endgamed us as scum as it happened). ANY SET UP IS POSSIBLE if it is balanced.

More RB'ers tends the game towards less night action or 'random' - with the partial flips, this makes sense. We do not know what PR's scum have , so why is he so quick to say what PR's town can't have?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Actually amazed at what Adum pulle on you guys while I was asleep. Even the tone of Kant saying "why is Swiss not responding" showed open hostility - it's fkin 3 in the morning for me when you guys post. Be more reasonable.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I can prove I'm RB'er.

Kantrip - I blocked Sokr as I thought he was a Reyth (esp. indie), even Adum was giving reasons as to why this was a townie move earlier, did he not? This game has too many unknowns for you to follow pure mechanics, factor in your reads as well.

We are not lynching anyone other than Adum. He is depserate and his entire case on me stems not from me acting scummy, or him spotting any scum motivation, but it ALL stems from "lol 2 rb'ERS IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Town lost a game not too long ago because we lynched an Indie, and assumed there could not be another. There was. (Vanz endgamed us as scum as it happened). ANY SET UP IS POSSIBLE if it is balanced.

More RB'ers tends the game towards less night action or 'random' - with the partial flips, this makes sense. We do not know what PR's scum have , so why is he so quick to say what PR's town can't have?
And where's the buffer for the two almost automatic lynches that would come out of this?

You accept the validity of counterclaims in every other setup, why not this one? And this setup further discourages it, why then do you not accept it here?

You're desperate and trying to buy time.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
or we could lynch John toDay and have a slew of new night actions to pore over toMorrow.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Seriously game? Bleck.

Well here's something I wanted to talk about. This game has partial flips. That means that if we have an important role like Cop get killed before claiming, we'll never know they were cop. That means scum might get a chance later to claim cop without a CC.

I've been weighing the pros and cons of having the Cop claim toDay. What do you guys think?

Pros:
-less likely for there to be a fake cop claim
-can potentially get a clear toDay from the cop, and another clear from their N1 target
-good Doc target, won't be targeted by any negative town roles

Cons:
-can have results messed with by scum starting toNight
-idk
Oh hey Kantrip how about that blatant roleblocker crumb

Oh doublehey Kantrip you actually posted while I was rereading. I'm kind of joking about John, but I mentioned earlygame that I didn't want a question mark to be around lategame, and of course he still is, as in every mafia game.
Maybe we shouldn't lynch him toDay, but definitely definitely consider vigging him toNight, regardless of who we lynch and what they flip. Unless we lynch scum toDay and somebody can convince me there's no way John can be that player's scummate. Except nobody can, so strongly consider vigging him.

This is really pissing me off because I'm rereading, paying attention to Adum and Swiss, but it's so easy to see them as town. John, on the other hand, doesn't have a single townie post aside from him AtEing when I suggested that maybe he was just a newbie/didn't like replacing. He clearly hasn't taken stances, is afraid to put himself out there, won't respond to current events unless forced, and is just scumming his way through the game in much the same way RR did. -_-

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Or we could lynch swiss and nk john.

This roleblockers thing needs to get resolved before lylo.

I explained why it's absolute bull**** over and over, if you're gonna accept that two town roleblockers is possible in this game you might as well just accept that you won't be able to ever get any firm answers from him because he'll just invent some other stupid unsupported possibility and you'll never be able to tell the difference.

If I'm wrong, well feel free to lynch me, but this needs to be resolved.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh hey Kantrip how about that blatant roleblocker crumb

Oh doublehey Kantrip you actually posted while I was rereading. I'm kind of joking about John, but I mentioned earlygame that I didn't want a question mark to be around lategame, and of course he still is, as in every mafia game.
Maybe we shouldn't lynch him toDay, but definitely definitely consider vigging him toNight, regardless of who we lynch and what they flip. Unless we lynch scum toDay and somebody can convince me there's no way John can be that player's scummate. Except nobody can, so strongly consider vigging him.

