• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I would have been on earlier but I was having a little chat with my parents who aren't home right now which leads to this:

@Mod - Requesting replacement

I'm really sorry about this, and I hate to replace out, but I have been grounded for in indefinite amount of time from both my gaming systems and the computer for anything besides schoolwork. I'm working on a post (with responses to any questions) that I should be able to post within the next hour or two.

Btw, nabe, the only reason I haven't responded to you was because I didn't have a computer at my disposal and because I don't have a fancy iPhone and/or any other smartphone.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Radical Fiction is town.

Kantrip, RF. Do you guys have any specific questions for me?
I'll have to reread what took place last night because my memory is a little fuzzy. I remember it was pretty fun though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I wanna see some Asdioh vs. RF.

And awww this game just got 200% less fun now that Sang's replacing out.

:phone:

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Willing to lynch stance still stands.

Probably.

Yeah, still stands.

We'll tell you who to lynch later tonight.

@Kantrip - Ryker thought that he was scum. He was probably wrong, but I have to take my time with him.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm no longer waiting for Sang, since we're getting to that time.

I've got a town read on Kantrip. This stems from his summary of the thread, on a couple levels.

First, it came shortly after I'd asked him, meaning his idea of what comprised the thread was already in his head. As Mafia I take every opportunity to form events around my own interpretation whenever it suits a strategy, and I'm often scumhunting less as well. Overall, I think mafos have a murkier read of the thread and I think Kantrip is the type to do so.

Secondly, he dropped that summary without speculating Sangscum or trying to further his survival, when we're close to deadline and at the junction where lynches need to be picked.
I realize I called Kantrip town before he gave that summary, but I completely agree with Nabe here. I would much rather have KB/Sang lynched over Kantrip at this point.

I will need to reread those two though. Sang hasn't posted much in a while, and is now replacing, which sucks. And KB... I might have been reading into him too much as John even though it's been mostly Inferno. I'll see.
I also need to reread Raziek!

Again, Kantrip do you have any questions or anything?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I have a question Asdioh.

It turns out you really are a dayvig, as I just got a PM saying my one-shot bulletproof has been destroyed. That means Radical Fiction really is a bulletproof Serial Killer, and it also means you have a very interesting role that allows you to shoot multiple times?

Is your ability X-shot (two? three?), or is it a one-shot, but if a usage fails you may try again type thing?

Either way, it would appear you still have a shot to expend. Who are you going to use it on?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Probably Sang, because she's scummy and people that replace in usually get free passes longer than they should.
That would be ideal, because we could still consider a KB or other lynch after that, depending on Sang's flip and what it means.

Before you ask, no, I don't really know who would be [x player's] scummate if they were to flip scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So you would rather lynch Kosha Boy out of the two, as you find Kosha Boy scummier, but you would shoot Sang?

Possible Sang/Asdioh scumteam here.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kosha Boy is better vig bait at this point, and now I feel like I get A LOT more information out of this:

Unvote
Vote: Sang Warrior

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So you would rather lynch Kosha Boy out of the two, as you find Kosha Boy scummier, but you would shoot Sang?

Possible Sang/Asdioh scumteam here.
So if I had switched them around, you would be saying "possible KB/Asdioh scumteam here?"

Actually, never mind that. I've mentioned Sang's scumminess but never put much pressure on her, so I can see that.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
So if I had switched them around, you would be saying "possible KB/Asdioh scumteam here?"

Actually, never mind that. I've mentioned Sang's scumminess but never put much pressure on her, so I can see that.
Town Asdioh would be more relaxed, more blunt. You're trying to be honest and reasonable.

Trying to make friends. Friends don't lynch each other.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also you've said how you'd shoot her twice now, if you theoretically had the opportunity. Considering you say you find Kosha Boy more scummy and you would prefer a Kosha Boy lynch (even though that stance was difficult to get from you and it was clear you were trying to stay neutral), and you have your vote on Kosha Boy too, if Sang is scum I naturally am going to suspect you, who I am already getting bad vibes from. That you say you would shoot Sang is something you can't back up, so naturally it would be in your best interest to say you would shoot her to distance, knowing she's in no actual danger.

The distancing attempt in RVS was quite good, too, but a lack of communication seems to have made Sang come out of it looking scummier than was intended. Am I right?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Lynch Sang.

Want to see power roles hitting OS tonight. Vig is fine. Don't be afraid to cop him because you think vig will shoot him.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
you guuuuuuys

Kantrip and Sang, get at me with summaries to break up this long post stuff.
Ahh that color. Fair enough.

-Kanty says that I should be scum for the same reason everyone else had but much later than everyone else. I find this suspcious and call him out on it.
-Says that RF is doing a good job at scumhunting and I disagree.
-Says that I was trying to bring down RF and gorf with me and has yet to truly explain it to me.
-I questoin about deflection and his liking of RF's questioning.

