• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I logged back in after about 3 years of inactivity.

nightelf56

Smash Cadet
I'm literally cringing at all my old topics and posts....

Anybody ever have this happen to them?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm cool with my post history, and it's quite extensive.

Feels good.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My newer posts are generally worse than my older ones.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I don't think many people made ****ty threads for long on here. If you do, it will most likely be shoved back up your *** by the friendly SWF populace.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Though sometimes I read my old posts (on my broken account) and notice that my responses were quite witty.

I tend not to regret things I say, and if I do I'll point it out. I can cringe at things I said or asked when I was 14 but oh well we were all 14 once.

Though it's quite creepy when past me responds better than I would nowadays. Must be all the drink.

:phone:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I distinctly remember when Melee came out I posted in an old topic which was all about speculation of who was in the game, and everyone was pissed I posted. :p
So yes, some embarrassing posts of my past. But the past makes the present, which leads us to the future, so no reason to be ashamed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol. I feel the same way. I don't think it's that I got STUPIDER or anything, more so I just stopped giving a ****. I'm a SSB4 poster, so in terms of that crazy activity, I've gotten... wiser? Just less articulate, and I don't feel the need to post page long arguments about why other people are stupid because they want to cut Sheik and have SS Impa be added.

But anyways, I look back on some of the stuff I posted when I first stared here, and.... it's silly, to say the least.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I can definitely attest to this, on a different site. Kinda hurts to look back on very old posts. :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Only one of my 2003 posts is visible, IIRC.

...But back then I was really immature. Fortunately, I didn't say anything stupid back then (on this particular forum, that is), but my grammar was not up to the standards it is today.

My posts on other forums from 2005, 2006, and 2007 can be quite cringe-worthy. I was a major drama queen. Beyond that I (mainly in 2006 and 2007) I was very depressing and whined and whined and whined about had bad my life supposedly was and how nobody could ever understand me.

Those two things make my posts very painful to read. Because I grew up.

Fortunately when I became really active here all I did was speculate about Brawl. So those sides of me never showed up here. =P

Here's my 2003 post. Does look pretty n00bish. D:

I was playing on Onnet (Super Sudden Death, 2.0, andicap:1, bob-ombs) when I was smashed through the ground! It was awesome. I got killed, but oh well. (It acted like it was an edge, I could'nt get back up and I lost a life:eek: !

BBQTV

Smash Master
when i first came here my posts were complete crap and i used to post to get my post count up

and i dont care about that and try not to post ****

many people can testify about how **** my posts were

D

Deleted member

I remember reading my old posts from IGN, Nintendo Life, and Video-Game-Info Forums, among other sites. Needless to say, I deeply regret some of the things I've said and I cringe at the thought of it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, crappy posts was a part of me back then. Somewhere around 10th grade I believe.

I still make some of them today. But usually paragraphs and sentences the wouldn't make sense to others while not noticing on what I did wrong. Being corrected once is fine, but being corrected twice or more just bothers me. And then comes the teasing. Ugh, I hate that.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Too bad I can't seem to find my very first post, I've tried searching from when I first joined but the search system can only go so far.... :/

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'll throw in my lot with Team Cringe. Luckily, my most cringe-worthy posts are cloistered away, what with pre-2007 posts being archived and all.

The 70's had some crazy groovy posts, man.
Fixed.

Man, you must have been in such an altered state of mind that whole decade, you probably don't even remember those posts.

R h y m e

Smash Apprentice
I have this problem myself, on another forum. Even with recent posts, which shouldn't be an issue, I still cringe after about three months. I don't know why, though.

D

Deleted member

Indeed, the posts I made up to around age 15 or 16 are painful to look at.

Top Bottom