This is really pissing me off because I'm rereading, paying attention to Adum and Swiss, but it's so easy to see them as town. John, on the other hand, doesn't have a single townie post aside from him AtEing when I suggested that maybe he was just a newbie/didn't like replacing. He clearly hasn't taken stances, is afraid to put himself out there, won't respond to current events unless forced, and is just scumming his way through the game in much the same way RR did. -_-
Roleblocker crumb yes. Town roleblocker crumb? No.

You missed the sarcasm in my response. Bleck at your suggestion that we vig with the risk of a redirector. Unless of course you know scum has no redirector to worry about.

Swiss, good answer about why you targeted Sokr. At this point, I can actually see where adum is coming from with his indySwiss read.

Do you two really think each other are scum, playwise? What say you to lynching Asdioh? I want your thoughts on this, I'm not necessarily advocating it yet.

Or is the consensus that one of the two of you dies?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Reread from Kantrip's "gambit" here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13718178#post13718178

Swiss and Adum sure found each other townie during that time.

@Swiss and Adum: is there any chance that you're both town and that things went horribly wrong somewhere?
Up until toDay, I thought Adum was ton. His play, his crumbs, the way he played tracker - all fell into place for me. But after toDay, and the way we've been at each other - there is no resolution other than the death of one of us. To my mind, he might has well have claimed scum to me. And I'm sure he'll say exactly the same.

You missed the sarcasm in my response. Bleck at your suggestion that we vig with the risk of a redirector. Unless of course you know scum has no redirector to worry about.

Swiss, good answer about why you targeted Sokr. At this point, I can actually see where adum is coming from with his indySwiss read.

Do you two really think each other are scum, playwise? What say you to lynching Asdioh? I want your thoughts on this, I'm not necessarily advocating it yet.

Or is the consensus that one of the two of you dies?
Asdioh lynch is not happening. He's too relaxed, too OK with everything, and doesn't even feel the need to make a specific push.

Look, I'm really hungover, and pretty sure I'm still drunk. Adum is saying two RB'ers is utterly ridiculous because of balance (then starts saying CC Validity - which isn't even a real term) - it's just not true. Look at the facts, we KNOW there have to be at least 2 RB'ers in the game (assuming Asdioh town) and we KNOW I'm willing to prove I'm also a RB. wtf.

And Adum, in response to your remarkably snide posts, even though I know you're scum; I CAN PROVE I AM A RB'ER.

Kantrip, I targeted Sokr as to my mind he was likely indie. And at that point I believe I still thought it possible he was a fake account. He really reminded me of Reyth. Too much.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Went to quote, and I still have a few extra quotes from last night. Guess I might as well say what I think of them. I quoted a few of Adum's quotes looking specifically at his intent at the time
You're not the cop, and you don't have a guilty on me. The former is incredibly unlikely and would mean gova is a *******, the latter is pretty much impossible.

unvote, vote: kantrip
From the get go, he makes it clear he thinks there is no cop. This coincides with his town tracker claim, which means he really is town, or he had planned to claim tracker from the beginning. Either way, it's a pretty legitimate response now that I know his claim.

Wait, kantrip. I swear to god if you're pulling a ludi I will get you blacklisted from every mafia site ever made.
This post, however, is scummy AtE.

There is no way it's a legit report.

I've seen town and scum fakeclaim cop and pass it off as a gambit during the day phase. I've seen scum fakeclaim cop and after the lynch say it was a gambit, and just once, I saw town do this as well. It's an ongoing game that I'm hydraing in for mafiascum, but you have more then enough info to find it.

I like my vote where it is for now, for the rest I'll take a wait and see attitude.
Sticking to his concept of tracker+cop being overpowered. Trying to convince Kantrip to stop the gambit if he's gambiting.

Overall, his response to the 'guilty' was decent, except for the fact that when talking to Swiss in their code, he tried to convince him that the fact that he was a tracker meant he was a guaranteed town tracker.
I also still don't understand his concept of "Swiss wouldn't target Sokr unless it was for a kill if he was mafia."

Very well.