There's not much else that i find extremely important. Others should feel free to point out what I missed.

When I read this, I bursted out laughing so hard like you have no idea. Well you probably do but man oh man this hit a really good funny bone.
I'm glad I could be of service. Big Brother is Watching. ....Alright, I'm done.

Me and Sang go back with that book. Me and her both wanted to throw that book when we finished.

We have some...choice...words for that book. ^^"
Yeah, like mind-****ing

Is it hindering town's progress? Do you find it particularly scummy? As long as the answer to at least one of these questions is no, I personally don't feel you need to worry about it. With Kosha Boy, I really didn't have any reasoning. I was calling the slot scummy for a bunch of reasons and voting them for pressure, which is why answering would have halted that. John has responded now, though, and I really do dislike his answer.
No, it is not hindering town's progress and I don't find it particularly scummy... for now. But it seems as if you are avoiding questions.

kanty said:
I didn't say you were deflecting onto me, and you don't need to do so for your deflecting to be scummy. I can explain to you what is scummy about deflecting: It is an attempt to remove the attention off of yourself and onto other players. Deflecting is done when one is being pressured, and rather than defend themselves, they try to move the suspicion away. This is of scum intent because they are attempting to get out of the spotlight and trying to incriminate townies. However, I don't believe you would incriminate Gorf as a scummate in this manner, so if one of you is scum I don't believe the other one is.
I believe you did say I was deflecting onto you... in your 237. "Why are you deflecting onto me now" was the comment. It's even in my response post a bit back. I quoted it. Regardless, I understand where you are coming from now. Thank you.

kanty said:
I liked what RF was doing as he was applying pressure to you to get a reaction. You, being a scumpick of his. Whether or not I agreed with him was irrelevant until I decided to actually look at the wagon.
Fair enough... I guess.

kanty said:
You have responded to RF, have you not? You are saying this to me now, and if you are saying this, you are giving everyone something to work with. That is something that has come of the pressure, and it's exactly what should come of pressure.
Depends on what you mean by responded to RF. I don't believe he asked me any questions but I did respond to his saying I was scum.

kanty said:
Is there any other reason you think I'm scum besides the main conversing with J, the well-known thing with J, and my "defensiveness"? I'm sorry, but you listed three valid points and said "make a case on me without these." They are part of what make you scummy and I'm not omitting. I said it to Kosha Boy earlier because he asked the same thing, so you can look up there. I can't know if you are defensive as town, whereas I know that I am. If you would like to point me to a game in which you were town and became defensive, I would be willing to accept that. As I have several.
I will get to this later. That's because I don't find at least two of those things to be a scumtell. Look into Newbie XIII. My only relatively good game.

kanty said:
If I recall correctly, the question was "why would I have town leans on Gorf and RF later?" Is that right? Well, there could be numerous possibilities. One of which may very well be that you want to find people townie to avoid them pressuring you. -shrug- I don't really know your motives with that, and it doesn't really matter.
If that wasn't the question, I apologize.
Pointing out a flaw in Asdioh's comment? Not really, as he was making a comment about you and you should have responded to THAT. You don't get pulled over for speeding and then tell the cop that he should be pulling over the guy who was in front of you, too. That's not how it works.
So many flaws in this section in general. First, no that was not the question. My question was for you to explain your phrasing of "trying to bring them down with her" It's in my 236 post. Secondly, the flaw I pointed out in Asdioh's logic was not saying that he should suspect the others, only that he should not be selective. And, in fact, yes, I would complain to the officer, especially if that person was going 20mph faster than I was.

kanty said:
As in, look into more than they have been?

Gorf.
Agreed, but I believe I meant in general. I will accept this though.

kanty said:
Alright I think I missed the question. Could you remind me what it was?
You were talking to J and responding to why you didn't answer my RF/Gorf question or whatever the exact referece was. You said that I had asked why I would do something as scum and I did no such thing.

kanty said:
Not really, I know of many relevant players who use deflection in their cases. I have to have got it from somewhere. I explained deflection earlier and why it's scummy.
Understood.

kanty said:
OMGUS is when you attack/vote someone for voting/attacking you, I believe.
Similarly, a chainsaw defense is when you attack/vote someone for their attack/vote on someone else (usually a scummate).
Deflection is when YOU are being attacked and you try to direct attention off of yourself and onto someone else.
Understood.

