• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Dakpo

Smash Lord
When should you usmash out of shield instead of using uair? I hear a lot that usmash OOS is good, but I don't know when it is and when it isn't.

EDIT: Also it seems like you should always uair out of shield because it's super good unless they're too far....

Thoughts on up B OOS? ~Kinda like usmash.....?
Up air out of shield when someone hits your shield in the air

UP smash out of shield when someone lands into you with an attack. Up smash hits things that are on the ground (like a crouching kirby) unlike up air.

Up B out of shield is extreme situational. I would only do it if they hit the back of your shield and are right next to you

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that makes sense. I didn't even think up B OOS would hit someone behind you like that. Thanks!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Uair hits people on the ground except like MK/Olimar/Kirby but some animations duck also.

upB out of shield is nice against MK's who end it on the top platform of BF

Fair is -11 iirc

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but I can't seem to uair OOS (obviously, I usmash instead.... :c)

I've read that you have to just tilt the stick partway, but I still smash when I tilt. If I'm not shielding and I do a utilt and then I keep the control stick in that position to confirm that it's just a tilt, A makes me utilt, Y+A makes me smash.

What's the real way to uair OOS?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You are either:

A. Tilting too far

or

B. Your controller's analog stick is so loose that it's not sensitive enough around neutral to register that you're actually tilting up

At least, that's the issues I've run into with people that have issues buffering Uair

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Is it less of a tilt then utilt is?

I thought that might be the problem so I tried to tilt it to the very least it could go while still registering a utilt, and I still got a smash.

DeLux

It should be between the distance utilt registers and tap jump will cause you to jump

If you are jumping and hitting attack and you still smash, you are tilting too far, plain and simple. Just keep working closer and closer to neutral. If you nair, you've gone too far.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't forget that you can do a utilt by holding the analog as high up as possible, so knowing that you're able to utilt with your current way of doing it doesn't really mean anything.

Edit: Oh, as for the stages, I find that ZSS doesn't really do terribly on any stages like other characters do..stage choice will usually be based on the MU and player preference.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lylat sucks
rest is okay

To uair oos you have to minimally tilt. REALLY minimally. It's not even worth asking, you can just, like, enter training mode and try different degrees of tilts... is that really worth a question?

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess I'm just confused because I really did go into Training and try extremely minimal tilting to the point where there was no resistance on the stick but I could still get a tilt, so I know that it wouldn't be a nair, although it still didn't work.

I thought maybe something else was the problem because I went for the minimal tilting that would register a tilt and not a jab (as opposed to a tilt and not a smash), but I guess there is no other problem.

:phone:

BioDG

Smash Ace
Tap Jump off can make her mechanics a little easier to manage. Such is the case for me, at least.

Keep at that training mode. It may seem complicated, but this kind of problem just comes down to basic input habits getting in the way.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
sup ZSS boards. youve enlisted a new player. i still focus on melee but i like brawl for other reasons and diggggg my girl samus.

soooooo like..
who are some good ZSS to watch? overall and for certain MUs?

approaches? are they even a thing? all i got are over B and dash attack... lol

heres a recent video of my girl, any advice or feed back would be word. i prob play a little weird since im coming from melee..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJDfWNGDog0&context=C34d2ec9ADOEgsToPDskJu2PssNaJHzb06TtFSp1LH

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Went to a tourney yesterday (really small, 10 people, so we just made it a 10-man pool, lol) and I, for the first time, pulled off the grab offstage-->air release-->uncharged paralyzer--> footstool gimp on Falco (grabbed him out of his 2nd jump). Then, in the same match, I just did grab offstage-->air release-->edgehog. But the Falco was pretty bad.

So is the paralyzer even necessary? Is he able to sideB onto stage if I don't hit him with the paralyzer/footstool him? sum1tstplz

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Went to a tourney yesterday (really small, 10 people, so we just made it a 10-man pool, lol) and I, for the first time, pulled off the grab offstage-->air release-->uncharged paralyzer--> footstool gimp on Falco (grabbed him out of his 2nd jump). Then, in the same match, I just did grab offstage-->air release-->edgehog. But the Falco was pretty bad.

So is the paralyzer even necessary? Is he able to sideB onto stage if I don't hit him with the paralyzer/footstool him? sum1tstplz
He can side-b onto the stage if he does it ASAP.
You don't need to do anything after the paralyzer though. Falco cannot side-b to the stage after that little fall from it... only problem is, I'm not sure if you can tether fast enough to beat his side-b.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ah I see.
Doesn't really matter, I don't I'll have trouble with the execution. That was the first time I've ever tried, in tourney or in training mode or friendlies, and I did it just fine :p

zmx

Smash Lord
Falco is supposed to be a counter to ZSS >_>

And yet she has the downsmash lock and other things on him. Not to mention she can punish his recovery so well.

The only thing I can see right now going for Falco is jab work which is infinitely superior to hers and that lasers cause extra hitstun. Oh and the reflector I guess.

DeLux

Both of you should stop fighting and main ICs if you hate them so much

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Gonna MM Tech Ch@se this Saturday (btw watch the stream for that tournament, it's called Revival of Salt). I know it's supposed to be an easy MU but I have no experience against any good DDDs, any advice for this MU plz?

So far all I know is
-Jab his waddle dees to refresh everything
-Low % fthrow cg
-Fair is awesome because DDD is fat so he gets hit by both hits of fair for quite a long time
-Dsmash --> grab --> air release CG lasts forever
-His dair beats our upB
-Usmash and upB his recovery after he's reached the apex of it
-SideB outranges ftilt

If I shield his landing bairs, can I punish with utilt OoS?

Top Bottom