Swords - Haven't seen a post in four pages, but that's irrelevant to my read on him..From what I've seen, unless he is making a case or something, he is of few words, with RR posting more detail more frequently. Singling out Sword and RR posts going 11 pages back, I would be fine with lynching Swords, and keeping an eye on RR.
Adumb - what's the post # for it?
quoted these because he's SCUM
he was even viewing last night and didn't post >=((((((((

You missed the sarcasm in my response.
No I didn't, how could anyone?
Bleck at your suggestion that we vig with the risk of a redirector. Unless of course you know scum has no redirector to worry about.
When has there ever been any evidence of a redirector? The only way there could be a redirecting role is if Adum is mafia tracker, and tracked Swiss. He saw Swiss visit Sword, but he knew that Sword and Sokr had been bussed, so he said Swiss visited Sokr. Otherwise, if they had a redirector, he wouldn't have known Swiss' original target.
Does that make sense? All I know is that Sword was roleblocked, which screams mafia jailor/roleblocker to me, and it's more likely than bus driver. I have no idea why scum would want to bus drive Sokr and Sword.

But yeah, I still want John vigged. I already suggested that Sokr could choose to protect or vig whoever he wanted, and I said who I wanted specifically. It's up to him to choose, and not let scum know what it will be. If he somehow gets redirected, at least we'll know there was a redirector.

Up until toDay, I thought Adum was ton.
Time to lose weight, adum :/

Look, I'm really hungover, and pretty sure I'm still drunk. Adum is saying two RB'ers is utterly ridiculous because of balance (then starts saying CC Validity - which isn't even a real term) - it's just not true. Look at the facts, we KNOW there have to be at least 2 RB'ers in the game (assuming Asdioh town) and we KNOW I'm willing to prove I'm also a RB. wtf.
I hope you don't intend to prove your role by blocking someone like Kantrip, btw.

I'm frustrated by the fact that Swiss and Adum both said "lynch me toMorrow if the other flips town." That's just begging for us to lose if you are both somehow town.

July

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not being here, it's reading days and its stressful and finals are coming up so obviously I've been drunk as hell studying.

rereading early game (again)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13643236&postcount=186
This post among others, interactions with RR, etc. give me both "swiss is town" vibes and "Swiss is not scummates with RR" vibes, so Swiss is town.
By the way, did you really think Seikend's first post was super scummy, or was that just pressure?
If Swiss is scum, Adum is almost certainly scum. However, if Adum is scum, Swiss is more likely town.

It's weird, I know.
Kk, if Adum flips scum though, how will both of you account for Kantrip's gunsmith results?

You skipped the part where there's any evidence that a re-director exists at all. Or what that would apply for anything.

This says that it's a naked attempt to simply get me lynched because you don't want to want to deal with asdioh's CC directly until lylo. My track is the other weak link for you, and you want it closed.

You have provided no other reason for believing I'm scum beyond the fact that I'm attacking you, nor have you explained why the case doesn't make sense.

This is obviously just nakedly survivalistic, and survivalistic in the sense that you know you'll be proven wrong but want to delay until being proven wrong no longer matters.
I've actually been thinking about this, because I see a lot of people saying that Adum scum =/= Swiss scum which based on interactions I can see, but Kantrip's gunsmith results bug the hell out of me. Furthermore, John has been useless thus far and last time I posted and asked John for his input and he has not responded, on top of all the scummy posts from early :-/

If Adum scum =/= Swiss scum, that means one Night Kantrip results must have gotten messed with. If there is a redirector, then Night actions would have to look like this: Swiss was redirected to Swords N1, Kantrip was redirected to scum N2 and got a result back from that person instead of Swiss. Asdioh, you mentioned our D.Gray night actions, I don't remember specifics of how your and JTB/Gheb's roles worked but I feel like it was something like this, right? Anyways...its a possibility.