Now, for the reads list:

Overswarm - Null leaning town. None of his posts have really struck me as anything special but I do like some of them, and his approach
Vlade - null leaning town. Can't remember much from him lately but I remember liking him in the beginning so we'll keep with that.
J - Town. Nothing has really made me suspicious of him, and he seems to be trying to bring things out of people.
Bardull - Null. Again, can't remember much but I don't believe he was as... weird as he was at first so I don't think he's scum, really.
Asdioh - Town. Despite the stuff of late, I really like what he's trying to do and I like some of his posts.
Nabe - Null leaning scum. None of his posts have really done anything of value (IIRC).
Kantrip - Null leaning town. Contrary to what others believe, I like him. His responses may have been defensive and he does have some flaws in his arguments but he seems to be trying to do good for the town.
Gorf - Scum. His posts have been anti-town and he isn't really trying to scumhunt. He's just flaunting around his ego and trying to be all that. His posting restriction is distracting (as I have said before) and many of his posts are completely useless, like he is trying to look like he's doing work.
Raziek - Town. I still like him, as I have from the beginning.
Kosha Boy. Null leaning scum. I don't want him to be the play toDay but you all should keep an eye on him... them. A lot of their posts have been a little... off. I don't know exactly how to put it but I'm wary.
Radical Fiction - Town. As annoying as they are, I see what they are trying to do and I'm willing to let them scumhunt. A pair to be wary of, but, for now I believe it is safe to trust them.

With that...

Vote: Gorf

I am L-3, IIRC, and I recommend not lynching me until either I can claim, somehow, or until my replacement can claim. It's not in town's best interest to lynch me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Radical Fiction what exactly brings about your Overswarm suspicion? Was his stance on every playerslot that you asked for something that ra-

Hold on, just saw Sang's post pop up with a Gorf vote. This is more important at the moment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah it looks like your wagon has no brakes, a claim may be warranted to try to switch the tracks.

:cool:

Also your summary for Nabe was supposed to be of the whole thread. I only see like four points, and they all include the Kantrip VS Sang.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The distancing attempt in RVS was quite good, too, but a lack of communication seems to have made Sang come out of it looking scummier than was intended. Am I right?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not sure whether I should make jokes about this or not.

I'll just say that I wouldn't expect her to blow up like that if I were her scummate.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Sang: why wait until later if you intend to claim either way?

@RF: would vigging OS be a big waste if he flipped town? If so, why are you willing to risk it?

@Gorf: why am I one of the few that think the way you're posting actually makes it easier to see your thought process?

Vlade

Social Outcast
ಠ_ಠ
You realize you're calling yourself out on sheeping?
vlade's unvote is also odd because he was tunneling kantrip, yet now he just flat out backed off without really reading into why kantrip was presumably clear. this is inherently scummy and leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. ;/
I had a feeling I would be called out for sheeping, but I'd rather this than lynch a presumably cleared townie.

@Vlade: I see you viewing, what should I make of Sang's sudden town lean on me and scumread on Gorf?
As weird as this might sound, I never had a scumread on Sang. Her defensive play just didn't look scummy to me. IMO there are 2 things to make of Sang's recent play:

-You trust your read in that she's town. It IS quite a reversal in terms of your read on her. There's still the matter of whether we make her claim though.

-She voted Gorf to get you on her side, considering that you are the only other person voting Gorf.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The thing is I'm not presumably cleared and Asdioh's pronouncing me so doesn't sit well with me. Neither does your sheeping of the idea, but it makes sense considering you actually believe I am cleared for some reason.

Sang is still scummy, and she will claim.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I was typing up a read's post but then realized something.

I want KB lynched. Not Kanty or Sang really.

Nabe's vote on Sang is weird.
Screw prose it takes too long.

Dude. I seriously don't understand your logic. I'm willing to put money on the fact that you don't have shiz for reasoning for that lack of desire for the sang lynch other than the fact that she has a vagina and you don't want to lynch her because she's nice, or sweet. I'm sorry if I'm offending you, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, DAMN IT IT'S A GAME, AND DAMN IT SHE'S SCUMMY AS SHIZ YO! You even pointed out some of the major inconsistincies and bad play that she so vehemently stands by, yet you put her behind Kantrip, and behind Kosha Boy. WHAT. THE. HELL. Granted, if I'm wrong tell me cuz I freakin wanna be wrong about this, I pray for more from you J, but geez.

#HBC | Gorf

Swiss said:
Gorf quit using my posting style. Mimicking other players doesn't make you a better player. Take pointers, don't literally try and be me. Plus it's annoying.
Bro honestly when I did this I didn't even think of you till you came in here and did the same shiz and then I remembered "Oh shiz that game that Chibo tried to break where Swiss died D1 is where I got that from!"

#HBC | Gorf

Town Asdioh would be more relaxed, more blunt. You're trying to be honest and reasonable.

Trying to make friends. Friends don't lynch each other.
Actually kinda like that analysis. Kinda.

Top Bottom