Not really. Everything's really ridiculous right now and a lot of scumteams seem possible out of the adum/Swiss/July/John/Asdioh pool. If we could confirm my sanity with this lynch (Swiss or adum) that would be lovely. If we could confirm night actions with this lynch (Swiss or adum) that would be great. If we could get to the bottom of this roleblock mystery (Asdioh or Swiss) that would be excellent.
QFT, we need a lynch that provides some clarity about Night actions.

I can prove I'm RB'er.

Wow...that explanation makes a hell of a lot of sense. Uggh the terrible thing is I'm starting to see clear pro-town intent from both Asdioh and Swiss. So that leaves Adum/John, based on reads and disregarding stupid ****ing Night action issues.

Either way, at this point I pretty much don't see a scumteam option that DOESN'T include Adum.

Vote: Adumbrodeus

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
There was a mafia puppeteer in D.gray man. It basically let you take control of a player's Night actions. The only catch was that the player had to be voting for the same person as you going into the Night.
We used it to redirect the cop onto himself, thus clearing me. Then we used it to force him to have no result. It was like a redirector+roleblocker combined, and was pretty powerful.
I was just throwing out the possibility that something like that was used on me, but it's unlikely.

July

Smash Apprentice
This is from the last time I posted:

I try my best but its so hard to know what to do when I'm not in the kitchen.

@John: You been quite quiet on this whole thing. Who are your scumpicks? Thoughts on things other than Felipe's gambit?

July

Smash Apprentice
There was a mafia puppeteer in D.gray man. It basically let you take control of a player's Night actions. The only catch was that the player had to be voting for the same person as you going into the Night.
We used it to redirect the cop onto himself, thus clearing me. Then we used it to force him to have no result. It was like a redirector+roleblocker combined, and was pretty powerful.
I was just throwing out the possibility that something like that was used on me, but it's unlikely.
Kk, well its one more thing to consider I guess. Asdioh, thoughts on Kantrip's gunsmith results and how we deal with them if Adum flips scum?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This post, however, is scummy AtE.

Sticking to his concept of tracker+cop being overpowered. Trying to convince Kantrip to stop the gambit if he's gambiting.
Asdioh, have you not seen me get pissed at simple bad play before? I'm sure Kantrip remembers newbie 14.

Suffice it to say that I didn't realize he was just gambiting for reads at that point, I had to reread to understand. The thought had crossed my mind that he was a townie that was so convinced I was scum that he was gonna claim a guilty on me and have me lynched on it.

asdioh said:
Overall, his response to the 'guilty' was decent, except for the fact that when talking to Swiss in their code, he tried to convince him that the fact that he was a tracker meant he was a guaranteed town tracker.
I also still don't understand his concept of "Swiss wouldn't target Sokr unless it was for a kill if he was mafia."
Ok, let me ask you this, if I wasn't a town tracker how would I know that there wasn't a cop?

I know it's a broken combination as town, but being a mafia tracker would not affect this.

Asdioh, think about your mafia roles for a second. Please. Which mafia roles beyond killing roles would have an incentive to target asdioh ahead of well... anybody else in the game?

Also let me ask you this, as mafia what would be my incentive to chose to lynch swiss over you? Heck, it would be easy to make a case on you.

No I didn't, how could anyone?
When has there ever been any evidence of a redirector? The only way there could be a redirecting role is if Adum is mafia tracker, and tracked Swiss. He saw Swiss visit Sword, but he knew that Sword and Sokr had been bussed, so he said Swiss visited Sokr. Otherwise, if they had a redirector, he wouldn't have known Swiss' original target.
Does that make sense? All I know is that Sword was roleblocked, which screams mafia jailor/roleblocker to me, and it's more likely than bus driver. I have no idea why scum would want to bus drive Sokr and Sword.
The point is you're accepting tons of stupid assertions, just because of swiss' say so, with no evidence. Remember the redirector would have another night action last night.

There's the double town roleblockers. There's a redirector. Why do you accept this when the redirector is an obvious deus ex machina that only exists as a concept because swiss needs it to?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Up until toDay, I thought Adum was ton. His play, his crumbs, the way he played tracker - all fell into place for me. But after toDay, and the way we've been at each other - there is no resolution other than the death of one of us. To my mind, he might has well have claimed scum to me. And I'm sure he'll say exactly the same.

Seriously people, read this sh*t! Right here he pretty much admits that he's sure I'm scum because of the way I'm pushing him, but he never explained why my case is scummy.

I've always been a mechanics oriented person (as I'm sure kantrip will substantiate due to newbie 14 where I was town), why am I not merely wrong?

Because I'm inconvenient.

And Adum, in response to your remarkably snide posts, even though I know you're scum; I CAN PROVE I AM A RB'ER.
Lies, my assertion wasn't that there aren't 2 roleblockers. My assertion was that there aren't 2 town roleblockers. If you prove that you're a roleblocker you merely make it obvious you're a scum roleblocker of some stripe.

Remarkly snide? You have been in other games with me you know, getting pissed when people are being idiots is par for the course for me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've actually been thinking about this, because I see a lot of people saying that Adum scum =/= Swiss scum which based on interactions I can see, but Kantrip's gunsmith results bug the hell out of me. Furthermore, John has been useless thus far and last time I posted and asked John for his input and he has not responded, on top of all the scummy posts from early :-/

If Adum scum =/= Swiss scum, that means one Night Kantrip results must have gotten messed with. If there is a redirector, then Night actions would have to look like this: Swiss was redirected to Swords N1, Kantrip was redirected to scum N2 and got a result back from that person instead of Swiss. Asdioh, you mentioned our D.Gray night actions, I don't remember specifics of how your and JTB/Gheb's roles worked but I feel like it was something like this, right? Anyways...its a possibility.
Investigative roles are told who they scan regardless of redirection.

Wow...that explanation makes a hell of a lot of sense. Uggh the terrible thing is I'm starting to see clear pro-town intent from both Asdioh and Swiss. So that leaves Adum/John, based on reads and disregarding stupid ****ing Night action issues.

Either way, at this point I pretty much don't see a scumteam option that DOESN'T include Adum.

Vote: Adumbrodeus
How does it make sense at all?

It's not like I wasn't up front about the fact that the scummyness from swiss was because he was claiming that two town roleblockers was a legitimate possibility, which he knew better then to do and his only incentive to do so was to avoid a 1v1 with asdioh until he was able to fulfill his wincon.

Yes it's possible to balance anything in a setup, but we simply do not have anything to balance against the two lynches it would cause (unless we're claiming that RR was the only mafia...). Think about it, the only reason we're even remotely considering this is because it's swiss, if it was anyone else would you believe it?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Adumb, you haven't been making much sense to me with this RB thing..and my gut doesn't feel right about it.

Vote: Adumb

John2k4

The End of an Era
I thought 2RB was bad, and am having a hard time believing it.
As for July - my main suspects are Adumb and Swiss.

July

Smash Apprentice
Investigative roles are told who they scan regardless of redirection.
@Kantrip: When you received your investigative results, was the name of your target affirmed?

How does it make sense at all?

It's not like I wasn't up front about the fact that the scummyness from swiss was because he was claiming that two town roleblockers was a legitimate possibility, which he knew better then to do and his only incentive to do so was to avoid a 1v1 with asdioh until he was able to fulfill his wincon.

Yes it's possible to balance anything in a setup, but we simply do not have anything to balance against the two lynches it would cause (unless we're claiming that RR was the only mafia...). Think about it, the only reason we're even remotely considering this is because it's swiss, if it was anyone else would you believe it?
It makes sense that he would target Sokr thinking he was like Reyth in TT mafia. It's not just because he's Swiss, I'm trying to piece everything together and make sense of the night actions as best I can when there are so many uncertainties.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It makes sense that he would target Sokr thinking he was like Reyth in TT mafia. It's not just because he's Swiss, I'm trying to piece everything together and make sense of the night actions as best I can when there are so many uncertainties.
I'm talking about his assertions about there being double town roleblockers, not his reason for targeting.

Top Bottom